Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
So, question about space 

Post So, question about space
Or more specifically, constellations. Obviously there are quite a few constellations in the sky that are named after animals that they look like... in our world, at least. But what about Housepets? As animals walk upright, some of the constellations may not look like the animal in question anymore. Are they named something else, or non-existent? Or maybe they even look different here, to keep the legends behind them existent?
Does anyone know for sure, and if not, well then what do you think?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:10 am
Game Master

Post Re: So, question about space
Pecan wrote:
Or more specifically, constellations. Obviously there are quite a few constellations in the sky that are named after animals that they look like... in our world, at least. But what about Housepets? As animals walk upright, some of the constellations may not look like the animal in question anymore. Are they named something else, or non-existent? Or maybe they even look different here, to keep the legends behind them existent?

Constellations are the fruit of their beholders' fantasy. They even vary from civilization to civilization, so you can basically invent everything that fits both animals and humans alike. I have no problems imagining HPverse animals making their own reference points in the sky. It also stands to logic that with time the animals currently living as pets have learned to refer to the constellations as humans made them.
The hoofed mammals and the lizards and any other non-bipedal life form look and move like the ones in our universe, so their constellations stand.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:18 am
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back

Pecan wrote:
Constellations look almost nothing like what they're supposed to be of. I'm sure they drew whatever the heck conclusions they wanted. I'm not sure how this world would be different. :P

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 am
Profile WWW

Here's one

The three wise men

(Photo taken by Peanut. He seems to be an amateur astronomer when he's not drawing Spot or disturbing Grape)

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 am

Gren wrote:
Here's one

The three wise men

(Photo taken by Peanut. He seems to be an amateur astronomer when he's not drawing Spot or disturbing Grape)

Oh how that made me laugh.

twitter: https://twitter.com/aBritishfox

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]