Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Housepets! Kickstarter 

Post Housepets! Kickstarter
No, I am not actually doing a Kickstarter for the comic without the creator's consent (because that would be illegal), but a lot of readers want to see this branch out beyond the realm of sequential art.

The King arc, in particular, could make up an entire feature film. A TV series could be adapted from it as well. I believe I recall Rick having the desire to start out with an anime in Japan.

The option is available, though all crowdfunded ideas, even successful ones tend to run into the same pitfall: how should the money be spent?

More importantly, though, do you think a Kickstarter for Housepets! would be successful? How much would you be willing to give, and how many readers outside the forum do you think would contribute?

Leave your answers and creative comments in the comments section below.

I'm RayWilliamJohnson and I approve this message.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Housepets! Kickstarter
Anthroguy101 wrote:
No, I am not actually doing a Kickstarter for the comic without the creator's consent (because that would be illegal), but a lot of readers want to see this branch out beyond the realm of sequential art.

The King arc, in particular, could make up an entire feature film. A TV series could be adapted from it as well. I believe I recall Rick having the desire to start out with an anime in Japan.

The option is available, though all crowdfunded ideas, even successful ones tend to run into the same pitfall: how should the money be spent?

More importantly, though, do you think a Kickstarter for Housepets! would be successful? How much would you be willing to give, and how many readers outside the forum do you think would contribute?

Leave your answers and creative comments in the comments section below.

I'm RayWilliamJohnson and I approve this message.

I'm sure we all have wanted this and one point, and probably still do. However it's not as simple as just starting a Kickstarter. You need to have an actual group that could do the animations and the like. I advertising is another thing.

Also, while I also do believe King's OverArc(as in Over-reaching Arc) could make a fine feature length movie, I believe it would be the wrong introduction to Housepets!, you see (I'm probably getting infamous for saying this) Peanut and Grape are the Originals, and still the Main Characters. If there is any animation produced, it should start out with them. If the first animation was King, it would be sort of like false advertising.

Take Back The Power of the RAINBOW

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:26 pm
Totally Not Rick

Post Re: Housepets! Kickstarter
If you'd like to financially support Housepets! and other Rick Griffin Studios projects, you may visit Rick's Patreon. I don't anticipate Rick crowd-funding an animated series or similar, but don't let that stop y'all from discussing it.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]