Private Elliot

Re: Housepets on Youtube?

Post by Private Elliot »

mariomarc wrote:you could always change the pitch on audacity
True...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Or your voice might be what Rick's looking for if, for example, Miles's Cubs or Pap need to be cast.
Last edited by Dissension on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I can almost see Zach as having a pretty high-pitched voice. So maybe you'd be good for him Elliot!
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Since there are very few girls here, we almost need a young person to play young characters.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Suddenly, I'm alot happier.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Im back on my computer *gets to working on the strip*
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

I tried that Spot one, I hope I didn't completely screw it up Image It's hard to tune, as rendering takes almost an hour Image I tried adding some generated music to see how will it sound like, but I don't think it's much fitting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XD5Orqo1Jc
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Tails++ wrote:I tried that Spot one, I hope I didn't completely screw it up Image It's hard to tune, as rendering takes almost an hour Image I tried adding some generated music to see how will it sound like, but I don't think it's much fitting.
Another made of win video from Tails++

You really have a future in editing/programing.
I'm Dead serious.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Tails++ wrote:I tried that Spot one, I hope I didn't completely screw it up Image It's hard to tune, as rendering takes almost an hour Image I tried adding some generated music to see how will it sound like, but I don't think it's much fitting.
I took a look at it! Don't get me wrong here: Your technique is excellent. I cannot stress this enough. It's just not the technique that I'm looking for. I don't want big flashy jump cuts and special effects, I sort of want people to see the art.

I should have probably said upfront that I prefer something a lot more subdued like Zander's editing style. However I am going to have a number of things I want in the videos before they're all finalized (How I want the title cards etc).
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Zander

Post by Zander »

I just lost the last bit of moral to finish the project. :<

-Robert Louis Stevenson
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Zander wrote:I just lost the last bit of moral to finish the project. :<
Oh come on! *sighs*
Zander

Post by Zander »

rickgriffin wrote:
Zander wrote:I just lost the last bit of moral to finish the project. :<
Oh come on! *sighs*
Im still working on it, but my external 1 tb hard drive wont start up, which holds all my sounds and plugins... Curse you! Western Digital!

And im up to the part where spot and cyborg are debating physics :<

-Robert Louis Stevenson
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

That sucks something serious.

Hopefully its not-being-able-to-start-up can be repaired, man
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Are there still positions that need to filled or voiced? I really want to take a crack at this!
Make Pasta not war.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Me too!
I think I would fit Bino pretty well.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

We haven't finalized anything yet! Still need to set up some times for auditions on Skype
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'm pretty much free after 3 PM Central time on weekdays and pretty often on weekends.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

I could be one of Miles' Cubs.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

rickgriffin wrote:We haven't finalized anything yet! Still need to set up some times for auditions on Skype
I'm free from 9:00 P.M. till ?, seven days per week, as soon as my mic arrives. x3

zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Yo, been reading the comic for a while now, and I'm actually bothering to join the forums!

Back on track, since I can't voice act to save my life nor am I able to even edit video, I wouldn't mind writing a few themes for the radio show. Kinda like Family Guy (though not quite as professional, sadly), where a transition song will play. As for the title theme, no lyrics unless someone else can write and/or sing them. I mainly write video game music, but I can easily adjust. Up to you, though. I'd be willing in any case.

I like to compare my style to Grant Kirkhope with a bit of Koji Kondo. I'll post some demo music soon, but for now here's my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/zeroslashj

This is just my "mediocre" music, which explains the slight lack of quality; the "Koopa's Road" arrangement gives you a hint at my true volume. Also, 8-16-bit: she is easy to write for.
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

RickGriffin: Thank you, that means a lot from you Image I'm sorry it's not what you wanted. My idea was, that if a video is used as media, then it would've been better to take advantage of it and give the "cinematic-animated-film-like" feel, so it catches more attention and isn't boring (figuratively speaking, not that comic with voices is boring, but it wouldn't be just a simple slideshow (or almost identical copy of the comic + dubbing, but rather something new), sorry if it sounds like I want to imply that otherwise comic is boring or anything (it's actually quite the opposite), I didn't mean to imply that Image ). But I guess I should've taken hint when you said that Zander's style is exactly what you want and don't even bother when I'm not useful for this Image

Image But, but, but... what do you exactly mean by that you want people to see the art? I think I didn't omit any picture-part of the panels, some were even enlarged (with high resolution pictures, they would then see art with more details). Or do you mean that not a whole strip is shown at once? I thought that shouldn't be a problem, as video isn't much still media, so if somebody wants to have a closer, more still look at the art, he can just look at normal comic.

Also I thought that it's better to demonstrate editing abilities this way, than by just making simple slideshow with some sounds, that can be done quite quickly even in Movie Maker. Plus it sounds a little bit weird to me to say "<somenick>'s editing style", as it sounds like that style was tied to given person, who is unable to use any other. I think that usually video editors (as in people, not software (although you can debate, whether human mind is just a software or not, but that's weird and somewhat irrelevant)) can use different styles according to somebody's needs and depending on what is the nature of their work. Maybe "The style <somenick> used" sound better, but I'm not really sure, sorry I was just thinking. I'll rather go to do something else, I'm again sorry that I did it the wrong way, please don't be mad at me Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Zander

Post by Zander »

Tails++ wrote:RickGriffin: Thank you, that means a lot from you Image I'm sorry it's not what you wanted. My idea was, that if a video is used as media, then it would've been better to take advantage of it and give the "cinematic-animated-film-like" feel, so it catches more attention and isn't boring (figuratively speaking, not that comic with voices is boring, but it wouldn't be just a simple slideshow (or almost identical copy of the comic + dubbing, but rather something new), sorry if it sounds like I want to imply that otherwise comic is boring or anything (it's actually quite the opposite), I didn't mean to imply that Image ). But I guess I should've taken hint when you said that Zander's style is exactly what you want and don't even bother when I'm not useful for this Image

Image But, but, but... what do you exactly mean by that you want people to see the art? I think I didn't omit any picture-part of the panels, some were even enlarged (with high resolution pictures, they would then see art with more details). Or do you mean that not a whole strip is shown at once? I thought that shouldn't be a problem, as video isn't much still media, so if somebody wants to have a closer, more still look at the art, he can just look at normal comic.

Also I thought that it's better to demonstrate editing abilities this way, than by just making simple slideshow with some sounds, that can be done quite quickly even in Movie Maker. Plus it sounds a little bit weird to me to say "<somenick>'s editing style", as it sounds like that style was tied to given person, who is unable to use any other. I think that usually video editors (as in people, not software (although you can debate, whether human mind is just a software or not, but that's weird and somewhat irrelevant)) can use different styles according to somebody's needs and depending on what is the nature of their work. Maybe "The style <somenick> used" sound better, but I'm not really sure, sorry I was just thinking. I'll rather go to do something else, I'm again sorry that I did it the wrong way, please don't be mad at me Image

I was getting my moral back..

I lost it again..

Thanks.
*gets to working*

Oh, and its not a (complete)slideshow this time, it has little effects, but still retains the comic-feel.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Don't be so bashful! Let me explain what I mean.

Yes, your style was rather cinematic in its approach, but it doesn't quite let the comic be a comic. Instead, it's more like using the panels as objects onscreen to which things happen, as though the panels themselves were the characters rather than the characters in the panels. You don't need to overly dazzle the viewer--and in fact it creates confusion when the effects get in the way of them actually seeing what's on the panel.

The background music draws away from the voice acting, as terrible as I was. My personal preference is for no music except for where it actually has some specific purpose, like is done in Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged.

Keep in mind the idea behind this whole thing is to showcase the comic, and that can't be done when the comic can't be seen as a comic. So don't get me wrong, your skill is excellent.

Also, I didn't mean "Zander's style" as in that was his only thing, I sort of meant his approach to this particular project.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

rickgriffin wrote:My personal preference is for no music except for where it actually has some specific purpose, like is done in Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged.
So Sexyback can play when certain characters talk?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Sleet wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:My personal preference is for no music except for where it actually has some specific purpose, like is done in Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged.
So Sexyback can play when certain characters talk?
Maybe for Fido
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well now not only will I make sure Grape sounds like Rita in my head, I will make Fido sound like Duke.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Rick Griffin: Sorry, sorry Image I just get very nervous (even now) when I wrote that (and this) start trembling a little and breathing shortly (like I was going to talk before a huge (>1000) audience (well if I had actually to do that, I would just die from fear several days before or literally freeze like I do when ""talking"" IRL to very important people) and then I write stupid things), I don't mean to annoy your anything, I'm just horribly nervous, sorry.

Yes I understand now, I didn't know, I also thought that it would be a little awkward to present something that I finished quite quickly, because if I don't put much work into it, it sort of feels like slacking or something, plus of course as I said previously, I sort of wanted to take it to "next level" (not that the comic itself is some low level or inferior, I mean next level like different level, something new (different approach), not level up, rather right/left, sorry if it sounds bad, I don't mean to bash anything), make something rather new, based upon the comic, I wasn't sure what exactly you want/might like. Image

Also, I don't think that music really fits, I just put the there, because I wanted to hear how will it sound and look rendered with music, plus I thought that it sounds a little empty without sound in the background (similarly, when black background looks empty, I tried for background to reflect the environment), but I guess that some ambient-environment sound would be better and of course not much loud, so it won't disrupt the voice, but help to create the atmosphere.

Zander: What motivation? I think if you loose motivation, you're pretty much unable to do anything at all even for months... or you work very very slowly all the time, despite having tons of work to do, tons of ideas, but absolutely no energy to realize them... Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Zander

Post by Zander »

*kicks Sony Vegas in a place where most guys wouldn't want to be kicked.*
Im halfway through the third comic and when i try to copy a mask key-frame it spazzes out and stops working >_>

-Robert Louis Stevenson
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Tails: There is such a thing as over-producing something. You don't need to worry about not doing enough! I will believe you if you say you can meet the criteria *Giggles*

Zander: Um, how about if you cut up the project into multiple comics instead of trying to do it all at once? I think it might work better as individuals instead of something large anyway.
Zander

Post by Zander »

rickgriffin wrote:Tails: There is such a thing as over-producing something. You don't need to worry about not doing enough! I will believe you if you say you can meet the criteria *Giggles*

Zander: Um, how about if you cut up the project into multiple comics instead of trying to do it all at once? I think it might work better as individuals instead of something large anyway.
:o

i just finished the third comic. (right after "Always fight fair, for all definitions of fair- ever.") Should i render? or try to do another/more.

Also,ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageits okayImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Tails.ImageImageImageImageImageImageYou didImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage reallyImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage good.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Cut it into bite-sized single comic pieces possible?
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Zander: Um? Thank you? (I don't know what to think, say, not say so it won't sound/notsound weird) Image (why the emoticon swarm?) But it's not what Rick Griffin wanted, so I blew my chance to do something official, but I have some other things I'll hopefully do, or maybe not, I don't know... That's not what I wanted, I just forgot to mention interesting thing I noticed in sentence "Ready or not, here I come", where the voice reminds me of Big from the Sonic the Hedgehog, although that's probably irrelevant, I just found it quite interesting for some reason... well I'll rather go away now and won't clutter this topic anymore.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Zander

Post by Zander »

rickgriffin wrote:Cut it into bite-sized single comic pieces possible?
Sure, do you want each to have its own intro?
Or do you want me to send you what i have so far, and you decide from there?

Tails: Yeah, probably better then i could do... and if i could, it would probably take longer than a week.. Maybe try something else? Are you good at voice acting? if you did that it would be official..

-Robert Louis Stevenson
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I'm a fan of minimalism. What are you doing for the intro, because I though just quick cuts between title and credits would work fine.
Zander

Post by Zander »

rickgriffin wrote:I'm a fan of minimalism. What are you doing for the intro, because I though just quick cuts between title and credits would work fine.

*click*... *click*

What intro?

-Robert Louis Stevenson
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Um
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm sure he meant title page and credits.

Zander

Post by Zander »

* realizes no one got the joke*

You have a skype, dont you? can i just send you a .avi of what i have? in a low resolution so it doesn't take that long to render and is easily downloaded?

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Zander: No, I already said in first post that I can't do voice acting (thus I used synthesized voices in the first video (why did I even do two?)), since I'm not native English speaker and I basically never have chance to talk in English (talk aloud) so my pronunciation/accent is probably horrible, not to mention I can't even do voices in my native language.

I rather meant a screensaver (programmed in C++ with my engine, but I wrote a few lines, then lost motivation (actually I didn't have any to start with) and stopped, although I already did project analysis and planning (which is sort of obvious when I started writing code)), some computer games (although I have to do graphics by myself) and some other things I forgot now, but wrote them down several months ago when I got ideas... but I wanted to do these things many months ago and basically did nothing... Image And probably won't do anything again, as I lost all motivation and strength to do pretty much anything (including other, personal projects) again... I shouldn't have been stupid and rather do something else than that useless test adaptation, but I wouldn't finish it anyway, so why bother. Oh sorry, I'm talking again, I need to stop doing that Image Sorry Image just ignore me now I guess.

Actually when I think about it, it was pretty irresponsible for me to even think about doing this, sorry for bothering, I should've realized that before, that I would sooner or later screw such things up badly or do something Image sorry, I didn't realize this Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Tails++, stop being so hard on yourself. You do great work.