The Welcome Thread!

Discuss the comic here
Dylan
Box Fox

The Welcome Thread!

Post by Dylan »

This is to say hello to all the new faces on the forum of Housepets!
So go ahead and introduce yourself!

I am Dylan, also known as Dylanmouse! (and secretly Boxman) I love only 2 things in this world...Boxes and PASTA. (also Housepets!) I will most likely play video games with you if you ask me, and If you do, I will give you a Box of PASTA for your birthday...(without the PASTA of course...I get hungry) I am also the mod for this forum, so behave around me or face my wrath(Of boxes)! I think that is all you really need to know about me besides Boxes and PASTA.
Last edited by Dylan on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Pasta not war.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Post by Blue Braixen »

Hi, I'm Tha Housedog, and I'm a Housepets! addict.
I'm 16, and a furry.
I'm addicted to music (metal, rock, alternative, and I can tolerate pop and country), and you will probably never see me without an earphone in.
I have a "fursona," Elias.
I dream of one day becoming a Veterinarian, and I'm also an average artist and above average storyteller whenever creativity hits. So you may one day read one of my fanfics whenever inspiration comes.
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

I'm ReCreate, yet another forum member. Meh meh.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

I'm dalonewolf25, an addict forum gamer and college student, as well as a forum welcomer. Feel free to ask me or any of the mods any questions, understood?
Last edited by dalonewolf25 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Thanks for making the new thread, Dylan.

We've noticed that large threads can be more prone to problems, so every so often, some threads will be locked and restarted!

I'm Buckdida; often my name is shortened to Buck. I've been called the resident supermod, the "nice" moderator, and I also really need to update that there Housepets information thread linked in my signature.

I basically watch and moderate the entirety of the site: Comic Comments on the main page, all of the forums, and the un-official IRC room. I do try my best to be friendly and open minded (with the exception of my needing to enforce rules), though I really can't judge myself on those qualities; can you guys help me with that?
Sneaky wrote:I can also be very silly at times, wark! Is that a carrot?! *runs around in circles*
Hush, you. Anywho, I'm the general "go-to" guy on the forums here, so if you have a question or a problem, feel free to PM me.

Oh, yeah, and if you want to just chat or talk or something, that's fine too, just message me over MsN or AIM! I don't bite, usually, as long as you aren't causing problems for me to clean up in the forums. A number of others can attest to that, I think.

Cya all around!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm Dissension, also known as the Man In Green. I'm notorious for bolding user names and whatever else I do.

I'd say that's a fairly adequate self-intro.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Heya, I'm Tobee. Often known as Tiggy, LilTig or summit along those lines.

I'm from Sweden. I love cookies.

YUSH!

*runs off in to the distance*
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm Sleet! I'm pretty much the best person here. At everything. I post here a lot, because I really like the community here. I've been reading Housepets! since way back during the zoo arc, but am still pretty new to the forum. I also like to delude myself thinking I know a lot of stuff. Also, almost no one here seems to know if I'm a boy or a girl because I'm secretive like that.

P.S. Since other people seem to be mentioning it, I'm a furry. An arctic fox to be precise. I try not to be super weird about it.
Last edited by Sleet on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Hello. I am Challenger01. Some people better know me as "Rufus" because I do an interesting voice for the character from this very comic! I'm just an average forum member trying to make a few friends :D
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm Teh Brawler. I'm an art student, and a current member of the Housepets forum. I'm not a furry, but I have written several Housepets fanfics. I also have my own webcomic, a link to which is in my signature. I may type in all caps, and can be dramatic for the sake of silliness.

OH THE SHAMELESS PLUGS
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am copper,one of the newer members of this forum. i would classify myself as a moderately active poster. I spend too much time on the forum games, and when I'm not online or reading ( my biggest hobbies), I am not home. My sense of humor is old-fashioned, and anything else you might need or want to know about me is probably on the forums already. I enjoy Housepets! because it combines my previously mentioned hobbies.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Teh Brawler wrote:I'm Teh Brawler. I'm an art student, and a current member of the Housepets forum. I'm not a furry, but I have written several Housepets fanfics. I also have my own webcomic, a link to which is in my signature. I may type in all caps, and can be dramatic for the sake of silliness.

OH THE SHAMELESS PLUGS
You forgot to mention that people should avoid you and that you're the most hated member here.

My name is Alex. Maybe not IRL, but don't you dare call me otherwise than ALEX! Or maybe Whitebeard, which I use on IRC if the nickname Alex is unavailable. That name is very important to me. I am 18 and study medicine. Oh, and I play guitar and I'm obsessed with music, especially hard rock and heavy metal. So yeah, that's probably all you should know about me. Oh, and I'm crazy. Also, I'm gay but I'm not ashamed of that... hehehhehe :oops:
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Hey, everyone! The name's Pecan, a newer member, youngest member, and loving it! I'm a fan of Housepets!, obviously. I started reading when King was introduced. I'm a sucker for crack-pairings, (pairings that would never happen in canon) and I love fan works. ^^ I think we can all get along!
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I'm Dubiousity, and if you don't know me right now you've probably been under a rock the past 3 months. xP
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Medli

Post by Medli »

I am Medli, 16 years old and actually more active in the IRC than here. But hey, come there and we can speak and RP and whatever :3
Oh yeah, and I am german :P
Last edited by Medli on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3
valerio

Post by valerio »

Salve a tutti!
This is Valerio, first Italian of this forum and eldest member (43 y/o), translator, fanfic writer...also, desk employee for 20 years at a software firm and living happily with mah three doggies
And, of course, devoted to this comic and this forum. *bows*
Last edited by valerio on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Sup, y'all? My name is zeroslash, and I'm going to reuse a joke, so you can also call me zeroslash. I'm a high school student in my Junior year who likes video games, music, computers, and writing. Speaking of video games, I hope to be a video game director and a businessman with my own game development company with the help of my friends.
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Hi I'm Anth, I'm an electric/electronic engineering student in Durham, England. In the future I hope to put my engineering skills to good use and develop new communications and electronics technologies.
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

hai peeps ^-^ i'm sonic id furreh!!! otherwise known as sonic
everyone here is mah peeps (or at least they better be)
also i'm a furry :D
and umm.... yeah *throws flash bomb on the ground and dissapears*
Last edited by sonic id furreh!!! on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

I'm yoyodude. My actual name has been dropped somewhere in this forum, if you find it you can call me by it. My name describes me pretty well: I'm a dude, and I yoyo... y'know, the round thing that everyone hates? Yeah those. I also snowboard, skateboard, bike, and... other stuff. I'm not a furry. I like the comic. I wrote an extremely short fic to insert a character I drew and to save a character I like *Rolls eyes* . I'm attempting to become a better writer, I think I'm... okay (Some people want to say otherwise ;) ). I don't stay up for the comic to update, and I don't tend to post anywhere unless I have a reason. I'm on a Wii. I'm actually a completely opposite person offline, and I don't live online...

hmm...

I have 4 horses

I love doggies

I love kitty cats :3

hmm...

And I can never seem to use the kitty face without feeling weird.

that is all
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

I'm Lucid-Darkness.

...I'm terrible at introductions, so... erm... Hi!
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hey I'm IceKitsune also known as Ice or Kitsy (any of them is fine really) I love Video Games (mostly 90s systems Genesis,SNES ect.) and web comics (especially Housepets! or I wouldn't be reading it duh.) among many other things. I also love reading fanfiction and watching Lets Plays and the like. I think that's good enough for an introduction.
Karl

Post by Karl »

My forum username is Karlos. For now I won't share too much about myself because I wanna be just a forum user. But I can tell you some things.

I'm currently going to school of photography. I wanna be a photo technician and share my photos with entire world, so I can know what people think about my ideas and points of view. I also wanna make galleries, but not just nrmal ones. I wanna make those that have stunning suprises for the audience.

I like Housepets! because I personaly love animals. Also the author of this comic has a great artistic talent and a wonderful sense of humour.
I'm a bookworm!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Hello, I'm 44R0NM10, friendly neighborhood 1337 5P34K3R...

Yeah, I've never spoke 1337 in my life. You guys can call me anything, although my common nicknames are: Aaron, Ron and 44. Take your pick!

Yeah, I'm from England and had a faint Mancheaster accent. I'm a good guy to chat with, and you'll mostly find me on the OOC or some of the RP threads...that is, until the chat thread comes back. :D

oh yeah, and I'm a furry.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I am Flint, I used to frequent the Forum Games often. (Enough to have like 5,800 Posts on it) But recently have sorta quit it.

I am a pacifist and am like the most strict about violence and language on the forums. Sorry. .-.

Umm....I am probably not going to be on as much as my earlier days but it is nice to meet you all. ^^;

And also, I can most defiantly classify myself as a furry. :3
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I'm Wolf, but my name is actually a cover. I'm really a Hyena.
I dress up alot for stupid reasons. (Sometimes just because I feel like wearing my aviator jacket.)

Oh, and I'm trying to turn Flint *two post above me.* into a nice tasty burger.
Frankenstein Shelley
S-7; P- 8; E- 6; C- 4; I- 7; A- 5; L- 5
Firewolf

Post by Firewolf »

Hello, I am ________, also known as Firewolf. I'm from California U.S.A. I am not a furry, but I am an author of my own Anthro fantasy series. So, I'm a Christian Writer, Football player, Artist Wanna-be, and huge fan of Housepets!

My own book series pretty much describes me. My book is Christian Fantasy on a Werewolf type of character, think it's impossible? Well, I plan on publishing it so you can read it for youself then. =)
Firewolf Cody North S-8 P-4 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-5

Life is like a book, each day is a new page. You have the pen in hand, now what are you going to write? Are you going to write a horror, romance, a fantasy? But write carefully, for you are using a pen and pages cannot be erased.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hello, this be Hypergenesis. There's a silly fox in my parenthesis (and a silly human outside.). I'm a regular lurker in the forums (and I'm one in the IRC, come visit sometime.). I like role-playing (and I love being role-played.) though I usually wander around the view unread posts, nice little option just below the ads for those who haven't used it.

I'm usually a lurking mass of boredom (and I like being energetic) but sometimes I join the forum games in search of excitement. I won't say I'm a good source of experience as I'm relatively new to forums as well (can you say recluse?), but I hope we can all have fun together, be it with discussions, random chatting or just hanging out with silly foxes (or silly humans).
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

You can't stop me Sleet! I've already got the mustard!

Oh, and hello too Firewolf and Hypergenisis.
Frankenstein Shelley
S-7; P- 8; E- 6; C- 4; I- 7; A- 5; L- 5
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Good Day to All
I am Miles Kingford, I am British, and I am a student at a prestigious college in my country. I am a person of unbridled ambition and I want to one day make a real difference in the world so that I can make this world become a better place. I like to think myself as an intellectual but I still have so much to learn and the persuit of knowledge and understanding is a passion of mine as well as my writing, I also like to self-improve making myself a better person as I grow older. I am an avid problem solver and I conduct research to solve the problems of the past, I stumbled across Housepets during my research on the furry fandom and I joined the forum after my research was concluded. I am still unsure as to whether I am a furry or not but I guess I would describe myself as a borderline furry. Due to my serious nature I do not usually get jokes in posts, which you will not doubt see at some point, and I enjoy having discussions on the various threads.
I guess this pretty much tells you all you will want to know.

Added: I also like to meet new and interesting people, if anyone ever wishes to talk then by all means send me a PM.
Last edited by MilesKingford on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I'm The Game. I'm Nigerian. I'm a female, and I'm always happy...er...almost always. I'm ready for a hug and I love to hi 5 people. I'm loud. I love food with a passion. I'm a really good writer. I love to sing. I still love food. I love playing sports and piano. I doodle when I get bored (which is just about all the time) and I can't do math homework without doodling or listening to music. Which reminds me, i love music! And I still love food. I can't think about anything else that's interesting about me....so....yeah.
NOW WHO WANTS A HI 5!?!?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Since even those who aren't new seem to be posting in this new thread....

Hello, I'm ChewyChewy. I enjoy drawing and writing, reading and watching movies, and learning about history. I love dogs even though I haven't owned one in a long time. I'm American, and I'm a guy.

While I don't have a fursona (too hard to choose just one), my RPG characters (found in my avatar) are based on aspects of my real-life personality.

My dream is for everyone to be able to agree to disagree--in other words, to be friends and love each other even if they couldn't disagree more on things, even things they consider important.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Zander

Post by Zander »

Hi! i'm Zander....

*walks away*
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

hi im SomebodyYouKnow, SomebodyIKnow, SomebodyIDontKnow, Somebody, SYK, SID, SIDK, and many more anoying knicknames! they come with pun opportunities!

knock it off, guys :evil:
im serious.

i enjoy music right now, and i know because im going to do my psychology experiment on if music is addictive. my fav artists:
Against Me
Daft Punk
The Offspring
tommorow they will change.

i like precoucious, the webcomic that shall not be named, bittersweat candy bowl, original life, and of course housepets!

im furry.
my fursona look like dis

my hobbies include being random.

fish.

i have dynamic avies! its addicting! :0

click my userbar! im addicted to that to!

i spew random quotes on the occasion!

i act smarter than i am, which is lifes most important skill.

im 14!

im a boy

i love highschool!

im a horrible artist!

thatsa me!
bwah bwah
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm Beagle.
I've been told that I act older than I really am. My age is somewhere in here, if you really want to know.
I'm wanting to become a teacher, I love high school! I'm the math geek that's friends with all the cultural arts kids. =)
I'm also one of the few females on this forum. I'm also that one rare girl that you occasinally find in Gamestop. O.O
I have a passion for music (alternative, rock, country, and pop), photography, advanced math, and philosophy. I'm decent with computers, but I'm by no means a genius with them. Oh yes, and I also like quotes (I'm a Photobucket addict) and poetry. (William Shakespeare is the man!)
I'm not a furry, but I love animals. Dogs, specifically. =D
I love random people, when this randomness has some type of order. :lol:
I like being around people and having fun! I'm rather reserved at first glance though. =)
Talk to me whenever (PM me if you want) and don't be shy; I don't bite!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Hey, I'm Esquire Fox.
I first joined solely to post some fan art, but stuck around for the community.
FlintTheSquirrel is my little brother, who you'll find to be a much more frequent poster than I am.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Hai there!

Name's Jofoxx, or Jo for short. I tend NOT to look at the welcome thread(though I should), so if you're knew I may not meet you until after everyone else.

I'm one of the members who's an avid roleplayer, so I tend to stick to that part of the forums more often. If you're into that kind of thing, I and everyone else in the RP&FF board would be glad to have you.

I love talking to new people(cuz the old ones get boring ;) ) so drop me a message sometime if you wanna talk!

P.S. If you're new, WELCOME!

P.S.S
Buckdida wrote:the "nice" moderator
*forces self not to laugh* xD Jk Buck! <3

P.S.S.S. I like tacos.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Hi, I'm Anthroguy101. I live in Warren, Pennsylvania and will be going to college in Edinboro (which is in Erie).
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

I'm going to say this once more. This is only for Introductions and Welcomes! I shouldn't be deleting stuff here.
So stay within those two things.
Make Pasta not war.
DigiManiac

Post by DigiManiac »

Greetings! DigiManiac reporting, known IRL as Alexander or simply Alex. I'm a 23 year old university student from Sweden currently doing an MA in Japanese and linguistics. So yeah, I'm a super nerd :ugeek:

I'm really into languages and linguistics, so feel free to drop me a PM if you wish to discuss such matters. Boogaloo!
-I know I'm crazy, I've never claimed to be sane-