The Welcome Thread!

Discuss the comic here
CanzetYote

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Post by CanzetYote »

CyberDragon wrote:Hi there! I've seen you around. Actually, you've been in the forums longer than I have. Also, I also have Asperger's Syndrome, and I'm pretty sure a bunch of others here are as well. I find it doesn't show as much online as it does in person. One of the reasons I like talking on the forums, the HP telegram chat, and the HP discord chat.
Yeah, I created my account almost a year ago but wasn't really wasn't that active on it until just last week.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Well I'm glad you've decided to be more active. I hope to see you around a lot more! :D
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Glad that you decided to be more active. Hope you enjoy your time here! If you have any questions, go ahead and ask any of us mods.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Finally welcome tot he forums, CanzetYote! Hope you have a lot of fun here!
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome, CanzetYote!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

It's nice you started to post here. ;) Hello and welcome, CanzetYote. :)
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

I've just realized that I never did this- whoops.

I suppose this could be my official introduction to the forums even though I've already commented on stuff here and there. I found out about Housepets! from a friend back in summer 2016 but only made an account on the forum earlier this year because that's when I really started getting into it.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Then... Happy belated welcome! ^^

Image Image
ImageImageImage
dusk

Post by dusk »

Uh....greetings. I'm Jolty. I just joined, as a friend of mine directed me here saying I would "enjoy the comic, and it sort of looks like my art style." Indeed, I love this comic! I spent my entire Sunday reading it, trying to catch up (I still have plenty to read.) Uh, anyways, it's nice to meet everyone. I don't know if I am supposed to myself as a person, and talk about myself a little bit or something, but to refrain from sounding snobby, I will wait.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Welcome to the forums, Jolty! I don't see anything wrong with telling about yourself, as long as you're not presenting yourself as "high and mighty" and if you're comfortable doing so.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact the moderator team.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Ah, thank you. Believe me, I am far from high and mighty, as you put it, but I just wanted to check to make sure it was appropriate to put this here. Though, I will refrain from posting often, as many of the people here, I have noticed, are beyond my age group, and I want to refrain from making people uncomfortable.

Anyways, I'll get this over with so you can move onto other folks. Greetings. My name is Jolty. I am a artist, who was joyful when I realized that the art style of HousePets was much like my own, which means I can avoid contacting the mods or creators, and wasting their time asking questions on "improving my art skills." I am also an avid reader and writer, have an obsession with space, science, physics, and the supernatural (UFO's, monsters, etc.) I also like to role-play, though I have slowed down as of late, because I have found no interesting new role-players or role-plays to be a part of, since I despise romance role-plays, and many of my former role-play partners have that as their main theme.

I apologize, I went on a bit of a tangent there, but I digress. If you would like to contact me, just send me a private message, and I will possibly respond, depending on if I want to be socially interactive that day. Oh, and I am a cat person. Just thought that is kind of an important thing to know on a site like this one. Thank you for reading this, I apologize for wasting your most likely already busy day.

Cordially,
-Jolty

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The age range around here runs quite the spectrum, but the concern is appreciated. We do have a role play section here, as you likely have noticed (if not, yeah, we have one), so if you feel like you're up to something to do, look them up, speak with the game masters, and see if they'll take you.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Thanks, but it is quite alright. I simply wished to know what this place was about, and I received my answer. I will probably never come on again, I would most likely just be annoying and problematic to the more experienced people.

*Russian Intensifies*
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

greetings Jolty.
if you can handle a an encouraged update rate of at least 1 post per player a day, we have a superhero RP going.
if you want something slower we've also got a "magic pets trying to blend in with the mundane" themed one that updates in seemingly random spurts, one that feels like a clone of Startrek (As in the GOOD versions from the 70s 80s & 90s.) with bits of other scifi series thrown in, a few fan rps for other vaguely tangentially related series like redwall or zootopia, and about a dozen RPs i haven't figured out how they work yet. ...despite having made completely unfitting, currently abandoned, characters for two of them that i still don't know what to actually do with.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome to the forums, Jolty!
dusk

Post by dusk »

Um, thank you, I suppose. It's been pleasant to be here thus far.

*Russian Intensifies*
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi and welcome! It's great to have you!

I can guarantee you're not going to be annoying or problematic, especially if you take a few moments to familiarise yourself with the forum rules. ^^

Quite honestly we have people here with ages from, I think, twelve to at least fifty so whatever your age you're bound to fit in!

We'd love to see some of your art and stories too so do feel free to share them in the art thread/media median if that's something you'd be comfortable doing! If not, then no worries. No pressure at all!

You do seem like a cool person so I'll look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you more! As D-Rock said, do feel free to poke any staff member at any time if you have any questions or concerns about anything around here, or if you just feel like a chat! You'll spot us easily by our dark blue/green/red names and the custom ranks under our avatars. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Now also in this place: Welcome to the forums, Jolty! Have a great time and much fun here.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
dusk

Post by dusk »

Thank you, I suppose. It is pleasant to be here. I just don't get why people keep greeting me. I am just a new user, nothing particularly special. I have no issues with with it, on the contrary, it is quite pleasant. It just confuses me why I am receiving so much attention.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

New people don't come to the forums very often, and many who do post once and then never post again. I greet all new people enthusiastically because I'm always looking for new friends here. Before the forums, I had very few and I often avoided them. This is the first group of people I've actually wanted to talk to and interact with. I'd like to see that group grow! :D
-Champion Motto

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Jolty-Kun wrote:Thank you, I suppose. It is pleasant to be here. I just don't get why people keep greeting me. I am just a new user, nothing particularly special. I have no issues with with it, on the contrary, it is quite pleasant. It just confuses me why I am receiving so much attention.
well this isn't called the introduction thread. that's just a necessary step before the true purpose can be achieved. and that is welcoming the new user.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hello and welcome here, Jolty-Kun. :) It's just our tradition to welcome new users who present themselves in this thread. ;)
RapidStrike

Post by RapidStrike »

Hi there! I've been reading the comic since 2009, and I finally decided to make an account since the community seems pretty fun (also I spent WAY too much time writing individual Arabic characters in Google Translate for today's comic to pass it up).

I'm RapidStrike, but sometimes I go by "Golly". I like doing art stuff sometimes, and I enjoy programming/software development. I may not post much on here (I honestly haven't touched a bulletin board forum in months), but I do constantly use Discord and Tumblr for communication and making bad posts.

How are you all?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Doing good, how are you? Welcome to the forums, RapidStrike.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Welcome to the forums RapidStrike! Hope you'll have a lot of fun here and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help.

I'm doing fine, thanks. Hope the same for you. :-)
Thanks for the Arabic translation, that's a great help for the bad translations. ^^

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!! :D ! :D !! :D !!! :D !!!!!

I hope you have fun here!
-Champion Motto

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's a good community ... sorta like Babylon Gardens.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Welcome here RapidStrike. :) Good to know another old reader. ;)
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Greetings again. I am SilverballJim. I am going to be more active on the forums, and I will be sure to practice the fan art.

I wasn't active before but I will try again to continue the battle.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome back, SilverballJim!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Welcome back, SilverballJim!

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

WELCOME BACK TO THE FORUMS SILVERBALLJIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D !!!!!! :D !!!!
-Champion Motto

Arcedfuse

Post by Arcedfuse »

Salutations all. Names Arcedfuse however i would prefer Ab, as is it what my friends call me, which is short for Abnormaul. I can't boast years and years as some of you can, but i know a comic that i like when i see it and boy was i distraught when I caught up to present day in only half a month(for me that's fast since the last book i read in full was in middle school). I'm now leaving my teenager years as i get my career in firefighting and emergency response off the ground. As far as entertainment goes however, I primarily play video games and criticise and analyse movies, I've an intimacy with wrestling and golf as well.
its a pleasure to join a community such as this and i hope i can get to know you and hope you know that i shun no further questions one may have for me... as far as i know anyways, it is the internet after all
Please... Call me Ab ;)

And these are my stats

Nathan: S=7/ P=5/ E=4/C=4/ I=8/ A=6/ L=4
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Hey, Ab! Welcome to the forums! We like newcomers :D
Is there a connection between wrestling and golf that makes you like both, or do they fill different roles?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome tot he forums, Ab! :D
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Welcome here, Ab! :)
Arcedfuse

Post by Arcedfuse »

Well you see Obbl ever since my almost first fight in first grade it gave me a glimpse of a side of life I didn't like, as well as observing that all fights had no justifiable victim just culprits. Thus, I swore to a life of pacifism, and i became extremely tolerant people's harsh words and trifling opinions. So when high school came bumpin' along I decided to exercise my patience with golf freshman year as it reminded me of times when my dad was patient enough to teach me the intricacies of swinging a stick. So when sophomore year came around i was being hit with a lot of life and didn't want to take it out on the poor soul who would have decided to shout in my ear whilst i was in a mood for the sake of a joke as i was highly irritable as a result of life, so my solution was to throw people who signed up to get thrown and thus my wrestling hobby started. As mentioned previously I still do enjoy both sports with equal vigor, it's just a matter being able to do them at my age now.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Hello there!

If you have any questions, feel free to speak to one of the Moderator team members. We'll help how we can.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

*EXPLODES WITH JOY*
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS AB!!!!! :D !!!! :D ! :D !!! :D ! :D !!!! :D !!
-Champion Motto

Arcedfuse

Post by Arcedfuse »

please cyberdragon im not that big
Please... Call me Ab ;)

And these are my stats

Nathan: S=7/ P=5/ E=4/C=4/ I=8/ A=6/ L=4