HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU?: Apollo City

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"How ingenious. Although, does not having visitors play havoc with their instincts and feeding patterns?"
"I guess," Jemmy reflected, "it comes with manners. Animals are sentient creatures, birds and snake included. And like humans, they can restrain their primal urges if it serves them to a higher scope."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It's okay. You're no bother at all." Kelly assures the ferret, giving his paw a brief squeeze before releasing it. Sensing that he's still not entirely comfortable due in part to his expression, the anidroid decides to change the topic away from the ferret.
"So what do you think of the facility? It is rather impressive, is it not?"
Veil smiled again, "Thanks." He looked around at the place again, Yes, it's the most impressive thing I've ever seen, the amount of resources that must go into it. I imagine only the real thing could be better." He looked back at Kelly, "Well, what do you think of it?"
Last edited by Civilization on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"As I am an anidroid I do not think, per se. However the scale and complexity of this Sanctuary does far exceed that anticipated by that portion of my logic circuitry which allows me to predict and plan for events. I believe that if I were an organic this would lead to the emotion known as 'impressed'. I had been operating under the assumption that the sanctuary would more closely resemble the zoos of old."

~~@@~~
"That is true, Jemmy." Todd concurs before checking the map he'd downloaded earlier. "We must be close to Vi now, correct?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:"As I am an anidroid I do not think, per se. However the scale and complexity of this Sanctuary does far exceed that anticipated by that portion of my logic circuitry which allows me to predict and plan for events. I believe that if I were an organic this would lead to the emotion known as 'impressed'. I had been operating under the assumption that the sanctuary would more closely resemble the zoos of old."
Veil looked around again at the same things, only from a differnet angle now, "Yes, impressed seems to be the word for it." He looked at Kelly, she must find it odd that he repeats the same motions when talking to her, "A zoo? I would think it would have been more of a preserve, but this here seems to top that scale."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"This is the best compromise, given the limited space for such a number of specimen," Jemmy said. "Not to mention that the scope of this place is not exhibit. Visits like this one are uncommon down here."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James had turned his head, listening to Jemmy and and Todd converse. He didn't include his input verbally,mentally instead. He smiled at the small group of friends before continuing to listen in on the conversation. His mind shifted, wondering if Jemmy could actually hear him speaking about the discussed matter in his mind.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"It's true, we're limited on space but the level of immersion that we institute in each habitat is usually enough to satisfy each of our inhabitants. Larger habitats for a larger quantity of animal if you'll understand. Unfortunately for Vi, or Err, VI-R14. She is currently the only swift fox we have in house. There was supposed to transfer a few more today but... Ever since the debacle with the moon base and the incident with her escaping..." Kat let out a dry cough as they rounded a corner. "Anyways, here she is."

The woman directed them towards the left wall which was made of some sort of thick glass or transparent material. And inside was a breathtaking snapshot of the Colorado Great Plains. A house-sized portion of grassland with a few bits of large foliage here and there. They could see the foot tall grass sway in waves occasionally as something out of view simulated a sweeping breeze. The backdrop featured long rolling hills that seemed to go on forever. And in this landscape... The fox... Didn't seem to be around. Until...

"Oh hey, there you are." A figure that had been laying down against the glass, probably at their feet looked up at them with Amber eyes. Half of her desert-colored fur was pressed down against her by the glass, her breath fogging up the barrier around her face. "And..." She squinted as she looked through the faces of those with Kat. "What are they doing here?"
"Vi..."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"We decided to pay you a visit," Jemmy answered. "On our way to the Sanctuary, other locals joined the group. They have clearance, your safety is not at risk."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Roarin wrote:"Oh hey, there you are." A figure that had been laying down against the glass, probably at their feet looked up at them with Amber eyes. Half of her desert-colored fur was pressed down against her by the glass, her breath fogging up the barrier around her face. "And..." She squinted as she looked through the faces of those with Kat. "What are they doing here?"
James poked out from behind Jemmy, waving to the fox.

"Hi. I'm James."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good morning, Miss Viria. I do hope we're not an imposition. I am Kelly Doyle, Usher droid for the Doyle Theatre Group, and this is my colleague, Todd Doyle, stage hand for the same. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Jemmy and Master Avery speak highly of you."

"Hi."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil just stood back letting everyone else make their introductions, given the fox's reply to them being there and all, didn't seem like she would want to get all their attention.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James walked out form behind Jemmy.

"So, you're Vi? Nice name."
My characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"We decided to pay you a visit," Jemmy answered. "On our way to the Sanctuary, other locals joined the group. They have clearance, your safety is not at risk."
"Psssh, like I'm worried about my safety. As far as I can tell there's 'too' much security around here. Wouldn't kill them to loosen up now and then, yeah?" That last statement seemed to be directed at her handler, who just put her hands on her hips.
"I kid I kid of course." The fox stood up, brushing what dirt she had on her fur and crossing her arms over her chest as she squared away those gathered in front of her.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Good morning, Miss Viria. I do hope we're not an imposition. I am Kelly Doyle, Usher droid for the Doyle Theatre Group, and this is my colleague, Todd Doyle, stage hand for the same. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Jemmy and Master Avery speak highly of you."

"Hi."
The fox gives a curt nod to Kelly and Todd. "Heard about you guys, actually from your 'master' over there." Avery's ears flicked momentarily as he was addressed. "Next time I sneak out I'll be sure to catch a showing." She laughed softly. Kat just sighed.
Mickey wrote:James walked out form behind Jemmy.

"So, you're Vi? Nice name."
"Thanks, I think so too. Better than what the labrats... or I guess lab-humans offically call me." She scratched an itch behind one of her ears. "Buncha letters and numbers..."
"Aren't you being a bit harsh on the staff." Now it was the fox's turn to roll her eyes and mumble something about how they might be half-decent. "And since your friends are here now would you like to play with them?" Kat turns to the group. "We have an area where visitors can interact with the more well behaved or tamer inhabitants that functions much like a park. Since you guys all went through the decontamination process you don't have to worry about passing any illness to Viria, assuming you are all in good health."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Roarin wrote:The fox gives a curt nod to Kelly and Todd. "Heard about you guys, actually from your 'master' over there." Avery's ears flicked momentarily as he was addressed. "Next time I sneak out I'll be sure to catch a showing." She laughed softly. Kat just sighed.
Kelly's programming equips her for just this kind of banter. "Oh? Only good things, I hope. But you would be most welcome to attend. In fact, as part of our promotional activity for our opening week I am authorised to distribute free tickets for you to attend a showing of your choice. Shall I print you one for yourself and one for your keeper to take you so that you do not have to sneak out?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Roarin wrote:Thanks, I think so too. Better than what the labrats... or I guess lab-humans offically call me." She scratched an itch behind one of her ears. "Buncha letters and numbers..."
"Aren't you being a bit harsh on the staff." Now it was the fox's turn to roll her eyes and mumble something about how they might be half-decent. "And since your friends are here now would you like to play with them?" Kat turns to the group. "We have an area where visitors can interact with the more well behaved or tamer inhabitants that functions much like a park. Since you guys all went through the decontamination process you don't have to worry about passing any illness to Viria, assuming you are all in good health."
James nods and wonders what his name was before it was James.

Prolly numbers and letters too...

James nods eagerly to Kat, his tail picking up speed. He stays close to Jemmy though, knowing better than to just run off.
My characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"We'll talk about the possibility later. Maybe if I start seeing some consistent good behavior from you." The fox simply rolled her eyes and turned around as she walked into the tall grass. "I'll just meet you guys there." Her attitude only making the woman drown again. With a sigh Kat motioned for the pets to follow her down another corridor lined with see-through windows that looked into other habitats.
"Educating the public about the animals that lived on Earth is one of the important things we do here. Though the animals we do let people physically interact with are limited. The goal, by the end of this all is that we want to let these animals back out into the wild once a way to wipe the virus that's killing off all these beautiful species are gone. And human interaction, as nice as it is, makes it much more difficult for them to reintegrate into their natural habitat. The animals in here are usually from zoos and places where they've already been introduced to human society. And Vi... Well she originally wasn't supposed to be part of this group... But after her multiple escapades... It, turns out it's harder to take the city out of the fox than it is to take the fox out of the city, as cliche as that sounds."
As they walked they could see other animals in their own large habitats from the North America's region. Things as large as the American bison to small animals such as the black-tail jackrabbit, each habitat varying in size of course.

Ref Ref!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Ma'am. Do you have any jackals or something similar? I would love to see the animal I was modeled after!"

James began daydreaming about hanging out with real jackals.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil stood there for a moment taking in all that had happened between their interactions. He took up to following behind the group looking at all the species protected by this place. He wondered if any of them realized just how important they were in relation to everything.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Certainly. I shall look forward to discussing that with you." Kelly acquiesces graciously before following the lady down the hall.

Todd stops at one particular enclosure with a gravelly stream running through it as a funny looking animal clambers out onto the bank and shakes the water from his beaver-like tail before rubbing his duck-like bill with a webbed paw.
"Excuse me, ma'am. What manner of creature is this? He does not register in my facial database." he queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Curious enough," Jemmy said, observing the creature. "Ornithorhynchus anatinus, commonly known as Platypus. It should be located in the Australian sublevel. Provided that it should exist at all, as its species went extinct in the latest war. Cloning, ma'm?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"Curious enough," Jemmy said, observing the creature. "Ornithorhynchus anatinus, commonly known as Platypus. It should be located in the Australian sublevel. Provided that it should exist at all, as its species went extinct in the latest war. Cloning, ma'm?"
"Exactly. Though conservationists and scientists did their best to save them from the disease, with the major population being in such a concentrated area... Well when the outbreak hit Australia it was in the eariler stages of the war. People didn't know about it yet." There was a pause before the woman let out a soft cough and continued.
"Fortunately viable cells for cloning were saved and, I don't think I need to go into specifics but we've certainly come a long way from Dolly. They'll live a full life cycle, are able to reproduce and will hopefully one day. But enough about our strange friend here. We have another probably waiting for us."

Kat motioned for the group to follow her again and she led through and around another few hallways until they got to a double doored entrance. Above it was a simple sign that read "Interactive Park".
"Now before you go in I have to tell you guys some of the rules. Do not feed the Sanctuary animals outside food, they have their own diets they must stick to. Do not harm any animals. If any animal attempts to harm you please inform one of the handlers on duty and finally, if any animal tries to coarse into any sort of plan to escape the Sanctuary, please gently remind her that if she would like to attend the next showing at the theater, she best behave herself and settle with playing with her friends inside this area. Now without further ado."
With the swipe of a keycard the automatic doors open to reveal an open area probably half the size of the Apollo City Park. A painted sky was above them and turf grass under their feet. There a playground equipped with slides, swings, and a sandbox was at the far end of the park as well as a few benches littered here and there. Though most of the space was occupied by a large grassy area.
And in the middle, lying on her back was the young vixen, looking up at the ceiling. "Seems like she's waiting for you guys."

Ref Ref!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil looked around the place, still amazed by the vastness of the place. He still wondered about the animals in this place, but he supposed he would eventually get the answers to his questions. He still stuck to the rear of the group, taking his time to take it all in.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you." Todd follows the lady but is confused about her statement, taking it literally as robots do.
"Viria is a strange friend?" he queries. "This would appear to conflict with my pre-existing data on her. Please clarify."

Todd and Kelly both listen to the instructions.
"Understood." Kelly states as Todd nods and the two enter the area and look around.
"Again this has surpassed all expectations. I had anticipated something more akin to the visiting area in a correctional facility. This appears far more agreeable and appropriate though." Crossing to the vixen, Kelly stops at what she determines to be an unintimidating and c comfortable distance from the vixen and kneels in the turf with Todd standing behind her.
"Greetings, Viria. It is a pleasure to properly make your acquaintance at last." she smiles, offering a paw.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James put his skates away, walking stead. He had been advised not to skate on certain terrains. He wriggled his toes at the feeling of the grass and snorted in laughter a little. He looked at the vixen on the ground and decided to keep his distance until he was given an ok.
My characters!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Understood." Kelly states as Todd nods and the two enter the area and look around.
"Again this has surpassed all expectations. I had anticipated something more akin to the visiting area in a correctional facility. This appears far more agreeable and appropriate though." Crossing to the vixen, Kelly stops at what she determines to be an unintimidating and c comfortable distance from the vixen and kneels in the turf with Todd standing behind her.
"Greetings, Viria. It is a pleasure to properly make your acquaintance at last." she smiles, offering a paw.
"It is logic: a correctional facility would inflict a severe stress on the guests, thus opposite to its real purpose."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thank you." Todd follows the lady but is confused about her statement, taking it literally as robots do.
"Viria is a strange friend?" he queries. "This would appear to conflict with my pre-existing data on her. Please clarify."
"It's more of a personal opinion than anything." The woman chuckled softly. "Though it is true that Vi is the only current swift fox we have in our facilities right now. There was supposed to be a few more being transported over a few days ago but... ever since what happened on the Moon Base. So in a way she is unique, species-wise for now at least."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Understood." Kelly states as Todd nods and the two enter the area and look around.
Upon seeing the group walk over the vixen sat up, leaning back on her hands. As Kelly offered her paw the fox took it and shook whole-heartedly.
"Good, a handshake. The first time Avery came over he asked if I wanted to sniff-"
"I-I thought that's what ferals were accustomed to!" The canine retorts from the back, which gets a laugh from Vi.
"Hah! Well anyways, I guess it's nice to meet you too. You're one of those... robot pets right? I don't really get the chance to meet many of them around here."
valerio wrote:"It is logic: a correctional facility would inflict a severe stress on the guests, thus opposite to its real purpose."
"Compared to what's outside it's really not that great though... I wasn't out there for too long last time, but I think that park you guys have looks waaaay better than what's in here. Bigger too."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Processing... I understand. Thank you for the clarification." Todd bows to the lady before turning his attention to Kelly and the fox.

"I am an anidroid, correct, as is my colleague here, Todd. If you have any questions about us or about anidroids or, as you say, robot pets in general then please do not hesitate to ask as we will gladly answer. If I may say so, it is also unusual for us to meet organic animals who have not been affected by the virus. So it is an honour to make your acquaintance. Also, I promise not to sniff you. I do not have thee capability to draw air through my nostrils and I am well aware that handshakes and pawshakes are the preferred form of greeting in today's society hence the reason they are in my default settings." The droid listens to Viria's complaint before answering again with a question of her own.
"If it is not too personal a question, may I enquire as to whether or not you are content living in this facility and whether or not you feel improvements could be made to the amenities provided?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Processing... I understand. Thank you for the clarification." Todd bows to the lady before turning his attention to Kelly and the fox.
"Glad to hear." The woman raised an eyebrow as the droid went over to join the others. With the group greeting Viria the woman recalled a question that a certain android jackal asked that had gone unanswered in all the busyness. She approached James as she saw him at the edge of the group, apparently tickled by the sensation of the grass.
"Having fun over here?" Kat asked with a soft smile. "Sorry I didn't get to your question earlier. But just to clarify, we do actually have a few, though their in the African habitat's, on the other side of the Sanctuary."
Hlaoroo wrote:"I am an anidroid, correct, as is my colleague here, Todd. If you have any questions about us or about anidroids or, as you say, robot pets in general then please do not hesitate to ask as we will gladly answer. If I may say so, it is also unusual for us to meet organic animals who have not been affected by the virus. So it is an honour to make your acquaintance. Also, I promise not to sniff you. I do not have thee capability to draw air through my nostrils and I am well aware that handshakes and pawshakes are the preferred form of greeting in today's society hence the reason they are in my default settings." The droid listens to Viria's complaint before answering again with a question of her own.
"If it is not too personal a question, may I enquire as to whether or not you are content living in this facility and whether or not you feel improvements could be made to the amenities provided?"
If Kelly paid attention she'd notice the vixen's jaw clench after the droid mentioned not being affected by the virus, though her expression turned to annoyance as she was asked her opinion about the facilities. "It's horrible!" The fox groaned dramatically. "It's the same thing everyday. There's only the workers here to play with, and the food is bland." She flopped back onto the ground. "I wish they'd just let me be normal and walk around the city..."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly is programmed to pick up on the minutiae of emotions so she can make her guests more at ease so she does pick up on this expression from the fox.
"I do beg your pardon, Viria. That was a very poor selection of words on my part. I had intended to convey that it is not common for us to meet animals whom have not been infected by the virus. I am aware that the virus has had a huge impact on many creatures beyond those whom are or have been infected. I apologise sincerely for my error and for causing you any discomfort or upset. I shall scan my language circuits for errors to ensure this does not happen again." She takes a moment to process Viria's thoughts on the facility but before she can respond, Todd, surprisingly, beats her to it, having processed it already.

"Well perhaps we can visit more regularly to keep you entertained. I believe the food is kept bland to mimic a natural diet so you can be returned to the environment eventually. Perhaps if you convinced them you were unsuitable for being returned to the environment they may consider you a pet and provide more variety in your diet." Todd is careful to avoid mentioning any other liberties this plan may win Viria, following the instructions given to him to avoid giving her ideas for or helping her to escape.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Roarin wrote:"Glad to hear." The woman raised an eyebrow as the droid went over to join the others. With the group greeting Viria the woman recalled a question that a certain android jackal asked that had gone unanswered in all the busyness. She approached James as she saw him at the edge of the group, apparently tickled by the sensation of the grass.
"Having fun over here?" Kat asked with a soft smile. "Sorry I didn't get to your question earlier. But just to clarify, we do actually have a few, though their in the African habitat's, on the other side of the Sanctuary."
James smiled wide and stars would have appeared in his eyes, if possible.

"That's wonderful! I would ask if we could go visit, but I wouldn't want to just up and leave my friends like that. Such behavior is rude."
My characters!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Question," Jemmy asked the fox. "This facility is provided with VR simulators of latest generation. And your basic-diet food is integrated with live animals you are allowed to hunt so that you do not lose your hunting instincts. How could you appreciate more walking in an enclave that has nothing more to offer...in fact it has more social restrictions and less prey?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil smiled at Jame's statement of being rude, while also being surprised by the quick classification as being friends. Well, he was probably talking about the others, he began to take a very slow walk around the main group giving them a wide berth to continue to check out the surroundings and listen to the others at the same time.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James walked over to Viria, standing behind everyone else for his turn to greet the vixen. While he waited, he took the time to look around the facility. He sat down, crossed-legged, and began to play with the grass. His tail wagged a little behind him as he careful moved the blades back and forth with his index finger.
My characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly is programmed to pick up on the minutiae of emotions so she can make her guests more at ease so she does pick up on this expression from the fox.
"I do beg your pardon, Viria. That was a very poor selection of words on my part. I had intended to convey that it is not common for us to meet animals whom have not been infected by the virus. I am aware that the virus has had a huge impact on many creatures beyond those whom are or have been infected. I apologise sincerely for my error and for causing you any discomfort or upset. I shall scan my language circuits for errors to ensure this does not happen again." She takes a moment to process Viria's thoughts on the facility but before she can respond, Todd, surprisingly, beats her to it, having processed it already.

"Well perhaps we can visit more regularly to keep you entertained. I believe the food is kept bland to mimic a natural diet so you can be returned to the environment eventually. Perhaps if you convinced them you were unsuitable for being returned to the environment they may consider you a pet and provide more variety in your diet." Todd is careful to avoid mentioning any other liberties this plan may win Viria, following the instructions given to him to avoid giving her ideas for or helping her to escape.
The vixen simply shrugged after Kelly spoke, seeming to understand the mistake but reluctant to add anymore to the topic.
As for Todd...
"Maybe... Think if I went on a hunger strike it might stir up something?" She looked over at him quite slyly. She curled her tail over her lap and played with it idly. "After smelling and tasting human food it's hard to go back. And... You guys can visit more often. Only if you want to." She stammered slightly on the last past.
valerio wrote:"Question," Jemmy asked the fox. "This facility is provided with VR simulators of latest generation. And your basic-diet food is integrated with live animals you are allowed to hunt so that you do not lose your hunting instincts. How could you appreciate more walking in an enclave that has nothing more to offer...in fact it has more social restrictions and less prey?"
"It's not act of so much as where Jemmy." She retorts. "I mean, animals like Avery are still allowed to walk around outside. I don't see why I have to be holed up in here..."

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"It's not act of so much as where Jemmy." She retorts. "I mean, animals like Avery are still allowed to walk around outside. I don't see why I have to be holed up in here..."
"Objection: biological pets are allowed in Apollo City after meeting a strict bureaucratic procedure. You are part of a repopulation program vital for the mother planet's ecosystem. Any accident occurring to any of you can result in a major problem. And, after all, your residency here is not permanent. Soon you will be free to leave these premises and reproduce in your natural habitat."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"Objection: biological pets are allowed in Apollo City after meeting a strict bureaucratic procedure. You are part of a repopulation program vital for the mother planet's ecosystem. Any accident occurring to any of you can result in a major problem. And, after all, your residency here is not permanent. Soon you will be free to leave these premises and reproduce in your natural habitat."
"As fine and dandy as that all may look, isn't it my choice to decide what I want to do?" The vixen's tail twitched as her temper rose. "What if I don't want to go back to where I was before? What if I want to stay here, live here, in Apollo City?" She growled.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"As fine and dandy as that all may look, isn't it my choice to decide what I want to do?" The vixen's tail twitched as her temper rose. "What if I don't want to go back to where I was before? What if I want to stay here, live here, in Apollo City?" She growled.
Jemmy pondedered over that, his eyes fixed on nothing, looking as if not expecting such a reply. "Elaborating... Insufficient asnwer. The needs of Earth's native species prevail over the wishes of the single individuals. Projections indicated that safe domestication of ferals may occur within 15.3 years from today, given a continuous growth curve as programmed. Your wish can be respected according to one of the following: imminent death, terminal conditions, overall physical/genetical inadequacy." The genet anidroid smiled at the fox. "You are a most fine, healthy specimen: Does not that make you happy?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Roarin wrote:"As fine and dandy as that all may look, isn't it my choice to decide what I want to do?" The vixen's tail twitched as her temper rose. "What if I don't want to go back to where I was before? What if I want to stay here, live here, in Apollo City?" She growled.
The fox's temper rising made James look away from the interesting little blades of grass. He was made to be a friend and keep people happy and that meant everyone. James stood up and walked over to Vi, sitting cross legged next to her. He took her paws in his hand, cupping them between his own.

"Hey, hey, hey. There is no need to get upset. Breathe and calm down, then tell us what's on your mind."

James made sure to speak in a soothing, nonthreatening tone.
My characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jenny's smile and question made the vixen go silent, ears flattening as her tail went still...
"I know..." She said quietly a minute later. It was a dangerous quiet, with a slight tremble in her voice. The tone an animal would take if it were backed into a corner. "I know I know I know!" She spat out. "Don't you think I know that?" Her voice leveled back out again, hard eyes staring back at Jemmy's. They looked metallic and cold to her, at least at the moment.
"That's all I ever hear around here... 'Don't you know how lucky you are?' 'You're helping the whole planet by being here.' 'Generations from now you'll be a hero.'" She went quiet again for another minute as James sat next to her and held her hands. They felt tense, like the strings of a piano.
"And you know what's funny? Years ago, back when all of this didn't exist, when it was... Normal. I would have gladly done everything that was needed. It would have been my life. Living in the forest with my family and my friends and other foxes and animals. But you know what? It's not now... Suddenly it's like I owe it to the world, like somehow it was my fault." There was another few seconds pause before she spoke again.
"There was one time, when one of the caretakers was reassuring me with a remark from earlier ('You're so lucky!'). And... I jokingly asked him if he'd like to take my spot. 'You know I can't do that.' That's what he said. Like it wasn't even an option for him. Why wouldn't he? If I'm... So lucky..."
Another pause and a sigh.
"So no Jemmy. I'm not happy. I know what I have to do. And maybe I'm the most selfish fox in the world... But I don't know if I can be happy living a life that's for everyone else."
Viria ended with her drawing her hands away from James and hugging her knees. It didn't look like she had much else to say after that.

Ref Ref!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James scooted closer and wrapped his arm over Viria's shoulder. He didn't say anything, but he did rub her back softly and slowly. He tried to think of something to say, but he kept his muzzle closed and simply continued to rub her back.
My characters!