HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Let's try." agrees Bill. He presses some buttons on the side of the bed which make it move properly into a sitting position and then tilt forward. Once it's forward enough that Noah can easily slide off the end of the bed Bill moves the blankets off Noah and positions himself to support the dog.
"Slide yourself forwards carefully so that you're standing. Just take it slowly and lean on me and the bed for support. You might find you're more sore when the stitches have to start supporting more weight so don't rush and just take it easy and if it is too sore we can always give you a wheelchair for a few days. We'll send you home with painkillers and antibiotics though. So whenever you're ready you can try standing and if you can do that all right then you can try taking a few steps."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ooh, s-sorry, yes she did.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe giggled in spite of herself along with Dust. A deep sigh. "Right, let's go meet them." But when she scanned around the park, she didn't see neither Rosie nor the fox. "Wow, they're fast," she said, rubbing her sore eyes.
==================

"Come to think of it, I did assist in a few surgical operations on a few wild animals during the aftermath of the outbreak," John pondered. "Though my unit was specializing on pets and urbanized animals. Wonder if I'll get to meet any of them at the Sanctuary..."

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust looked around. "Yeah, where'd they go?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah slid off the bed and stood up. He took a couple steps to test how sore he was. I only feel a little bit sore. I think I could walk a couple miles.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No problem. So how do you wan to work this? Shall we do shifts or split the building and take half each or what?" Chrissy, only being a relatively new droid, has the programming but not the experience which she can see in Hinata so she determines to learn from the rabbit.

~~@@~~@@~~
"I suggest you try a few yards at first and work your way up to that. You'll probably find that you'll get more sore as you start to exercise and put strain on the muscles and stitches. Have a seat in the chair here." Bill leaves the room for a moment and returns with a sheaf of papers and a bag full of bandages and dressings.
"I think you'll be okay to start eating just before bed time tonight. Start with soft things only - and I mean really soft so you don't have to chew it. Things like ice cream, custard, yoghurt, fruit purée, mashed potatoes, all that type of thing; and start with small amounts and work your way up. If you feel abdominal discomfort then come back in and we'll check you over. I want you to stay on the soft food for at two days and then you can try to ease back onto your normal diet after that, again with small amounts and working your way up. We need to keep your gut active but not straining itself so it can heal." Bill then shows Noah the bandages and dressings and explains how to care for the wound and how to change the dressings. Since Noah is on a recliner, Bill tilts the chair back, pulls on some gloves and then changes the dressing, partly to show Noah how to do it and partly because it needed doing anyway. This allows Noah to see his wound for the first time. The long line of stitches extends almost all the way from the cypet's belly button to his sternum, stopping just an inch or so short of each anatomical landmark. After applying a fresh dressing, disposing of the rubbish and washing his hands, Bill picks up the paperwork.
"These pamphlets here are basically all I've just told you so they're there for you to have for reference. Of course if you have any questions, queries or concerns then come back in or give us a call. And this is the bill for Noah's stay here. You don't have to pay it all now - we can organise payment plans and all that type of thing with reception to make it easier for you. So, if you're happy with all that and if you've no other questions or concerns then I'm happy to let you both go."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus buzzed, "I can read the fox's tracking signal, if you would like." he paused, "Unless you feel that tapping video surveillance would be a better option"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe said, "You mean, like that wavelength harmonization--" The pause was palpable, as the cat pondered about what she just said "--thingy... that Dad does? I'm okay with it, as long as we can find them."

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm also fine with that." Dust said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"No..." Caeruleus shook his head, "The fox has a tracking chip that broadcasts its whereabouts."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Oh, so you can see where she is going? Neat!" Ashe smiled, the angst-ridden feline she was just a while ago seemed so unlikely. "Do your thing, Cae!"

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"It's nice to see you smile again." Dust said, happy that Ashe was happy again.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

What kind of mods do you have? I'd like to know before we make a game plan. Hinata replied.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Cool." The dog remarked. He was curious as well. It'd be interesting to see what animals survived the infection. Speaking of which(and to burn some time during the ride)...
"So, Orion, if you don't mind me asking." Avery quipped, turning to the cy-pet.
"What's your story? Were you raised on Earth or did you move here when you were young?"
-----------------------
Vi nodded.
"Okay, lead the way." The fox was still suspicious of the robot, even more so now she learned it could track her (dang chip...). But it seems, at least for now. Things are turning in her favor.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie nodded, then turned to speak to Caerulius.
Cae, can you go find-- she then saw that the droid was gone.
Okay, he already left. Right then, lets go. Rosie began walking down the road to the burger joint.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Don't strain my muscles, eat at bedtime, only eat soft stuff. Noah confirmed before realizing something. What do you mean by "bedtime?" Some people go to bed at 6, others at 12. Personally I go to bed at eleven, but I just want to be sure. While Noah got his response, James scanned the bill with his phone and sent it to his insurance company. Okay, I sent the bill to insurance, it should be payed in about a half hour.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're right, I should have been clearer about that. Any time after about ten PM should be fine. Thank you for that," Bill turns to James. "I'll keep an eye on that and if there's any problems we'll let you know.'

~~@@~~@@~~
"Taser, night-vision, and SET, or speed-enhancing technology. Plus I have standard cat accessories." she giggles, flashing her teeth and claws at Hinata.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata's eyes turn blue as she processes this information.
What kind of power do you run on, and what is the approximate time you have before it runs out? she asked.
---
Orion and co were getting close to the park now. Orion watched as they passed Rosie and the fox.
That one looked like the pink droid earlier. Orion remarked.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Huh?" John looked worried. He craned his head near the windows, and truly enough, the pink fox was there, with another fox. With everyone else missing from the scene. Including his daughter.

This worried him somewhat, because he was depending on the Ani-droid to look after her. "I hope she's okay..." he muttered again, which was again so unlike his usual calm demeanor.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion thought about Johns reaction for a moment before telling the driver to stop the car.
He then rolled down the window and shouted Hey, Rosie!
Rosie stopped and turned around.
Yes?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I wonder if Noah's okay. Gionni thought. She decided to go visit him. "Papa, can I go see if Noah is doing okay?" she asked Benito. "Sì, certo che puoi. Yes, of course you can." her father answered. Gionni hugged him. "Thanks Papa." she said. She popped out her roller blades and skated towards the hospital. Once she got there, she went inside and asked the receptionist where Noah Walker's room was.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah decides to check his mods and is shocked when they don't work. Uh, dad? He says to James with a panicked look on his face. Why aren't my mods working?

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, that. We'd better get Rock back up here before you go. We had to deactivate them because you were shooting at us while you were drugged. It's on video if you want to watch. It was also because if you activated the force field and something went wrong then we wouldn't be able to get to you and help you." Bill explains.

~~@@~~@@~~
"I have extended-life batteries on which I can run full power for twelve hours or in idle for twenty four hours. I also have a backup battery system to provide another ten hours of idle or five of full power action." answers Chrissy.

~~@@~~@@~~
"Noah Walker..." The reeption ist types at her console for a few moments.
"Looks like he's just checked out, sorry. He might still be in his room if you hurry though." The receptionist gives Gionni directions to the room and warns her not to get Noah too worked up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Gionni thanked the receptionist and left. She followed the directions to Noah's room. She knocked on the door. "Hello Noah. Are you feeling better?" Gionni said after they let her in.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus began to run off directions that should lead to the fox, "Bear in mind that our target is moving, so an exact ETA will be dififcult to ascertain."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery too was confused by the sight and watched from one of the windows of the limo.
"Don't worry Mr. Smith. I'm sure she's fine." The dog quipped optimistically. It was job to be positive at times like these.
"Besides, Dust and Caerulius are probably still with her." It was best to assume so anyways. His gaze floated from Rosie's to the fox's. No collar and she wasn't an ani-droid.
"Hmm..."
------------------------------------------
Vi flinched when some suddenly out to Rosie. She was even more surprised when the droid stopped.
"Hey ,wow, what's the holdup?" The fox asked, turning around herself. She crossed her arms, looking impatiently from the droid to the long vehicle.

Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Well, what're we waiting for? Let's go!" Dust said, heading off in Rosie's and Vi's direction.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

For once, Ashe didn't say anything, but followed suit just the same, chasing after Dust and Cae. She tried not to run though, knowing that she'd kill herself if she did so for an extended period of time, so she half-walked, half jogged behind the two.
================

"I sure hope so..." John replied, still a little worried. He knew Avery was just doing what he was trained for, but the man felt comforted nonetheless.

When the hover-limousine descended towards the unlikely pair on the ground though, he craned his neck and tried looking out the window. "Rosie, where's Ashe?!" he shouted from his seat, in an urgent but composed way.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ashe is back at the park with Dust. I have some business to take care of. Rosie answered.
Orion waved to the ani-droid.
Who's your friend? he asked.
That's Vi. I'm looking after her for now. What are you guys doing? Rosie asked.
---
Calculating... Alright, it looks like we'll each take half of the building. When you need to charge, I'll take over. Once your done, I'll need to replenish my coolant, but that won't take long. Does that sound like a plan? Hinata asked.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I was shooting at you?!? Noah asked in slight disbelief. Did I think you were mustachioed spider people? He turned when gionni came into the room. Hey gionni. How are you doing?

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Good I just wanted to check on you." Gionni said, smiling.
--------
Dust reached Vi and Rosie. He saw the two talking to Orion and the others. "Hello." Dust said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

After a little while, Ashe caught up with Dust, and in turn, Rosie and the fox! She was just about to say something when she noticed the limousine. "Hiya Dad!"

John heaved a sigh of relief when he finally saw the cat. "Ashe, are you alright? Did anything happen to you just now?"

"N-no, nothing happened. Everything's fine Daddy," Ashe lied. Although she knew that both of them were mentally linked somehow, she really didn't want to worry him anymore.

And the man knew this. "Really? Because I felt some pain in my body on our way here, and that could only mean that something happened to you just now."

"Dad, it's okay! I have everyone here to check on me if something goes wrong, so don't worry okay?"

"*sigh* Okay, if you say so, Ashe."
Last edited by kurowolfe on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You were on some pretty strong medications, I have no idea what you were thinking."

~~@@~~@@~~
"That hardly seems fair. You'll be doing far more work than me."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

W-well, I'm designed for longer periods of service. But, if that's unsatisfactory, we can switch to shifts. That way you can go as long as you can, and then I can go as long as your recharging. Hinata offered.
---
Well, now that your all here, Rosie turned to her group. Let's go inside, I'm quite low on energy.
Hey, we're going to the sanctuary, if you guys want to come! Orion offered.
((I'll let someone else react to this one.))
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Please take me with you." Caeruleus piped, "I require fuel as well."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery nodded in conjunction with what Orion said.
"Yeah, there's suppose to be some pretty cool animals there too." He quipped.
----------------------------------------------------
Okay, okay, keep cool... Vi thought to herself. As long she didn't do anything rash or get in the long car thing, everything was still fine. Her ears twitched when she heard others approach. Turning her head she saw...
Ack! That cat again!!! The fox took a few subconscious steps back.

Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe was clearly taken aback when the tan fox cowered away from her, but considering what she had done to her, it was a given. The cat knew that getting closer would just intimidate the fox more, so she stayed put.

"Hey," she started saying, trying to sound as friendly as possible. "I'm sorry for jumping on you just now and saying all those things, I get riled and lose control very easily." She gulped, hating to admit that new fact about herself. "But we do mean it when we say we will help you."

When she heard almost everyone wanting to go to the Sanctuary however, she felt uncomfortable. If everyone went along, then the fox would almost certainly be sent back to her 'prison'. But in the face of her Dad and peer pressure, she was scared of saying anything against them. She needed to ask the fox something first.

Lowering her voice as low as possible so that everyone except the fox could hear her, Ashe asked, "Why do you want to escape from the Sanctuary... err... I never got your name."

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sorry, but I need to stay with my friend in the vicinity. Cae, who exactly are you asking to stay with? Rosie asked.
Thats okay, you guys can stay here if you want. Orion replied. Besides, I don't have a charger for you, Cae.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm pretty sure he was asking if he could come with us." Dust told Rosie.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I was." Caeruleus nodded, "It looks like I can access a store of credit if that is necessary too." he added off-handedly