Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Redwall

Post by Jacey »

Calder put his paw to his face, the interuptions were irritating at best. He was letting his emotions for her show and they kept being missed. He followed in silence until they just left the doorway to the hall they were walking down, he decided to try one last time. This time making sure she got the point with little interruption this time. "Brum wait." he said, stopping her and turning her gently towards him. "What I was trying to say and explain back there was... well..." he just had to loose the words he wanted now didn't he? He hesitated for a brief moment before quickly kissing her cheek, "I was trying to say that I liked you more than just a friend. I am starting to fall in love...with you" He raised his voice just a little bit at the last part before letting go, lowering his head and his tail covered his face in shame. Sure that he just made the biggest mistake ever.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I... I... Gosh..." Brum flops her tail over her face, her mind reeling. "Gosh... I... Calder, I... I mean... I really like you too... But... Can... Gosh... There's so much happening right now, so much to think about... Can... Can I take some time to think and get back to you on that, please?" the squirrel stammers, blushing.

==========
"All right. Good lad." Brock straightens and leads Rhys back to the Great Hall where he joins the small group at the cart.
"As you surmised, Rhys, this is the group you'll be travelling with... Well, most of them. I'm sorry, I don't know all your names yet. Everyone, this is Corporal Rhys Grenbrier who'll be accompanying you on your trip. I'll give him a properr introduction when everyone is assembled."

==========
"That Oi did... She were... Oh, thurr she be naow. Oi think she's a mite busy though, hurr hurr." the mole giggles, watching Brum and Calder.

==========
"I hear you're single-pawedly going to save our crops. Redwall will be indebted to you." smiles the mouse as she shakes Aldryd's paw just as firmly. "Oh, Rudy, you left your hat on the table."
"Oh, whoops. Than- yipe! Thanks!" Rudy grins, straightening the straw hat that Muriel has just plonked onto his head, perhaps slightly more firmly than was necessary.
"So how did you come to know so much about gardening, Aldryd?"

==========
"Heh, that's okay then. I guess you must have some stories to tell if you can talk that long, huh, Marko?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain swung himself down off the cart as the Marcher Lord arrived and dusted imaginary dirt off his new trousers before looking up at the new arrival. A Squirrel in the patrol? Unusual judging by the number of Hares. AND he held rank over some of them. Impressive. And that first name..? "Bore Da, gorfforol Grenbrier," he said in Marcher, "Fy enw i yw
Owain Ap Daffyd, saer olwynion, cleddyfbwystfil a theithwyr.
"
"Huh," Peter said, pricking up his ears.

*Good Morning, Corporal Grenbrier. My name is Owain Ap Daffyd, wheelwright, swordsbeast and traveller.*
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

As Brock introduced Rhys, he lightly clenched his left paw and brought it up to his chest in a quick but cordial salute, before dropping his arm again. To his mild disappointment, his fellow squirrels had wandered off somewhere, but he supposed he'd have plenty of time to talk to one, the other or both during their travels. The rest, more or less, seemed to be here. "A pleasure to meet you."

His attention was quickly drawn to Owain, however. The Marcher mouse's lilting language stoked distant memories, though he could not understand the speech itself. "That tongue... you sound like some of the village elders from when I was a wee one." A slight smile crossed his face. "Forgive me if I disappoint you, but I've made my home at the mountain for too long. I know not what you said. Still, it's an honor." This last remark was not insincere - after all, given what Brock said, it would largely be up to Rhys and him if things came to combat. Taking a closer look for the first time, Rhys could more clearly see the scar under Owain's left eye, among other things. The mouse may not have been stout - though what mouse was? - but nonetheless Rhys could feel a sense of inner strength in him.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh, that's okay then. I guess you must have some stories to tell if you can talk that long, huh, Marko?"
"Aye, I do," replied Marko. "Many stories. Some even concerning 'dis very abbey! It 'vas one of 'de reason I 'vanted to come her."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"S'r'y," Owain said, hardly missing a beat, "jus' checkin'. Were sayin' I'm a Wheel-wright an' trav'll'r," he added, leaving out the swordsbeast part this time. He seemed capable, this Squirrel. He had to be, Owain supposed. Good pound per inch power on the shake, a steel glint on the eye with the eyelid shape showing a glint of humour and an appreciation of the task. Without looking down, Owain could tell that, if it came to it, he'd be better off confronting this Squirrel than running. He wouldn't be able to outpace him. He'd fought enough Squirrels - well, one or two - to know they instinctively lowered their stance to protect their back legs. It helped. All knowledge did. Not that he ever wanted to fight this Squirrel. "Welc'm' t' th' exp'dition! Brum'n Cald'r'll be back shortly an' we'll 'ead off."
"It sounded like someone continually blowing their nose," Peter said, unaware he'd said it aloud.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"oh I see. thank you so much. Although I guess I shouldn't interfere right now" Sara said , watching her friends from afar.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor was walking about redwall again when he spotted Lady sara and hid. he spyed her from afar with a blush on his face. Then decided to move on, James spotted this action then decided to go see Sara and tease them both on the subject.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd's grin was wide enough to show off his spear-like fangs

"Aye, it's just a favor Muriel, what's right." he said, blushing faintly at the compliment, "I am a farmer myself, after all, been one all my life. So, I learned some things in my time."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:Trevor was walking about redwall again when he spotted Lady sara and hid. he spyed her from afar with a blush on his face. Then decided to move on, James spotted this action then decided to go see Sara and tease them both on the subject.
While she was watching Brum and Calder , Sara noticed an unfamiliar face heading toward her direction , but paid him not too much attention , since she didn't know if he was approaching her to just a passer-by .
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"I'm sorry, I got carried away and this was a bad time, again I am sorry." Calder said in a quiet tone that only Brum would be able hear, "Lets go back to the group then..." He picked up the sack, lowered his ears and remained quiet, feeling embarrassed and foolish.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Um... Sorry. You just surprised me, that's all. I just... Need some time to think. Sorry." Brum awkwardly follows Calder back to the group.
"And here they are now. Rhys, this is Brumble Oakbrush and Calder, librarian/recorder and smith of Redwallrespectively. Brumble and Calder, this is Corporal Rhys Greenbrier. He's a fine member of the Long Patrol and he'll be accompanying you on this trip. Heed his advice and he'll keep you safe." As the badger speaks, the abbess arrives.
"Has everyone arrived, Brock?"
"Yes, Edlyn. Abbess Edlyn, this is Corporal Rhys Greenbrier. He's the Long Patrol soldier I'm sending with this party. I've a feeling he'll be less conspicuous than a hare. Rhys, this is Edlyn, Mother Abbess of Redwall Abbey."
"It's a pleasure, Rhys." the old mouse smiles, offering a dainty paw to the squirrel. "I trust you'll bring my friends home safely."

==========
"Well, I'm very glad you're able to help us out now. Rudy could stand to learn a thing or two about gardening still. His beans are a little stringy this season."
"Oi!" Rudy laughs, wagging a finger at his sister. "Perhaps you could teach Muriel a thing or two about manners while you're here too. Goodness knows that's more than our poor old mother could manage, may she rest in peace." It's obvious from Rudy's tone and the grins on both his and his sister's face that the pair are just teasing each other and that they love each other as much as only siblings can.

==========
"Hurr, well it luks loike she'm be free naow, marm. Oi best be abowt moi business. Best o' luck wi' yers." With another nose tug, the mole picks up his basket and trundles towards the door leading to the bright sunshine outside.

==========
"Wonderful! I do love stories! You must share some at some stage! So... Is there anything in particular you wanted to know about our abbey or anything you wanted to see while you're here? I'd be more than happy to give you a tour and share all I know."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:
"Wonderful! I do love stories! You must share some at some stage! So... Is there anything in particular you wanted to know about our abbey or anything you wanted to see while you're here? I'd be more than happy to give you a tour and share all I know."
"'Vell, 'vy don't you giving me a tour around 'de place 'vile I telling you one of the stories I knowing about 'dis abbey," suggested Marko. He downed his goblet with a big gulp and then followed up with, "How does 'dat sounding to you?"

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor soon interupted James's approach embarressed that he was so curious about Lady sara, he shot Sara a glance and smiled wamrly then waved to her before walking off with the weasel behind him.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain turned to the cart as he saw the Abbess approaching and took the cup in hand to offer it to the lady after she had finished talking to Rhys. He noted the look on Brum's face - and, indeed, the look on Calder's - and resolved to ask about it later.

"Thin' this need's t' stay yere," Owain said after the Abbess and the soldier Squirrel had greeted each other. He offered her the cup properly but couldn't resist a smile as he continued. "af'r all, it's been ar goll... missin' a long time. Would'n be right t' take it away 'gain af'er it jus' got 'ome, would it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Calder changed his countanence as he greeted the red squirrel, shaking his paw. "An honor to meet you sir, I will do my best to follow your instructions. I would like to not die on this little trip, so don't expect me to be of to much trouble, no sir. though I do get distracted from time to time, just remind me of tasks when that happens." he smiled and stepped back besides Brum. He noticed Owains inquisitive look, but tried to not make a deal out of how the mouse was staring at him. probably nothing.
RP Characters:
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

As the Abbess made her entrance, Rhys gave an involuntary gulp. It was starting to weigh on him - the responsibility he'd been given. Still, outwardly he remained as calm and collected as he could. As Edlyn addressed him and extended her paw, Rhys removed his cap with one paw while gently grasping the Abbess' in the other. Bowing, he brought his head down and softly planted a kiss on the elderly mouse's paw, trying to best remember the Major's admonitions about manners and respect. "Please, Abbess, the honor is all mine. I would gladly give life and limb to bring them all home safe." After a brief beat, he realized the seriousness of what he'd just said, and in attempt to diffuse any awkwardness, gave a quick smile and letting the Abbess' paw go, brought his empty paw behind his head, sheepishly. "Buuuut hopefully it won't come to that."

Turning to the new arrivals, his attention was first brought to Calder. Cap still in one paw, he used the other to shake his fellow squirrel's with a loose grip. Being addressed as 'sir' was new, especially from someone who didn't look to be much younger than he himself was - if at all. He was still relatively low on the totem pole as far as rank went within the patrol. He supposed if he intended to advance, he'd have to get used it, but for the time being, it was an oddity. "Heh. I'm a corporal, not a commander, Calder. Just... be careful."

Finally, he turned to Brum. There was a distinct sense of discomfort about her. Was she stressed about what the journey might entail? He couldn't be sure, but felt obliged to try and assuage her concerns. As he had with the Abbess, he grasped the squirrel's paw lightly, bowed and kissed it gently. Looking back up at her, he gave his most sincere and honest smile. "Good day, Miss Oakbrush. May the road ahead be peaceful."
Last edited by CosmicCoyote on Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
RP chars:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd sighed through his happy grin, remembering his life as a child living with his brothers

"Surely his crop can't be all bad, can it? Rudy is the head gardener here, isn't that right?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Hurr, well it luks loike she'm be free naow, marm. Oi best be abowt moi business. Best o' luck wi' yers." With another nose tug, the mole picks up his basket and trundles towards the door leading to the bright sunshine outside.
"Thank you very much" Sara called after the mole as he left , leaving her behind. She gave Trevor a smile and a wave back as he too left. Brums , Owain , and Calder are seemed to be discussing something now, and so Sara didn't know if she should interrupt them.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yes, I am. But only because there was no one else silly enough to take the job." Rudy jokes.
"Heh. Don't mind us, Aldryd. We tease each other a lot but we're as close as two siblings can be. Rudy's crops are quite good, really. You should try his peas! They're the talk of the countryside! Say, do you have family, Aldryd?"

==========
Seeing the gulp, Brock pats Rhys' back gently, trying to give him comfort.
"Yes. I do hope it won't. With any luck you'll all be back as heroes and enjoying our hospitality within in a week."

"Hi, Corporal. It's a pleasure. May the spirit of Martin watch over you." Brum replies stiffly, still somewhat distracted.

"Thank you, Owain. It would indeed be a shame to lose it so soon. I'm confident though that you'd bring it back safely were you to borrow it." Edlyn takes the cup reverently from the mouse and passes it to Brock to hold while she removes the sword of Martin the Warrior from its hook on the wall. Gripping the black hilt the abbess draws the keen blade from its scabbard and it gleams as bright as it did the day it was forged from the hard metal of the meteorite which landed on the beach near Salamandastron so many generations ago. She holds up the perfectly balanced weapon so that the red pommel-stone catches the light and the inscription "I AM THAT IS" can be read near the base of the blade between the three quarter blood channels and the simple crossguard.
"There are those who say this sword has power. Certainly it has seen many battles throughout the years and been wielded by a great many heroic creatures not the least of whom was our founder, Martin the Warrior, who defeated Badrang the Tyrant and Tsarmina the Wildcat and freed slaves from both of those vermin. The sword is not magical though. It is only as good or evil as its master." Lowering the sword, Edlyn sheaths it again and offers it to Owain pommel-first along with the belt on which it hangs.
"Use it well, Owain, and do not be tempted to take advantage of it. Fate has always had a way of repaying those who would turn the sword to their own selfish purposes as many vermin have discovered to their chagrin. Go well, with my blessing. We shall all be awaiting your safe return."

==========
"That would be lovely!" Viv exclaims, clapping her paws. "There's no rush though. Do sate your hunger and quench your thirst first. Would you like more juice or some bread?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley and Fleta continued to enjoy the pleasantry of the court yard area, sitting together still with the supplies they had gotten for the group still around them. Fleta looked at Bradley, but didn't say anything. This place was perfect, and it seemed neither of them would have to compromise much. After this little adventure got underway they would know they would have a place to return to and rest.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain bowed properly this time before accepting the sword. "'M hon'r'd, M'lady," Owain said, "Should say I 'ave no 'tention've usin' th' sword. It'll only be drawn when need'd." He felt the strength of the fine blade, even through the scabbard, as he tied it around his waist.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "That would be lovely!" Viv exclaims, clapping her paws. "There's no rush though. Do sate your hunger and quench your thirst first. Would you like more juice or some bread?"
"Some more juice please, replied Marko. "And I do not 'dink I 'vill be eating much longer. I was graced with a strong body but surprisingly small stomach." He chuckled.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Perhaps I could take some of the peas' stock once they are ready, to grow in my own field." Aldryd said jokingly, chuckling a deep rumble.

"Yes, I have four brothers, and I was the strongest of all of them!" Aldryd grinned, flexing an arm, "Not the smartest though, that was my brother Aster, he was the only one of us the could read back then"

The big otter thought back a ways and spoke again, "Come to think of it, I haven't heard from Aster for a long time, nor Merril, nor Maple..." His tail swept around, "We couldn't be separated when we were younger, I wonder what happened to them."
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Brum's tone and reply did little to qualm Rhys' concerns. Much as he would like to discern the problem behind the squirrel's worries, though, his attention is quickly drawn away.

The Sword of Martin. He'd glanced at the sword hanging on the wall, but in his head there had been some doubt whether it had truly been the weapon - it seemed to be impossible that he be this close to the legendary blade. Surely such a treasure was locked under key in some vault further in the abbey. But as the blade emerged from the scabbard, there could be no further doubt in his mind. There was something about the sword, in the shimmering of its steel, that betrayed its glorious heritage, even with its humble origins and design. The Abbess, even though she had seen many a season, seemed to radiate with inner strength holding the blade in hand. He hadn't seriously considered the thought that the weapon might travel with them on the journey. Now, it was just an arm's length away from him. Memories mixed with dreams in Rhys' mind. How many twigs and branches in his youth had he taken into paw and dubbed 'the Sword of Martin', and driven back the villainous and dastardly foes brewed by his childhood imagination? To think that he would have a chance to one day wield that blade... his pulse quickened, his eyes widened.

And then the Abbess passed the sword to Owain.

It took him every ounce of his will, but his face remained as stoic as a soldier's should. His heart, however, remained utterly crestfallen. Short-lived though the dream had been, it's grip on him had been as sure-pawed as a squirrel climbing up a tree. Something in his head told him that he should congratulate Owain, to tell him to live up to the legends. But envy and disappointment stilled his tongue, and the squirrel uttered not a single word.
Last edited by CosmicCoyote on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP chars:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After a moment of observing, and realized that it seemed Brum and Owain were going to go somewhere, Sara decided that at least she should say hello to them before that. So, taking a deep breathe, the vixen shyly approached her friends, thinking she would call to them when she gets a bit closer as to not disturb anyone else.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It was near enough time to move out, Owain supposed. Everyone was ready, it seemed, and it was likely he was one of the ones in charge. There were people needing him. He shuffled over to Rhys and spoke quietly into the Squirrel's ear. "We're th' fight'rs, Rhys," he said, "Out've all've 'em, we know most what c'n go wrong. 'S' our job t'protect them. If'n I fall, it pass's t'you, Rhys bach coz WE stand t'geth'r, yes? F'r all their sakes." He spoke again as he saw a friendly verin face approach. "Bore Dda, Serafina!" He called happily.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:It was near enough time to move out, Owain supposed. Everyone was ready, it seemed, and it was likely he was one of the ones in charge. There were people needing him. He shuffled over to Rhys and spoke quietly into the Squirrel's ear. "We're th' fight'rs, Rhys," he said, "Out've all've 'em, we know most what c'n go wrong. 'S' our job t'protect them. If'n I fall, it pass's t'you, Rhys bach coz WE stand t'geth'r, yes? F'r all their sakes." He spoke again as he saw a friendly verin face approach. "Bore Dda, Serafina!" He called happily.
The mouse's whispers remind the squirrel once again of the solemnity of his duty, breaking the sword's spell on him. Rhys can't help but chide himself for falling for letting such childish ambitions get a hold of him. It was after all, just a sword. Even if it was a sword of legends, held by countless heroes, instrumental in innumerable battles, the only one of its kind in all the world... he caught himself getting sidetracked again. Telling himself to focus, he replies to Owain in a quiet voice.

"Aye, it's on us to keep them safe. 'til we return here once more, I'll have your back." Though he did not want to show it, Owain's frank discussion on what he should do should the mouse fall disquieted him a bit. He may have wanted to wield the sword, but had no desire to inherit it like that. But hesitantly, he made his own request. "And if it comes to it, would you find a hare named Bianca among the garrison here and ask her to..." he stops suddenly mid-sentence, and can't help himself from shaking his head, as if to ward away the thought. Yes, as a soldier he should always be prepared for it, but some superstitious part of him felt it ill luck to mention something like that before a mission. "Nevermind. Let's just get through this."
RP chars:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:It was near enough time to move out, Owain supposed. Everyone was ready, it seemed, and it was likely he was one of the ones in charge. There were people needing him. He shuffled over to Rhys and spoke quietly into the Squirrel's ear. "We're th' fight'rs, Rhys," he said, "Out've all've 'em, we know most what c'n go wrong. 'S' our job t'protect them. If'n I fall, it pass's t'you, Rhys bach coz WE stand t'geth'r, yes? F'r all their sakes." He spoke again as he saw a friendly verin face approach. "Bore Dda, Serafina!" He called happily.
"good day to you, sir Owain, and you as well sir" Sara greeted , giving both Rhys and Owain a small bow "it's nice to meet you again. But it seems everyone's going somewhere ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain put a hand on Rhys' arm. "R'lax," he said quietly, "This'un's peacef'l." He rose his voice to talking level. "Oh," he told Sarafina, "Jus' trav'llin' t' Appleford. Prob'ly be borin' bu' I'll not stop you if'n y' wat t' come, eh, Brum?" He looked at the lovely female Squirrel and smiled.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Rhys gave his acknowledgment of Sara with a small, polite nod of his head, recognizing the fox from observing her back at the gate. A seed of distrust still lay rumbling in his gut, despite Owain's gesture, but she was a guest of Redwall and he did not want to seem discourteous. Especially in front of Lord Brock. Besides, she seemed nice enough introducing herself, and even he had to admit that she had yet to do anything that would remotely arouse suspicion. So with a soft smile, he returned her introduction. "Rhys, milady."

Owain's open-pawed offer was a different matter, however. He said nothing so as not to disrespect to the snow-white fox, but their group was already of an unwieldy size, and adding to it was unlikely to help matters. Then again, on the other paw... they were already a large enough questing party that one more was unlikely to tip the balance in any relevant fashion. He turned instead to look towards Brock and Edlyn, deciding it best to defer to their judgment on any new additions to the Appleford expedition - if the fox was even interested.
RP chars:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Owain put a hand on Rhys' arm. "R'lax," he said quietly, "This'un's peacef'l." He rose his voice to talking level. "Oh," he told Sarafina, "Jus' trav'llin' t' Appleford. Prob'ly be borin' bu' I'll not stop you if'n y' wat t' come, eh, Brum?" He looked at the lovely female Squirrel and smiled.
"nice to meet you , sir Rhys" Sara smiled , then turned back to Owain
"Thank you, but......I don't know where Appleford is , and..... I'm not sure I'm ready to travel again yet" the vixen replied shyly , remembering being chased away from her home , out there........
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Calder had stayed quiet, letting important business take place, he noticed how Owain Smiled at Brum. It reminded him at his stupid attempt and poor timing, she probably wouldn't talk to him again. Was there even a point in joining? Would going with them now just make things worse for her?
Wait, they were leaving now, he couldn't make a scene, he needed to focus. "I am ready when you all are" He lifted his share of supplies, waiting to follow the leader.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Absolutely! We'd be glad to give you some!" Rudy enthuses. "Hmm. Perhaps the creatures here at Redwall could help track them down for you? We see a lot of travellers and get a lot of news here. Would you like that?"

==========
Viv happily provides the requested beverage, seating herself beside the badger-fox again. "Shh! Don't say that when there's hares around!" the vole giggles. "They'll take it as an invitation to finish your food for you! Heehee! So... What would you like to see first on the tour?"

==========
Edlyn smiles sagely at the mouse. "I would expect no less." She listens to Sara's introduction and the vixen's inclination to remain at Redwall.
"All creatures are free to come and go as they please. Should you wish to leave we will not stop you, Sara." Edlyn says gently. "However, I must agree with your wisdom in choosing to remain here a while longer. I too am not sure you're ready to make such a journey so soon and I feel it may be best to determine why you arrived at our abbey as you did before leaving again, in case there are creatures out there who may wish you harm. I do not think you could survive a second attack such as the first. However, it is your choice, and, should you wish to accompany them, that of Rhys and Owain as they are in charge of this expedition."
Brock stays silent but nods in agreement.

Meanwhile, Brum has busied herself sorting the supplies. She's pulled out several unneeded items that Peter had collected in his enthusiasm and piles them on a table, and then rearranges the cart so that the supplies are stable and evenly distributed, and so that the rations are not damaged.
"There. I think we're ready too, Calder, when the Abbess finishes talking to our leaders." Her previous distraction seems to have dissipated, although deep inside she knows she'll have to make a decision sooner rather than later.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Viv happily provides the requested beverage, seating herself beside the badger-fox again. "Shh! Don't say that when there's hares around!" the vole giggles. "They'll take it as an invitation to finish your food for you! Heehee! So... What would you like to see first on the tour?"
Marko thought for a minute before saying, "'Vell I am given to understand that 'de bell tower here has a lot of history, so perhaps there."

CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

There was still a certain strangeness, as there had been when Calder had called him commander, when Edlyn had called him a 'leader.' He was still getting comfortable with that. Still, knowing the responsibility that gave him, Rhys felt compelled to make his own viewpoint clear on the matter. "Madame Sara, if you don't feel fully comfortable with making the journey, please, I ask you, stay here, where it's safe." He opened up his paws in a concerned gesture. He didn't know the circumstances, having only just arrived, but having heard Edlyn speak of an attack, he found himself having grown sympathetic to the fox's plight, at a pace that even surprised himself, considering his taste for foxes. "The more that travel, the more likely that we'll gather attention, not all of it good. And we already have a small troupe as it stands. I have confidence in our capabilities should something happen, but... I would rather avoid the trouble altogether. I hope you understand." A soft shimmer in the squirrel's eyes showed the sincerity of his intentions.
RP chars:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Absolutely! We'd be glad to give you some!" Rudy enthuses. "Hmm. Perhaps the creatures here at Redwall could help track them down for you? We see a lot of travelers and get a lot of news here. Would you like that?"
Aldry'd's eyes lit up, "Oh I would love that!" he beamed

"I would love more than anything to see my brothers again! I would have written a letter to him myself, but..." He shrugged sheepishly, "I still cannot read."

Aldryd's tone changed slightly, but still was jovial

"Aster tried to teach me back then, but I could never get it, it was like a puzzle. It still is. Pictures have been useful enough for me so far, but I regret not having tried harder now..."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

CosmicCoyote wrote:There was still a certain strangeness, as there had been when Calder had called him commander, when Edlyn had called him a 'leader.' He was still getting comfortable with that. Still, knowing the responsibility that gave him, Rhys felt compelled to make his own viewpoint clear on the matter. "Madame Sara, if you don't feel fully comfortable with making the journey, please, I ask you, stay here, where it's safe." He opened up his paws in a concerned gesture. He didn't know the circumstances, having only just arrived, but having heard Edlyn speak of an attack, he found himself having grown sympathetic to the fox's plight, at a pace that even surprised himself, considering his taste for foxes. "The more that travel, the more likely that we'll gather attention, not all of it good. And we already have a small troupe as it stands. I have confidence in our capabilities should something happen, but... I would rather avoid the trouble altogether. I hope you understand." A soft shimmer in the squirrel's eyes showed the sincerity of his intentions.
"Yes I understand" Sara nodded gently "I wish you all the best on your journey then, please come back safely"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We'll b' sure've it, Sara," Owain said, moving around to the handles. "Ymlaen , anifail!" He pointed forward and began moving the cart towards the gate.

((Onwards, beasts/animals!))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley and Fleta continued to sit and watch the sky as the time had gone on, not worrying about a thing, which was pretty great. This was a place that they could enjoy, though sitting alone together, quietly waiting for their companions to come out from getting the rest of the supplies, was peaceful. Something not odd, just a little different from the type of peaceful that comes from elsewhere.

Waiting was something that they were not used to either, Bradley was always a go type creature while Fleta always followed along. They both stood when they were sure their companions were coming back to get going.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.