SRP - Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: SRP - Terra Ridge

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:Scraps/Nadia/Robin: As they continued along the side of the wall it seemed to stretch on forever... Until! The warm glow of light radiated somewhere nearby. A house? No... It was coming from the direction of the wall... A cave? A couple meters ahead of them a natural hole seemed to have been carved out of the wall and a bright glow seemed to stem from it accompanied by the smell of smoke.
Scraps stopped and put an arm out to stop Robin. "Hold up a sec. I think there's someone over there, there's some kind of light coming out of that cave. I don't know if we can afford not to check it out, what do you guys think?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"I'll go ahead and check , you guys stay behind me" Nadia said , letting go of Robin's paw and walk silently toward the light
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps stayed about half a step behind, making sure Robin was following.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin sighed a bit as Scraps stopped him. "Well, what is it?" he asked, staying beside Scraps.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Aliah: As the two crept towards the fireplace and out of the woods they spotted shadowy figures approaching the cave a well. There were three, each blurry silhouettes against the large and giant wall.

Nadia: When Nadia peeks into the corner she does indeed spot a campfire. It was a bit smaller than your average fire, probably enough to keep a body or two warm in the cold darkness of...wherever they were... The drip drop of water could be heard and a few trickles dropped from the stalactites on the ceiling into small pools against the walls of the cave. A lone figure sat huddled near the fire, a small satchel sat next to it.

Robin: Lagging behind Robin was able to notice two figures appear out of the darkness to his right.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin sniffed around and smelled the two figures to his right. He reached over and began poking them, trying to get a feel of what their body shape and size was. "Hello. Who are you two?"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Flynn jumped a little before turning to see who poked him. "People who know not to randomly go around poking people you don't know," He replied. "Who are you?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm Robin. And if you looked hard enough you'd know I can't see you. I was just trying to get an image in my mind of what you looked like." Robin said, annoyed.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Congratulations, you've upgraded from poking strange cats to poking strange things you can't even see," Flynn said sarcastically. "Guess you aren't a fan of horror movies, huh? Well since you don't seem like a threat, I guess I can ask you if you happen to know where we are? I'm Flynn, by the way."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Well, excuse me princess. Nope, I have no idea where we are. And by the way, you smell terrible." Robin said, sniffing Flynn.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"hm....." Nadia muttered , then after a moment , readied her spear , and slowly approached the figure "Excuse me ?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Congratulations, you've upgraded from poking strange cats to poking strange things you can't even see," Flynn said sarcastically. "Guess you aren't a fan of horror movies, huh? Well since you don't seem like a threat, I guess I can ask you if you happen to know where we are? I'm Flynn, by the way."
serence ice fox wrote:"hm....." Nadia muttered , then after a moment , readied her spear , and slowly approached the figure "Excuse me ?"
Scraps stepped between Flynn and Robin speaking low enough that the figure in the cave couldn't hear (he hoped), "Guys, let's wait a second on introductions. There's still that , he motioned towards te shadowy figure in the cave, "and we should probably see who it is before we do anything else." With that he moved in towards the figure, keeping a step or two behind Nadia.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Everyone: The whirled around and in the flickering light of the fire one could clearly see the figure was a feline, a calico cat to be specific. Her fur was mostly white with splotches of black and orange over parts here and there, a noticeable circle of orange fur was around her left eye, which gleamed bright green. Around her neck was a black collar, a tag in the shape of a musical note hung from it. "Who are you? What are you doing here?!" She hissed, sounding quite menacing, though what made it more of a threat was the makeshift slingshot she had in her paws, already pulled back with a sharp looking rock loaded.

Flynn: That feeling if déjà vu swept over the cat again. Stronger, but quickly passing. Didn't this happen before? No... Not like this...?

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn did not like this strange feeling, but he chose to ignore it. "No need to get violent," he said to the female. "we're... at least me and Aliah here... are just helpless ship wreck victims. We don't want any trouble, just a warm place to stay."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps stood his ground and didn't relax his posture. He tried to remain as calm as possible but his fur was standing on end and he was unconciously preparing to jump the stranger if she let fly with the sling shot. Still he tried to calm the situation down, he spoke as calmly and flatly as possible, "We didn't mean to scare you. We're just lost and kinda scared. Let's all just lower the pointy objects and chill for a sec ok? "
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"what these guys said" Nadia nodded , slowly lowered her spear , her eyes however still not move away from the stranger
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin, feeling it was the best thing to do, walked up to the stranger and sniffed her, not realizing she had a weapon.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Everyone:
Flynn - Diceroll: 2+6 = 8 Salvageable Mistake
Scraps - Diceroll: 11+1 = 12 Minimally Successful
Nadia - Diceroll: 6-2 = 4 Complete Failure
Average: 8 - Salvageable Mistake
Maybe it was the flickering of the flame and the shadows it threw on the group. Maybe it was the fact that five people had suddenly come out of the woods, but something about the group off-put the cat and on an impulse she let go of her slingshot, flinging it at who she thought was the most intimidating of the group. Nadia

??? - Diceroll: 19 Expected Result
The rock thwacked the fox square in the head, leaving it a bit more than a mark and a painful sore afterwards. (-10 health)

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps lunged forward and tried to wrestle away the slingshot before it could be reloaded.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"ouch !" Nadia exclaimed , rubbing her forehead "Scraps , stop !"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Everyone:
Scraps - Diceroll: 9 + 3 = 12 Minimal Success
After a few seconds Scraps was able to wrench the slingshot away from the calico's hands, though she doesn't seem to happy about that. The feline hisses at the dog and was able to nick him across the shoulder with her sharp claws before they disengaged. (-3 health) By this time she had already grabbed her bag and was backing away from the group.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Roarin wrote:Everyone:
Scraps - Diceroll: 9 + 3 = 12 Minimal Success
After a few seconds Scraps was able to wrench the slingshot away from the calico's hands, though she doesn't seem to happy about that. The feline hisses at the dog and was able to nick him across the shoulder with her sharp claws before they disengaged. (-3 health) By this time she had already grabbed her bag and was backing away from the group.
"Stop with that stupid paranoia of yours cat !" Nadia growled , thrusting her spear into the ground as an act of anger "Before I stop trying to be nice"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin was getting nervous around everyone. "Guys stop!" he exclaimed, standing in front of Scraps and Nadia. He turned around to face the stranger. "I'm Robin. What's your name?"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps took a step back at the urging of Nadia and Robin, still holding onto the slingshot. He didn't have time to stop Robin from jumping in the way so he held his paws up to show he was done hoping that Robin had more of a plan than this. "If you're done shooting #### at my friends we can talk. If you've got any brain cells functioning I'm sure you can see we don't have any intention to mug you."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"That's right, curse at her, that's sure to calm her down," Flynn said sarcastically to Scraps. "Mr. naive over there actually has the right idea this time. Just keep your cool."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Aliah had crouched behind a nearby tree when the cat in the cave had whirled around to face the group, rather scared of the situation. She ducked even harder when the cat then attacked.

She peeked around the tree to assess what was currently going on..
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"That's right, curse at her, that's sure to calm her down," Flynn said sarcastically to Scraps. "Mr. naive over there actually has the right idea this time. Just keep your cool."
Aliah slowly leaned out from behind the tree. "Wh-what's happening now, Flynn? I.. I'm scared.." She said lowly to her companion, shaking visibly.

(ooc: I'm sorry about not posting, had things to do.)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Everyone: The feline hissed at Scraps, but paused as Robin stood in front of her. "A-Alyse..." She replied suspiciously. Looking between the five in front of her it seemed to have dawned on the cat that if they had meant to attack her, they probably would have by now. Her fur soon laid flat, though the annoyed glare continued. "S-so what are you guys doing here?" She asks, almost accusingly, though her voice changed from enraged to nervous.

Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"It's nice to meet you Alyse. These are Flynn, Scraps, Nadia, and um... I don't think she told me her name..." Robin said, pointing at each person as he named them finally stopping on Aliah, who hadn't talked to him. "Anyway, as for why we're here, we got stranded after we got flung off of a cruise ship and we ended up here. Could you tell us where we are exactly?" he asked, hoping that Alyse would.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

~\Rook/~ wrote:Aliah slowly leaned out from behind the tree. "Wh-what's happening now, Flynn? I.. I'm scared.." She said lowly to her companion, shaking visibly.
"Don't worry, I'd give up my 9 lives before letting anything bad happen to a pretty lady," Flynn assured Aliah. "Even if the bad thing's caused by another pretty lady."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps leaned up against one of the cave walls and handed the slingshot back to Alyse. "Like Robin said, we're just lost and a bit freaked out. " His tone indicating that this was the closest thing to an apology she was getting.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"not as freaked out as a certain someone though" Nadia said , rubbing her forehead
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Everyone: The feline sighed and shook her head, glancing over at Robin. "Look, your guess is as good as mine. I washed up on shore too... Guess you guys really are from the cruise ship..." Alyse mumbles as she sits back down, her hands reaching out towards the fire. "I have no idea what's happening... I was sitting pretty on one of those beach chairs looking out into the ocean. Then this giant wave came and..." She paused, as if recalling the moment. "What about you guys? Where were you on the ship?"

Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"All I remember is walking out of my room and then I ended up here." Robin said, trying to remember what happened before that.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

"I was on the deck too. Then the wave or whatever it was hit us and... Well here I am. "
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Don't worry, I'd give up my 9 lives before letting anything bad happen to a pretty lady," Flynn assured. "Even if the bad thing's caused by another pretty lady."
Funnily enough Aliah found little comfort in this, but it was enough to make her stop shaking, nod, then tentatively come down to where Flynn was and stand just behind him.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I was just coming up from below deck when we got hit," Flynn answered. He was only down there waiting for the couple pets he had cheated to give upon looking for him.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Everyone: "Yeah well... I showed a couple hours ago..." Alyse replies sourly. Maybe she was wondering why she didn't see anyone else for so long. "Guess it's nice to see some others from the ship." Misery always did like company... The feline returns to warming her hands near the small fire, rubbing them together occasionally, her tail was curled tightly around her hips, showing she was still a bit on edge.

Behind her the cave continues on into the darkness. The only light coming from the campfire.
An overwhelming sense of fatigue washes over the group though. Landing...wherever you were must've taken a toll on your body. Maybe it'd be a good idea to rest here for tonight. Wait for tomorrow, maybe then the sun will be up and you can see more of your surroundings, or at least have enough energy to explore...

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps yawned and looked around the group, "Well, now that we're all together maybe we should get some sleep. I don't imagine stumbling around in the dark is gonna lead to anything good. I can take first watch "
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"It's fine" Nadia sighed , finally spoke up after having been quiet the whole time "You guys get some rest , I can't sleep right now anyway"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin, who had felt extremely tired, curled up on the ground where he was and fell asleep. He purred softly as he slept.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT