SRP: STEELHAVEN - OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: SRP: STEELHAVEN - OOC

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah can assure ye, Ah'm far younger an' better lookin' than Scotty."

Are Cailean and Conall's colours okay? They're#FF8000 and #FF4500 respectively.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Ach, well, it's no' like I cannae tell them apart. Just.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Waahhh all these new characters! Welcome, Hlaoroo (and possibly Civ)!

Also got a character sheet of my own. It's a tad late, got a little carried away writing for him. :roll:
Name: Branden Rainer

Colour: #80BFFF

Type: Minor(?)

Species, Breed: Dog, Alaskan Klee Kai

Neighbourhood: STEELHAVEN

Appearance: Taller than average, lean build. Mostly white fur (stomach, chest, arm, legs, tail) with dark dark grey on ears, shoulders, neck, thighs and back. Regular AKK face markings. Light blue eyes. Fur is long and soft, but somewhat unkempt and unruly. Wears a thin light blue hoodie over a grey T-shirt. Dark grey trousers and boots. Silver pendant. Unfortunately, none of this is relevant because he straps himself into his blue combat/power suit every chance he gets.
Rainer.jpg
Rainer.jpg (113.23 KiB) Viewed 18274 times
Personality: Brash and whatever the opposite of deliberate is. Spontaneous and energetic, inquisitive and nosy. Annoying. He's very vocal and loves a challenge, and will often throw himself in the affairs of others...and into harm's way. Headstrong and stubborn, and can be unbelievably dense at times. He's actually rather smart though, it's just too bad he chooses not to use his head and think things through. Very optimistic, he's the one trying to cheer people up in the midst of a heated argument, though he's not very orthodox and often acts inappropriately. Defusing tension with humour is his thing, and he's either loved/hated for it (guess which one Ash picks). He loves combat and fighting, but when he runs into an enemy/a problem bigger than he, BAM. Instant wuss mode activate. But he'd rather let himself be captured 7 times again (don't ask) before he admits to being pusillanimous. Loves company. Loves irritating said company. Full of pride. Huge ego. Rainer, everybody.

Backstory: Adopted by a single human at a young age. Branden attended school until he dropped out at fourteen; his own decision, he never had the patience for studying. That and because he knows enough. So he helps his human mother run a small florist's shop, an occupation which bored him to tears. He strived to be something more, something to fill his need for purpose and sense for adventure. So with his share of the profits, Branden claimed to apply for college...but instead joined the battle academy. There he met Ashleigh and soon became something of a rival. He trained hard, and soon, they graduated with top rankings. They went their separate ways for a couple of months, but were reunited when they were both appointed for a reconnaissance mission. After two or three more of those, they grew closer and developed something of a friendship. Then came the fourth war. Branden and Ashleigh served together in the same unit, and all was well until Branden was hit by a sniper. As a result, he spent months in the hospital and was not granted the pleasure of witnessing the end of the battle. Fortunately, he made a full recovery - only to have Ashleigh haul him back to his mother, who was blissfully ignorant of her son's tomfoolery. After being scolded by both of them, Branden vowed never to return to the army, or be involved in anything slightly combat-related.

Back to the florist shop.

Then fast forward to today. His mother was diagnosed with a rare illness and was issued partial life support at the local hospital. She'll live, and function properly - and at such a price! The florist's shop wouldn't cut it, and Branden sold their family business in the blink of an eye. Unbeknownst to his mother, of course. He put himself out there and was hired as a sensors and flight systems technician AND part time security guard...on the STEELHAVEN. And here he is now.

Oh yeah and some weeks later Ash applied for a post on that same vessel. Just his luck.

Other Notes:
- Charisma score fluctuates because he can be charming and he can be an brat. Usually both at the same time.
- Shotgun. He's got one.
- Utilises drones and small machines to assist him in his work.
- Usually very predictable.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
S. 8
P. 4
E. 8
C. 8
I. 8
A. 4
L. 3
R. 4
C2. 7
Also, remember Neon's sign?

I borrows it. Probably need the practise.

No promises :3
Last edited by deepskycyan on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I think I fixed the problem, any others and I will be happy to fix them.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

KK. Corp might be about to see he has another Doc on board...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Then they - just about - have a pass. It'll be interesting to see how Colorado deals with having a colleague.
You act like I'm going to do something stupid. You are probably right.
They are however, missing ranks.
Looks like I'll need to start actually labelling things in the medical bay instead of saying, "You see that cylinder thing? Yes that thing. Set it here."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well, what ranks should I give them, I'm not exactly 100% clear on the whole rank order/system for medics.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I don't know about ranks, per se, but I can tell you from experience that in terms of authority in a medical setting, Colorado, having been there the longest will be in charge of the medbay and whatever happens in it for the most part. In an emergency situation whoever has most knowledge of the situation at hand and/or about the patients in question will be in charge. In all cases the student will be kept out of the way and will either just be passing things or simply observing. The only time the student would be involved would be during routine procedures or examinations and perhaps those tasks which don't require a high level of skill unless the patient has given prior permission for the student to be able to do or try or practise anything.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well, I googled the rank systems thing, if it's too high I'll change it. Even though I made Sylvester and Colorado the same rank he is still a superior in the medical bay. I hope that is okay with you guys.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I forgot to update my character sheet didn't I...
I did indeed. A while back during a lull in anything interesting, I went aboard the station to take the ranking test I had been studying for since before I got to the Steelhaven. I dunno how the GM feels about it, but I gained a rank. IE, me and Corp are the same rank.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It's fine, it's fine. But Medical officers will have problems giving direct orders to security. It's not quite the same branch. So it's best to try and use 'can you..?' at the beginning of an 'order'.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:It's fine, it's fine. But Medical officers will have problems giving direct orders to security. It's not quite the same branch. So it's best to try and use 'can you..?' at the beginning of an 'order'.
I figured that, it's only an order if it's a necessity, such as if a security officer is the only one on hand while I'm working on someone. Otherwise, it's a can you.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

So is there any other problems that I need to fix or is everything good to go.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Civilization wrote:So is there any other problems that I need to fix or is everything good to go.
I can't think of anything. Go for it!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:
Civilization wrote:So is there any other problems that I need to fix or is everything good to go.
I can't think of anything. Go for it!
As Lego (the chief GM) says.. GO!! GO!! GO!!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Okay, how was that for an introduction?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Seemed fine to me.

EDIT:- One thing I would state, however, is that a different speaker get a different line.

Like I'm not talking on the same line this guy is.
Which guy?
The writer.

Ithelpsclear confusion.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

STEELHAVEN mafia............
TO THE PLOT CREATION ROOM!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yic7IRO9d6I

Love that sound effect.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I didn't expect Colorado to know sign language. But that's cool. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

It's a bit like knowing the words to a language, but being semi fluent. He can do it, but he's not too good at flowing from sign to sign. Like remembering words to a language. It's mostly from his time as a medic, he's had to deal with many issues, so it came in handy. Yes rusty though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Makes sense. Let's hope he can understand Conall's reply.
Yes, I know you can't really sign with an accent but there are different dialects of sign language and I thought it would be fun to give him the accent anyway. :P
And sorry for the giant wall of text there but he had to tell the full story for Corp to believe him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Makes sense. Let's hope he can understand Conall's reply.
Yes, I know you can't really sign with an accent but there are different dialects of sign language and I thought it would be fun to give him the accent anyway. :P
And sorry for the giant wall of text there but he had to tell the full story for Corp to believe him.
Well you can, but yes its a dialect thing. kind of like how some signs will be different depending on your region for ASL, now if you were to do a 100% sign to English post, the post would be rather confusing to follow as sign has a different sentence structure.
So I think you are going to be fine furr
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Deske

Post by Deske »

Something tells me that doesn't mean thank you. I dunno if it's different but in ASL its the whole hand from the chin forward and down from the elbow.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I just looked it up and clearly my memory was off because you're quite right. I was thinking of AUSLAN which is the Australian dialect of sign language but even in that it appears to be the same. Still, I know there's a lot of dialects and it wouldn't surprise me if Cailen and Conall had a few signs all of their own. Still, I'll update that. Thanks!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Deske wrote:Something tells me that doesn't mean thank you. I dunno if it's different but in ASL its the whole hand from the chin forward and down from the elbow.
Open palm with the inside facing the face and the back hand out, touching the tip of the chin then moving the hand in a down motion is the ASL sign for "Thank you" (If I remember right there isn't really a general "You're welcome" sign, most deaf people will just use thank you back.)
However this sign is one of those where if the hand moves too a different location or changes the way the palm is faced, it becomes a different word entirely and you should be careful with this sign. I don't know how it is in FSL, AUSSL, RSL, etc. (those are different countries, Australia, France, Russia).
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Apologies for cheekily abusing Zoroaster there, Civilisation.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Door buzzer? Is he expecting the dogs to let him in? I thought they were locked in from outside so Corp will have to let himself in.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:Door buzzer? Is he expecting the dogs to let him in? I thought they were locked in from outside so Corp will have to let himself in.
He's being polite and using the door chime. They can unlock it from inside if they want. Dabry's just outside.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

At the moment they don't even realise that they can do that. They just think they're in a comfortable cell.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I decided to change Zoroaster's text color to 80BF00 to make it easier for you guys to tell them apart, sorry for making them so close together.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Good idea, Civilization.

So... What shall I do with the dogs? Leave them asleep for a while? Are they even allowed out of their room? And when will their clothes be brought?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Next time I can posT I can have a random guard come by and take the dogs to the clothing making machine. Maybe they can talk to him about activities they can do or sonething. But for now, since they are tired. Perhaps they should sleep
RP Characters:
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

deepskycyan wrote:Digging up this thread because why not.

SO! Extremely important exams and studying and my upcoming internship have taken over my life now.
Yeah, really sucks but I'm gonna have to leave for at least a month.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, I'm effectively banning myself from the forum. If any of you see me on here, please please chase me off because I'm wasting time and should probably be studying.

Oh, and wish me luck! Thanks everyone!
Really sorry, guys. Probably won't be posting for a while.
Y'all have fun!
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

It's okay, good luck out there. I think a few others are away for now to. So you should be fine I imagine.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

How did you guys like my pun about Dabry's font? I updated it a little to make it more space-age/futuristic. :P
Apologies for cheekily abusing Dabry there, Welshie. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Once I found the pun, I laughed. good work hlaroo
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

How do I get over the feeling of how awkward it is to have a written conversation with myself...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Deske wrote:How do I get over the feeling of how awkward it is to have a written conversation with myself...
That's something I might be asking myself in RV soon...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote:How do I get over the feeling of how awkward it is to have a written conversation with myself...
Pretend you're an author and not an RPer. ;)

I'll send Conall along towards the medbay as soon as Dabry's replacement arrives. He wants to get some exercise but he'll want to make sure he's up to it first.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

I thought Autumn_Red_Panda was someone different. Why the name change?