PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neko

Re: PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Post by Neko »

Actually, I set it up so you can meet Samantha in the store sooo...yea :P
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Operation Romantic Gesture has begun!

I feel I should mention that most foxes aren't white all the time, but I assume that both Zeke and Samantha are special breeds.
Dominic
Location: Somewhere surrounded by snow, trees, a rock, and a crashed airplane. Wait.... wth....?

Post by Dominic »

What time is it in the pet's universe? I ask only because Dominic isn't exactly allowed out of the house between like 20:00 and 07:30, and also... would someone like to play his Dad?
Dominic STR-3 PER-8 END-6 CHA-7 INT-5 AGI-7 LUC-6
Neko

Post by Neko »

Dominic wrote:What time is it in the pet's universe? I ask only because Dominic isn't exactly allowed out of the house between like 20:00 and 07:30, and also... would someone like to play his Dad?
right now its around 6:30Pm and 7PM.

You control your Pet's human parents.
Dominic
Location: Somewhere surrounded by snow, trees, a rock, and a crashed airplane. Wait.... wth....?

Post by Dominic »

Cool! That makes the whole thing easier. Thanks, Neko! I'm not entirely used to an RP that doesn't involve some sort of combat at an almost constant pace, so this is a good change of pace, but it'll take some getting used to.
FunkyChickenFace

Dominic wrote:Cool! That makes the whole thing easier. Thanks, Neko! I'm not entirely used to an RP that doesn't involve some sort of combat at an almost constant pace, so this is a good change of pace, but it'll take some getting used to.
WHAT'S THIS?! COMBAT RP?!!! WHERE?!!!
Zander

Post by Zander »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:
Dominic wrote:Cool! That makes the whole thing easier. Thanks, Neko! I'm not entirely used to an RP that doesn't involve some sort of combat at an almost constant pace, so this is a good change of pace, but it'll take some getting used to.
WHAT'S THIS?! COMBAT RP?!!! WHERE?!!!
*jumps on top of funky*

"CALM DOWN!!! *injects hallucinogenics*

That should keep him busy for a while
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Not here, fcf, on my regular RP sites. I can't even possibly imagine what combat would be like for pets on this board, especially considering that some of us, a.k.a. Dominic, can't do a whole lot of fighting due to breed or some other qualification.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dominic wrote:Not here, fcf, on my regular RP sites. I can't even possibly imagine what combat would be like for pets on this board, especially considering that some of us, a.k.a. Dominic, can't do a whole lot of fighting due to breed or some other qualification.

10 strenght and 10 endurence husky for the win.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

blurrrrrrrggg....

It'd be pretty cool to do a dungeon questing RP though.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:blurrrrrrrggg....

It'd be pretty cool to do a dungeon questing RP though.
Hey, you could always have them play a mock game of D&D. Or larping. I donno, get creative! :P
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

ehl-oh-ehl, I know just the person to DM for us too... >:3 Eh, Rubin?
FunkyChickenFace

We probs wouldn't even need a DM in BrM. We could just go into the woods and start Pretendin' and have an RP-in-a-RP.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:We probs wouldn't even need a DM in BrM. We could just go into the woods and start Pretendin' and have an RP-in-a-RP.
We're in the woods on IRC right now. Hope that party is ready when we get back!

Edit: And if you want to do a dungeon crawl or soemthing, let's just do one at some point. That sounds like fun, and is totally doable, and I don't see why there should be any problem.
Edit: and by that, I mean actually have our characters enter a dungeon and have an adventure. That would be cool. Anyone else up for that?
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Dominic wrote:What time is it in the pet's universe? I ask only because Dominic isn't exactly allowed out of the house between like 20:00 and 07:30, and also... would someone like to play his Dad?
...You might want to make an older character... 'Cause we're about to have a long nighttime thing, and it doesn't START until 20:00.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rockstarraccoon, what is this?
*points to this*

>:O

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zander wrote:Rockstarraccoon, what is this? >:O
I'm sorry, it seems there is a misunderstanding here.
Allow me to clarify my position:

I DO IT FOR THE LULZ.
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Zander wrote:Rockstarraccoon, what is this? >:O
I'm sorry, it seems there is a misunderstanding here.
Allow me to clarify my position:

I DO IT FOR THE LULZ.
Very good explanation <3
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Operation Romantic Gesture has begun!

I feel I should mention that most foxes aren't white all the time, but I assume that both Zeke and Samantha are special breeds.
A fox! Why didn't I think of that?
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Dr. Prower wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:Operation Romantic Gesture has begun!

A fox! Why didn't I think of that?
'Cause it's not a normal pet. Now I'd like to see a lizard...

Edit: So I added a bit more to that first thread.
ChickenFace> When is that party going to start?
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Let me post a quick bit about the forest here, and we can all refer to it easilly. This was the first appearance of the woods from the IRC
They come to a large wooden fence at the edge of the neighborhood. On the other side of the fence they can see a treeline with oaks and evergreens, which tapered to a tall height as they went back. Rikki scurried up the fence and sat on top waiting for the others.
"Uhh... how am i supposed to get up there?" Rocky questioned, looking for a way
Rikki looked at Rocky "um... can't you just climb it? I thought you were trained to be strong and all that..."
Cale looked past the fence, seeing no trails or walkways. "Bummer..." He sets his board down and climbs onto the fence.
Flake had some troubles getting up onto the Fence, but he manages to get onto the Fence after 3 tries.
Over the fence they see the treeline has a row of bushes which starts abruptly in front of cut-grass but quickly tapers down as it moves back into the forest.
"Oh," said Rocky as he noticed the fence wasn't as tall as he thought it was. He jumped and grabbed the top and pulled himself up, doing a barrel roll and landing feet first on the grass on the other side.
"Nice stunt dude." Cale says jumping down next to Rocky.
"Yeah," said Rikki, hopping down, "I gotta show you something neat." He began to push through the bushes "Don't worry, the ground clears up after a bit."
Rocky follows Rikki through the thick bushes
Cale follows behind Rocky.
Flake jumps down the fence and follows Cale through the thick bushes.

They walk out of the bushes into a heavily shaded wood, the temperature feels like it drops 5 degrees (welcome, as it was a warm day), and they now feel dead leaves on soft dirt beneath their feet.
Cale emerges from the bushes, picking leaves out of his fur.
As Rocky comes out, he just shakes them off.
Rikki looks around at the forest with a smile. Massive trees of all kinds tower above them ahead. Different sights and smells bombard them from the forest floor.
In other words:
To get to the forest, head east until you hit the road on the edge, which has a grass-median between it and a large wooden fence (by large I mean over 7 feet or so). On the other side of the fence is another cut-grass median, and then thick, tall bushes which line the outer edge of the forest.
The inside of the forest is filled with massive trees of the temperate variety. The ground is mainly dead leaves on moist, black dirt. The trees block out the sunlight (a reason for the sparsely populated ground) and make it cooler and shadier inside.

The Ranger (Jack Calvin) lives out in the northern side of the preserve, on the edge of the developed parkland. Everything south of that spot is wilderness, with no trails other than the ones made by the animals living there.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FunkyChickenFace

I've been stalln 4 Rubin, who seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. So I guess 4 weds sums this up nicely:

the. Party. Starts. Now.

Lemme set it up real fast .
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

FunkyChickenFace wrote:I've been stalln 4 Rubin, who seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. So I guess 4 weds sums this up nicely:

the. Party. Starts. Now.

Lemme set it up real fast .
I've PMed Rubin about it. If he's not back fast enough, consider fast-forwarding yourself back. You guys aren't really doing much at the store, and other people are now waiting to go to this party of yours. If he has a problem with that we can sort it out later.

Also, as you're turning the last corner to your house, drive past Rocky, Cale, and a raccoon you don't recognize and invite them. (or something along those lines.) That way they have a reason to go there.

Edit: and you should get on IRC.
FunkyChickenFace

Excellent, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I've decide that Zeke's way to hyped up on anise (apparently the dog equivalent of catnip?) to think properly, so we're just taking him back home and leaving him on the couch. Hehe.

I've also just realized that by talking in First Person, I'm acting as if I'm Frank. ?!

ANNOUNCEMENT: THE PARTY IS ABOUT TO START. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PLEASE CLEAR YOUR SCHEDULES. THANK YOU. THAT IS ALL.
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I think I'll have Dominic sneak out for the nighttime stuff, considering his specific stats, he should be able to sneak out of the house without alerting his dad... and Rubin should be back soon, he's rarely NOT online in the summer.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

O... K... I was expecting you to wait a bit longer than 5 minutes....
But anyway, moving onward. You should still get on IRC.
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Where is the IRC? I keep hearing about it, but never quite get the chance to go there.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Dominic wrote:Where is the IRC? I keep hearing about it, but never quite get the chance to go there.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... ?f=3&t=155
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Dr. Prower wrote:
thrasherblades wrote:"Oh nononono.....I don't mean that bro." Shep said, blushing as he took back his words. "You definetly have a nice place to stay in. I think I'm gonna be here for a while, has that cozy atmosphere and all..." Shep said, smiling.
"It's all right, Shep. Don't worry about it." Aaron took a seat on the living room couch. He looked over at Joy. "I'm glad you like the place. Only question is, what should we do first?"
Consider walking outside as the sun is going down and notice the party at the end of the block.

Edit: also, please post your Sheet here, and darken the red of your color: it's too similar to Cale's orange.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, so tonight was cool, and we should try it again next time we do some large-scale arc. The party's gonna go for a couple more days if anyone else wants to get in. After that, I say we start thinking about skipping forward a couple weeks. What do you guys say?
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

that sounds good, but I want to get a chance to tell were Zeke and Sam stand. this is my first true Rp romance, so I want to get it right.
~Rubin
Zander

Post by Zander »

I personally dont want to do the timeskip, because you never know what happened in the timeframe, if you brought a new character out and shes only met like, 2 people, and you timeskip 1 week, you dont know who shes met.

i said the same thing in RG, but they didn't care what i thought so they time skipped anyway. >_>

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Hes got a point, lets make sure every char has a firm hold on the neighborhood before time goes more then a night.
~Rubin
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: 'Cause it's not a normal pet. Now I'd like to see a lizard...
It's rather me making Godzilla, or I'll make a Female Kitteh.

Which one should I do?

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Auzzo wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: 'Cause it's not a normal pet. Now I'd like to see a lizard...
It's rather me making Godzilla, or I'll make a Female Kitteh.

Which one should I do?
Godzilla.

Theres already a female kitteh... and we dont want no catfights...

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

"Slow motion pillow fight for the win!!!" said Frank.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Now Its my turn to be confused... that's one of those things girls do, riiiiight?
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

If Auzzo made a female character, hopefully she and Joy would get into a slow-motion pillow fight.

That's Frank's hope, anyway.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Here's my female character hehehe =)

Name - Enya Bashir Al'Aziz

Species - Domestic Housecat

Age - 16 cat years

Gender - Female

Neighbourhood - Brookshire Meadows

Appearance - Her fur is of a sweet orange hue but glimmers of a sahara-yellow. The tips of her tail and paws are dipped in white and her eyes are of a foamy sea green colour. She has gold bracelets on both her wrists and she wears a collar of, well guess what, gold with a sun pendant with short petruding rays.

Personality - Her sweetness and grace usually makes up for her failing english language, and it shows. Enya is not one who would shy away from other pets and is always delighted to make new friends and establish lasting relationships with others. She loves helping others when they are down and tries to comfort them.

Other - Enya was born and raised in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia. Her millionaire father deals in oil, but has a huge fetish of collecting different breeds of cats in his household, a half of it eventually becoming a cat breeding ground and farm, where the most exotic breeds of the finest felines are also found.

- Enya is a professional Middle Eastern/Gypsy Jazz musician, and she mainly plays the guitar while dabbling around in other stringed instruments like the mandolin . She is now based in the United States for shows and recording albums. She is being accompanied by her Uncle Florez Bashir, who is also her booking agent.

- Enya can speak english, but not well enough to clamber over the whole language barrier, but she's almost there. She often speaks with a heavy Arabic accent, though she tries not to show she's struggling with it.

- Enya has never met an American boy before, and she's ecstatic about them as being in America herself.

SPECIAL - Str = 4; Per = 8; End = 6; Cha = 8; Int = 9; Agl = 3; Luk = 4;
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

FunkyChickenFace wrote: "Oh but that's no fun," said Frank, faux-pouting. "Why don't we kiss and make out instead?"

Inside the sound booth, Matt was pointedly not watching but silently cheering Frank on.
?!
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)