Useless Information Thread

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Useless Information Thread

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Both of my parents drive Toyota Corollas. My mom has a 2015 one with leather seats and a sunroof and my father has a 2017 one with lane-keep assist (which he REALLY needs)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

No SR-71 Blackbird was ever shot down. The SR-71 was a Cold War reconnaissance aircraft and the fastest plane ever built. With a top speed of over mach 3, if the soviets shot a missile at it, its defense would be it could simply out run the missile. However, of the 32 planes built, 11 were destroyed by non-combat means (aka something went wrong and they crashed during test flights). The Blackbirds also have a picture of an anthro skunk painted on their vertical stabilizers.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Eevee is the only Pokemon that becomes a completely different type upon evolution into its next form. Previously, the same was for Azurill who was a Normal-type evolving into the Water-type Marrill. It is no longer true because both Azurill and Marrill have secondary Fairy-typing.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

However, Flareon is the only fully-evolved fire-type Pokémon that cannot learn Solarbeam.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

None of the Erin Hunters are from Austrailia, I think.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The Industrial National Bank Building in Providence, Rhode Island is called the "Superman Building" because it looks like the "Daily Planet" building from Superman.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

in the .Hack games a databug's HP is written in hexadecimal using "01*2#34<5>67%89:" instead of "0123456789ABCDEF" and only a fraction of the damage dealt is actually counted. when it hits 0 they'll protect break and it will roll over to it's max, making them functionally invincible. The health bar on the other hand kinda just does whatever it wants regardless of what the numbers say and will never drop below 50%.

if you know this you can actually read their HP and get a solid idea of how close you are to breaking them.
this does not apply to phases, for some reason they have their own logic to when they break...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

"Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus is the longest running number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 to date. Surpassing "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey featuring Boyz II Men and "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber. "Old Town Road" spent 18 weeks at the top, while "One Sweet Day" and "Despacito" spent 16 weeks at the top. "Old Town Road" is also Billy Ray Cyrus's highest charting single to date, surpassing "Achy Breaky Heart" which peaked at number 4.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

I just ate a hotdog in under ten seconds.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Coca-cola was originally green
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Coca-cola was originally green
Is that actually true?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sleet wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Coca-cola was originally green
Is that actually true?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/how-g ... -ballyhoo/ says no.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

John de Lancie, the voice of Discord on "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" is also known as Q on " Star Trek: The Next Generation", Frank Simmons in " Stargate SG-1", Donald Margolis in "Breaking Bad" and Eugene Bradford on "Days of our Lives."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

shouldn't that be 'better known as Q'? he got the stargate character because of startrek, and discord's personality clearly pays homage to Q's crazier moments.

Also Q is a reoccurring character on DS9 & Voyager, not just TNG, and is a major character in Startrek Borg.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I said he was "also known as" and not "better known as" because those are the roles that people know him the best in. I didn't say "better known as" because I wanted to give equal weight to all of his roles. And the statement is still correct because he was also known as all of those characters.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

cows kill more people in a year than sharks do.
Rp characters
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The current top 5 on the US Billboard Hot 100 right now is:

1. Lizzo – Truth Hurts
2. Shawn Mendes Feat. Camilla Cabello – Senorita
3. Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
4. Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved
5. Lil Nas X – Panini
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The German word for "glove" is "Handschuh" which translates literally as "hand-shoe".
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

"Take What You Want", a song by Post Malone featuring Ozzy Osborne and Travis Scott peaked at number 8 on the "Billboard Hot 100" and became Osbourne's first Billboard Hot 100 top 10 in over 30 years, making it the longest gap between top 10 appearances.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis has the word volcano in it, with one of the ways to getting it is consuming volcanic ash. Also, the beginning almost makes the word pneumonia, which pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis has some similar symptoms to.
Rp characters
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

On November 14 of 1946, it was reported that there was a shortage of milk bottles in Asbury Park, New Jersey.

It seems that 85% of the bottles distributed by milkmen were never returned. The bottles were typically either discarded or repurposed.

Unfortunately, local dairies were unable to get new bottles due to a glass shortage. Dairyman William Thurman said that he ordered new bottles 6 months prior, but would not receive them for another 8 to 10 months. Paper milk cartons were not an option either, since it was also a shortage of paper at a time.

Phil Smith, of the Red Bank Dairy, stated, “It’s always the same few who return bottles, meticulously. The same many who don’t.”

F. J. Schapper of Sheffield Farms, said, “It’s obvious women are ashamed to return dirty milk bottles. We’ll take ‘em clean or dirty. We’ll take ‘em from under the foundation or fish ‘em out of the drink. We get ‘em back from the trash men and haul ‘em from the dumps.”
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

in the original movie poster for 007: Goldeneye (the version that had bond holding his PPK up, instead of aiming at the camera) the suppressor/silencer is installed incorrectly, it's a few degrees out of alignment with the slide and barrel.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

People with higher incomes generally prefer their toilet paper to come over the roll, while those with lower incomes prefer it to go under.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

My catchphrase used to be "totally gross, dude," typically in response to something I actually liked or thought was cute.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Cher's biggest hit in the US was the song "Dark Lady" in 1974 before she topped the charts in 1999 with the single "Believe" which also was number 1 on the Billboard Year End Charts of 1999. "Dark Lady" and "Believe: both were number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 but "Believe" was the bigger hit worldwide.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Mountain lions can hybridize with ocelots.
Though if they found one they'd probably eat it instead...
Amazee Dayzee wrote:The infinity sign is properly known as a "lemniscate."
Really! That... actually explains something. I'd heard the word before in the title to a song on one of Andrew Hushult's soundtracks but I didn't know what it meant.
Last edited by Vertigo Fox on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Laws pertaining to birth aboard aircraft and ships mean it is possible for a person born on a British ship, anchored in a United States port, with a Chinese father and Turkish mother, to have quadruple nationality.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

The biggest box-office bomb in American Cinema history was "The Worst Film Ever Made" (yes, that's it's actual title) released in the early 2010s. It made $1 of it's budget back.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joe Biden was the first candidate to defeat a sitting president since Bill Clinton defeated George H. W. Bush in 1992 as well as being the is the second non-incumbent vice president after Richard Nixon in 1968 to be elected president and the oldest president, as well as the first president whose home state is Delaware (although he was born in Pennsylvania), and the second Catholic president after John F. Kennedy.
Harry Johnathan

Hebrew is the only successfully revived dead language.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Futurama was cancelled due to low ratings the first time around because FOX kept on pre-empting it for sports so it was usually WEEKS or sometimes a MONTH before you would see a new episode and that drove the ratings down. When it ended up on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, its popularity caused Comedy Central to make a few made-for-TV movies from it and the popularity from THOSE lead to Comedy Central rebooting the show and it airing until 2013.
Harry Johnathan

During the filming of "The Ten Commandments" in 1956, an actor was needed to play Baby Moses. Charlton Heston, the actor for Moses, said to the director Cecil B. DeMille that his wife was due to have a baby in February the next year. Cecil said to Heston "if it's a boy he gets the part." The baby was born, and was a boy. Almost immediately a doctor came in the room with a telegram reading: "Congrats, he's got the part!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

One man set a world record by putting on 260 T-shirts at once.

When Ted Hastings' son asked him whether he could set an official Guinness World Record, he decided to give it a try. And on Feb. 17, 2019, he reached his goal by wearing 260 T-shirts at one time. Hastings was able to get 20 shirts on by himself, but after that, he required assistance from a team to help him into sizes ranging from medium to 20X. Around the 150-shirt mark, there were concerns about Hastings' ability to breathe due to the weight of the fabric, but he was determined to keep going and beat the previous record of 257 shirts.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:47 pm Futurama was cancelled due to low ratings the first time around because FOX kept on pre-empting it for sports so it was usually WEEKS or sometimes a MONTH before you would see a new episode and that drove the ratings down. When it ended up on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, its popularity caused Comedy Central to make a few made-for-TV movies from it and the popularity from THOSE lead to Comedy Central rebooting the show and it airing until 2013.
One of my favorites ... which, I guess, also qualifies as useless information. sigh. :oops:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Elizabeth Taylor was married eight times to seven different men. Divorced seven times and widowed once.

Conrad Hilton Jr. [Married: 1950. Divorced: 1951. Died: 1969]
Michael Wilding [Married: 1952. Divorced: 1957. Died: 1979]
Mike Todd [Married: 1957. Widowed: 1958. Died: 1958]
Eddie Fisher [Married: 1959. Divorced: 1964. Died: 2010]
Richard Burton [Married: 1964. Divorced: 1974. Died: 1984]
Richard Burton [Married: 1975. Divorced: 1976. Died: 1984]
John Warner [Married: 1976. Divorced: 1982. Died: 2021]
Larry Fortensky [Married: 1991. Divorced: 1996. Died: 2016]

Mike Todd was the first of her husbands to die. Richard Burton was her longest marriage and the only husband she remarried twice. Mike Todd was the only husband she was a widow to. John Warner was her last surviving ex-husband. She was Carrie Fisher's stepmother for 5 years.
Harry Johnathan

Mike Todd invented the Todd A-O widescreen format for film.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In 2016, Mozart sold more CDs than Beyonce.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

When Napoleon Bomaparte attacked Portugal in 1807, the Queen of Portugal, Maria I fled to Brazil and made Rio de Janeiro the capital. This is the only time a European country had its capital outside of Europe
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
gforce

Post by gforce »

Formula 1 driver Kimi Räikkönen has participated in more than 300 grands prix - about one third of every F1 event ever.
That sounded better in my head
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.