The Food Topic #Nom nOm noM

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

kurowolfe

Re: The Food Topic #Nom nOm noM

Post by kurowolfe »

Ah, okay. That sound yummy nonetheless :3

Can't say I've seen any Mexican restaurants here, not even in Kuala Lumpur. I did see a small chain selling tortillas and tacos and quesadillas and such, but I can't say that I like their taco, or just plain taco in general. The quesadilla is decent though.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
zdflion96

Post by zdflion96 »

kurowolfe wrote:Ah, okay. That sound yummy nonetheless :3

Can't say I've seen any Mexican restaurants here, not even in Kuala Lumpur. I did see a small chain selling tortillas and tacos and quesadillas and such, but I can't say that I like their taco, or just plain taco in general. The quesadilla is decent though.
Don't worry, that's nice you saw someone doing that! ;)

--------------------------------------------

Here is some sweet bread I had here for dinner (of course I didn't eat the whole plate xD) :D

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That looks yummy!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
zdflion96

Post by zdflion96 »

Sleet wrote:That looks yummy!
If mail could send that, I'd send you some ;)
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Trying to decide on what to eat tonight, I've got a prepacked salad I need to eat before it goes bad. But pizza or a TV dinner, I can not decide.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

One thing that I discovered about myself after going away to college is that I really like cooking, and I'm actually pretty good at it.

I've been taking pictures of what I've been cooking over the years, and I compiled it into an album that will grow over time.

Some of these pictures were taken in poor lighting and with a terrible cell phone camera, but they're all pretty darn delicious: http://imgur.com/a/TEmCB

Things I love to cook/make but for some reason I don't have pictures of:
  • Chicken Curry
  • Beef Stew
  • Chili
  • Hot Wings (I make my own sauce and it actually comes out more sweet 'n spicy than super hot)
  • Slow cooker lemon chicken with green beans and red potatoes
  • Costco chicken burgers infused with kale and mozzarella, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese, and stone-ground mustard. Served on a wheat bun.
  • Turkey sandwiches, with whole-cranberry sauce, lettuce, and Havarti cheese. On wheat bread. heh.
  • Zesty deviled eggs (family recipe, I can't give this one out!)

Things I've recently learned how to make and would like to perfect the technique before posting pictures:
  • Sushi
  • Bruschetta Caprese

I'm also looking forward to getting a wok soon and learning how to make some "generic" Chinese food. I also want to try making Chicken Piccata.

If anyone wants any recipes, let me know. I use a slow cooker or oven whenever possible so most of this stuff is pretty easy if you can handle chopping vegetables and dicing up meat!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Wow, I didn't realize this topic existed.

I love Mexican and Italian food.
I like my meat cooked through (medium well) and prefer thin cuts to thick when it comes to steak, well-seasoned.
I'm not much for chocolate, except for milk chocolate, white chocolate, and fudge - or any desert that uses said ingredients as its main taste components. I LOVE vanilla flavored (and scented) stuff. I'm not much of a desert person, to be honest - when I do get desert, though, I like brownies, vanilla or pralines & cream ice cream, cheesecake, creme roulette, or pecan pie (key lime pie is also good, especially with meringue).
I like fruit flavored drinks (except squeezed orange and grapefruit juice - too bitter), root beer, ginger ale, water, and milk. No coffee, tea, or energy drinks for me (I try to avoid caffeine for the most part, though the occasional Mountain Dew or Barq's root beer are fine).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We're vegetarian, but not vegans.

Like Doug, do a lot of Mexican and Italian, but also Indian, Greek, and Arabic. Spinach leaf as a base for various peppers, onions, and dressings. Hummus variations with different breads. We cook up soy products including fake-meats but those can be heavy on the sodium. Chocolate, maple, and coffee ice creams with occasional cake or pies; lots of nuts, apples, and cheeses.