tv shows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: tv shows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Started watching "The Secret Saturdays". Yet another show that was gone too soon. Like Joan Rivers and Bobbi Kristina Brown.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Boruto came out last week, but it's still not on Crunchyroll!!!!! :x
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Started watching Kolchak: The Night Stalker. A couple episodes in and I'm enjoying.
Found out that there were two tv movies before the series.
Also there are graphic novels and comics. I'm gonna have to check those at some point.
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Gonna start watching "Regular Show" soon. It looks very nice.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Punchy wrote:Started watching Kolchak: The Night Stalker. A couple episodes in and I'm enjoying.
Also there are graphic novels and comics. I'm gonna have to check those at some point.
there was also a short-lived remake in 2005 just called Night Stalker. I liked it but it wasn't the same since they didn't include the comedy of the original. I've only sen a few episodes of the original.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Punchy wrote:Started watching Kolchak: The Night Stalker. A couple episodes in and I'm enjoying.
there was also a short-lived remake in 2005 just called Night Stalker. I liked it but it wasn't the same since they didn't include the comedy of the original. I've only sen a few episodes of the original.

That was a great show. I watched in re-runs on sci-fi channel when I was a kid. Some of the episodes are genuinely creepy. It was an obvious precursor to "The X-Files". Its too bad the reboot failed to find an audience. It was really good too.

Another horror show that never quite made it that I like is "Night Visions". It was a Twilight Zone-like anthology show host by Henry Rollins and featured guest directors like Tobe Hooper and Joe Dante. With talent like that it was sort of a precursor to "Master of Horror".
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really am enjoying the show "Regular Show" so much! I just wish there were more 30 minute episodes though.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:

That was a great show. I watched in re-runs on sci-fi channel when I was a kid. Some of the episodes are genuinely creepy. It was an obvious precursor to "The X-Files". Its too bad the reboot failed to find an audience. It was really good too.
Well, after I finish the original series and watch the two movies, I'll see if I can find the reboot.
Panda Panda Panda
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Just got done watching the new Muppets TV series, and it was great.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was gonna watch it but I ended up catching up on my soap opera instead. X.X
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

To all the European members with some years on their shoulders (yes, I'm talking to you, Render :P): do you remember of this cool TV show? :)
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Ah... No, I don't know this show. Germany stopped taking part when I've been five and probably they stopped broadcasting it here also, I have no memory of it.
Saturn381 wrote:Just got done watching the new Muppets TV series, and it was great.
Oh, The Muppets... Should watch them again! Good idea! *looks for the DVDs*
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Amazee Dayzee I do agree with your last few posts. I loved the secret saturdays, I really enjoy regular show, Ben 10 Onmiverse.....we do not speak of.
I miss star wars the clone wars, that was a really good show, I much prefer it to star wars rebels.
I like adventure time, it can be so sad or random or happy.
Who hear watched Only Fools and Horses, Faulty Towers or Dads Arny? There british shows by the way.
And the American show Cheers?
Hi Hi Pie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I've seen a couple episodes of Fawlty towers, I need to check out more sometime.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Fawlty Towers is great, very funny. Only went for 12(?) episodes, though.
Number9Dysonsphere wrote:And the American show Cheers?
I've never seen a full episode of Cheers, only ever seen the intro and the first few seconds after.
Ever seen the show Taxi? One of my favorites. Danny DeVito, Andy Kaufman, Christopher Lloyd
Panda Panda Panda
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Sorry Punchy I haven't seen Taxi, I would recommend Cheers though it was very funny.
Hi Hi Pie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm gonna start watching "Ridonculous Race" soon since I heard that might be good.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm gonna start watching "Ridonculous Race" soon since I heard that might be good.
Yay more Total Drama (ish) sequels/spin offs.
Hi Hi Pie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Took them long enough to get back to 26 episodes. Seriously, if you are gonna make us wait a whole year for a new season, it better not be 13 episodes all clustered together.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

All right then who has seen the IT Crowd. It is a very funny british comedy centered around a tech support departement and there crazy antics. Here is a link to one of the episodes and where you can watch it: http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/it-cro ... 00#playing

Or for a more recent program there was humans. I realy liked the story and the characters. It is about a world in the not so distant future where robots called synths have become extremely advanced and are basicly slaves or companions to people.
Hi Hi Pie
Liam

Post by Liam »

Let's get dangerous again.

Darkwing Duck is supposed to return to TV on Disney XD in 2018.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Check again. The series was an April Fools Joke even though its no where near April Fools. :roll: Such a shame because I loved that show when I was a kid.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Yeah, that one got debunked. <.<

Well okay, but here's a thing that really is underway. Netflix will adapt Altered Carbon, one of my favorite SF books. A cyberpunk murder mystery set in a future where digitized human minds can easily be transferred from one body to another, a former special forces soldier is released from prison mind-storage to investigate the violent death of a moneyed individual. Problem is, said death has been ruled and by all appearances was suicide, with the victim in question having been resurrected from backup and suspecting foul play.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just discovered the joy of "Canada's Worst Driver" (even though I live several thousand miles AWAY from Canada) and I have to admit i find it to be a pretty funny and entertaining show. I do agree that they need to make BIG changes on how they get their licenses though.
Radio Blue Heart

I just discovered the joys of "Star Vs. The Forces of Evil". It is part of a long line of recent, very smart, very funny animated shows, like "Adventure Time" and "Gravity Falls".

There has been a rumor going around that "Freddy's Nightmares" will finally get a DVD release. This comes after it started showing on El Rey.

I have got some box sets of "Mystery Science Theater 3000". I forgot how much I loved that show.
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And another season of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen is airing so of course I am watching that.

Still waiting for Hotel Hell to come back though.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Big Hero 6 is getting a television series. Heck yeah!

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/02/big-her ... tv-series/
Seth Shepherd

Post by Seth Shepherd »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:And another season of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen is airing so of course I am watching that.

Still waiting for Hotel Hell to come back though.
I've never really gotten into Hell's Kitchen, but I do loved Chopped!!
ImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

So I'm watching Attack on Titan Junior High (the spin-off to Attack on Titan), and it's a very fun series.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Saturn381 wrote:So I'm watching Attack on Titan Junior High (the spin-off to Attack on Titan), and it's a very fun series.
I have only seen the regular Attack on Titan, what's Junior High like?
Hi Hi Pie
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

IdleCurator wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:So I'm watching Attack on Titan Junior High (the spin-off to Attack on Titan), and it's a very fun series.
I have only seen the regular Attack on Titan, what's Junior High like?
Basically you take Attack on Titan, and you put the series in a school setting and make it a comedy. Here's a couple of the episodes if you're curious.
Mod Edit: had to remove those links cause they were illegally up on youtube. but here's the whole series on Funimation's website: http://www.funimation.com/shows/attack- ... -high/home
Radio Blue Heart

I don't have netflix yet, but I have watched a few episodes of "Bojack Horseman", and wow, what a show. It is very funny, yet it can be very sad. It is probably the most emotionally complex animated comedy since South Park.

And it has furries.
-Virgil
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

I have just very recently binge watched ALL of the Animal Planet "Lost Tapes" episodes, every season, STRAIGHT....I WILL NOT BE SLEEPING FOR WEEKS... I will NEVER, Ever watch or read anything horror related Every again unless it's something I'm used to....
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I don't have netflix yet, but I have watched a few episodes of "Bojack Horseman", and wow, what a show. It is very funny, yet it can be very sad. It is probably the most emotionally complex animated comedy since South Park.

And it has furries.
Bojack is great! Season three should be airing soon; never thought I'd be excited for crippling depression!
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

anyone else watching the new Netflix Voltron series?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

so recently I've been watching a bunch of episodes of M*A*S*H. I can see why it's a classic. anyone else into some classic shows from before they were born?
(I also like Gilligan's Island and the 60's Batman show, plus some classic game shows)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I do, but haven't watched them in ages. sometimes i watch some with my mother, who tends to continue to watch them =P

Was really into the 60's batman as well. watched the movie. enjoyed this before the animated series so much. Shark Repelant.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Liam

Post by Liam »

(Did we have a dedicated animay thread? I forget.)

Little Witch Academia comes to a close with two episodes left. Probably the best show this season (followed closely by Atom: The Beginning). High points are the imaginative writing, animation and the humanist core of its storytelling.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Ok my roommate and I are currently obsessed with the goosebumps Television series so if anyone has a favorite episode they reccomend lemme know we've been jumping around since it doesn't really need to be watched in order.

(also star trek is very good omg guys why was I not told about this?)
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Liam

Post by Liam »

Seth wrote:(also star trek is very good omg guys why was I not told about this?)
Check out DS9, easily the best show of the bunch.