The Date Night Thread!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Hera Ledro

The Date Night Thread!

Post by Hera Ledro »

WARNING: KEEP IT PG! Nothing explicit.

This is a silly thread for anybody who has a date to post about it. Dates are something to look forward to, to be happy about; sharing that special moment with somebody else. So if you want, post here about your date! Who are you taking? Where are you going? What are your plans? How long have you been going out? Anything you feel comfortable sharing, share it. This is a place for us to show our happiness, so please try and keep the discussions small, but go all-out with your date descriptions. But make sure you keep it PG; neither I, nor I expect the mods, will brook cussing, descriptions of explicit nature, or anything really beyond flirtations and kissing and the like. As an example:
Hera Ledro wrote:I've got a date tonight with a nice guy from Cole Harbour. Just met him the other night, spoke to each other, now we're going to do dinner and a game night! Really looking forward to it, since it's only the second person I've been with that I've wanted to get into a relationship.
Kind of like that, but if you want to add more non-explicit details, fill your boots! Goes without saying, but mods have every right to edit and/or delete posts and threads if they find it too inappropriate, so please don't give them a reason to do that.
MrNeonShot

Re: The Date Night Thread!

Post by MrNeonShot »

Forever alone...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I have a feeling this thread won't get a lot of attention. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

This thread reminds me how alone and miserable I am.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Rollofthedice

Post by Rollofthedice »

Man, I love Date Night. Tina Fey really pulled off her role well. What a talented comedienne.
Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I'm ashamed of myself both for being dateless and for being happy at not being the only one.
Hera Ledro wrote:I've got a date tonight with a nice guy from Cole Harbour. Just met him the other night, spoke to each other, now we're going to do dinner and a game night! Really looking forward to it, since it's only the second person I've been with that I've wanted to get into a relationship.
A honest question, here:
Were you going to make or have dinner?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Dateless seems like such a negative term. I prefer "I have schedule flexibility" : p
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Never even had a significant other. Maybe I should start looking for one...
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

I'm not much of a dating person but I have had one good date. We went to a hibachi restaurant, movies, the beach and the grocery store (ran out of places to go).
That relationship lasted about a week.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Wow. That pretty much sounds like what I would do with my date (If I had one). Except for the grocery store.

I guess that's why I haven't wanted to date before. Too much pressure in having a girlfriend and trying to keep her happy. (Although if I really had to work to keep her happy, instead of us just being happy by being together, I would probably end the relationship anyway)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I can't remember what I do on most dates. They're fun though.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

JeffCvt wrote:Wow. That pretty much sounds like what I would do with my date (If I had one). Except for the grocery store.

I guess that's why I haven't wanted to date before. Too much pressure in having a girlfriend and trying to keep her happy. (Although if I really had to work to keep her happy, instead of us just being happy by being together, I would probably end the relationship anyway)
Don't dwell of the pressure of making her happy but more of having a good time, and you both will be happy. Act like shes your good friend but still be a gentleman.

We actually had fun at the grocery store.

Why am I talking about dating on this website? Things have changed!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Although it wasn't really a date date, I dig spend a day with my friend(who just happens to be a female), then we went to Subway and got some hoggies, then capped it all off by going to the movies to watch Rango.

Which reminds me: Rick, are you or have you ever been on a date?
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Hera Ledro

Post by Hera Ledro »

Silly Zealot wrote:I'm ashamed of myself both for being dateless and for being happy at not being the only one.
That's becoming an unfortunate trend D: I'm sorry that this thread has made everybody feel so lonely
Silly Zealot wrote:Were you going to make or have dinner?
Go out, but that was just an example xD I do have a date tomorrow for lunch and some other things =3 Thinking a cheap place for lunch, but it's just our first date. We'll see how it goes ;D
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

44R0NM10 wrote:I can't remember what I do on most dates. They're fun though.
I've come to realize that, despite you being one of the most frequent posters on this forums, I truly know nothing about you.

And now you say that you have had plenty of dates? Do tell! Do tell! : )
Hera Ledro wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:I'm ashamed of myself both for being dateless and for being happy at not being the only one.
That's becoming an unfortunate trend D: I'm sorry that this thread has made everybody feel so lonely.
Not me. That's something I remind myself pretty much every day of my life. ;)
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I typically do the long-distance thing. I've met so few of my boy/girlfriends offline that it's almost hysterical. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You're too charming for that. You need to find one. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

This is where I say I've had three previous boyfriends and currently dating someone for the past three months. I've been on a lot of dates. :P The last one, Monday, was going to Olive Garden for my mother's birthday with my parents and my boyfriend. Afterwards my boyfriend and I, all dressed up for the nice dinner, went shopping at the local mall together. I got some things for my dorm room and unbeknownst to him, I picked out a few things for his birthday next month.

Guys, don't feel bad for being single. It's great to be in a relationship but I've gone out with a handful of jerks in the past. X3
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Beagle wrote:Guys, don't feel bad for being single. It's great to be in a relationship but I've gone out with a handful of jerks in the past. X3

I remember my brother and I talking about being single vs in a relationship, I won the argument when Valentines day rolled around and I still had money in my pocket :mrgreen:. I think I can speak for everyone when I say there's choosing to be single and then there's being single. Not having a choice sucks, I'd know =(. I'm actually a little afraid to get into one because of some past events that have happened in my life.

Does hanging out with girls count? Cause I did a lot of that. I've actually really never been in anything to serious yet.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

If it's not romantic, it's not a date, it's just going/hanging out with a she-friend.

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tatsuo wrote:I remember my brother and I talking about being single vs in a relationship, I won the argument when Valentines day rolled around and I still had money in my pocket :mrgreen:.
I kind of find that offensive, to be honest. XD As a girl myself, I have to ask: would you feel the same way if you were to spend the same amount of money as a gentleman would on Valentine's Day, only for your best friend's birthday, on something you knew that would make him/her incredibly happy? I'm one of the cheapest people out there but I don't mind occasionally splurging for someone I care about on a special occasion.

My boyfriend and I go dutch on everything. I've turned down all of his offers to let him pay for the entire date, instead substituting it for gas money, as I have a car and he does not. It works out pretty 50/50 in the end.

I agree with Zealot. If it's not romantic, it's not a date. XD
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Beagle wrote:
Tatsuo wrote:I remember my brother and I talking about being single vs in a relationship, I won the argument when Valentines day rolled around and I still had money in my pocket :mrgreen:.
I kind of find that offensive, to be honest. XD As a girl myself, I have to ask: would you feel the same way if you were to spend the same amount of money as a gentleman would on Valentine's Day, only for your best friend's birthday, on something you knew that would make him/her incredibly happy? I'm one of the cheapest people out there but I don't mind occasionally splurging for someone I care about on a special occasion.
:mrgreen: It wasn't meant to be offensive, I just found it funny when it happened. As the whole friend to friend thing I'd like to think it would depend on the situation. I believe the difference between V day and B day is that one you feel obligated to do and the other as a choice. Don't get me wrong I loved Valentines day back in school. But Valentines day is that one day that if you don't buy or splurge on your significant other, even though you may have spent money on them just the other day, your all of a sudden demonized and thrown into the pit of dismay. I'm not saying V Day is judgment day, but I hate the fact that you Have to buy em something. At least that's with my brother and what I see happens to my friends.

Now to do something romantic and not have to buy them something is totally different. I'd like to think that would be awesome instead of having to give them materiel possessions.

Beagle wrote:My boyfriend and I go dutch on everything. I've turned down all of his offers to let him pay for the entire date, instead substituting it for gas money, as I have a car and he does not. It works out pretty 50/50 in the end.

I agree with Zealot. If it's not romantic, it's not a date. XD

Aww sad face. And to think of all the flirting we did.... Oh and you're the exception. I'm old fashion when it comes to the first few dates, but after that it's nice to see the girl wanting to spend her own money when going out. It shows she's not for the ride, and that she actually enjoys spending time with you.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Do you split everything, or do you alternate? I'm a fan of the latter approach; it's cute when someone pays for their significant other, and alternating keeps it even!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

I have no idea. I haven't gone on enough dates to know. So it's tough to say. Me, I'd be open to whatever. I think it would depend on the girl.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'd probably offer to pay for most of the stuff if I ever went on a date. Because that's just kind of the guy I am.

And it wouldn't be cheap either. If we did what I wanted to do and I paid for all of it, I would probably be set back a good $80-$100.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

JeffCvt wrote:I'd probably offer to pay for most of the stuff if I ever went on a date. Because that's just kind of the guy I am.

And it wouldn't be cheap either. If we did what I wanted to do and I paid for all of it, I would probably be set back a good $80-$100.

Aren't we a big spender =P. *Said jokingly*. A good friend of mine once told me to keep it casual on the first few dates. Nothing to fancy.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tatsuo wrote: But Valentines day is that one day that if you don't buy or splurge on your significant other, even though you may have spent money on them just the other day, your all of a sudden demonized and thrown into the pit of dismay. I'm not saying V Day is judgment day, but I hate the fact that you Have to buy em something. At least that's with my brother and what I see happens to my friends.

Now to do something romantic and not have to buy them something is totally different. I'd like to think that would be awesome instead of having to give them materiel possessions.
Honestly if someone is going to throw a huge fit only because they didn't get anything for Valentine's Day, wouldn't you think that perhaps they're just a bit shallow and not mature enough for a relationship? If someone blows up at you for not getting them anything on Valentine's Day, there's probably a bigger issue in the relationship than that (this is almost always the real reason a girl gets upset, it's not because you didn't buy her "material possessions"). Or you're dating the wrong person.

Valentine's Day is just a special occasion. Around Christmas time, you can hear parents budgeting their money by telling their kids "No" to toys they keep picking out in the stores. If they go ahead and spend all of their money now, what's left on Christmas Day? Women know that their dates are not inexpendible ATMs, and if it's near Valentine's Day she will get the hint behind the cheap dates.

We also totally dig it when guys do something romantic if they don't have a lot of money. You guys don't get to hear about how much we brag about you guys to our friends when you cook dinner for us or do something else that's totally sweet. And yes, women say lots of nice things about their boyfriends. We really don't complain or gossip as much as daytime TV makes it out to be. And when two people start complaining much more than complimenting, the relationship is most likely nearing its end.
Hera Ledro

Post by Hera Ledro »

See, I've always found that the important part of Valentine's day - and really, any day you take someone out on a date - is not that you spend oodles of money on them, but that you take the time to spend time with each other. Even if it's not a whole-day thing, spending time with your loved one and doing things together is really the basis of any date. Now I just need to get one and hold onto it >_>
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I like people that date, but I'm not a dater myself. I just ain't into committing into a long-time relationship. </3

Power to you guys, though. :D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Hera Ledro

Post by Hera Ledro »

It's something that happens as you get older, you find yourself seeking companionship. To each his own; some people don't ever get that, some people are dependent on it.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It was something I was seeking when I was growing up. But I began to question with all the things I saw in life, I doubt I could ever commit to a long-term relationship. Not that I would be bad, I had alot of awesome ideas. I just didn't want to take the chances. Where I'm at, you have to move to make a budget or live at home and enjoy whatever you can live off of in life. Expanding into a relationship down here is very risky as opposed to some places like Toronto from what I saw, and to top it off, I don't drive in a area where driving is a must.
Hera Ledro

Post by Hera Ledro »

Cobra, just saw your profile and HI THAR FELLOW SCOTIA-(ite?).

Yeah, I just find that dating itself is difficult to get into. I want it a lot though; getting tired of being on my own, want some human companionship beyond just a friend.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beagle wrote:We also totally dig it when guys do something romantic if they don't have a lot of money. You guys don't get to hear about how much we brag about you guys to our friends when you cook dinner for us or do something else that's totally sweet. And yes, women say lots of nice things about their boyfriends. We really don't complain or gossip as much as daytime TV makes it out to be. And when two people start complaining much more than complimenting, the relationship is most likely nearing its end.
Walks in nature and stuff are really nice too. :3
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:Walks in nature and stuff are really nice too. :3
Where i'm at? We have one of the best places to walk at. It's got alot of ducks, two roads on the side of a river that lead to an ocean with a main bridge and four tiny bridges, a huge tunnel, and a fun stream to play on with paper boats. It's nearly endless. When I was a kid, i followed that river just to see where it would end. When it started to get too deep into lost territory, I would setup a boat race there. It is awesome =3

I'm thinking of getting a camera and showing everyone it someday on this forum. <3
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

I've actually been on very few dates, all of which the other person actually asked me out. Hehe ^///^ It was never anything fancy, but it always feels nice to be asked out.

Also, I've been wanting to ask someone out recently but dont know if they feel the same about me. AGH I hate being so shy and nervous all the time. :P Hopefully soon I'll have the courage to ask him out. :P

And Beagle, I just wanted to say that there is so much truth to your words and I agree with you 100%
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Zavryn wrote:I've actually been on very few dates, all of which the other person actually asked me out. Hehe ^///^ It was never anything fancy, but it always feels nice to be asked out.

Also, I've been wanting to ask someone out recently but dont know if they feel the same about me. AGH I hate being so shy and nervous all the time. :P Hopefully soon I'll have the courage to ask him out. :P

Good luck man. I wish you luck =)

Zavryn wrote:And Beagle, I just wanted to say that there is so much truth to your words and I agree with you 100%

As do I. Perhaps the internet, along with the influences on my life have made me the way I am. Maybe one day I'll truly know what valentines means...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I had a date weekend with my boyfriend a few weeks back. It was nice to hold paws, take a dip in the hotel pool, and other things that would make for a perfectly nice weekend.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:]Walks in nature and stuff are really nice too. :3
My local park has a nature trail, and it's really nice to walk together with a date. <3

@Gamecobra- That sounds amazing! I would love to see it!
Also I have noticed that it's the same in my area. If you're not careful, you end up having kids and end up stuck in this little town in the middle of nowhere, scraping a living in a community that doesn't make anything above minimum wage. The trick is to find someone who sees this too and get out together (maybe through like university or something) or meet someone in a city where there are much better conditions to make a living and have a better quality of life.

@Hera- Take it from someone with experience: the best relationships happen when you've really stopped looking. Being happy and independent are very attractive qualities.

@Zavryn- It's alright, I'm a girl and I've asked out every boyfriend I've ever had except one. I've accepted the fact that most of the guys I would be interested in do not notice my flirting unless I blatantly say that I want to date them. XD

And then there's those times when I'm single and not interested in anyone in particular so I'm just being a flirt. X3
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Beagle wrote:@Hera- Take it from someone with experience: the best relationships happen when you've really stopped looking. Being happy and independent are very attractive qualities.
I tell people this all the blasted time. It worked for me.
Hera Ledro

Post by Hera Ledro »

Yeah, I figure that I should stop trying and just do my thing anyways.
Tha Housefox wrote:I had a date weekend with my boyfriend a few weeks back. It was nice to hold paws, take a dip in the hotel pool, and other things that would make for a perfectly nice weekend.
Lucky within the automobile! Good on you =D