Backwards Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

mathgrant

Backwards Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by mathgrant »

[not on topic]
Buckdida wrote:Due to no fault of your own, the game there kinda died, derailed like nobody's business. You wouldn't mind trying again, would you? Just call it, "Backwards thread: attempt 2" or something, and I'll lock the other thread. To bad it got derailed...

-Buck
Buckdida. . . you are awesome. I've been wondering how to get things back on track, and that's the awesomest idea ever! :D

Just like before, the goal here is to pretend to have a backwards conversation, where the first post (this one) is the last post of the pretend conversation, the next post is what the previous post is replying to, et cetera. Remember, backwards, not forwards![/not]

Wait a minute. . . you paid THAT much? I can't believe anyone would pay that much for that.

P.S. Your avatar scares me.
Alex

Re: Backwards Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Alex »

No, I didn't get it for free, I paid $4.000 for that! Will you please stop saying that I got it for free, it's annoying. I WORKED for that money!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

So you got a 72 inch hi def TV with 1080i for free? how does one go about getting it for free (cough stolen cough).
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Yeah, that commercial was wild. Which reminds me, I found this 72 inch hi def TV with 1080i a couple days ago. It was so cool looking, I just had to take it home with me. So, I went tinto the shop, got it, and took it home. Now I can actually use the surround sound system I got for Christmas.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Hey dude! Did you see that new commercial that was on T.V. for some new Resturaunt? Pretty cool huh?
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Yeah, you're right. That is a pretty commonly spelled word, just like "desperate" and "restaurant". Here's a hint: "desperate" has "era" in it (think of the Depression, and how it was a desperate era), and "restaurant" has "aura" in it (think of the aura of delicious food at a restaurant).

Now that I mentioned that, someone will probably misspell one of those words on purpose just to defy me. Hmmph.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ok, as long as we're talking about essays, I have a quick question. I was writing an essay awhile back, and I had to use the word ubiquitous, but, for the life of me, I couldn't remember how to spell it! And when I asked some friends of mine, no one could think of it! I eventually got it, but is that a hard word to spell, or is it just me?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Heh, you got it easy. We pretty much had to memorize MLA format by sophomore year of high school, and we had to have perfect spelling, or we automatically failed the paper. That's why I'm sick of pink, because I had to wade endless pages of fansites getting the correct spellings of various German proper names for an 800 word report on Barbie.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Please, you can't just cut up sentences like that, it sounds too choppy. Trust me, writing a story is not a simple task. Dialogue is easier because the characters lines just bounce off each other; actually stringing together a complete narrative is a whole different story. Essays don't have a story or dialogue between characters, it's just straight facts; as long we addressed everything in the subject, no one was strict on us about the format until the middle of junior year.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

That essay you wrote on boxing reminds me that I've had constant nightmares of Mike Tyson biting my ear. In fact, seeing an ear being bitten or with a bite out of it brings back the most horrid, and terrible, memories. Yeeesh.

I suppose I should be thankful I was spared of the pain of essay writing; I was pulled out of school in fifth grade because of self-esteem issues, so if we learned anything about essays, it was the really basic five-paragraph stuff. I had to write an essay to pass my GED, though; I was scared that the essay would be the death of me, but I passed with flying colors.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I despise essay writing too! It seems every single thing we do in English nowadays we have to write at least a thousand-word essay about it afterward!

On that note, I actually wrote an essay on that exact boxing match! I think I showed it to someone on these forums, actually! Peer review is the best, but I don't think he liked it very much.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Oh man, I just wrote an essay about that exact thing! I already hate essays as it is, and I couldn't concentrate! All I could think of was the final boxing scene in the first Rocky movie! I think I bombed the essay, but the boxing match in my head was pretty cool.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

I love writing essays for English class, since I usually do a good job and is usually the only way the school lets me be creative.

I once wrote a persuasive essay on why our schools should have waterless urinals and got a perfect score! (I kid you not, that actually did happen).
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

You know what I'm mysteriously good at? Essays. I've never really liked writing them (Who does, though?), but I have never gotten a bad grade on one.

Man, college is like one continuous essay, especially if you take advanced history or literature classes, but I've even had them in simple classes like Intro to Mass Communications and Laws of Communication.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

So, school has been driving me crazy lately, and I'm just wondering, based off of what you said, there's something you're good at in school, but what on Earth could that be? I just can't stand school, you see, so anyone liking anything about school intrigues me.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

I was thinking of a reason to make a thread, and I was like, REVELATION

Finals, yo. Pretty chill y/n? Personally I knocked them all out of the park this semester. One of them was, you had the choice of making a movie, so I did it, and it was awesome. It was only something me and my classmates would be able to stand because of the production values, so I won't show it to you guys, but it was fun. 8-)

Or maybe this could be a general school thread. Your choice.
------------------------------------------
"Oh, would you look at that, he made the OP. Well, guess it's time to make up another thread and start from the last post. But let's not start a new metathread, let's put it in this one."

hint hint
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

[not part of game]Okay.[/npog]

I. . . never even considered that idea, nor do I think I want to, thankyouveryverymuch.

I'll never be able to look at water the same way again. :X
The Game

Post by The Game »

Have you ever thought about how Katara used her sweat to water bend...did she put it back in her pouch?? Ew! Maybe they drank it later...nasty!!!
and yes, i needed an avatar reference SOMEWHERE in here
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Well, yeah, they used some wierd substances to bend with in that series, but, not so much creepy. Especially with water; other than that "blood-bending" deal, I don't think there were any really disturbing scenarios with waterbending.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN