The Date Night Thread!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: The Date Night Thread!

Post by copper »

I have had a few dates, but nothing materialized into a relationship yet, at least offline. I have had a few great online relationships, one of which being with a certain forumite and moderator. :P

Usually on dates, I start off by taking them to eat either at this nice little pastry shop I know of, or some asian inspired place. Heh, I am a sucker for octopus and squid. Then I will take them somewhere we can talk, like a walk in the park or downtown, or sometimes to a cafe by a popular pond for people watching. We usually end things by me dropping them off where we met, maybe a kiss goodbye, but that is where things usually end. Although there is this one guy I keep meeting up with as friends... we had a date, but then things cooled off but there is still attraction there.

As for paying, I am split. I usually always pay when I can, but I am not averse to them paying. I go by a little rule. If I ask them out, I pay the first few dates. If they ask me out, I let them pay for at least the first date.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

I've had a few good dates myself, with my past few girlfriends (and me being a very 'boyish' girl) I usually take it upon myself to play the guy role in dates and relationships. So I usually ask them out, pick the places to go and pay for most of it. (up until my current Girlfriend) My current GF is rather wealthy due to being part of the very large family business corporation, so she's noticed I'm scraping by on money and has started to pay 50% or all (if she wants to go somewhere specific but I have no money.) For our next big 'date'/holiday we're planning on going to america (California, where her family is from) for a couple of weeks. Luckily we don't have to pay for the flight or hotel or anything cause the flight is being payed for by her dad and we're staying in her families guess house (which is bigger than my house x_x).

[p.s: this kinda looks all made up now that I reread it, guess I'm just freaking stupid lucky. <3]

And to all you single folks out there, 'There's someone for everyone, and if they're not around, there's always someone to bide time with- *bricked'
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

America for a few weeks? That's a lot of time to spend on vacay with someone who's just a girlfriend.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Yeah well we live 4 hours apart by train (two hours once I've moved for uni) so when we see each other it's for like a week or two pretty much living together. A few weeks together during the winter holidays isn't much more than we normal are. When we're together we're pretty much attached at the hip anyways. xD
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'