Musician's Thread/Discussion

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Musician's Thread/Discussion

Post by Sleet »

I've used Audacity before for simple edits that FL Studio is a bit too "much" for.

Also I just realized I got FL Studio for Christmas almost a year ago and still haven't made a single song with it. I feel like such a bad musician/son/daughter. :'(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

Sleet wrote:I've used Audacity before for simple edits that FL Studio is a bit too "much" for.

Also I just realized I got FL Studio for Christmas almost a year ago and still haven't made a single song with it. I feel like such a bad musician/son/daughter. :'(
I feel that way when I haven't played one of my guitars/basses in a long time. Like, I feel they're watching me playing and thinking, 'when's it gonna be my turn?'
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I haven't played my saxophone for a long time. Unfortunately we're in different states at the moment so I kind of have an excuse. I do miss it though. I recently bought a new book with popular songs and a CD to play along with but I've hardly had a chance to use it. It would be nice to be able to fit it when I come up at the start of the semester for university but I have to bring so much stuff already that I can't. I have to fly by the way, so that severely limits what I can take.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Sleet wrote:Also I just realized I got FL Studio for Christmas almost a year ago and still haven't made a single song with it. I feel like such a bad musician/son/daughter. :'(
I don't blame you. I've used it on and off since version 5 and it still feels weird to use. Making cheap electronic-styled music? it's perfect. Recording actual instruments and mics? does it (and can do it well) but feels clunky.

Wanted to chime in about Reaper, which I'm finding to be a VERY capable multitrack recorder and quite affordable for what it offers. It handled recording a basement band for 1 year and change on 8 simultaneous channels going for hours a session without a glitch!