The wrath of Don (CYOA)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Jimmy Jazz

The wrath of Don (CYOA)

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Heading: through the Java Ocean and into the Pacific.

Ship: the "Jude" LR2 (Large Range 2) Oil tanker. Carrying roughly 200,000 (DWT) of crude oil from a Oil Field found in the Indian ocean by American Oil Company's.

File number 928235, Male named Cameron Gifford, Currently working on the LR2 Oil tanker; The "Jude"

"Pahhahaha, you always lose these poker games Man" laughed Joshua slapping down his straight flush. "D**n it!" Cameron said flicking the cards onto the table, he didn't have anything. "Like I said, I play for keeps" Joshua said using his arm to slide the dollar bills closer to him. "Oooooh! there's even a twenty in here..." Joshua said holding up the bill "I love Jackson, I mean who doesn't?" he said pocketing the twenty as he started counting the pile of one's in front of him. Cameron stood up "I'm going to go get some more drinks, you want anything ya lucky punk?" Cameron asked as he walked towards the Crew Quarters. "Nah, I'm good. For all I know you might put raw eggs into it or something to get back at me" Joshua said licking his finger and started counting the wad of money he just organised.

"I don't even think we have eggs" Cameron said walking into the hall. The hallway went a short way and then led to the deck, but he took one of the doors past the staircase that went up to the Bridge. he pushed the door open and walked past Evan who was sleeping on his bed. "Hey, wake up man. get on your own freaking bed" Cameron said tugging on the blanket Evan was sleeping on causing him to fall on the floor. "Oi! what!?" Evan yelled sitting up. "Oh, right, sorry" he said getting up and walking to his bed which was on the end. Evan collapsed onto his bed and promptly rolled over to face the wall with a "Hmpf" Cameron looked around and then crouched by his bed and popped out a little handle in the side of his bunk revealing a somewhat large compartment. He quickly unzipped the cooler that had a bright red outside with "OhioState" on it. He pulled out a Southpaw Light and then zipped the cooler back up and shut the compartment making sure it was properly hidden.
Cameron stood up and walked out into the hall where he was about to crack the beer open when he heard a loud grinding noise from the deck. Evan sat up in the Quarters and yelled after Cameron "what the heck was THAT?" Cameron simply shrugged.

A: Go check out the noise.

B: Ignore it, it was nothing.

C: Go ask the Captain if he knew what it was.

(I write story, and then you chose from the options above to see what happens next. and we eventually end up with a big story which you helped out. and then you can yell "AND I HELPED" at the end of the story.)
Last edited by Jimmy Jazz on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

what what? Jolly good time.
Missingo

Re: The wrath of Don (CYOA)

Post by Missingo »

A, of course :3

AND I HELPED!
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Evan
You so did that on purpose
B because Evan needs his beauty sleep
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

I would have to say A!
Make Pasta not war.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm gonna be a nonconformist here and say C.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Teh Brawler wrote:I'm gonna be a nonconformist here and say C.
I non-conformed first.

I actually kind of expected C to be the most popular, because if there is some kind of big noise, well, if the captain doesn't know what it is then he certainly should be informed at least.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Ebly wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:I'm gonna be a nonconformist here and say C.
I non-conformed first.

I actually kind of expected C to be the most popular, because if there is some kind of big noise, well, if the captain doesn't know what it is then he certainly should be informed at least.
Since when does anyone do anything logical in CYOA?
Make Pasta not war.
Jack

Post by Jack »

im gonna go with B and throws in a little "and take a nap in a corner".
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

I choose A for being impulsive about situations.

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

(A it is.)

Cameron zipped up his coat half way and then beer still in his hand, he started walking down the hall towards the door leading to the deck. He causally pushed the door open and walked out side looking around. No one on deck. he yawned slightly and zipped his coat the rest of the way up. There was another loud grinding noise from the other side of the ship like metal on metal. he cringed at the noise and looked around towards the noise, of course he couldn't see the cause of the noise. the tower was in the way. taking a sip of his beer he leaned around the corner taking a peek and praying that it wasn't a stray Iceberg or something.

Cameron didn't see anything but he started walking down the width of the ship. He stepped around the corner and saw two Giant Tortoises. only they had Chrome Armour where they're shell would've been. there was also what looked like a cannon bolted to the top of the two Tortoises. He looked wide eyed at the two things and they looked slowly back with large Visors protecting their heads. Cameron turned the beer in his hand to look at the ingredients list and stared at it for a moment. but then one of the Totoises fired the cannon at Cameron with a loud BOOM, he felt the cannon's wind as it missed him by inches. he heard a loud *THAANG* as the cannon ball impacted the railings on the far side of the ship and tore them to pieces.

and with that he ran as fast as he could back towards the door into the cabin. he skidded around the corner and rushed back into the hallway looking back and forth between the Quarters and the stairs leading to the Captains perch. he quickly decided to go and tell Joshua and the others. "Josh! oh my god Josh!" Cameron yelled running into the dim room with the table and chairs placed around it. Joshua was playing poker with Smith. "Oh Sweet Jesus! Smith, Josh, you are not going to believe this" Cameron said running up to the table and placing his hands firmly on it. "Hit me, I hope this has something to do with the loud noises outside. Captain came down here to ask us if we knew what was going on, he's down in the engine room to see if that made the noise." Smith said. "Sit down and explain over a game of Poker, we where just about to start." Joshua said slapping the chair nearest him. "THIS ISN'T THE TIME FOR POKER D**N IT" Cameron shouted.

"Alright alright! it isn't the time for poker" Joshua said raising his hands "What's going on?" Smith asked. "There are two really big... Turtle... tank.. things out there! I KNOW it sounds Ridiculous but its true! they have hug-" he was saying to Smith and Joshua who where almost laughing at the supposed joke. But he was cut off by a large Explosion noise that left a ringing in their ears. "I TOLD YOU" Cameron shouted but no one could hear him. once the ringing resided and there was only the noise of stomping from the hall Cameron said "I told you!" again "What the h**l?!" Joshua said getting up and looking out into the hall. he quickly pulled back "Crap... you're right" Joshua said with wide eyes. "What?" Smith said getting up off the floor which he dived onto after the explosion. he got up and looked into the hall himself.

"What the heck do we do now!?" Joshua said. "I..." Cameron started.

A: Run into the engine room, there might be a hiding place down there. even if somehow the turtle tanks get down into the Engine room.

B: Make a run for the Captains Perch, maybe you can find a way to hold out there.

C: Make a shot for the life boats.

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

C. First rule of of ships: if there's something creating holes, and you're not the captain, get out of there.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Abandon Ship!!!!! (C)

Icharus

Post by Icharus »

Man, sounds like something out of a bad dream.

C. That thing's a freaking oil tanker, getting shot up by giant cannons. I wouldn't try to stick it out onboard.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

You guys are selfish.

A, because the captain is in there, dangit.

(And because evacuation makes for a boring story. "I was on the titanic, but I made it off safely. End story.")
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ebly wrote:You guys are selfish.

A, because the captain is in there, dangit.

(And because evacuation makes for a boring story. "I was on the titanic, but I made it off safely. End story.")
Premature death of the protagonist makes for a boring story as well.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

C! Make a run for it...coward!
Make Pasta not war.
The Game

Post by The Game »

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

I choose... Option B, just to be different
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

ArgentFlame wrote:I choose... Option B, just to be different
I think C is going to win but yes, you are different from everyone else. *Thumbs up*
Make Pasta not war.
The Game

Post by The Game »

ArgentFlame wrote:I choose... Option B, just to be different
If by different you you mean blown up, then sure :D

And Dude you put Ohio State in there!!! I officially love you now! :lol:
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

(Sorry I haven't updated. it was a mix of a bunch of baby goats, Tae-Kwon-Do, and not wanting to write this. Also, I put Ohio state in there because the cooler in question was a few feet away.)

(also C wins by 4 votes)

"...I think we should make a shot for the life boats, this place is blowing up for god sakes!" Cameron said as the pounding footsteps got closer and closer. "but those things are in the way!" Smith shouted "uh... uh... run really fast" he said around the room for something, if anything, to protect him in the hall. "What kind of plan is that?" Smith said peeking out the door and quickly pulling back. "A simple one" Cameron said quickly running out of the room. he looked down the hall and saw the Giant Turtle stomping down the hall. as quick as he could, he sprinted down the hall ducking when he thought the cannon was going to fire, but it didn't he dove into the stair well to the captains perch and yelled "I MADE IT! COME ON GUYS!" and with that made the last 10 feet out the door. he quickly crawled to the wall beside the hall taking a quick breather as he heard more footsteps from the hall and Smith lept out and lay sprawled on the deck. "thank god you made it!" Cameron said standing up and dragging smith behind cover. "those things are ser-" smith said but was cut off by the loud explosion of a cannon and a cannon ball flew out knocking the door aside with such force that if Smith and Cameron where on the receiving end of that door, they would be flat as pancakes. "WAIT FOR MEEEEE!" came Joshua's voice from the hall. there was another Explosion of a cannon only this time instead of the grinding of metal on metal there was a sickening crunch and the ball flew out the door and into the ocean. "Oh s***" Cameron said.

"L-... l-lets get out of here" Smith said turning around and looking for the life boat. Cameron shivered as the stomping of the turtle tanks resumed and then followed smith who was already in the life boat ready for take off with Evan. "Look who else made it!" Smith shouted "now lets get off this muffins and cookies boat before they find us!" Cameron jogged over to the boat and jumped in. with that Smith let the life boat fall into the water with a loud splash. Evan started filling the engine with the first gallon of fuel and started the little boats engine up "Hopefully this will be enough Gasoline to get us to some land" Evan said grimly as they zoomed away from the oil
tanker. "Oh god, what about Josh, and the Captain, and the rest of the crew?" Smith said rubbing his face wearily "we'll just have to hope they make it..." Cameron said sitting back in the boat himself. The boat was deathly silent except for the splash of the waves and the purr of the engine. as the boat got further and further away Cameron got more and more nervous. "So, those things where Giant sea turtles with cannons on their backs?" Cameron said "yeah seems like it... no one is going to believe us..." Smith said. he shook his head "Not exactly what I'm thinking, but that's true." Evan raised an eyebrow "What where you thinking?" "so these things are monsters from the ocean right? and we.. just abandoned a large metal ship for the supposed safety of a small rubber craft...." Smith's eyes went wide "Oh sh-" he started but was suddenly grabbed from behind by slimly greens hands that looked like sea-weed and was pulled under the waves. "SMITH!" Evan yelled scrambling to the side of the boat to look into the Ocean. suddenly a huge spike punctured the bottom of the boat with a loud hiss the boat started to deflate as whatever had impaled their boat started to writhe. "C**P! C******P!" yelled Cameron as he was tossed about the floor of the boat. when he looked up Evan had disappeared too.
"EVAN!? SMITH?!" Cameron yelled hysterically. looking around the quickly deflating boat. He was suddenly thrown into the ocean by the boat that was swinging back and forth across the surface of the water.

He swam to the surface gasped for air. there was no sign that anything had happened except for the fact that he was in the water and there was no boat. there wasn't even a trace of the boat or of Evan, nor Smith. "what the h***" he said seriously freaked out. he started swimming back to the oil tanker because it seemed like the only sensible thing although he wasn't sure how he was going to get back on board. "Smith! Evan!" he yelled once and then felt something grab his ankle "Fuuuu" he screamed as he was quickly dragged under the waves his eyes burned from the salt water and his mouth tasted horrible. he struggled against the force pulling him deeper into the darkness, but this only made him run out of air even faster. he tried to gasp for air but only dragged in water and felt his brain slowly go dim. or was that just him falling deeper into the depths? he wasn't.... sure... any more....

(Annnd, He's dead, Great job guys, Greeaaat Job. I'll make another post tomorrow continuing the story a few days later.)

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

So, let me get this straight: he escaped from the boat in one piece, and died in the life boat. I call foul on the part of the author.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

What did you expect was going to happen when you git on a tiny boat when sea monsters are attacking?
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ArgentFlame wrote:What did you expect was going to happen when you git on a tiny boat when sea monsters are attacking?
...Narg.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
The Game

Post by The Game »

I enforce that foul. Plus, i give it 1 red card 1 yellow card and -5 starz...
I didnt want him to flipping die dude!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Well, haven't any of you ever done one of those CYOA books before? So many ways to die. Or get arrested.

And has anyone seen the CYOA adventure that Ctrl-Alt-Del did? That story ended with the main character falling through a ventilation shaft into a running fan. It turned out messy.

Death or bad endings are always part of a CYOA. Call foul if you wish, but it's part of the game.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
The Game

Post by The Game »

Buckdida wrote:Well, haven't any of you ever done one of those CYOA books before? So many ways to die. Or get arrested.

And has anyone seen the CYOA adventure that Ctrl-Alt-Del did? That story ended with the main character falling through a ventilation shaft into a running fan. It turned out messy.

Death or bad endings are always part of a CYOA. Call foul if you wish, but it's part of the game.
Was that a play on words or just a coincidence?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I call foul on the part of the 'voters'.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

oh snap...>_>