A project

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

RaptorAnton

Re: A project

Post by RaptorAnton »

And I've heard that crime level is incredibly low in Canada (and 90% of crimes are made by guys, that came from America)
I'm from Russia, so please, don't pay attention to my terrible accent ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I will believe that when I see some statistics generated by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Strange how far we've come from a school project on the Battle of Stalingrad, isn't it? Hmm.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Just like in normal conversation - when you start on one topic and and with absolutely other, not even connected to the first one...
See me on DeviantArt.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Isn't that what the chat topic is for?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

No. Chat topic is for speaking about everything and nothing at the same time. And here we speak about historical facts and stereotypes in modern society.
See me on DeviantArt.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Right okay, sorry, but that makes no sense. First you compare what you are doing with a 'normal conversation', then when suggested you should move your normal conversation to a topic aimed at having normal conversations, you refuse and give a paradoxical definition of what the Chat Topic really is. Er?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Lets say so: I just don't want to create a new topic every time, when we start speaking of something new, cause it will make me to create too many topics. A giant wave of fast-dying topics will come(!!!).
Tell me, who really cares what are we speaking about in this topic? We started from conversation on school project, but now, when project is finished long time ago - do we REALLY NEED to close this topic? Why not to continue speaking right here? We just can't really continue conversation on Stalingrad, but we want to continue speaking - right here anв right now. If this topic will be closed, I'll just create topic called "historical facts and stereotypes in modern society", as it's right what we are speaking about. And now tell me - do you really mind where are we speaking - here or there?)) Nonono, I understand, "rules and etc.", but why don't you just make a little exception?
See me on DeviantArt.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Not to step in where my advice is unwanted and I have no authority, but the chat thread is at least partially designed for that purpose.

Ideally, various topics would be discussed there and after one garnered a fair amount of interest from the community at large, a new thread could be started on that topic. This would ensure that we have quality discussion threads rather than a swarm of swiftly-dying ones with little or no interest. Just my opinion, but I don't think this conversation would be out of place in the chat thread.

RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

I have such a feeling, that this will end like a PM-messaging between me and Sketcherofstuff, cause this thread will be closed and I don't want to bring it to the chat thread.
See me on DeviantArt.
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

If this topic does end soon, I'd just like to say that I know for a fact that there have been less than four shootings in Ontario in the past twenty to thirty years. And all were commited by Americans. Sorry if I'm seeming unpatriotic, but it's true.
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

No problem, just link to where the information came from so I can see it with my own eyes. FYI, Regina and Sasketoon have gun violence levels consistent with comparably-sized U.S. cities and much higher violent crime rates in general (assault, rape, etc.) than even larger American population centers.

According to [[this]] article on Canadian crime statistics, there were 594 homicides in Ontario in 2007, a decrease from 606 the year before. The author fails to mention whether those crimes and the 30,000 robberies committed were all perpetrated by Americans, or how many of each involved guns.

RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Sketcherofstuff wrote:If this topic does end soon, I'd just like to say that I know for a fact that there have been less than four shootings in Ontario in the past twenty to thirty years. And all were commited by Americans. Sorry if I'm seeming unpatriotic, but it's true.
Patriotism - the highest form of narcissism, in which the one believe that one country is better than all the rest only because he was born in it.
Not my words, but I like this idea a lot.
-*-*-
And today I heared one song (russian), and there was such a strip:
"I love my country and hate the state"
See me on DeviantArt.
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Dissension wrote:No problem, just link to where the information came from so I can see it with my own eyes. FYI, Regina and Sasketoon have gun violence levels consistent with comparably-sized U.S. cities and much higher violent crime rates in general (assault, rape, etc.) than even larger American population centers.

According to [[this]] article on Canadian crime statistics, there were 594 homicides in Ontario in 2007, a decrease from 606 the year before. The author fails to mention whether those crimes and the 30,000 robberies committed were all perpetrated by Americans, or how many of each involved guns.
Really? Well, my source must be wrong then... :?
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Sketcherofstuff wrote:Really? Well, my source must be wrong then... :?
Your source must be TV, cause I've heard the same thing somewhere...
See me on DeviantArt.