Honor Robin's Memory

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

RatHead

Honor Robin's Memory

Post by RatHead »

SO guys, the Great Robin Williams died today at the young age of 63 (young compared to many actors and actresses), and I thought I might make a new topic in which we could all post things in remembrance of him.
Good things of course, funny memories of the first things we saw of him, favorite lines of his, and just talkin about him.
This is a topic to honor his memory though, so if anyone DID somehow dislike him or has anything bad to say, please do not say it here or I will ask for your comment to be removed, I would like for this topic just to be for the good things we all remember about him.

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Honor Robin's Memory

Post by Jacey »

He was in so many movies that I grew up watching. I thought he was hilarious in the night in the museum movies. I felt like my childhood died a bit.
He was a great comedian
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I'm going to be honest: I cried a bit throughout the night, and I bet i will some more, i mean, seeing what he's done all my life, from Aladdin, to his standup, to his more recent movies like Man of the Year (GREAT movie that I recommend seeing to anyone who hasn't), I agree with you in that another part of me has died (A few people that I greatly value have been taken from this world).

HP! Messenger
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Even though I haven't seen a lot of his movies, I'll always remember him as the Genie from Aladdin, Fender from Robots, and when he was on Whose Line is it Anyway. He will be missed.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Saturn381 wrote:and when he was on Whose Line is it Anyway. He will be missed.
You saw that one too!? Oh my gosh that is still one of my favorite whose line episodes, i mean with how he brought his top comedic things, and everyone stepped up their "game" to match, i watched it with my dad, and once we started laughing, we literally did not stop until about a few minutes after the episode ended, i think it was one of the longest times I continually laughed for!

And I haven't watched Aladdin in years, I've been going back to watch more movies from my childhood, as i absolutely LOVE The Lion King (one of my favorite movies) but i decided to skip over Aladdin about a month ago as I thought I would be able to see more of robin and I could go back and watch his GENIE-OUS voice comedy later; i guess I was wrong.
Aladdin is now next on my list of movies to watch.

HP! Messenger
TheCactipus

Post by TheCactipus »

He was, by far, my favorite Peter Pan. I don't recall the last time that the death of an actor made me feel this sad. I wonder what it would be like to have a nation weep upon your death.

"You're doing it, Peter."
"Votes for women, step in time!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Aladdin was probably the first thing of his I saw, before I even knew who he was. But I remember renting and watching Flubber and Bicentennial Man from Blockbuster when I was younger and enjoying them, I remember watching Jumanji a bunch with my family, probably the only movie of his I've seen more than once (well besides aladdin). I haven't seen many of his more serious roles, but I loved his comedies. He'll be missed greatly.

and here are the reactions from Dante Basco who played opposite him in hook: video and blog
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

Saw him first in Aladdin, then Dead Poets Society. I might have caught glimpses of him in his other movies, but god, he was one funny man. It's too bad he had to go so soon. If only we could've made him laugh like he made us.
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

I heard about this last night and just couldn't believe it. Then I see it again this morning and I'm about to cry. I just don't know what to say right now...
EDIT: Also, kind of want to share this.
Avi colored by me. Lineart from here.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

TheCactipus wrote:I wonder what it would be like to have a nation weep upon your death.

"You're doing it, Peter."
A nation? i don't really know, i feel so bad for his family, but i know they probably feel worse, and who knows, I thing he actually has fans around the world, i wouldn't be suprised one bit.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:...I remember renting and watching Flubber and Bicentennial Man from Blockbuster when I was younger and enjoying them, I remember watching Jumanji a bunch with my family, probably the only movie of his I've seen more than once (well besides aladdin).
Ohmygosh FLUBBER! I forgot about that movie! i remember watching that when i was a tiny little tyke, and it was something else... i loved .
And Jumanji is STILL a movie i watch and love all the time!

Vegas, don't be afraid to cry, I only cry if there's a good enough reason for me to, which there isn't much of the time, but this, this is definitely a good enough reason to cry

HP! Messenger
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The best way I can honor Robin's death is to watch the videos of him on Youtube today. Man, it's shocking to see him pass away this way. I always felt since Aladdin a person that acts that way into a cartoon or movie is a wonderful person in life, especially if Disney thinks so. =(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

That's the same thing I'm doing, watching videos and clips of his, aw well as loooking at pics and quotes and things On dA and such

HP! Messenger
Deske

Post by Deske »

It's kind of funny you know. I've heard of actors and actresses dying before. But, I usually forgot about them a few hours after the hype. This is the first one that's sticking with me.
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

RatHead wrote: Vegas, don't be afraid to cry, I only cry if there's a good enough reason for me to, which there isn't much of the time, but this, this is definitely a good enough reason to cry
Heh. True enough.
Deske wrote:It's kind of funny you know. I've heard of actors and actresses dying before. But, I usually forgot about them a few hours after the hype. This is the first one that's sticking with me.
I'm going through the same thing. It's pretty weird. I remember when Michael Jackson died and I didn't have the same emotional response.
EDIT: Though I do recall getting really worked up when Mr. Rogers passed away.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Well this is one actor that we've all had emotional attachment to since our childhoods! so the emotional attachment is going to remain and show though in a different way now that he has passed...

Hey Have any of you seen his standup segment on Golf? cause I had an idea for a drawing for FA that would concern/involve/reference that...

HP! Messenger
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

One of my favourite actors which accompanied my childhood, a true genie and talent in reciting both comical and dramatic moments. The movies with him as protagonist have always something special, and has been an icon of the 1990s American comedian family movies. Those I remember are Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, Bicentennial Man, Patch Adams and Flubber.

R.I.P., Captain.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Man I forgot about Flubber and Mrs Doubtfire. I have the latter on DVD and I will probably watch it since I've never seen it before.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Cesco wrote:One of my favourite actors which accompanied my childhood, a true genie and talent in reciting both comical and dramatic moments. The movies with him as protagonist have always something special, and has been an icon of the 1990s American comedian family movies. Those I remember are Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, Bicentennial Man, Patch Adams and Flubber.

R.I.P., Captain.
That was a beautifully written tribute to a beautiful and great man Cesco, well done my friend.

Deske, or anyone here: has anyone ever seen any of his stand-up comedy shows? He's hilarious

HP! Messenger
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Sadly no. but I plan on looking them up when I have more free time.
RP Characters:
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

He's a comedic geinus, and if ya need any help findin full versions I can help ya find em on youtube!

HP! Messenger
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Maybe tomorrow?
RP Characters:
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I'm still trying to figure out what happened. How? I never though he would die in such a way, and that makes this loss even greater.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

"Best talk show guest in the world" - Conan O'Brien

And here are a couple funny interviews from Johnny Carson's Tonight Show...
this one's his first appearance on the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdSagycCWc

I've never seen "Mork & Mindy", but now I feel like checking it out...
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I remember reading about this on the internet and I just couldn't believe it. I didn't think that he would ever be the type to commit suicide. I'm just so shocked beyond words. I fished out "Flubber" the other day and watched it. R.I.P. Robi. :cry:
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I remember hearing somewhere a long time ago that it is the ones that seem the happiest are the ones that attempt it the most or something, I am at least glad he didn't chose a more... gruesome way, although i hope none of you take that as me being glad he's passed, as i am DEFINITELY not. If only the cops had gotten there sooner, maybe they might have caught him alive, or still "fresh" enough to resuscitate.

HP! Messenger
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

It's not just that. A lot of times depressed people try to hide the fact that they are. It's not true for everyone. and we don't know enough about Robin to know with him what was going on.
RP Characters:
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Drake wrote:A lot of times depressed people try to hide the fact that they are. \
Having been friends with some, I can attest to this.

HP! Messenger
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Drake wrote:It's not just that. A lot of times depressed people try to hide the fact that they are. It's not true for everyone. and we don't know enough about Robin to know with him what was going on.
Even in despite that most depression attacks happen in silence, I simply did not expect someone like Robin Williams taking his own life. I'm even willing to admit I suspect a murder. Yes, it sounds like I am exaggerating, but these news are already unbelievable!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Not to make things worse, but, it seems there's more to this.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Robin was nothing short of amazing! I heard they were going to make a sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire, but I don't think it would be better than the original :(
Not that Robin would've done a bad job, but they'd probably turn it into another spy movie :b
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Parkinsons!? Geez, we just keep getting thrown curves concerning his passing...
which i think is a better word for it, I hate the words dead, dying, and death.

And Neon, how often is the sequel to a movie better than or even as good as the original?! almost never! i may not have seen Mrs. Doubtfire (yet) but I am unsure how it would have been... but at least it could have survived on Robin's talent of nothing else.

HP! Messenger
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

It's been years, but still. R.I.P Robin Williams. :cry:
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not sure what the point of bumping this topic was but yes it is always gonna be sad.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, it's good to remember the great artists who decorated our lives and the works they left us. In the case of Robin Williams, that's quite a lot. The biography by David Itzikopf (sp?), entitled just Robin, is an excellent read if you can find it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thinking back to his death, it really is a shame because I believe they were trying to do a Mrs. Doubtfire 2.