Another awkward moment

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Another awkward moment

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote:If I'm talking to someone with an accent, I'll start using theirs unconsciously. I realized I had the problem, so when I chatted with Roo on skype, I told myself NOT TO MIMICK HIS ACCENT!
Well, needless to say, I did BUT I caught myself... but not before he heard me. awkward pause later, and we continued chatting.
I... do not remember that. But I'll take your word for it. :P

I have a bazillion awkward moments. I'm such a klutz.

I was visiting Parliament House in Canberra (our equivalent of Congress, I think) and you have to go through a metal detector and put your bag through an x-ray machine on the way in. I went through the detector, turned right to get my bag, and ran straight into the glass that runs next to the machine to make sure you don't get too close to the x-rays. The guards found it hilarious. :P

I once scared my friend while she was doing the dishes and she spun around with a huge carving knife in her hand. 0.o

Recently, I followed a woman in Big W, thinking it was my mother that I was supposed to be meeting in there. She turned around and it wasn't Mum so I pretended I hadn't been following her and that I'd been heading to that aisle over there. :mrgreen: Awkward. Fortunately I didn't have to say anything to her since I hadn't gotten that close yet. :P

What else... Hmm...

I always tend to choose the wrong glass door and run into it since it won't open.

Another time I was sitting in the front row of a lecture and trying to open my bottle of coke but the lid was done up too tight. The lecture went on with his lecture and then stops and looks at me and says "You right there, Muscles?" :oops:

Once I was in the computer lab at school and I tried to wheel my chair out from the desk but instead of wheeling it just tipped backwards and I ended up on the floor.

I don't play soccer because once in PE I was taking a free kick and everyone was watching and instead of kicking the ball I kicked my other foot out from under me and ended up flat on my back like a scene from Charlie Brown! :lol: :oops:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hlaoroo wrote:I don't play soccer because once in PE I was taking a free kick and everyone was watching and instead of kicking the ball I kicked my other foot out from under me and ended up flat on my back like a scene from Charlie Brown!
That reminds me of one time in Middle School.

We were playing volley ball. After every point, we would rotate so everyone would get to serve and play different parts of the court. (I think you're supposed to do that anyway) So when it was my turn to serve, I guess I took a second or two longer than people were expecting. I had a bad hit on the ball and it kinda didn't go up so much as straight. Right as it went straight, some kid was turning around to see why the ball hadn't gone over the net yet, and found out why very quickly when the ball hit his face.

Every time after that when I served, everyone on my team would lie on their stomach until after I hit the ball. (I wasn't bad at serving either. That one serve was pretty much the worst one I've ever had. -_- )
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Roo, you kicked your feet out from under you? x3

Jeff, I feel for you, brother...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Hlaoroo wrote:I don't play soccer because once in PE I was taking a free kick and everyone was watching and instead of kicking the ball I kicked my other foot out from under me and ended up flat on my back like a scene from Charlie Brown! :lol: :oops:
That reminds me of a time I was playing golf. I took the swing and missed the ball, but my momentum carried me around and I hit the ball backwards. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yes, I actually did kick my own feet out from underneath me. In front of the whole class. :lol:

Heh, I tend to be the guy getting hit, Jeff. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Did you guys hear about the time I broke my nose in Gym?

It was my Senior year in High School (So not that long ago). In my school, the Freshmen and Seniors have to take gym, and my class was a mix of both.

We were playing soccer (Or football for you non Americans) and me and a Freshman from the other team went for the ball at the same time. We met at the ball, both tried to kick it at the same time, our bodies kept going, and his forehead collided with my nose.

Needless to say, he was a little smaller so he went straight down, while I just kinda stood in a daze for a few seconds before I realized my nose hurt like all [no need to see this word] and I sat down so I wouldn't pass out or something.

Both teachers went straight for the other kid first. I guess it must have looked like he took the worst of it since he probably flew back a foot or two, but he was fine. While he's getting looked at, I'm now totally aware of what happened and I'm feeling my nose to see if it's bleeding. I don't feel or see anything on my hand, but for some reason I look up at one of the kids that had gathered around and I'm like, "Is my nose bleeding?" He says yes, so I feel it and I'm like "Oh, NOW I am."

So while everyone (including the kid who collided with me) started playing again, one of the teachers walked me to the nurse and my Dad had to pick me up so I could go to the hospital and get it checked out.

Not really an awkward moment I guess, but maybe karma 5 years later for hitting that kid with the volley ball. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Karma's a fine woman.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

So my friend likes to bike. He has a good bike with strong brakes. I'm at McDonald's being fat and I see him. Walk over, Start conversation with him and ask if I can try his bike. No idea why I would ask. ANYWAYS! Ride for 10 feet then hit the front brakes, that thing stops on a fricking atom. Not a dime, an atom. I fly over the front handlebars and in the split second I was in the air, I tucked and rolled to my feet. Oh and did I mention it was on a main street and during rush hour. 25 or so people got to watch me go from looking like a fool to looking like an action movie hero. It was both awkward and made me feel b.a.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

One time at 3 AM when I was young, I snuck downstairs to get a Chips Ahoy! I got the cookie, but my mom heard the sliding cookie tray and was making her way into the kitchen. I didn't know if I should've closed the cookies (which makes a lot of noise) or run back upstairs (which I can do quite stealthily using the "ninja sprint") so I just froze. If you were there I would've looked like a statue taking a step. Many others hiding places came to me as I think about it.
Such locations would include: under the table, in the shadows, behind the couch, or even in the cabinets beneath the sink (I know I would've regretted doing that one).

But overall, thinking as I'm laying in bed and typing this up, I should've grabbed more than one cookie! :lol:
If you were wondering, I did get caught (no punishment whatsoever), and It was 3 AM on a weekday.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:So my friend likes to bike. He has a good bike with strong brakes. I'm at McDonald's being fat and I see him. Walk over, Start conversation with him and ask if I can try his bike. No idea why I would ask. ANYWAYS! Ride for 10 feet then hit the front brakes, that thing stops on a fricking atom. Not a dime, an atom. I fly over the front handlebars and in the split second I was in the air, I tucked and rolled to my feet. Oh and did I mention it was on a main street and during rush hour. 25 or so people got to watch me go from looking like a fool to looking like an action movie hero. It was both awkward and made me feel b.a.
What happened to the bike?
InDaZone1219 wrote:One time at 3 AM when I was young, I snuck downstairs to get a Chips Ahoy! I got the cookie, but my mom heard the sliding cookie tray and was making her way into the kitchen. I didn't know if I should've closed the cookies (which makes a lot of noise) or run back upstairs (which I can do quite stealthily using the "ninja sprint") so I just froze. If you were there I would've looked like a statue taking a step. Many others hiding places came to me as I think about it.
Such locations would include: under the table, in the shadows, behind the couch, or even in the cabinets beneath the sink (I know I would've regretted doing that one).

But overall, thinking as I'm laying in bed and typing this up, I should've grabbed more than one cookie! :lol:
If you were wondering, I did get caught (no punishment whatsoever), and It was 3 AM on a weekday.
At my house, cookies don't survive the night, so I wouldn't know the feeling...
Deske

Post by Deske »

Nothing. It fell over like a bike.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

InDaZone1219 wrote:One time at 3 AM when I was young, I snuck downstairs to get a Chips Ahoy! I got the cookie, but my mom heard the sliding cookie tray and was making her way into the kitchen. I didn't know if I should've closed the cookies (which makes a lot of noise) or run back upstairs (which I can do quite stealthily using the "ninja sprint") so I just froze. If you were there I would've looked like a statue taking a step. Many others hiding places came to me as I think about it.

"Who eats a Krabby Patty at 3 in the morning?" "Oh boy! 3 AM!"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Deske

Post by Deske »

Reminds me of me sneaking downstairs at night to watch tv.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey. I have been none to eat cookies at 3 AM.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

On a different morning (it was past 1AM but before 6AM) when I was younger, I snuck out once more. This time, I climbed across the stair's guard rail so far that I wasn't even touching the ground anymore. I was hanging on by the tips of my fingers and I could've fallen and shattered my legs If I didn't shout for help.
I've always seemed curious about these types of things :|
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Hey. I have been none to eat cookies at 3 AM.
Known*
InDaZone1219 wrote:On a different morning (it was past 1AM but before 6AM) when I was younger, I snuck out once more. This time, I climbed across the stair's guard rail so far that I wasn't even touching the ground anymore. I was hanging on by the tips of my fingers and I could've fallen and shattered my legs If I didn't shout for help.
I've always seemed curious about these types of things :|
Speaking of stairs~

One time as a kid, my friend had this flight of stairs that I had convinced myself that I was going to roll down it.
I tucked myself into a ball, held my breath, and rolled down the stairs... right into a wall.

One lady heard the thud and ran to my aid, asking if I was okay. Surprisingly, I wasn't hurt at all ^^
But it was pretty awkward to be found completely dizzy with my body upside down.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Stairs are the bane of my existence!
I have a condition called "monocular vision" which means I have no stereo acuity/binocular vision/depth perception. It's a bit like you guys walking around with one eye shut. I really can't tell how far away things are from me. It means things like uneven surfaces are virtually impossible to see for me unless there's a low light so they cast a shadow. It also makes it hard to see where one stair stops and the other begins if they're all evenly textured.
So I fall up and down stairs and over gutters and into holes and off ledges and all kinds of things. It also makes it hard to judge heights, like, for example, if I were to jump off a ute tray or stage or box or table and onto the ground, I might find I was higher than I expected and end up jarring myself.

It leads to all kinds of awkward moments, especially when parking my car. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:Stairs are the bane of my existence!
I have a condition called "monocular vision" which means I have no stereo acuity/binocular vision/depth perception. It's a bit like you guys walking around with one eye shut. I really can't tell how far away things are from me. It means things like uneven surfaces are virtually impossible to see for me unless there's a low light so they cast a shadow. It also makes it hard to see where one stair stops and the other begins if they're all evenly textured.
So I fall up and down stairs and over gutters and into holes and off ledges and all kinds of things. It also makes it hard to judge heights, like, for example, if I were to jump off a ute tray or stage or box or table and onto the ground, I might find I was higher than I expected and end up jarring myself.

It leads to all kinds of awkward moments, especially when parking my car. :P
0-0
*takes keys away*
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hey! I need that! My house key is on that keyring! And my torch (flashlight)!

Actually that puts me in mind of an awkward moment one of my friends had recently. I have a torch which when you each time you turn it on, alternates between being a torch with LEDs on the end of it, and being more like a lantern with a big panel of like 24 LEDs on the side. My friend turned it on while looking at the big panel, not realising that the panel did that and it dazzled him and he jumped and dropped the torch in shock! :lol:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Two years ago, I hit my head and had to go to the hospital due to a possible concussion, but the CT scan proved that I didn't have a concussion. Soon, my father arrived at the hospital and was directed to my CT room by a nurse who described me as the "cute kid". By the way, you know when you hit a body part (finger, foot, head, etc.) and you collapse to the ground or something similar to make a pained noise? I did that but the only thing they heard was the my actual collision with the floor. :P
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

One day me and some of my friends were sitting in class talking about our favorites horror films and the film "Suspiria" became a hot topic of discussion. The teacher overheard me and accused me of being a misogynist because the film has a female antagonist.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Apparently, said teacher is one of those ultra-feminists (I'm thinking of another word, but will not use it due to site standards...no, it's not a "bad" word, just potentially insulting) who hates all men.

Is it too late to drop the course without penalty? She will be nothing but trouble.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Kitch wrote:Apparently, said teacher is one of those ultra-feminists (I'm thinking of another word, but will not use it due to site standards...no, it's not a "bad" word, just potentially insulting) who hates all men.

Is it too late to drop the course without penalty? She will be nothing but trouble.
It was actually a male teacher, and its alright now, that class was a while ago. I think he was just trying to be a phony social justice warrior.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Kitch wrote:Apparently, said teacher is one of those ultra-feminists (I'm thinking of another word, but will not use it due to site standards...no, it's not a "bad" word, just potentially insulting) who hates all men.

That really does suck. Its a discussion that that teacher isn't apart of, so she he should shut the not so nice word up.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:

It was actually a male teacher, and its alright now, that class was a while ago. I think he was just trying to be a phony social justice warrior.
Major plot twist here. Mind flip...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like someone wants to get in good with the feminist movement.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Feminism as a mainstream movement now is nothing but a bunch of jokes. It has nothing to do with real feminism and it annoys me that people decide to couple the two together.

Also, Kitch, if the word you're thinking of is the word I'm thinking of, I don't understand how it could be insulting. Though I could be completely wrong in my thoughts so I won't say it either just in case it is the word.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Kitch wrote:(I'm thinking of another word, but will not use it due to site standards...no, it's not a "bad" word, just potentially insulting).
Perhaps this would be an appropriate substitute? ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Deske wrote:Also, Kitch, if the word you're thinking of is the word I'm thinking of, I don't understand how it could be insulting. Though I could be completely wrong in my thoughts so I won't say it either just in case it is the word.
I know the word, it involves a very offensive comparison with a group generally accepted to be the worst group to be compared to. and it would not be allowed on the forums. and now, back on to the topic.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Or we could all be talking about completely different words.
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe we can get Rick to raise the rating of the site just for a day so we can compare bad words.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I believe I said to move from this topic, so let's make this more clear.

Get off of this topic and back to awkward moments.

thank you
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I nearly flooded my kitchen this morning. I was filling the sink and I accidentally knocked the tap so it turned around backwards and poured water all over the bench instead of the sink. Good thing I realised immediately or it would have been a mess. The water nearly made it to my microwave though.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:I nearly flooded my kitchen this morning. I was filling the sink and I accidentally knocked the tap so it turned around backwards and poured water all over the bench instead of the sink. Good thing I realised immediately or it would have been a mess. The water nearly made it to my microwave though.
Daaaang. I heard microwaves didn't like taking baths, so your lucky you stopped it! ^w^

Y'know whats always an awkward moment? Having to leave the auditorium of the church mid service :/
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:I nearly flooded my kitchen this morning. I was filling the sink and I accidentally knocked the tap so it turned around backwards and poured water all over the bench instead of the sink. Good thing I realised immediately or it would have been a mess. The water nearly made it to my microwave though.
Daaaang. I heard microwaves didn't like taking baths, so your lucky you stopped it! ^w^

Y'know whats always an awkward moment? Having to leave the auditorium of the church mid service :/
At least it didn't reach the toaster. :?
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

MrNeonShot wrote:Y'know whats always an awkward moment? Having to leave the auditorium of the church mid service :/
It's even more awkward when your phone rings mid service.
Especially if this was your ringtone. (CONTENT WARNING: DRUG USE)
Happened to someone I know. :D
Last edited by deepskycyan on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I love that song xD
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Who doesn't love that song? ;)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

deepskycyan wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:Y'know whats always an awkward moment? Having to leave the auditorium of the church mid service :/
It's even more awkward when your phone rings mid service.
Especially if this was your ringtone. (CONTENT WARNING: DRUG USE)
Happened to someone I know. :D
imagine being 19 years old, the guy behind you has his phone go off and then he answers it and everyone looks at you
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wouldn't they be looking at the guy behind you?