Another awkward moment

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Another awkward moment

Post by Hlaoroo »

Had a whole series of awkward moments while trying to leave the beach today:
That awkward moment when you try to drive your Prado 4x4 off the beach only to find that someone has bogged their Holden commodore in the only road back to the carpark.
That awkward moment when you try to tow them out but you start to get bogged yourself.
That awkward moment when a third guy manages to squeeze his ute (pickup truck) past the bogged commodore almost to the beach before getting bogged himself. *facepaws*

We did all get out eventually though but I've no idea if the commodore ever got off the beach again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I never thought a Commodore would be used as a beach buggy. :lol:
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

That awkward moment when you just realize what Cerberus meant when she said, "I never got to work with children at my old job." and then feeling stupid for not finding it earlier.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Deske wrote:That awkward moment when you just realize what Cerberus meant when she said, "I never got to work with children at my old job." and then feeling stupid for not finding it earlier.
That awkward moment when you have to do research to understand this. I had to read through the old comic discussion and go to Google to understand that. I too feel stupid now...
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

That awkward moment when you're closing up a store (half the lights off and the doors locked) and, as you're walking down the toy aisle, you hear, softly but really close behind you:

"Peekaboo"

:shock:

- and then you realize it was just a motion sensing doll. :P

I got a good laugh out of that, after I realized what it was. I avoided going through the toy aisle again, though. :?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would downright give me a massive heart attack if that happened to me. :lol:
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

That would scare me if I were there, but I would laugh at it as well.

I had 2 things happen to me over the weekend. The first one is when I went camping and I rused to get out of my door. I got there and went to put on my boots, then I noticed that they were two different boots that said Colman on them, each being 2 1/2 sizes apart from the other boot. At least they were a left and a right, so I could still wear them. The one was a little tight though.

The other one is when I got home today. My mom told me to get a quick shower so she could wash the dishes, but when I got in the shower I fell asleep. I have no idea how long I was asleep for, but when I woke up and noticed I hadn't done anything but turn on the water and get in, the water started to get cold. I had to rush to wash my hair before all of the hot water was gone, and when I got out there was no hot water for my mom to wash the dishes. I may have been just half asleep and lost in thoughts, but I was asleep for at least a little bit.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That awkward moment when your burglar alarm goes off not once but twice during the night... and you hadn't even turned it on!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I once called the wrong person I wanted to call and had to hang up.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Hlaoroo wrote:That awkward moment when your burglar alarm goes off not once but twice during the night... and you hadn't even turned it on!
My Jeep has an aftermarket alarm system put in by the previous owner, it's nice because it has remote start. But theres a problem with a door or something, and if I ever lock my car there's a chance the alarm will go off for no reason. Also it takes a bunch of work to get it back into normal condition.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My car, being a luxury car (Infiniti) has an alarm system though I never had problems with it.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Deske wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:That awkward moment when your burglar alarm goes off not once but twice during the night... and you hadn't even turned it on!
My Jeep has an aftermarket alarm system put in by the previous owner, it's nice because it has remote start. But theres a problem with a door or something, and if I ever lock my car there's a chance the alarm will go off for no reason. Also it takes a bunch of work to get it back into normal condition.
One of the old cars my family had an alarm that would go off if it was locked from the outside, but unlocked from the inside and then opened. This happened often, as I would stay in the locked car while my mom ran into the gas station store for something. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That sounds like it could be just a bit annoying.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I once called the wrong person I wanted to call and had to hang up.
Yeah, I know that.

When I was young we have a (at that time - early 80s) new landline phone with keys that we could program several numbers in. Well, when pressing the button for my grandparents we nearly always got the pharmacy on the line. No idea, why... The number was correct, dialing it by hand worked fine. Even reprogramming the number or moving it to another button didn't help - we still called the pharmacy...

There have happened two more odd things. One day I was talking to my friend when suddenly the line broke. I hang up and a moment later it rang again and he was on the line again. The strange thing was, he also hang up and his phone was ringing as well.
The other thing was when the phone rang one day I answered it and could till hear the dailing going on (it was still in the early 80s when pulse dial was used), so I heard the tic-tic-tic-tic tic-tic-tic-... till somewhen I could also hear the ring and somebody answering the phone... For a couple of seconds I could hear the two persons talking, then the line broke.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Douglas Collier

That awkward moment when you realize just how old some of the people on the forums are. :? :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Douglas Collier wrote:That awkward moment when you realize just how old some of the people on the forums are. :? :P
Forgive me, but this just got a little awkward.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Douglas Collier

deepskycyan wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:That awkward moment when you realize just how old some of the people on the forums are. :? :P
Exactly! :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm 22. Meanwhile I never realized that Kitch was 26. xD
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Douglas Collier wrote:
deepskycyan wrote:
Exactly! :P
I have felt awkward when I realized I was one of the youngest people in the Skype chat. I still feel a little awkward knowing that. I am 16.
Douglas Collier

That awkward moment when you're the only cashier and you've got ten people waiting in line.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Douglas Collier wrote:That awkward moment when you're the only cashier and you've got ten people waiting in line.
Ehehe *hugs* My sympathies to you.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would have a major freak out if that had happened to me since I can't really keep my cool in situations like that.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

That awkward moment when your locker is jammed shut, so you have to go down to the administration of the school to get a person with the key to open your locker. It was also weird being the last person on the floor when I went back up to get the stuff out of my locker.

I was lucky I got picked up today, because I missed the time when I would have caught my bus. :lol:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Upcoming awkward moment. I have a project to do that involves public speaking.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Deske wrote:Upcoming awkward moment. I have a project to do that involves public speaking.
I hate it when I have to speak in front of people. I do sing in front of people because I find that easier, but I prefer to be part of a group. I can see how that will be an upcoming awkward moment.

That awkward moment when you are all talking in class about a subject, and you are laughing loudly because one person is trying to explain why water and rocks are living for 20 minutes. :lol:

Everyone was laughing at his explanation to why rocks and water were living eventually, but I was the loudest. I think he said that water moved and needed to stay clean to support life, so it was living.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That awkward moment when you realized that you volunteered to do a presentation early.
Deske

Post by Deske »

It was an awkward moment...
It was maybe 2 minutes of torture. My knees were shaking by the end of it and I ended up sounding like Obama.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Deske wrote:I ended up sounding like Obama.
nothing wrong with that, he's a pretty good public speaker :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Yesterday, I was playing Smash 4 with some friends and I played as sexy Shulk. (That's what my friends and I call the alt costume were he isn't wearing a shirt. There's also a sexy Samus, but I won't go into that.) So, I looked at the character select screen and for some reason I said, "Wow, Shulk is really hot with his shirt off." Then everyone just looked at me like I was crazy.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do we know for certain that Sheik/Shulk is a guy and not a girl disguised as one?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Shulk is definitely not a girl in disguise. there is a 99% chance Sheik is unless they altered the characters existence.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I think the most awkward moment I have had in the past year happened on Monday. My school requires students to go to parent teacher conferences for some reason, and the conversations that I was caught in the middle of were awkward. One was when my parents told my one teacher that I still hated my school. While this may be true, I try not to show it while in school, so that conversation was awkward
Deske

Post by Deske »

That awkward moment when you completely missed and hour of school because you looked at the wrong time. At least the teacher was understanding.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Deske wrote:That awkward moment when you completely missed and hour of school because you looked at the wrong time. At least the teacher was understanding.
I have missed or been late for multiple things for that reason, I hate it when people in my house set clocks to the wrong time without realizing it. At least it only happened a few times.

It is really awkward when you get there, and then you are informed you are late, I hated that part.
Douglas Collier

That awkward moment when you have to talk to your boss about your hours (my mom has to work full-time on Wednesday, so I won't have access to the car on that day).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That awkward moment when in class you go to blow your nose while the teacher is lecturing, and its so loud that she stops talking for a few minutes.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That awkward moment when in class you go to blow your nose while the teacher is lecturing, and its so loud that she stops talking for a few minutes.
I always hated it how the only time I ever had to blow my nose was my first class of the day. I would always spend 5-10 minutes to blow my nose quietly, just because I didn't want to disturb anyone. Then I found out that they allow you to go right outside the class and into the hall to blow your nose.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah my college allows me to do that, but I don't want to miss anything. :lol:
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

That awkward moment when you click on the name of the person who has faved your picture and see their fav list empty...

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That awkward moment where you go to take a bite out of a hamburger and the filling squirts out all over your shirt.