Another awkward moment

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

MrNeonShot

Another awkward moment

Post by MrNeonShot »

Not sure if a thread like this exists buuuut...

I'd like to share some awkward moments and quirks I've had or have with everyone. Feel free to say your own awkward moments or quirks!

If I'm talking to someone with an accent, I'll start using theirs unconsciously. I realized I had the problem, so when I chatted with Roo on skype, I told myself NOT TO MIMICK HIS ACCENT!
Well, needless to say, I did BUT I caught myself... but not before he heard me. awkward pause later, and we continued chatting.

I stinkbombed someone's house once as a kid...
and went back to apologize. I thought "hey, if I apologize, then everything should be fine!"
Well, the man of the house almost called the cops, but the wife stopped him.

Thats just 2, and I have plenty more, so feel free to react or share your awkward's!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
RatHead

Re: Another awkward moment

Post by RatHead »

Oh i have one from work yesterday, although it was more than a moment... and it may be unfit for these forums, I am unsure, i'll ask the mods, if they say it's OK, I'll tell you guys what happened :oops:

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Deske

Post by Deske »

Working at fast food I had to get 2 other coworkers to help decipher what this Indian couple was saying. We eventually worked it out, but you could cut the awkwardness with a knife.

I too start using people's accents if I stick around too long. It gets pretty difficult.

One time as a kid I ran into this ladies car with my bike handle, scratching off a line of paint. Lady came running out and yelled my dad off. I was probably 8 at the time so I had no clue what happened.

OH GOT A GOOD ONE.

So I got angry at my 'friends' one time so I hid his scooter behind a trashcan then proceeded to chase them around with a can of starch that was on the ground. They ran into a building. I got the cops called on me and almost had a case of battery on my record as a 10 year old I think. It didn't get put on there but dear god. My mom had to come walking up the street from her apartment and take me home. I think the police was a bit overkill. Also at around the age of 10 how much harm is a can of aerosol gonna hurt. Make your clothes a tad more rigid. But what else.

Oh and that one time I got in a car wreck and totalled my jeep because some [censorship] didn't see me make that left turn on green. Got the ticket because I was younger and it was obvious that was the only reason. I've never wanted to beat someone so much. I asked him how else I could pay for the ticket and boy he could most definitely tell I was doing a terrible job at hiding my rage.

Got pulled over for "speeding" he had no proof, no radar speed, nothing, but he could see me so of course being a cop he's automatically correct. Ran a stop sign turning right, with no one around me, but I didn't actually stop, more of a rolling 3 mph stop. But I'm chill with that one because it's legit. But you can't just 'Think you saw them speeding'.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Deske wrote:Working at fast food I had to get 2 other coworkers to help decipher what this Indian couple was saying. We eventually worked it out, but you could cut the awkwardness with a knife.

I too start using people's accents if I stick around too long. It gets pretty difficult.

One time as a kid I ran into this ladies car with my bike handle, scratching off a line of paint. Lady came running out and yelled my dad off. I was probably 8 at the time so I had no clue what happened.
Wait a second, you work at a fast food place? Which? I work at Five Guys (OK fine, not really fast food or classified as such but still) and yes I have had the same problems deciphering what everyone says... it doesn't help when they don't speak as loud as they easily can; heck, it get REALLY awkward when they speak their whole order VERY quietly and quickly and i don't have time to stop them to ask then to repeat or speak up about their order, and I have to ask then to repeat the entire order again, as I have nothing on my screen except for the large soda they yelled at me that they wanted at the beginning :roll:

And I moved from Idaho to where I am now, and Have caught myself starting to use the stereotypical accents that people think the residents on my state have (many do not have said accent), so I DEFINITELY understand you there.

You think that that paint scratch line story is bad? I remember when i was workin with my parents on some home renovations, and they got one of those ladders that has 3 hinges and can fold into all kinds of designs... I went out after they went to bed to move some things around and do some things as they had asked, I moved the ladder close to their 2006-or-so pearl white Subaru Legacy 2.5GT... and it opened up, slamming into the rear panel, and creating a HUGE dent. I went down and asked my older brother what he would do, he said write a note, i did, and was woken up the next morning at 6am by my father... that was a loooooong awkward 20 minutes or so...

HP! Messenger
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I had a bit of a bladder accident in the third grade during lunch.

I somehow managed to hide it (or simply go unnoticed)
until about ten minutes into lunch.

A teacher walked behind my table, called over another one and said
"Out of these three, I bet on of them had an accident."
She made us get out of our seats, which revealed the gospel truth.
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

Heheheheh Five Guys is good. I used to work at Arbys. I got fired for Gross Misconduct.

Reality : Some coworkers lied about me and got me fired. I worked more and harder than both these people. I have some friends over there though so it's still nice to go back. I hated it though. Stupid people, stupid managers sometimes, stupid workers. It's awful. My entire region was running into the ground. They were losing a lot of people because of quitting.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In the fourth grade, I refused to use the bathroom because I was TERRIFIED that the fire alarm would go off in the bathroom (the bathrooms had strobes, but not horns). I was SO scared that I peed myself in class.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

When I was in fifth grade, there was this girl who really had it out for me for some reason. One time she pulled a drawing I had thrown away out of the trash and presented it to the teacher, saying that it was a woman's leg. In reality, it was a leg for a Mars lander design based on the Eagle lunar lander. Pretty easy to tell the difference if you ask me. :roll: Makes it difficult to not sound guilty when you're shy and confused about what's going on, though. :?

Also in fifth grade, I was at an assembly and I said something that got me sent to the principal's office. Some kids were goofing off, being jerks - so I described who I was talking about. "Those dumb black kids" was not very politically correct, but I hadn't been exposed to racism until that point and I didn't mean it as a racist statement - I was just trying to describe them accurately based on their behavior and indicate who was acting that way (specific people, not as a generalization). :( Unfortunately, that also meant I didn't know what to tell the principal when he asked me why I had said it; my answer, "I don't know," didn't really help my case. :?

5th grade wasn't my favorite.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

You wanna hear "accidentally racist"? I have a really REALLY awkward and probably offensive story, so if you choose to read, know that I am not racist. I didn't mean to be in this situation, I was trying to be helpful.

One day me and my brother were getting our hair cut at the procuts next to McDonald's. A new shake of theirs came out called the "Duelce de leche". Because it was carmel, my brother assumed it was french for some reason. I kept telling him "Its spanish! Read the words!"
But he refused to listen. Well, the guy next to us was spanish, (we didn't see him show up until he spoke)
He had taken our conversation as racist comments, (I didn't know) so he cleared his throat.
"Do you know anywhere else I can get my hair cut?" he asked.
Now, in my town, there are only 2 hair salons. The one by McDonald's, or the one by Taco Casa.
So, me sincerely trying to be helpful, says to the guy "Well there is one by Taco Casa."
He stormed out, and I had no idea I offended him.

Until I thought back on it.
>.<
I had many a sleepless night because of it.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

On my trip to Chicago last month for the NYLF Program in Medicine, we went to the Magnificient Mile to go shopping, and though it was fun and I ate a very large burger, the shopping size didn't go we'll...

I only spent $10.99 in actual souvenirs (no clothing), which was equal to one item. A coffee mug saying
"Coffee Makes me Twerk" is literally the only item I got.

This is because my one-time friends and I walked into a store (Urban Outfitters?) and I wasn't really planning
on buying anything clothing wise, so I just got the mug. Little did I know, Urban Outfitters was the only store
we actually went to.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Deske wrote:Heheheheh Five Guys is good. I used to work at Arbys. I got fired for Gross Misconduct.

Reality : Some coworkers lied about me and got me fired. I worked more and harder than both these people. I have some friends over there though so it's still nice to go back. I hated it though. Stupid people, stupid managers sometimes, stupid workers. It's awful. My entire region was running into the ground. They were losing a lot of people because of quitting.
yeah I love working there

Try workin at a place where one of the bosses WANTS to fire you her co-workers (she's threatened me & 2 others), i can tell you guys all aout it, although it's more angering then awkward... (also, 4 people have quit under her, we "joked" recently that maybe she should just quit)
speaking of, diss recommended i not tell you guys about that awkward thing that i mentioned above on the open forums, if ya wanna know about it, email me not allowed either
Amazee Dayzee wrote:In the fourth grade, I refused to use the bathroom because I was TERRIFIED that the fire alarm would go off in the bathroom (the bathrooms had strobes, but not horns). I was SO scared that I peed myself in class.
literally? you just sat there and peed your pants? all cause you were scared of the alarm? I would have liked to have been there to see everyone's reaction... XD Man in fifth grade i didn't like going to the bathroom because a group of kids in my class would always rush in before me and SCARE me when I walked in!
Douglas Collier wrote:When I was in fifth grade, there was this girl who really had it out for me for some reason. One time she pulled a drawing I had thrown away out of the trash and presented it to the teacher, saying that it was a woman's leg. In reality, it was a leg for a Mars lander design based on the Eagle lunar lander. Pretty easy to tell the difference if you ask me. :roll: Makes it difficult to not sound guilty when you're shy and confused about what's going on, though. :?
Maybe she secretly liked you... ;)
Also I've had sometimes where I've been called racist, not doing anything like you did, but still....and that doesn't make sense, cause I have friends of all colors and from all over the world!, Africa, Morocco, Mexico, Canada, Cote di Ivore... and more!

MrNeonShot wrote: "Its spanish! Read the words!"
The guy next to us was spanish
He had taken our conversation as racist comments, so he cleared his throat.
"Do you know anywhere else I can get my hair cut?" he asked.
Me sincerely trying to be helpful, says to the guy "Well there is one by Taco Casa."
He stormed out, and I had no idea I offended him.
XD ohmygod that's hilariousXDDDDD

Mod Edit: Sharing your email publicly on the forum with the express purpose of sharing information or materials that break the forum ratings is also against the rules

HP! Messenger
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm glad this thread is just booming with awkward seals!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

MrNeonShot wrote:I'm glad this thread is just booming with awkward seals!
*BOOM*
seals_1690905i.jpg
seals_1690905i.jpg (49.59 KiB) Viewed 43276 times
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

In middle school. There was a time when I was not allowed to have lunch, I got run a marathon and had a soda in my hand. I was shaking it without really noticing. I sat down next to a friend (who just got a new shirt). I opened up the can, and it exploded all over him. His face went red and I bolted off. I had most of the school play ground watchers looking for me. I eventually hid in a bathroom stall and hid pretty well.

When I went to a new church once. I was always used to the mens restroom being on the right and not the left. at this place the rooms were switched, I went left, not even thinking. I see the door open and I see someone. I was about to walk into the womans bathroom. She and I just stared at each other for ten seconds until I turned and walked into the right room.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Eye contact makes every awkward moment more awkward.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Doesn't help when you are so painfully shy you don't look at anybody in the eye. That is me.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Drove a random person home from Wal-Mart. Dunno how in supposed to feel. Probably not gonna tell mom. Don't want her to flip her lid. I mean, I live in a rather well of city. Not like inner city KCK. Not too dangerous.

She offered me Adderall.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

That is kind of awkward Deske
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

To your home or what?
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

The person you drove home offered you Adderall?
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

No sorry, I drove them to the Marriott down the street. "Home."

Yes Adderall. No I didn't take it.

Probably the first and last time I give anyone I don't know a ride. It wasn't too weird. I just don't think I'll do it again.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Is not Adderall a prescription medication, the redistribution of which is illegal under US law?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Yes it is Diss. you are right
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Dissension wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong. Is not Adderall a prescription medication, the redistribution of which is illegal under US law?
You are correct. That's the reason why I didn't take it.
Plus I have prior experience with prescribed Adderall. I was misdiagnosed with ADHD so that's what they gave me and it was absolutely awful. I was tired all the time, hardly ate.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So I had a similar very awkward situation at camp.
PCC does a nursing class/course thing, and they'd have patients from the hospital hang out with them. I didn't know this.

So my friend is taking awhile to put his tray up, so I start walking slowly, without using my knee's to walk. So I end up walking like this.
It looks just as awkward as this is.

It turns out, the patient behind me is walking the same way, so when I turned around to check on my friend when I saw him (patient) walking head down...
I felt bad for the rest of the week because of that.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I was walking around on the edge of a fountain when I was young. Tried to hop a corner. Sploosh, in front of a hole bunch of really fancy people who I thought were magicians.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Fountain diving! I'm gonna make the pennies... DISAPPEAR!
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

"I can go through this revolving door as many times as needed!!"- Zone1219

The quote above explains the whole deal.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Um, where do I start?

First off, on a ride back from a marching band competition, a girl sitting next to me took my ipod and went into my photos (Which was filled with less-than-appropriate pictures).

I was at marching band practice in a sideroom in sectionals (where you practice with other members of your section) and my pants fell down.

I was a work (dentist office) and when I had my full uniform on (scrubs, mask, and gloves), I made eye contact with a little girl in the examination chair and she began to cry.

I once made eye contact with a friend while surprise-kissing her boyfriend just to make a point.

There are many, many more...
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Do go on! I would like to keep this thread alive as long as possible.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

When I was in elementary school, I was probs in 3rd grade and eating the school's lunch. I have an intense nut allergy and I was always told I was gonna die if I eat it. Well, I was pretty careless anyway. I ate a brownie and some girl comes up to me with crackers in her hand asking me if I ate it. I was like "yeah, I ate the brownie". After informing me that there was nut oil in it, I literally screamed a high-pitched scream and didnt stop until I was at the Nurse's office. After saying it was a false alarm, I went back to my table where everyone in the cafeteria looked at me in dead silence. It was either that, or the time I fell off a bridge trying to act cool on a scooter
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Bucky-Roo wrote:When I was in elementary school, I was probs in 3rd grade and eating the school's lunch. I have an intense nut allergy and I was always told I was gonna die if I eat it. Well, I was pretty careless anyway. I ate a brownie and some girl comes up to me with crackers in her hand asking me if I ate it. I was like "yeah, I ate the brownie". After informing me that there was nut oil in it, I literally screamed a high-pitched scream and didnt stop until I was at the Nurse's office. After saying it was a false alarm, I went back to my table where everyone in the cafeteria looked at me in dead silence. It was either that, or the time I fell off a bridge trying to act cool on a scooter
They were either silent because you screamed or they knew about the allergy and was waiting for something to happen. In any case, that was awkward!

But scooters are cool *scoots away* :lol:
was the bridge over water?
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Bucky-Roo wrote:When I was in elementary school, I was probs in 3rd grade and eating the school's lunch. I have an intense nut allergy and I was always told I was gonna die if I eat it. Well, I was pretty careless anyway. I ate a brownie and some girl comes up to me with crackers in her hand asking me if I ate it. I was like "yeah, I ate the brownie". After informing me that there was nut oil in it, I literally screamed a high-pitched scream and didnt stop until I was at the Nurse's office. After saying it was a false alarm, I went back to my table where everyone in the cafeteria looked at me in dead silence. It was either that, or the time I fell off a bridge trying to act cool on a scooter
They were either silent because you screamed or they knew about the allergy and was waiting for something to happen. In any case, that was awkward!

But scooters are cool *scoots away* :lol:
was the bridge over water?
Yeah. It was like...60 percent water...40 percent sharp rocks jutting out of the water. I managed to get out with my friend helping. He came up to me and said "Dude, you owe me big time". I replied with a "Shut up and help get my scooter". To this day....I still scoot. xD
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I can't ride scooters anymore :/
Max weight being 120lbs. But you went back for the scooter! xD
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

So today I went to this video store. The lady said "hello, good morning". I said hey, but she didn't hear me, then she gave the comment "Or not". Not really awkward I guess, but she also was my cashier... so I had to talk to her later
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, I always have awkward moments when handling debit cards at counters. I can never enter the right pin :b
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

I was watching a concert on youtube at the library and the people working the cameras zoomed in on a bare-chested woman. At the moment that it showed that, an elderly woman looked at my screen, gasped, and gave me one of the dirtiest looks I have ever seen...
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Not as dirty as the girl on camera Well it looks like youtube policies are overrated!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

YouTube policies on nudity are kind of all over the place, though if it's artistic (for a very loose definition of "artistic") and not overtly sexual, it tends to be allowed.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

evidence #1: Wrecking Ball

In the music video when Miley Cyrus climbs onto the couch next to some random guy and wraps his arm around her? That has to be awkward for the guy when waking up.