Another awkward moment

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

dryideabat

Re: Another awkward moment

Post by dryideabat »

Okay, I have a killer of an awkward moment. This one time, my sister came with me to pick-up my car from being fixed and a stranger waiting ahead of us started talking with her. He eventually asked her "Oh, is this your son?" She's only 2.5 years older than I. Granted, I look a bit young for my age even today, but still... holding in my laughter.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Did she resist the urge to shove you back into the claw machine?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That awkward moment when your computer tries to auto-correct the phrase "furry fandom" to "furry Madonna". :lol: No, computer. Just no! :lol:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

That awkward situation when you're playing the parent in a roleplay where you're supposed to discourage your "kids" from hanging with the wrong crowd, and you decide to troll them by insinuating that you have proof that they've been engaging in some rather unsavory activities.
It wasn't awkward for me, but it sure was awkward for them, especially considering it was at a church activity. :lol:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That awkward moment when use your phone in the bathroom and leaving the sounds on for everyone to hear.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

That awkward moment when you need to scrape ice from your windshield in the morning while wearing a T-Shirt...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You didn't notice how cold it was when you got outside? :lol:
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

No, I had to be in an IT room filled with hot thick air and no working ventilation all the week. It's only bearable in a T-Shirt and since I didn't want to change there I left home with it.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that would probably be the reason why I think!
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

There was this one time I had gotten on a bus and next to this girl was a piece of ad, I pointed to it hoping to get a 'is this yours?' message across without speaking but what happened was a 'I order you to pick this off my seat knave' message went across instead. I sat down next to her, but the awkwardness of the situation didn't register till I was halfway to my destination. I was super flustered but didn't say anything. Mildly hurts to think about now.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How about leaving the house in such a rush you till have bedhead? :lol:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:How about leaving the house in such a rush you till have bedhead? :lol:
The advantages of always wearing a hat and not caring about my hair that much anway. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Here's two awkward moments:

1.) I was buying some food in the cafeteria at my uni and I was trying to flip some coins in my hand with one hand so I could see the coin underneath while I was doing something with the other hand. The coin wouldn't flip though so out loud I said "Oh, get out of the way!" and the lady behind the counter thought I Was talking to her. :oops:

2.) I was talking on the phone to a robot and trying to get to an operator at the same time as joking with a friend about rohypnol via text on Skype. The robot in my ear said "If you are calling about [item A] say [Item A]. If you are calling about [item B], say [item B]. If you are calling about something else say "something else"." So I said "rohypnol." Needless to say the robot was confused. :oops: Good thing it was a robot and no the operator!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that was an operator, you would have some explaining to do!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

My teacher asked me to pass out folders last class. Each person has a folder, but it was really awkward that I don't know any of the names of the people in my class. This is really sad actually, I have been in the same class as them for the entire school year, some in 9th grade as well. I was bending down to read the names on their computer, and it took me about 10 minutes to pass them all out. At the end I had 4 folders that I didn't pass out, I just gave up trying. It was really awkward just walking around aimlessly trying to read names on computers by bending down...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I remember something like that happened to me in the 1st grade when there were no names on artwork that had to be passed back so i put them on random desks. :?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I remember something like that happened to me in the 1st grade when there were no names on artwork that had to be passed back so i put them on random desks. :?
Your avatar works perfectly with that statement x3
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Try working in community pharmacy. It's common to keep prescriptions in a draw behind the dispensary for safe keeping since people often lose them at home. You'd be surprised how many people come in and say "I need my prescription from the drawer." without realising that a) you have no idea who they are or which of their prescriptions they need and b) there are several hundred people in that drawer all with several prescriptions meaning there's possibly close to a thousand or more prescriptions there for you to pick from. *facepaw*

It's even more awkward when it's your great aunt or uncle asking you and you have no idea who they are (my dad has 17 aunts and uncles although not all of them are alive today and many of them get their prescriptions from my family's pharmacy)!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Geez it sounds like you have a big family Furrhan! Is your life like a soap opera?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

More like Cheaper By The Dozen. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think I still have that movie somewhere. my favorite part was when Newman was brained by a light globe.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Just watched Furious Seven. The ending though. Oooh my heart hurts.
Douglas Collier

Why? Was it an awkward ending?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think he wants to give spoilers away.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I take my ferret outside every night to play, and last night my neighbors were out walking back and forth from their apartment. My ferret decided to chase them and try and greet them. I have never meet them, so I'm trying to get my ferret away from them and apologize etc., that's a way to meet someone.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

That awkward moment when you discover what inappropriate words are in your phone's default dictionary while your texting family. :oops:
Civilization wrote:I take my ferret outside every night to play, and last night my neighbors were out walking back and forth from their apartment. My ferret decided to chase them and try and greet them. I have never meet them, so I'm trying to get my ferret away from them and apologize etc., that's a way to meet someone.
I'd say hello. :D Your ferret sounds nice.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I text my friends with enough swears or in Skype that I have multiple inflections for many swear words.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Deske wrote:I text my friends with enough swears or in Skype that I have multiple inflections for many swear words.
Oh, I'm sure. I might just have to teach you a few. :lol:
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I sometimes have to resist the urge to drop F-Bombs for no reason.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

GreatKitsune wrote:
Deske wrote:I text my friends with enough swears or in Skype that I have multiple inflections for many swear words.
But not on the forums, right?

Aaanyway, moving on from swearing to more forum-friendly things.

That awkward moment when your parents are telling awkward stories about your childhood... To your sister's boyfriend!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

That is awkward - they should be telling embarassing stories about her! :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, they did that too! :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:
GreatKitsune wrote:
But not on the forums, right?
No, not on the forums. I don't actually do that often.
Hlaoroo wrote: Aaanyway, moving on from swearing to more forum-friendly things.

That awkward moment when your parents are telling awkward stories about your childhood... To your sister's boyfriend!
Good thing I don't have one of those. :P (sister, I mean :lol: I obviously have parents.)
Hello, low order beings!

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I'm presently in some training module and today something strange happened.

That awkward moment when you are suddenly pretty sure that your teacher is a robot.

Let me tell... We've been sitting there and had some smalltalk with the teacher who was approching a chair while talking and sat down. And then, he suddenly stopped moving at all and also stopped talking and stared into one direction. Talking to him or even waving directly in front of his face didn't cause any reaction at all. It was like he had a BSOD and rebooted - after ca. 30 seconds he started to move again just like normal, he didn't know we waved in front of him... :?

That was really odd.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Render wrote:I'm presently in some training module and today something strange happened.

That awkward moment when you are suddenly pretty sure that your teacher is a robot.

Let me tell... We've been sitting there and had some smalltalk with the teacher who was approching a chair while talking and sat down. And then, he suddenly stopped moving at all and also stopped talking and stared into one direction. Talking to him or even waving directly in front of his face didn't cause any reaction at all. It was like he had a BSOD and rebooted - after ca. 30 seconds he started to move again just like normal, he didn't know we waved in front of him... :?

That was really odd.
That's actually often what happens when a person has a photosensitive seizure. I'd mention that to them next time.
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What would have caused it?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

GreatKitsune wrote:That's actually often what happens when a person has a photosensitive seizure. I'd mention that to them next time.
There was no trigger or anything, at least nothing what I could remember. There's no windon in that room, lights didn't change or anything...

Image Image
ImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Render wrote:
GreatKitsune wrote:That's actually often what happens when a person has a photosensitive seizure. I'd mention that to them next time.
There was no trigger or anything, at least nothing what I could remember. There's no windon in that room, lights didn't change or anything...
Large amounts of caffeine and stress can cause them, too. I know this because my father used to have seizures like that.
Hello, low order beings!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That is one type of epileptic seizure, Render, and they don't have to have a trigger. They can be just the brain overloading itself with electrical signals.

There are three kinds of seizures:
1.) the blank stare like you saw (called an "Absence Seizure")
2.) they can appear to walk aimlessly and/or do things mechanically without seeing or thinking about what's happening (this one can be dangerous so make sure they don't walk onto the street or grab anything hot or fall on stairs or anything) - this is called a Focal Dyscognitive or Complex Partial Seizure
3.) the classic "fit" where they convulse and jerk, called a Tonic Clonic Seizure.

If it happens again make sure that he knows it's happened and just make sure he's okay. Sometimes they can feel tired or confused afterwards and sometimes small seizures like that can be precursors to a full-on "fit" so he needs to be made aware and if he hasn't seen a doctor about the epilepsy before then he definitely needs to as there are medications that can help. Repeat to him any information he may have missed while he was "out" and if he has a Focal Dyscognitive seizure then let him walk but gently guide him away from danger.

If he does end up with a full-on fit then don't try to restrain him. Make sure there's no desks or chairs or anything like that for him to hit his head on and put a pillow or a couple of rolled-up jumpers or something like that under his head to protect it from hitting the floor. If nothing else use your hands to support the head but again don't restrain him and definitely don't put your hands or anything else in their mouth. If the convulsing continues for more than five minutes or if the person remains unresponsive for more than five minutes after any kind of seizure then call an ambulance. Also call an ambulance if the person was eating or drinking when the seizure occurred, if the person is having difficulty breathing, or if a second seizure occurs.

After the seizure put the person into the recovery position until they recover or until the ambulance arrives if required. After a big seizure the person will be disoriented and tired so you'll probably have to call a friend or relative to take them home, or if that's not possible then contact their employer who should have next-of-kin information.

You should also time any seizure as this information can be very important for doctors. Write it down too because the person who has the seizure probably won't remember anything around the time and for those watching, seizures can be traumatic so they and you might also forget.

Most importantly in any seizure event: Remember to STAY CALM!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:That is one type of epileptic seizure, Render, and they don't have to have a trigger. They can be just the brain overloading itself with electrical signals.

There are three kinds of seizures:
1.) the blank stare like you saw (called an "Absence Seizure")
2.) they can appear to walk aimlessly and/or do things mechanically without seeing or thinking about what's happening (this one can be dangerous so make sure they don't walk onto the street or grab anything hot or fall on stairs or anything) - this is called a Focal Dyscognitive or Complex Partial Seizure
3.) the classic "fit" where they convulse and jerk, called a Tonic Clonic Seizure.

If it happens again make sure that he knows it's happened and just make sure he's okay. Sometimes they can feel tired or confused afterwards and sometimes small seizures like that can be precursors to a full-on "fit" so he needs to be made aware and if he hasn't seen a doctor about the epilepsy before then he definitely needs to as there are medications that can help. Repeat to him any information he may have missed while he was "out" and if he has a Focal Dyscognitive seizure then let him walk but gently guide him away from danger.

If he does end up with a full-on fit then don't try to restrain him. Make sure there's no desks or chairs or anything like that for him to hit his head on and put a pillow or a couple of rolled-up jumpers or something like that under his head to protect it from hitting the floor. If nothing else use your hands to support the head but again don't restrain him and definitely don't put your hands or anything else in their mouth. If the convulsing continues for more than five minutes or if the person remains unresponsive for more than five minutes after any kind of seizure then call an ambulance. Also call an ambulance if the person was eating or drinking when the seizure occurred, if the person is having difficulty breathing, or if a second seizure occurs.

After the seizure put the person into the recovery position until they recover or until the ambulance arrives if required. After a big seizure the person will be disoriented and tired so you'll probably have to call a friend or relative to take them home, or if that's not possible then contact their employer who should have next-of-kin information.

You should also time any seizure as this information can be very important for doctors. Write it down too because the person who has the seizure probably won't remember anything around the time and for those watching, seizures can be traumatic so they and you might also forget.

Most importantly in any seizure event: Remember to STAY CALM!
That awkward moment when you discover Hlaoroo may have been your high school first aid instructor? :lol: Seriously, tho, I'd be wary if I were you, Render. It could be a pretty big problem if no one notices.
Hello, low order beings!