Another awkward moment

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

dtlux1

Re: Another awkward moment

Post by dtlux1 »

In the last 10 minutes of class today after finals, they took back our computers. I was just sitting there in the absolute quiet, and I couldn't take it. I started to visibly shake waiting for the longest 10 minutes I had in a while to go by, as it was my last day of school before a three week break. I am now off, but multiple people saw me shaking.

Another thing that happened is when I took a shower an hour ago. I sat down and fell asleep with the water running on me. I finally woke up when the tub was full and the water was freezing cold. I had been asleep for an hour. At least it is the middle of the night, so none of my family saw me do that.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

thanks again Hlaoroo for the detailed information.
GreatKitsune wrote:Seriously, tho, I'd be wary if I were you, Render. It could be a pretty big problem if no one notices.
Yeah, I'll try to talk to him.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think it would be more dangerous if nobody knows you are in the tub. What is you had drowned or flooded out the house?
Deske

Post by Deske »

That awkward moment when you can identify someone in the hallway because you know their smell from earlier.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

How is that awkward? That's awesome! :D You're well on your way toward being a canine. ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He won't be until he sniff's someones butt.
Douglas Collier

Now that would be awkward. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That awkward moment when you're supposed to have left the house by 7:20am and you wake up at half past. 0.o
*panic mode initiated*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That has happened to me quite a few times. Not very pleasant.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Couple of weeks ago I set my alarm for 7:30 AM to go to school. It went off, with no noise, for days in a row. Consistent waking up at 11 AM. Engage Panic Mode.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that happened to me, I would be way beyond panic mode if it happened consistently.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

My friend had paint thinner and seeing as this was the first time I had ever seen it, I got really curious and sniffed it. I'll admit it smelled good. It smelled like fruit to me, though I'm not sure why. My friend saw my sniffing it and thought I was trying to get high off of it. I honestly wasn't...
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

You must be really young if you've never heard of people getting high on paint thinner before.

Paint thinner is a double whammy. Not only is it toxic, but it displaces the oxygen in your lungs since it's heavier than oxygen or even carbon dioxide. (Chemically, it's akin to gasoline.) So if you get too into it, you can suffocate.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm 16. And I've heard about people getting high on it, I just didn't realize it was paint thinner when I sniffed it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That awkward moment when you're bending to get to your locker at uni and one of the girls in the class comes up behind you, touches the back of your neck and your hair and asks in a reaaallly cutesy/sweet/babytalk voice like she's talking to a three year old:
"Are you growing a rat's tail?"

1.) Don't touch me. I have no clue who you are so that's just weird.
2.) How I choose to grow my hair is none of your business
3.) I am not, nor will I ever grow a rat's tail. My hair just naturally grows to a point at the back.
4.) Why are you talking to me in such a weird voice?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:That awkward moment when you're bending to get to your locker at uni and one of the girls in the class comes up behind you, touches the back of your neck and your hair and asks in a reaaallly cutesy/sweet/babytalk voice like she's talking to a three year old:
Yeah, that's pretty awkward.

TAMW I say spectralizer instead of spectral analyzer and the guy I'm working with has no idea what i'm talking about.

TAMW when I see my game has a leaderboard for farts and I'm on it. :?:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hlaoroo wrote:That awkward moment when you're bending to get to your locker at uni and one of the girls in the class comes up behind you, touches the back of your neck and your hair and asks in a reaaallly cutesy/sweet/babytalk voice like she's talking to a three year old:

1.) Don't touch me. I have no clue who you are so that's just weird.
2.) How I choose to grow my hair is none of your business
3.) I am not, nor will I ever grow a rat's tail. My hair just naturally grows to a point at the back.
4.) Why are you talking to me in such a weird voice?
5.) It's not a rat's tail, it's a quoll's tail! :P

Anyway, this scenery sounds pretty scary to experience. Again anyway, the pigtail is something now old which I remind from my childhood in 1990s. I never had it, but many coetaneous used to.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I have to go through using a walker everyday at school, that alone is pretty awkward. Except yesterday I ran over someone's foot, and instead of going over it I front flipped over my walker, landed on my back, and had my walker land on top of me. The worst part is when everyone just gathers around and just looks, way to just demoralize me even worse.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That just doesn't sound awkward, it sounds downright humiliating. :?
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I was thinking for the past 6 months at least that it would take me a year AFTER earning Life Scout to get to Eagle Scout, but I was thinking yesterday, and it didn't make sense. I have already done most of my requirements for Life Scout, so I looked through my book and realized that I put the 6 months as Star Scout as something I had to do as a Life Scout. In reality, it will only take 6 months after I get Life Scout to become an Eagle Scout if I work hard enough. That was awkward, as I had been telling everyone that it would take a year AFTER earning Life Scout to become an Eagle Scout, even myself.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I just had my right ear cleaned with hydrogenated water.
So many potatoes...
And my parents and little brother were just standing around watching the nurses fish out the ear wax.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Civilization wrote:I have to go through using a walker everyday at school, that alone is pretty awkward. Except yesterday I ran over someone's foot, and instead of going over it I front flipped over my walker, landed on my back, and had my walker land on top of me. The worst part is when everyone just gathers around and just looks, way to just demoralize me even worse.
Why do you need to use a walker?
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well, you guys can't see what I look like, but I have something that has taken away my muscle mass and all my fat. So no matter how much I eat I still lose weight. I need the walker to help me stand for long periods of time and to help me carry my backpack from class to class. So many people have asked me this question and it's awkward it answer this face to face, especially went the person doesn't believe me or they get all apologetic like they did something wrong. The funniest reply I got when I told my friend after he asked after one week of using the walker, he was like, "I thought this whole time you were playing some practical joke on us." So now when people ask I say I use this walker because my suit (Oh, I wear a business suit everyday to school.) doesn't give me enough attention.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

There's a kid in my school who wears a suit quite often. He has 5 or 6 of them and man does he pull them off.
Douglas Collier

That awkward moment when your best friend offers to take you to go see a movie since his girlfriend said she probably couldn't make it, but later your best friend tells you she wil, be able to make it.

That even more awkward moment when you ask if you can tag along (because you really do want to see the movie) and only after you've bought the ticket realize that you'll be crashing their date. And this'll be his girlfriend's first impression of you. >_<
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Douglas Collier wrote:That awkward moment when your best friend offers to take you to go see a movie since his girlfriend said she probably couldn't make it, but later your best friend tells you she wil, be able to make it.

That even more awkward moment when you ask if you can tag along (because you really do want to see the movie) and only after you've bought the ticket realize that you'll be crashing their date. And this'll be his girlfriend's first impression of you. >_<
That sounds a lot like it's on your friend for not making absolutely sure so a situation like what you described wouldn't happen. Perhaps that could be explained to the gf?
All your acorns are belong to us.
Douglas Collier

By some miracle, the ticket purchase wasn't completed. Awkward situation averted. *whew*

Still, it reminded me how socially awkward I am. :(
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I once called a friend on mine and asked if she wanted to go do something. She said that she and her boyfriend were going to the movies and asked if I wanted to come along. I just straight up said "No, sorry. Don't want to be a third wheel to you guys." I was closer than I'd like to admit to saying yes before I realized what I would have been doing.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

Why do they even ask then?! :x
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

People tell strange little lies to placate everyone and remain amicable so as to minimize discontent. So I guess.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Whozjama wrote:People tell strange little lies to placate everyone and remain amicable so as to minimize discontent. So I guess.
But that wasn't a lie... That was the truth.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Douglas Collier wrote:Why do they even ask then?! :x
Well, she was/still is my closest friend. I'm pretty sure it wasn't so much a date as just going out to do something, so it's not like a friend joining in would have been a bad thing. I mean, if she had called me instead of the other way around, I'd had said yes in a heartbeat. But I really had no way of being sure, and she's the kind of friend that hates saying no to people, and we just don't hang out nearly as much as we should due to school/work, so yeah.

Plus her (as of now, former) boyfriend was kind of a killjoy when it came to things.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Deske wrote:
Whozjama wrote:People tell strange little lies to placate everyone and remain amicable so as to minimize discontent. So I guess.
But that wasn't a lie... That was the truth.
I'm under the assumption they asked to be polite.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Civilization wrote:Well, you guys can't see what I look like, but I have something that has taken away my muscle mass and all my fat. So no matter how much I eat I still lose weight. I need the walker to help me stand for long periods of time and to help me carry my backpack from class to class. So many people have asked me this question and it's awkward it answer this face to face, especially went the person doesn't believe me or they get all apologetic like they did something wrong. The funniest reply I got when I told my friend after he asked after one week of using the walker, he was like, "I thought this whole time you were playing some practical joke on us." So now when people ask I say I use this walker because my suit (Oh, I wear a business suit everyday to school.) doesn't give me enough attention.
Best response ever. :lol:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Douglas Collier

That awkward situation of wanting to start a conversation with a favorite artist, but not wanting to risk annoying or weirding them out. :?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Douglas Collier wrote:That awkward situation of wanting to start a conversation with a favorite artist, but not wanting to risk annoying or weirding them out. :?
^My first conversation with Diss was that conversation described above :p

It was pretty awkward.

That awkward moment when your favorite artist comments on your comment, and you can't hold back your inner fangirl.
e.e I'm so sorreh...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:That awkward situation of wanting to start a conversation with a favorite artist, but not wanting to risk annoying or weirding them out. :?
^My first conversation with Diss was that conversation described above :p

It was pretty awkward.

That awkward moment when your favorite artist comments on your comment, and you can't hold back your inner fangirl.
e.e I'm so sorreh...
My first conversation with Dissension was awkward small talk that eventually formed into an entire conversation about everything.

I don't think I have an inner fangirl. There's nobody I can fangirl over. I mean, sure Tom Hiddleston is quite possibly the most adorable person, but I just can't see myself fangirling, maybe chilling though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think everyone is awkward at first. Diss is great once you get past that shell though. He's really quite friendly and caring. :)

That awkward moment when you spill the juice while pouring yourself a drink and then you spill your drink on the way to the chair to drink it. *facepaws*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My sisters have a tendency to do that and not clean it up.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It's probably too late, but if you were talking about Rick, you shouldn't worry - I've said or done way worse stuff than you likely would.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other