• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
New series on Disney Channel - 101 Dalmatian Street 

Post New series on Disney Channel - 101 Dalmatian Street
I am really excited to see that show, I wish I could just jump in and give them a very big hug because they are so cute and cuddly, especially Dylan and Dolly, I want to cuddle them a lot :D

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Post Re: New series on Disney Channel - 101 Dalmatian Street
Are they gonna have American accents again like in the previous series?

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 pm

since it's from the UK, I think the show will be in a british accent

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 am

It's kind of a chuckle, though, when you hear a UK actor who's been doing an "American accent" on a program or in a movie revert to the "mother tongue".

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Just have to ask since while the movie was British, the cartoon was American.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:30 pm

As I recollect - and I haven't seen the movie since I saw it as a kid in 1961 or so - Horace and Jasper (the two pup-nappers) had "bloke" accents but no one else sounded particularly JohnBullish.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Hadn’t actually heard of this before now, so I looked up the theme song on YouTube. Didn’t like it at first, then I found myself listening to it again and again and again and I’m listening to it right now please help I can’t stop!
But in all seriousness, the art style is good, from what I can most of the voice actors are actually British (though I could instantly tell Dolly is voiced by the same person who voices Amethyst), and while I prefer shows with more of an overarching story, I’ll probably check in on this every now and then.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 pm

Legotron123 Wrote:
Hadn’t actually heard of this before now, so I looked up the theme song on YouTube. Didn’t like it at first, then I found myself listening to it again and again and again and I’m listening to it right now please help I can’t stop!
But in all seriousness, the art style is good, from what I can most of the voice actors are actually British (though I could instantly tell Dolly is voiced by the same person who voices Amethyst), and while I prefer shows with more of an overarching story, I’ll probably check in on this every now and then.

Disney has been making pretty good episodic stuff lately to go along some episodic stuff like ducktales and Rapunzel. I should look into Dalmatian street considering how much I loved 101 Dalmatians. Considering I know I loved it just because it had talking animals, I think I consider that the movie which started me on the path to becoming a furry

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:04 am

I like it but I still prefer the original Dalmatian series. This one is too distant from the original movie.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm
Profile WWW

fenrirblack Wrote:
I like it but I still prefer the original Dalmatian series. This one is too distant from the original movie.

That’s probably the point, Disney wants to see if it can stand on its own two feet like with Ducktales did... will say it’s definitely odd that one element was brought in, why no cruella de vil? She’s probably the most iconic part of the movie, and she even was in that short lived cartoon series that had a few puppies that were in the movie... oddly enough Patches never appeared in that and he was the one that got a movie to himself

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:55 am

How old would Cruella be if she were in the series?

Anyway, seen a few clips so far, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:36 pm
Profile WWW

Gameb18oy Wrote:
fenrirblack Wrote:

That’s probably the point, Disney wants to see if it can stand on its own two feet like with Ducktales did... will say it’s definitely odd that one element was brought in, why no cruella de vil? She’s probably the most iconic part of the movie, and she even was in that short lived cartoon series that had a few puppies that were in the movie... oddly enough Patches never appeared in that and he was the one that got a movie to himself

Apparently her grandson Hunter is a recurring minor character.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Gameb18oy Wrote:
fenrirblack Wrote:

The real odd thing is that none of the dogs are the same. I’m starting to think this is a entirely different generation from the original. The father is Doug and the mother is Delilah not Pongo and Perdita. Not to mention Lucky and the rest are gone which is the biggest shame. I mean Dillon and Dolly are great and all but they can never replace Lucky, Rolly, and Cadpig.
Actually Patch did appear in the show a few times as a tertiary character whose character design was completely different but the show was six years before the movie.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:14 pm
Profile WWW

Read that Delilah is a distant descendent of Pongo and Perdita. This series seems to be a very distant sequel.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

Considering the original movie was back in 1961, distant relative would be appropriate.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:21 pm
Profile WWW

Well if they are descendants from Pongo and Perdita originally, that would mean that one of the original 101 would have to be this batch's grandparents meaning that Pongo and Perdita would be the great-grandparents. As if people who were currently born in 1961 (like the original 101 were) would have grandchildren by now.

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]