Halloween 2014

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Radio Blue Heart

Halloween 2014

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

This year's Halloween thread. Anyone doing anything special for Halloween?
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Douglas Collier

Re: Halloween 2014

Post by Douglas Collier »

We're having a bonfire to celebrate the closing on the house my parents have been building for the last couple years. We've had bonfires on Halloween for the past couple of years, so it's becoming a tradition; this time's special because it's the first one we won't have to drive 20 minutes to get to it (probably).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I was gonna scare the living day lights out of my family members, but I have to do work stuff.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Deske

Post by Deske »

I have a gas mask so I was going to buy a hazmat suit and go around being a doctor for Ebola. Should hand out fake antidotes in the form of gummy worms or something.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Well, Halloween isn't really celebrated over here, but I'll probably bake some Halloween themed desserts, maybe have a good dinner with my family. My father's birthday is on the 31st though, so we celebrate that.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Douglas Collier

Deske wrote:I have a gas mask so I was going to buy a hazmat suit and go around being a doctor for Ebola. Should hand out fake antidotes in the form of gummy worms or something.
You may want to reconsider that costume choice - epidemics are a very sensitive topic, and I wouldn't want the media calling you out for perceived insensitivity (there have already been scathing articles about people who have done this).

Alternatively, have you seen Doctor Who?

"Mommy?"
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Well, if I can get the money by then. I am hoping to get the old Boris Karloff "Frankenstein" and the older "Dracula" movies and have a marathon. but I might not be able to, so I may just stay home, have pizza and play games or some such. Sadly my halloween's are rather boring. I don't get to do much
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

I had something I was planning, but I had to shelve it for this year due to Halloween falling on a Friday.

So on Halloween i'll probably be doing what I do each Friday night, drafting MTG at my local store. By the time I get back home after that Halloween will be over. Depending things thro I might go early on the Friday after making a casual more Halloween styled MTG deck (Which would ultimately be werewolves, because I don't like vampires and I already have a casual zombie deck) for a few fun games.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm gonna go to a party, and try to put together a costume. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I plan to go out with my mother, my aunt, and my cousins and watch them collect candy. God knows that I could use a bit more exercise. LOL.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I actually have no plans on Halloween.

There's an anime club meeting on Thursday where the officers are all dressing up as one another (I of course ended up with our only female officer so I'll probably be in a dress)

then there's a party on Saturday. I'll probably be wearing the same costume again since I highly doubt I'll have time to finish my Pit cosplay by the end of the week.
actually I just remembered I have my cosplay from last semester that I can put on for the party. so no dress.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

I bought a silver wig, beard, robe and staff for a wizard costume. I'm also going to wear my goggles and fingerless gloves to seal the deal.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

I still have my Finn the Human costume from last year, and it's the only costume I have. So Finn the Human.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Deske wrote:I have a gas mask so I was going to buy a hazmat suit and go around being a doctor for Ebola. Should hand out fake antidotes in the form of gummy worms or something.
You may want to reconsider that costume choice - epidemics are a very sensitive topic, and I wouldn't want the media calling you out for perceived insensitivity (there have already been scathing articles about people who have done this).

"Mommy?"
Wrong gas mask for that costume and I also don't think the media would be that big of an issue considering America has already cured some of its Ebola sufferers. Plus it's a rare occasion when they come around anywhere but large organized events.
Douglas Collier

Deske wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:

"Mommy?"
Wrong gas mask for that costume and I also don't think the media would be that big of an issue considering America has already cured some of its Ebola sufferers. Plus it's a rare occasion when they come around anywhere but large organized events.
You'd be surprised just how uptight some people get about things that aren't politically correct. :roll:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

And that's as far as I'm going to let this conversation go. We don't allow discussion of controversial topics, and when someone says "political correctness", that's where it's heading.

I personally have no plans other than buying the candy that goes on sale and gaining a pound or two because of said candy.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I plan on trying on an old Jason Voorhees costume and bring it to work this year with a giant Nerf sword. It would creep them out, but oh so funny. X3

Also - I'm totally an alien on the web this year. BLARGLABWA! *Grows two extra arms, antennas, thick teeth and glowing green eyes* BOOGA BOOGA!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

I remember going as Jason a few years back... I had a novelty machete filled with fake blood. I still have it around here somewhere. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I debated on whether or not I should dress up. But ultimately I decided not to.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

White rabbit costume and going out trick-or-treating with my sister... even though I'm 16.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I was going to dress up for my band's Halloween concert and for my friends' party. But my band suddenly broke up and I find out I'm scheduled to work at 6 in the morning the day after Halloween so that's not happening anymore. :/ Kinda sad about it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah. I can imagine how bad that must suck.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Only one day left guys. One day till all of the candy goes on sale.

*Gets ready to increase his belt by one notch*
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Do you know what I want? Candy corn. That stuff is so good!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

I'm planning on getting taffy... lots of taffy. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm gonna have to find a way to get candy since I'm not going out and nobody is doing it.
Douglas Collier

I (Doug, I mean) am going to be a werecorgi on Halloween (and not just this Halloween). ;)
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I'll be handing out slices of bread to those who knock on my door.
Maybe if they're lucky somebody will be giving out scoops of jam... or cold cuts
Panda Panda Panda
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I love this holiday, it is my favorite.

I am going out Trick or Treating with friends, and tomorrow I am going to Fright Night at Kennywood. It is an amusement park with haunted houses and roller coasters.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I don't have plans. Traditionally, I've had to work Halloween. *giggles* I'm 27 and without kids, so extorting candy from people in exchange for not breaking their cars' tail lights with a baseball bat or burning down their outhouses isn't much of an option. I'm not a party-goer and, in any case, have few offline contacts.

I've considered the possibility of making an ambulance costume at some point.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Dissension wrote:I don't have plans. Traditionally, I've had to work Halloween. *giggles* I'm 27 and without kids, so extorting candy from people in exchange for not breaking their cars' tail lights with a baseball bat or burning down their outhouses isn't much of an option. I'm not a party-goer and, in any case, have few offline contacts.

I've considered the possibility of making an ambulance costume at some point.
Hope you can make that before the end of the day. :P
Deske

Post by Deske »

I'm only 17, I'm now too old to trick or treat because it's weird to walk to random people's houses and ask for candy in exchange for not temporarily defacing their property.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Deske wrote:I'm only 17, I'm now too old to trick or treat because it's weird to walk to random people's houses and ask for candy in exchange for not temporarily defacing their property.
I am 16 and going tonight. I'd say 17 is the last years you should Trick or Treat. I know I am going tonight and next year, though next year will probably be my last.

My parents have been telling me I was too old to Trick or Treat for 3 years now, though, it helps to go over a friends house where no one knows you.

Also, you know, I am weird, so I am fine with doing that. :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Going to Sam's Club with my costume on, little makeup. Tonight, though, I'll have tons of rabbit makeup ^^
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Also, Halloween 2014 is the first time in 666 years that Halloween has fallen on Friday the 13th.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Cool fact, but...

Not true. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

13th or the 31st?
But wait, it's on the Internet - it must be true! :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Halloween can't fall on Friday the 13th because Halloween doesn't fall on the 13th.

Unless you are a dyslexic.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Here is me with full white rabbit costume on ^^
HNI_0088_JPG.JPG
HNI_0088_JPG.JPG (49.46 KiB) Viewed 17953 times
HNI_0082_JPG.JPG
HNI_0082_JPG.JPG (47.23 KiB) Viewed 17953 times
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

I had a good night with some new friends. Yesterday, I dyed my hair grey, so I got some interesting looks tonight :lol:
This is me, I just got home
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (174.63 KiB) Viewed 17942 times
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo