Feelings of nostalgia thread

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Feelings of nostalgia thread

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To get to the bank, I have to drive down the road I went to to get to my middle school.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Today I watched all 3 YouTube rewinds, and I felt so much nostalgia for the 2013 one. 2013 seemed to be the best year I ever had. I saw so much and said I remembered that. I also couldn't believe it has been so long since those came out. The 2012 one also offered nostalgia, though not as much as the 2013. I loved What Does the Fox Say and other things from 2013. :D
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Today I watched Tom & Jerry for the first time in years. It was such a big part of my childhood! ^u^
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

The Way back Machine - Internet Time Machine. I have visited so many websites with that.
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

Most nostalgia for me comes from music. When I was little, there would always be music playing in my mom's car, and whenever I hear those songs it I remember those golden times when the world was so bright. <3

One such song is Trouble in Shangri-La by Stevie Nicks. The whole album is like a gate into the past for me.
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Deske wrote:The Way back Machine - Internet Time Machine. I have visited so many websites with that.
I have used that website so much in the past 7 months, love it. Strange thing is though, probably around 90% of the time I am not even browsing old sites, I am saving current ones. I sort of became addicted to saving sites in that thing. :roll:
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjmCJVepuM0

Here's part of my child hood.

These were fixtures on our color TV when I was six through ten years old - and at age ten, I would take my snow shoveling & car washing money and go to the store to buy copies of Mad magazine, Car toons, and popular hot rodding. We had Hot wheels tracks, the cars, and the carrying cases. We also had TTP cars (turbo tower of power), Schwinn crate & Huffy Dragster bicycles, Whizzer tops, and more. We could go all over the neighborhoods and townships, run amuck, play in the ditches and woodlots all over the community, do hide & seek wherever, and if we got in trouble too badly (especially if we broke something), the neighbors would call our parents and we'd have some 'Splaining to do. So, we usually listened to their scolding very politely, agreed and apologized, and helped fix anything we might have messed up. That's how we usually avoided 'big trouble', because that way, our parents wouldn't get a call and would be none the wiser. Learned a lot of lessons about life that way.

Mom rang a bell on the porch during the summer when it was dinner time that we could hear from all over the neighborhood. We raced our bikes behind the police station, the fire department flooded the field behind the station each winter, and we went ice skating there, without parental supervision. Of course, that meant there was usually someone else's dad or mom there and even if you didn't know them, you listened and did what they told you to do.

TV was for Saturday mornings from 6 AM until noon, and then you played until dark, usually outside. We didn't get to see much TV during the weekdays, except for maybe an hour or so once or twice during the week. During the mornings during the summers, we'd grab our hammers and bikes, ride around some of the new housing developments, comb through the dirt for discarded nails, bits of plywood and cast-off shreds of tar paper and being them home to build forts in someone's back yard. We had two or three really-cool forts over the years, complete with battery powered lighting, blankets, and about a million baseball cards. Plus, a hatch over a hole in the ground where we could store the secret gallon jug of cool-aid!

In the late evenings, we would gather up five or six of us kids and we'd play a game of cream-o, which is sort of like Football without rules. That was a chance for us younger kids to play with the older boys: Of course, we'd never catch them but it was fun nonetheless to hang out with the teenagers.

That was what a kid's life in the early 1970's was like.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I went to visit my old high school and the teachers there and I was hit with a large wave of nostalgia. High school was one of my favorite times in my life.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

High school was awkward for me - However I get nostalgia feelings whenever I visit the community college - for it was there that I really grew up and felt liberated! I remember feeling top-of-the-world when I turned 20, and I was sitting in the parking lot in my fresh '77 Camaro, new Pioneer stereo on, looking at a paycheck for my $6.89/hour job and a report card full of A's.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I got another blast of nostalgia the other day when me and my boyfriend took his 4 year old cousin to Friendly's. I remember fondly how every Halloween after trick-or-treating we would go to Friendly's to have a meal and ice cream. Ah. Good times. Good times...
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

A few months ago I came across Kirby's Pinball Land for Game Boy at a vintage video games store and bought it to relive my childhood. I'm surprised at how often I play it and don't grow tired of it, like Tetris! I guess I just like pinball lol

I've been wanting to play Pokemon for Game Boy again, but not Red or Blue or Yellow, I'm done with those. Gold or Silver. I never finished the Johto storyline.