The Broke Thread

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sinder

The Broke Thread

Post by Sinder »

We don't appear to have a fix-it thread for problems with the forum, so here's one for everyone.

Is anyone else getting some weird formatting problems? Specifically, I'm seeing a bunch of ASCII symbols in place of apostrophes (check Buck's general info thread over in the comic section, which I am too lazy to link to, for several examples). I assume that this has something to do with the last forum software update.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ChewyChewy

Re: The Broke Thread

Post by ChewyChewy »

I saw that, and I also saw it in the Housepets! theme song thread, specifically in the lyrics to the song, the apostrophes instead turn into those.

However, I haven't noticed that on any of my own posts, and other posts also seem to be fine....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Ebly

Re: The Broke Thread

Post by Ebly »

I have a potential reason maybe?

Buck formats his longer posts in Word before he puts them here, meaning that the little default apostrophes become the proper curvy ones, thanks to Word's autoformat. I know those ones don't work on a lot of websites for some reason. What I don't know is why they worked before and don't now.

Everyone else's apostrophes seem fine, I've only noticed some of Buck's posts being ASCII-fied, which is why I've kind of assumed this is the reason. Could definitely be far wrong.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.