Table Top RPG's

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Cm4F

Table Top RPG's

Post by Cm4F »

Hi. I found out that there isn't a discussion thread about table top RPG's and thought it would be cool it have one. Here, you can talk about games that you are running, games you're planning to run, or games that you have played or are currently playing. This is not limited to D&D. But, and I assume that this goes without saying, make sure that your discussions are forum appropriate.

I am also making this thread for my sake as well, because I'd like to get y'all's advice one a game that I'm making. For those of you who are familiar with the anime Hunter x Hunter, I could use your help. I'm trying to write a game that's based on this anime. It's gonna be in a world of my design (a country that's composed of 10 plus islands), and the story will be based on what the character's personal quests are. Like, I'm going to ask my players to decide why their characters want to become Hunters and make the game based on their characters having their own adventures. It's gonna have main things like the Hunter Exam, Nen, groups similar to the Spiders, etc.

I've never created or run a table top game before and I'm a little nervous on how it's going to end up, and honestly, I'm struggling to come up with some good phases for the Hunter Exam. I want them to be challenging of course and puzzle/riddle like. Also, I want them to be set up so my players can easily come together in game and become friends, much like Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio, but make sure I'm not railroading them into that.

Do any of y'all have some ideas for Hunter Exam phases or puzzles? I'll greatly appreciate anything I can get.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
ShrimpGumbo

Re: Table Top RPG's

Post by ShrimpGumbo »

Well there are thousands of ideas for that, however you we can narrow it down. You could pick a card showing a rooom and have to find out how to escape it, or simply ask riddles, E.T.C, E.T.C, E.T.C. ;) Forget everything I just said, I only read your entire comment now. I'm so stupid. :oops:
Smile and the whole world smiles with you, and silently labels you an idiot.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Table Top RPG's

Post by Sleet »

I can't say I've ever seen that show, but I've got some experience with tabletop games and would be able to give some advice if you have questions about designing in general!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!