Do you still own/sleep with stuffed animals/plushies?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 34

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I do. I own a blue sock monkey my grandma made named Joe, a raccoon named Gatsby (by my sister), a Beaker plush (the Muppet), Gengar, Pikachu, Snivy, Torchic.

But I only sleep with Gatsby and Joe.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Douglas Collier

Re: Do you still own/sleep with stuffed animals/plushies?

Post by Douglas Collier »

I have quite a few stuffed animals that I've accumulated throughout my life, but most of them are stored in a cardboard box in my closet or in designated play areas in our house for when kids come to visit. Most of them are unnamed, except for Charlie, a stuffed panda I've had since I was little, and Shep, a wolf puppet with a sheep hood. I very rarely sleep with them (I have real animals to snuggle with *hugs whippet* =3 ).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I have many from my childhood I wish I knew where they were, but there are still some from that time I have and keep in my bed. I have Fluff Pup (one of the first prizes I won), Masked Pup (won in second grade for a Halloween costume contest), Snuggle Bunny (first stuffed animal), a few Webkinz that I don't remember the names for, and a Snivy I got in 8th grade at Cedar Point on a field trip.

Fluff Pup is a really fluffy stuffed dog that flops around, Masked Pup is a small toy that vibrates when you pull a string, Snuggle Bunny is a small stuffed yellow bear thing, the Webkinz are just Webkinz, and the Snivy is from the last thing I did at my old school, and I loved my old school.

I have memories with each of the ones I keep on my bed, and they are nice. I also hug them when I am really sad (like when my Grandma died), when I just want to hug something, cry, and fall asleep. So I still have them and love them. I refuse to allow my parents to give them away or get rid of them. The memories I have with each are great.

I think I have some more somewhere, and I will explain them as well if I remember them, but that is just what I have on my bed at all times. So yes, that technically means I still sleep with them.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

My ferret Meeko claimed all my stuffed animals and decided to hide them all over my apartment. But he pays me back by climbing into my bed and sleeping with me, it is so much better then a stuffed animal.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I only have three that I have and sleep with. A moose named Max, a teddy bear named "Danielle" (after me) and a Bubba battery powered bear that was popular in the late 1990s.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

All mine were donated to my own kids when they were little, and they pretty much loved them to pieces. Now I am my own stuffed animal.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

I still have this Pikachu plushie/backpack that my dad won at the local exhibition, it's been hanging on my closet door for many years now. I don't sleep with it per say, but it's still with me. :3
All your acorns are belong to us.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I only really ever slept with 3 stuffed animals. The first one, Teddy, wore through and was eventually just a bunch of stuffingless appendages. the second, now bear, was a stuffed polar bear on which I put the empty head of Teddy. like a franken-teddy. third was a mouse made of a similar material to the first I called him Teddy mouse. just a pale imitation.

oh yeah then I guess last year I did a free build-a-bear thing at my school and slept with another stuffed bear for a semester. called him Beary.

also, if I can get a Fennekin plushie or something else nerdy of that nature, I'd sleep with them too.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I sleep with literally dozens. I have my whole life. <3 Though if I'm cuddling one while asleep, it's usually either my arctic fox Polaris or the red fox Trickster my mate gave me for my birthday. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In my cupboard at home I have three rabbits (two big, on small), a bear and a clown. The small rabbit I've had since I was born and the bear since I was about 3. The others must have come later, I think. I haven't slept with any of them for years though.

For my birthday this year though Render and Huk sent me Dotti, a toy Eastern Quoll. Dotti now sits on my desk and helps me work and sometimes she sneaks up onto my shoulder so she can see my computer screen.

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Not anymore. I remember when I was 5-6 I use to sleep with the TMNT action figures. =P

I do miss the Gabumon stuffed doll, however...
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh how much I loved Gabumon and had a crush on Matt when I was younger. I was ANGRY when they put him and Sora together.

But thats off-topic. Surprisingly the Bubba doll still works.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I've always liked stuffed animals, playing a lot with them in my childhood. The only remained plushes I still have are 4 pandas and 1 tiger cub, and are the newest ones I got. Now they lay abandoned on a shelf. :P I had many more, like some cats, some bears and even a parrot.

That's awesome, Furr! :D
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I had a couple of stuffed animals, knitted or crocheted by my mother and grandma. I remember a crocodile, a snail, and a snake of around 3 meters. And I also had a little lamb that I loved most. I still have that lamb, it's sitting in my closet. I don't have any stuffed animals in my bed I slept with all of them earlier, but not anymore.
tychoaussie wrote:All mine were donated to my own kids when they were little, and they pretty much loved them to pieces. Now I am my own stuffed animal.
A human stuffed animal. murrr~
Civilization wrote:My ferret Meeko claimed all my stuffed animals and decided to hide them all over my apartment. But he pays me back by climbing into my bed and sleeping with me, it is so much better then a stuffed animal.
Oh, that's SO cute. I'm jealous.
Hlaoroo wrote:For my birthday this year though Render and Huk sent me Dotti, a toy Eastern Quoll. Dotti now sits on my desk and helps me work and sometimes she sneaks up onto my shoulder so she can see my computer screen.
We're glad you like her.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Render wrote:I had a couple of stuffed animals, knitted or crocheted by my mother and grandma. I remember a crocodile, a snail, and a snake of around 3 meters. And I also had a little lamb that I loved most. I still have that lamb, it's sitting in my closet. I don't have any stuffed animals in my bed I slept with all of them earlier, but not anymore.
Render had a little lamb? was it's fleece white as snow?

also, don't forget your stuffed baby :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I have a few animal friends under my bed and around my room.
I never actually liked stuffed animals when I was a kid because they would always watch me sleep :shock:
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:also, don't forget your stuffed baby :P
I think that's made of rubber, but I could be wrong.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I realized that I do indeed own some plushes. I have plush dolls of the Ancient Egyptian gods Anubis and Bast, another of Jason Voorhees from the "Friday the 13th films, and finally a plush of Rainbow Dash that a friend gave me as a birthday present.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Aren't you afraid that Jason will come to life and kill you? :|
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Render wrote:I had a couple of stuffed animals, knitted or crocheted by my mother and grandma. I remember a crocodile, a snail, and a snake of around 3 meters. And I also had a little lamb that I loved most. I still have that lamb, it's sitting in my closet. I don't have any stuffed animals in my bed I slept with all of them earlier, but not anymore.
Render had a little lamb? was it's fleece white as snow?
XD Yes, it was.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:also, don't forget your stuffed baby :P
Oh, yes... I nearly forgot. That one I also take with me into my basket for sleeping. :)
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Radio Blue Heart

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Aren't you afraid that Jason will come to life and kill you? :|
No. Its the friendly looking dolls you have to lookout for.
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Chuckie was a friendly doll until he was possessed.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Oh, I also forgot to say that I have an orange heart-shaped pillow with a flame pattern on the front with Charizards on the front as well. The hospital I was at when I had appendicitis (which was I think either 9 or 10 years ago) made it for me to hold against my side when I walked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Deske

Post by Deske »

My mom moved away so we went through my stuff and I gave away a bunch of my stuffed animals. I had quite the horde, including 3 tubs of beanie babies.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I think I might still have three stuffed animals that I had as a baby. They were a rabbit, elephant, and sheep or pig (I honestly can't remember) and they were all blue.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The Charizard pillow sounds like it was a really nice pillow! I wish I could have seen it!
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

I had enough stuffed animals to fill a zoo. Now I've only my stuffed tiger who sits atop my bookshelf. Not sure where the others all went.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:In my cupboard at home I have three rabbits (two big, on small), a bear and a clown. The small rabbit I've had since I was born and the bear since I was about 3. The others must have come later, I think. I haven't slept with any of them for years though.

For my birthday this year though Render and Huk sent me Dotti, a toy Eastern Quoll. Dotti now sits on my desk and helps me work and sometimes she sneaks up onto my shoulder so she can see my computer screen.

I have 6 friends that wear those same glasses. :lol: Apparently that's a popular model.

Anyways, I had maybe 30-40 when I was a kid. Don't anymore, tho.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

When I was young, I used to sleep with a toy polar bear and a toy orca, both I remember fondly. In my teens, I had a stint of sleeping with a rubber rat which I still have today (although its in very bad shape now)

I own quite a few Pokemon plushies nowadays, mainly pikachu, but I also have a charmander, jolteon and a fennekin plushie. I don't sleep with them but they don't always just sit there either. I like to for a minute or two every now and then do things like pat them and occasionally talk to them. Bit crazy I know but I'm a very vocal being when it comes to talking to myself because I find it helps me often to sift through my thoughts. (And no, haven't had voices answer back yet, not that crazy as of yet!)
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The Charizard pillow sounds like it was a really nice pillow! I wish I could have seen it!
I still have it. I'll take a picture of it when I'm able to.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really will look forward to the picture that you are gonna take. I'm sure that it will be a cute one!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I have the most pillow-appropriate Pokémon pillow: a Snorlax. He's been my favorite pillow for over a decade. <3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I had a large Squirtle pillow and my sister had a Pikachu one. I wonder what happened to them.
Douglas Collier

Therolyn wrote:a toy orca
You reminded me of one of my favorite stuffed animals I ever had. When I was little, I went to Sea World in San Diego and my dad bought me an orca plush - a very particular one. It had a somewhat upward arched back and it's tongue stuck out. I almost thought I'd never see one like it again, but yesterday I found one on eBay that I'm pretty sure is the same one and bought it. Here is what I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-FEED-ME-KIL ... 0737484772
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What happened to the original orca you had?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

My answer was yes.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Douglas Collier

Amazee Dayzee wrote:What happened to the original orca you had?
I have no idea. It just got lost somewhere a long time ago, I guess.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Aww, that's sad. :( But it's cool you found another one!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think most of my animals were actually thrown away. I didn't pay much attention to them when I was younger.
Radio Blue Heart

Here they are. Anubis, Bast, Jason Voorhees and Rainbow Dash.
-Virgil