What do you guys think of me?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

What do you guys think of me?

Post by JeffCvt »

So I've recently felt rather disconnected from you guys because of my tendency to lurk more than post, and this has left me feeling a little "meh" about my presence on this forum.

You see, I don't want to be seen as "that mod", I want to be seen as "that other forum member." And I just don't feel that's happening. So that's why I'm starting this thread.

1: I'd like to hear what you all think of me. I'd like to see where I stand with you guys right now. I'm pretty sure no one will have anything negative to say, but then again, you may not have much of anything to say either way.

2: If you have any questions you'd like to ask me, ask away. I'll respond to anything you guys want to know. I'm hoping this part will help me "connect" more with you guys.

I duno how long I'll leave this thread open, so tell me what you think of me and if you have something to ask, ask. I promise I won't bite. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Saturn381

Re: What do you guys think of me?

Post by Saturn381 »

I think you're a nice guy and a good moderator. Though I do think you need to post more.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Sat May 16, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think you could post a bit more but you are a very nice person.
Deske

Post by Deske »

You don't post as much as other forum members, but you do post, so that's good. I don't actively see what you do, mainly because I'm a forum user and I don't get to see what the higher ups are doing. I'm pretty sure I've seen you take control of situations effectively when you're on to do so. If it wasn't you then it was someone else, but that's not what this is about. You lurk a lot, not saying it's bad, you seem like you know what you're doing, A+ on that. Personally you are neither "That Mod" nor "That Other Forum Member" to me because I don't see you enough to make that kind of decision, you're just kind of there at various points in time, from my PoV at least.
You're active enough to keep your position
You know how to do your job
You don't seem like a bad guy to me, I'd trust you to not bite me :P
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

i have certainly been grateful for some of your posts explaining rules and whatnot, keeping me from doing something stupid...
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

From my dealings with you, I've found you're really good about answering PMs, addressing concerns, answering questions, and troubleshooting. I think those qualities make you a good mod.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Okay, so you all answered how you see me, and it's what I would have thought. Glad to see I'm at least not thought of in a negative light. :P

And just so you guys know, I am answering any questions you have about me. Like, as an AMA (Ask me anything) type deal. Be it about the forum, me, or anything else you'd like to see me answer. I'm interested to see what kind of things people might be wondering about me. If you have something, please feel free to ask.

Though it's also possible there's not much people want to know. *Shruggs* Anyway, thanks to you guys who responded. It's much appreciated.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So we can ask anything about you huh?

Do you prefer cloth car seats or leather?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

:roll:
Well, I can't say I was expecting THAT question, but yes, anything.

As it is, I prefer "cloth" over leather any day. Leather just gets WAY to hot when it sits in direct sunlight. I prefer comfort over style.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

JeffCvt wrote::roll:
Well, I can't say I was expecting THAT question, but yes, anything.

As it is, I prefer "cloth" over leather any day. Leather just gets WAY to hot when it sits in direct sunlight. I prefer comfort over style.
:P Yeah. White and tan leather aren't even all that "stylish" anyways. Black, on the other hand...
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I think you're groovy.
Seriously, you may not post all that often,(neither do I ) but you do your job and I've never had a problem with you so in my opinion you're doing a great job.

If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well you did say ANYTHING! :lol:

But seriously, I suck at asking questions.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

trekkie wrote:If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?
Probably some kind of big Pine tree. They grow quick, stay green year round, and in my opinion, can have beautiful grain when the surface is prepared in a cabinet/furniture grade manor instead of building grade like 2X4's are. To be honest, I think Pine can have nicer grains than most common furniture wood (Oak, Cherry, Walnut, ect). The problem is that it's too soft, prone to warping, and has too many knots to use in stuff like that.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well you did say ANYTHING! :lol:
That I did. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

If you had to pick an animal (other than human) that you would have to live the rest of your life as in the Housepets! universe, what would you pick (and, if a dog, what breed)?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

If memory serves you know how to fix things/ work with your hands. So I assume you are a wizard and that scares me.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Douglas Collier wrote:If you had to pick an animal (other than human) that you would have to live the rest of your life as in the Housepets! universe, what would you pick (and, if a dog, what breed)?
I don't know honestly. If I had to choose, I'd probably pick wolf since they get closer to human size, and that would mean I could continue building/fixing things like I currently do without really being limited on the tougher physical stuff that I'd be used to doing. (EX: moving heavy equipment, carrying plywood, Ect)
Seth wrote:If memory serves you know how to fix things/ work with your hands. So I assume you are a wizard and that scares me.
Your memory only half serves. I only know how to fix things with my nose. Do you know how tough it is to use a pair of pliers with your nose? It's every bit as tough as it sounds.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

What's your favourite junk food?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*phases in from out of nowhere*

You post enough that I remember you regularly here. =3

So you are definitely posting enough times. Not everyone can be on everyday, but you gotta post often enough that it doesn't feel like you haven't posted for weeks. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

What's your favorite musical?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What is your career aspiration?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Render wrote:What's your favourite junk food?
I... uh... I can't say I have one. I like many different things I like, both healthy and not. I do have a huge soft spot for a particular local chain of pizzas though.
Saturn381 wrote:What's your favorite musical?
Les Misreables. Hands down.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:What is your career aspiration?
Master woodworker with a fully stocked shop that I could make anything in. I'd kill to have that by the time I'm 40.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think you're a really nice guy. You're nerdy and smart, but you're also very stable. That last quality seems like a very odd thing to highlight, but in my years on various internet communities, that's a very valuable (and somewhat rare) trait. :3

What's the heaviest thing you've ever lifted?

If you had to smooch the 20-year-old version of one US president, who would it be?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet wrote:but in my years on various internet communities, that's a very valuable (and somewhat rare) trait. :3
On another forum, I'm currently trying to work with the mods to do something nice for the creator because those people who let their emotions run way too wild make him feel not just unappreciated, but unwelcome. And the sad thing is out of... like, probably about 100 active members, it's only 3 or 4 that really do it on a regular basis. I digress now though, and thank you for that Sleet. You've said that to me before, but it's always nice to hear it.
Sleet wrote:What's the heaviest thing you've ever lifted?
I'd say the ladder rack for my truck 4 or 5 months ago when we painted it. When we put it back on, I had to pick it up in the middle, pretty close to the balance point. I had about 70 or 80% of the weight I'd say. Had to have been every bit of 150 pounds on a comparative knife's edge on my hands. Not fun.
Sleet wrote:If you had to smooch the 20-year-old version of one US president, who would it be?
Eh... tough choice. I honestly cannot give an answer because I would not want to smooch any US president at any age for the simple fact that I'm straight.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

JeffCvt wrote:
Sleet wrote:If you had to smooch the 20-year-old version of one US president, who would it be?
Eh... tough choice. I honestly cannot give an answer because I would not want to smooch any US president at any age for the simple fact that I'm straight.
She never said they couldn't be fictional U.S. Presidents :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

As a Microsoft fanboy, I find you're far too much of a Google fanatic for my taste. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Google fanboy and proud. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I use google for searching the web, but I use IE for browsing. keeping it old school =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Eh... tough choice. I honestly cannot give an answer because I would not want to smooch any US president at any age for the simple fact that I'm straight.[/quote]

This implies the obvious answer isn't Millard Fillmore regardless of orientation.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What was your favorite subject in school?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:What was your favorite subject in school?
Carpentry. I went to a Technical High School and Carpentry was my favorite out of all of my classes.

Though out of the "regular" subjects in school that everyone usually has to take, I'd say science. By High School, English was just too fru-fru with its constant "let's read and examine this story" and "learn these vocab words that you'll never use" instead of stuff I found useful outside of school. Math was the same problem, I was being taught complex stuff that, outside of the tests, would be useless to me personally. All of the other subjects weren't bad, but science was just cool because science experiments, and I find I tend to apply more of my general knowledge from that on a regular basis than anything else in my final years of school.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oooh! You went to a technical high school? So did I! It also had carpentry but I was more interested in business and in history!

Can you swim?
Douglas Collier

1) What are you most afraid of?
2) Where do you live? :twisted: :P
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

For security purposes, we strongly discourage users seeking or revealing others' personal information.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Liam

Post by Liam »

What's 3 multiplied by 7?

...oh, germane questions. In this case I got nuthin'.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Douglas Collier wrote:1) What are you most afraid of?
2) Where do you live? :twisted: :P
Jeff fears nothing. He is also next to the furret, one of the most likeable folks on staff.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Can you swim?
Yes. I can't say I'm amazing at it, but I can swim.
Douglas Collier wrote:1) What are you most afraid of?
Believe it or not, extension ladders. Not too long ago one kicked out while I was on top of it and let me tell you, it's not fun to fall 8 or 10 feet straight onto your back.

I didn't like them before that happened though. They're way too wobbly for me, and just a general pain in the butt to deal with anyway. (Note: I'm not afraid of heights. If I have solid footing, I'm totally fine being up high.)
Douglas Collier wrote:2) Where do you live? :twisted: :P
Somewhere between 8:30 and the color red. :P
Dissension wrote:For security purposes, we strongly discourage users seeking or revealing others' personal information.
Being totally serious about this question now, I will say I really have no problems with people knowing who I am or where I live, but at the same time, it's not really information I just give out. There are users who have found my name through various means, and as such can find/have found the general area I live in, but I request that should you find this information, it stay off of the forum.
Liam wrote:What's 3 multiplied by 7?
Foxstar wrote:Jeff fears nothing. He is also next to the furret, one of the most likeable folks on staff.
All I have to add on this is that pretty much ALL of our staff are likable. Just it be known that it is possible to get on my bad side with specific kinds of topics not allowed on this forum, and I can become very unlikable very quickly if that happens. Though in all my years of interweb, it's only ever happened once that someone made a comment that was so... uninformed... that I reverted to this "unlikable" part of me.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

Hehe, you wouldn't like my job, then. The other day we had to use a huge extension ladder to change lights right above a staircase. (It took us 3 hours to change 8 lights).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is it just extension ladders or is it heights also?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

JeffCvt wrote:I didn't like them before that happened though. They're way too wobbly for me, and just a general pain in the butt to deal with anyway. (Note: I'm not afraid of heights. If I have solid footing, I'm totally fine being up high.)
I've never been afraid of heights. I just don't like extension ladders in general because, by their design, they can't help but have a little bit of wobble when you extend them. I have never liked that wobble, but it's never deterred me from getting on one either. I will freely admit that I have done things on ladders that should not be done and I don't listen to that little voice saying "you shouldn't do that" nearly enough.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What a copout, Jeff. :P

Fine. Which female version of a 20-year-old version of a US president would you smooch? :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!