Tabletop Games!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

MrNeonShot

Tabletop Games!

Post by MrNeonShot »

A comic book store opened up close by, and they have tons of tabletop games like D&D and other tabletop games with names that slip my mind. This thread is designated for everyone who wants to talk about tabletop games.

So, onto topic of a specific tabletop game. This store got me really interested in these games, and the manager (aka "The Collector") literally gave me and my friends a "starter pack" for the game "Heroclix". The workers took the time to explain how the game works and how to play, and they were extremely nice. So, now I'm addicted to Heroclix. Does anyone else know about or play this game?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Tabletop Games!

Post by Seth »

I played heroclix and star wars minis from about the 6th grade all the way through high school. Heroclix is really cool, though it can get expensive. I had a lot of fun with it though.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I actually really wanted to get into tabletop games because I grew up playing the generic stuffs like Scrabble and Saidina (Malaysia's Monopoly). But as time goes by, video games sorta took over the gaming scene, and then mobile gaming. It's either that or DoTA2 which Malaysians somehow have a knack for. Not me though, I don't play MOBAs.

There is only one store dealing with tabletop games that I know of, and it's in the capital. Last time I was there, they were setting up to host an MTG tournament and this one game where there are game pieces set in a city paper plane. I think the pieces can be hand-painted as well.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Seth wrote:I played heroclix and star wars minis from about the 6th grade all the way through high school. Heroclix is really cool, though it can get expensive. I had a lot of fun with it though.
Yeah, I've had some fun playing so far, but my brother from his first pack has an impenetrable force... at least for my characters. So, either I play with my little brother or find a new person to play with because my brother is undefeatable to my teams.
kurowolfe wrote:I actually really wanted to get into tabletop games because I grew up playing the generic stuffs like Scrabble and Saidina (Malaysia's Monopoly). But as time goes by, video games sorta took over the gaming scene, and then mobile gaming. It's either that or DoTA2 which Malaysians somehow have a knack for. Not me though, I don't play MOBAs.

There is only one store dealing with tabletop games that I know of, and it's in the capital. Last time I was there, they were setting up to host an MTG tournament and this one game where there are game pieces set in a city paper plane. I think the pieces can be hand-painted as well.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I did see some games over at the comic book store that had paintable figures, but I didn't look into it.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I've played a few tabletop games at my anime club. A few of my favorites are Channel A, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, and Tales of the Arabian Nights.

when playing with my cousins I like Apples to Apples and The Game of Things.

and my brother just got one that's like a simplified Munchkin called Peasant Buffet. One of the creators is actually a former member of my anime club.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

I have a group of friends who I play D&D with, it's not often, but we do. It's pretty fun, most of the time.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I'm mainly a fan of Warhammer stuff, waiting on a friend to start a D&D campaign though. Should be interesting as I'm going to be bringing all of the gunpowder. Out of no coincidence that's also what I do with the Warhammer.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've only ever played a sort of D&D game on the way to camp, thanks to my friend's computer brain that can somehow remember everything without scratch paper.
I want to do an actual game, though.

I'm hoping to buy a Lord of the Rings team for Heroclix, but that might be a bit much :p
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

If you ever get across a card game called Munchkin try it. Its hard to explain and takes some time to get into it but its really funny.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Deske wrote:I have a group of friends who I play D&D with, it's not often, but we do. It's pretty fun, most of the time.
I'm jealous, i haven't had a D&D group since high school. Which edition?

Speaking of has anyone else played the new edition of D&D? It's really good, I only got to play a 3week modular story over winter break but I really liked it. It was the first time I ever played a monk and I had so much fun with it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Deske

Post by Deske »

3.5 the first few stories and 5e for this long one. Played a wizard wolf in 3.5 and a druid in 5e. Lesson learned, it can take a long time to create a character that isn't a basic starting race. Much easier for 5e because it asks less questions and seems to pose less problems.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I just usually play a dragon born because I'm too lazy to put in the work for a non basic starting race and they're the most exotic of the ones on the players handbook. In an old pathfinder game I was in I had a gm with a book of extra races though, that was really cool, I made a kobold witch. Good times.....
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I play D&D 3.5e by myself since no one else around me likes D&D. It's fun, boring, and hard all at the same time to come up with your own campaign, the four players, and pull of acting like your different people.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So apparently major heroclix tourneys only recognize DC and Marvel characters as usable characters despite there being Yugioh* and LOTR heroclix that came out at the same time :p
Luckily sci-fi factory allows you to play from any set!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I released a new dice game today. Check it out if your interested:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-4-roses

Thanks!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

When i think of Tabletop games, i think of Monopoly!
...and Nightmare...
...and Atmosphere...
...Balderdash :3

all of them scary games. Mwahahaha...
HAAAAAAAAhahahahahaaaaaaa!

but one of these days i gotta try a Tabletop D&D game.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I recently found what has become one my favorite tabletop RPGs, a game called Little Fears http://www.littlefears.com/ Specially the Nightmare Edition (Can't say I'm a fan of the first edition). It's a really fun game and I really enjoy making characters for it, which is one of my favorite parts of a RPG. It also feels like one of the few games I could GM.

And speaking of games I could GM the game Mouse Guard, based on the comic of the same name, is also fantastic. It's just too bad I can't find a group.

I do have a bunch of friends I play Pathfinder with though and I always enjoy that, but I think it's more because of the people I play with than the game itself.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

xhunterko wrote:I released a new dice game today. Check it out if your interested:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-4-roses

Thanks!
Looks like a fun game!
GameCobra wrote:When i think of Tabletop games, i think of Monopoly!
...and Nightmare...
...and Atmosphere...
...Balderdash :3

all of them scary games. Mwahahaha...
HAAAAAAAAhahahahahaaaaaaa!

but one of these days i gotta try a Tabletop D&D game.
I'd totally try a D&D game, if I could.
WeirdGamer wrote:I recently found what has become one my favorite tabletop RPGs, a game called Little Fears http://www.littlefears.com/ Specially the Nightmare Edition (Can't say I'm a fan of the first edition). It's a really fun game and I really enjoy making characters for it, which is one of my favorite parts of a RPG. It also feels like one of the few games I could GM.

And speaking of games I could GM the game Mouse Guard, based on the comic of the same name, is also fantastic. It's just too bad I can't find a group.

I do have a bunch of friends I play Pathfinder with though and I always enjoy that, but I think it's more because of the people I play with than the game itself.
Hey, what is Little Fears about?
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Little Fears is set in a world where there are monsters from a lace called Closetland who prey on children. Problem is only children believe in monsters and thus only they can see them. So you play as 6-12 year old kid who fights monsters using your wits, strength, and a form of magic called Belief. Like I said it's a ton of fun. I linked to the website above and it has some more information.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I used to be really big into "pen & paper" RPGs and miniatures games. I was in a D&D group for a while and would read the guidebooks for fun, along with those from the Star Wars RPG, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and a couple of less-popular games. In terms of miniatures, I collected Star Wars and Axis & Allies and there are some of each I still wanna get my hands on. *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I have a random assort of D&D miniatures and dungeon tiles. I also have some miniatures from a game called Heroscape, this strategy game I got but never played as a kid. They are about the same size as your standard miniatures and will do in a pinch.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think I've outplayed heroclix :p
I wish I had more money to get better, but I just can't afford to keep up in the game!