Amazee Dayzee

Re: Help Me 3D?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well at least the poem is really cool. xD
JustAThought

Post by JustAThought »

PHEW!
Time flies when everything is happening at once. Sorry for taking so long with this update, but I wanted to actually have some progress to show. It is getting pretty close.

This is the face before reapplying the topology
McKade_FacePrev.blend.jpg
McKade_FacePrev.blend.jpg (119.01 KiB) Viewed 6893 times
Here is the face after. This was exhausting, and I will probably not do it manually like this again. Or at least, not for the WHOLE BODY!
McKade_Face.blend.jpg
McKade_Face.blend.jpg (131.84 KiB) Viewed 6893 times
And, as I had some extra time, I have finally added a rig. Now, on to the color!
McKade_Rig.blend.jpg
McKade_Rig.blend.jpg (97.85 KiB) Viewed 6893 times
If you are curious about the tail, I am using a path and a spline Ik restraint to make the bones follow it. Once I add fur, it will look nicer, optimistically.
JustAThought

Post by JustAThought »

Just switched to arch linux. Took at least 14 hours in two 7 hour bouts to set up. Wooo!

Also, Completed flat coloring. ON TO TEH FURS (after shapekeys. Dangit)
McKadeColored.jpg
McKadeColored.jpg (61.06 KiB) Viewed 6873 times
JustAThought

Post by JustAThought »

Almost done with the fur. I need to add some longer fur around the head, some around the joints, and roughen the color transition to the hands and feet, but I wanted to make a small update. You may notice a bit of discoloration in the gray fur. Small mistake that shall be soon rectified, I assure you.

MckadeRelaxedRender.jpg
MckadeRelaxedRender.jpg (228.35 KiB) Viewed 6851 times
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

That is really impressive! The pose looks awesome, and the fur looks great! Can't wait to see what comes next!
My DA can be found Here!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Wow! Very nice job on that fur!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
JustAThought

Post by JustAThought »

I made shape keys that allow him to open his mouth (no teeth. Sorry. I didn't think I was going to make the mouth open until later, when the window of opportunity for such details was quite the opposite), smile, frown, blink, and look around. More renders will have to wait, though. This last one took about two hours, and behold, testing week is upon us! I dare not tarry any longer.
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

looking good but the fur looks patchy in some places
Foxes unite!!!!!!
JustAThought

Post by JustAThought »

snappyfox wrote:looking good but the fur looks patchy in some places
Mostly, thats just a bit of discoloration due to an unfortunate mixup of colors. I was able to fix the discoloration for the most part with the mighty gimp, and I ended up lengthening the fur slightly to smooth it out a bit. Thank you for the constructive criticism. It really helps.

At this moment, I think that I will call this model finished for the time. There is a sizeable number of adjustments I could make the joints and fur to make them look lovelier, but I think that I will give myself, and McKade, a rest. After all, just look at how tired he is! At any rate, I shall be moving to other projects for the near future, such as Douglas. If anyone would like to see any particular renders of McKade, however, I would be happy to oblige. I can always use practice with lighting.

As for improvements from last time, I added gloss to the eyes, and nose, though you can't see it, as well as the head fur, and some general adjustements to the rest of the body fur.
McKadeSittingRender.jpg
McKadeSittingRender.jpg (239.83 KiB) Viewed 6798 times
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Very nice!
JustAThought wrote:At any rate, I shall be moving to other projects for the near future, such as Douglas.
Woo! :D
Make sure to use all the references of King you can find for the body shape and proportions. ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

there some videos with great fur information is how I made a fluffy bear I can link it if you like
Foxes unite!!!!!!
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

Well, that came out very well! Thanks again for making my character, its nice to see something from someone else with James in it. Can't wait to see what you do next!
My DA can be found Here!