So.....Dungeons and Dragons?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Buster
Game Master

Re: So.....Dungeons and Dragons?

Post by Buster »

That's odd... it says i made the last post, but it wont show it...

EDIT: yet it will show this one? What?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dusk

Post by dusk »

I had the exact same issue!
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

a little while after yours i posted a message that was just the word 'TEST' to see if it would mess up like how it was showing blasterizer was the last poster when you actually were.

if you look in the history down at the bottom of the the 'new post' window it's there, but it's not in the actual thread.

Eenyhoo, back on topic, as a general rule i rarely use chat programs.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I had similar issues with the Welcome Thread; no matter who was the last post, the most recent button would always send me to the same message.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dusk

Post by dusk »

I had a similar issue, D-Rock.

So, what would your prefer then, Buster?

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

as strange as it sounds, chatrooms feel 'too social' for me. emotionally I don't get anything out of direct interaction, other than stress. I can only really relax when I'm alone, even around family or my closest friends I'm always a bit on edge, but i put up with it for their sake. But after dealing with customers all day the LAST thing I want is MORE of that.

indirect communication such as through a forum, or an in game text-box or player-avatar interactions, is comfortable though. Maybe because it's not people, just proxies OF people... if that makes any sense. But Voice, Video, or Face to Face? No, Not happening, not comfortable in the slightest.

As to what to do... the start and end times of my shifts are one of three possibilities any given day. on the latest of the three, I'm usually off work, at home and on-line by 7pm, mountain time, (6:00 Pacific, 8:00 central, 9:00 east, 10:00 atlantic, 10:30 newfie) and i'm up for 2-4 hours before turning in for the night, except Fridays because the weekend shifts are less varied and consistently start earlier, so I'm asleep earlier Friday night, but have a good two hours more free time Saturday and Sunday. If that works for you guys just let me know what program you plan to use and what day. if not no big deal.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Hey, don't worry about it. I don't exactly enjoy being socially interactive, outside of this place. A thing that happened to me a few weeks ago didn't help, but I completely understand.

I promise I will try my best to find away to weave as many people as possible into a plan. I intend on staying up late tonight to try and figure this out.

*Russian Intensifies*
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

I don't especially like talking to new people all that much either, but for D&D it seems pretty essential. Player to player interaction is too integral to the game.
My DA can be found Here!
Llyrelated

Post by Llyrelated »

If you guys are starting a D&D group I might be interested in joining, if that’s okay
“Brave words from a man not holding a squid”
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

TheBlasterizer wrote:I don't especially like talking to new people all that much either, but for D&D it seems pretty essential. Player to player interaction is too integral to the game.
Typing out a few messages in game isn't an issue, like I said that feels different. Less personal. I just refuse to use chat programs.
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

It seems like we have enough people interested in this to do it, so if anyone wants to get on discord to discuss how we can make this work, just message me.
My DA can be found Here!
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I love the idea of DnD but me and my friends are kinda bad and non-commital so everything is like . . .DnD lite. Or a degenerate version of the game. We're always just restarting new characters and doing things. Currently I'm playing a farmer peasant who becomes an adventurer because of this Mid-life crisis. This comes as a terrible shock and awful burden to his estranged warlock son with some wizardy name, but everytime the dad is around he calls him Kevin and tells embarrassing stories about his childhood and acting like a lame dad everytime his with his party.