Pit-fighters by Rick Griffin?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Zenir

Pit-fighters by Rick Griffin?

Post by Zenir »

I saw a post on Instagram with characters not from housepets with the title "Pit Fighters by Rick Griffin", after that I noticed another 2-3 pics dedicated to those carachters (one of them is a bunny called "Paris") is It another comic by Rick? If so, where can I find it?
I couldn't find it anywhere, not even on his site... But maybe I missed it... Thanks in advance :)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Pit-fighters by Rick Griffin?

Post by Obbl »

Nothing beyond a handful of pictures have been made for the Pit Fighters universe. Rick's given a few general details on Twitter, and if I remember correctly the idea to actually make something from that universe remains a future possibility. Alas, there's likely nothing more than you've seen as of yet.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Well, except for some description texts under pictures like here https://rickgriffin.deviantart.com/art/ ... -495173483 there is nothing like a short story as far as I know.
ImageImage
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

Oh thanks guys!
It's a pity, I really hoped there would be some kind of webcomic like housepets! Maybe the idea is not for everybody, but the characters already look REALLY well designed :) is there anybody else here on the forums who would like to see this become a (buyable) comic or am I the only one? :D
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Would be interesting, but it would take Rick a while to make one since he is working on a few different projects right now.
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Rick tends to make a bunch of story ideas and release art, but if/when he realizes them as a full project isn't always clear. Who knows what he'll do with this story?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

Sleet wrote:Rick tends to make a bunch of story ideas and release art, but if/when he realizes them as a full project isn't always clear. Who knows what he'll do with this story?
one thing is sure! The backstory is really fascinating and even though just a few pictures were released I immediately felt emotionally attached to the characters! ^^ Just 3-4 of them were actually portraied, for now: Toto, Logan, Paris and the Grand Champion (the huge kangaroo in MX682XM picture is apparently called "Sultan")

for reference; he released this storyboard. Pit fighters seem to be bound in a sort of contract-slave situation, like gladiators.
The interesting thing is that some characters clearly don't fit the setting and it would be nice to see how they got in this mess and how they are gonna escape from it! ^^ maybe some sort of crazy breakout? maybe behind their meek appearance hides some serious hand-to-hand skill? who knows, so many possibilites, but they sure look cute as heck :)
Attachments
no refunds.jpg
no refunds.jpg (230.02 KiB) Viewed 7086 times
Last edited by Zenir on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

When I first noticed that part of Ricks work, I couldn't stop associating Paris with Zach. They have a pretty similar look
ImageImage
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The stag seems to agree with you, Zenir.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

MX682XM wrote:When I first noticed that part of Ricks work, I couldn't stop associating Paris with Zach. They have a pretty similar look
I thought the same thing!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Hope Zach doesn't end up in a match like that, though.

Regardless, the Pit Fighters project looks pretty interesting.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.