What are you best dreams?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Ebly

Re: What are you best dreams?

Post by Ebly »

People wrote:Lucid dreaming is rare
Dang, I feel special now
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Zander

Post by Zander »

I had a dream that i was on the forums.... for the whole night...

I. had. a. dream. about. the. forums.

I need to find something else to do.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

I once had a dream in the first grade that this one kid threw me off the golden gate bridge. The next day, that same kid threw a chair up at the classroom lights and shattered them. hm..........
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

That kid sure does like throwing things :/

I have a few memorable dreams, except most of them were haunting, and the strange thing is, there were these 2 that I have dreamed over 5 times each >.<. And it was so basic to, basic enough to last from 10-30 seconds then repeats over and over. So I might have had each of those 2 dreams like 30 or so times each. I am so happy that it has ended. :)
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Zander wrote:One time i fell asleep, and halfway through the normal dream, i somehow realized i was in a dream, and stayed asleep, so i could do anything i wanted. I woke up when i crashed the Ferrari.
Dang, i wish i could lucid dream! I would probably dream of Freddy Kruger and then laugh as he couldn't hurt me. Then ill drown him in a sea of ranch dressing and fly away to take a hike on the sun. I want to lucid dream so badly now D:it just seems so unreal :(
The Game

Post by The Game »

I had a dream, where me and one of my really close guy friends were skipping through the hallway of our school, crashed into some random cheerleaders having a cheer leading class in the hall way, and collided into my best friend, who got mad at us. oh, we also trampled a really annoying girl i don't like.

That was a very nice dream. :lol:
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Typhon wrote:
Zander wrote:One time i fell asleep, and halfway through the normal dream, i somehow realized i was in a dream, and stayed asleep, so i could do anything i wanted. I woke up when i crashed the Ferrari.
Dang, i wish i could lucid dream! I would probably dream of Freddy Kruger and then laugh as he couldn't hurt me. Then ill drown him in a sea of ranch dressing and fly away to take a hike on the sun. I want to lucid dream so badly now D:it just seems so unreal :(
It's only happened to me twice that I can remember, but apparently you can train yourself to do it.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I've never done a lucid dream...but, do you guys even remember your dreams?

I mean, the day after in the morning do you remeber? I'd imagine you dream every night...but I think I've had two dreams that I remember since the start of this year. One where I vomitted then ate the vomit again (it tasted like bread dough) and repeated...the vomit kept getting bigger and kept tasting worse though...

I alomst always forget whatever I have been dreaming about the moment I awaken.

Even more, I don't think I've ever dreamed in first person...I've always dreamed feeling the right things, yet never through my eyes. If i touched or tasted something I'd feel it, but I'd never be inside my body at the same time...
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

44R0NM10 wrote:I've never done a lucid dream...but, do you guys even remember your dreams?

I mean, the day after in the morning do you remeber? I'd imagine you dream every night...but I think I've had two dreams that I remember since the start of this year. One where I vomitted then ate the vomit again (it tasted like bread dough) and repeated...the vomit kept getting bigger and kept tasting worse though...

I alomst always forget whatever I have been dreaming about the moment I awaken.

Even more, I don't think I've ever dreamed in first person...I've always dreamed feeling the right things, yet never through my eyes. If i touched or tasted something I'd feel it, but I'd never be inside my body at the same time...
I remember relatively few of my dreams, but I do remember several that occurred over my entire life. And all of the ones I do remember are in first person.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

thanks...you know, I used to think dreams were just a way humans got rid of the emotions that cause them to do things no other animal does...and they do that don't they? In weird ways. Interpretting my own vomit dream (useing google and my own logic) could mean I was forcing myself to do something that I at first liked, but as it got bigger I started disliking it more and more. This is the last dream I rememeber, 27th September 2009. Dream journal. Eavryone should have one...however I started my dream journal on that day and I haven't added anything to it since. Dreams are quite rare to me...I should've looked at this before my previous post (I haven't had any this year).

Weird topic, and I'll never understand it...
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

44R0NM10 wrote:thanks...you know, I used to think dreams were just a way humans got rid of the emotions that cause them to do things no other animal does...and they do that don't they? In weird ways. Interpretting my own vomit dream (useing google and my own logic) could mean I was forcing myself to do something that I at first liked, but as it got bigger I started disliking it more and more. This is the last dream I rememeber, 27th September 2009. Dream journal. Eavryone should have one...however I started my dream journal on that day and I haven't added anything to it since. Dreams are quite rare to me...I should've looked at this before my previous post (I haven't had any this year).

Weird topic, and I'll never understand it...
Thank you, AP Psychology. :lol:

No one's completely sure what causes dreams, as many experts still debate it. You'll always find some people who'll swear on their mother's grave/life savings/Oprah that they're 100% sure what causes dreams, but there's no explanation that's widely held as undeniable truth. One of the theories is what you put, that dreams are used to interpret emotions. Another is that dreams are functions of the brain to sort all the information that's been obtained throughout the day, and another is the one Alex put: that dreams are a safety mechanism to keep you asleep and help you rest. The last theory I know of is that dreams are merely what the brain does when the rest of the body is activated: the brain can never really shut off, according to this theory, because that would cause death, so the brain takes memories and superimposes them onto nervous commands and reflexes to "entertain itself", or just to continue to function. However, because your body is "shut down" at this point, it's mostly disconnected from the brain, which is why these commands don't actually reach their intended body parts.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

And then my head exploded.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

they are...all really good explanations to dreams each with there own unique evidence to back themselves up. While I'm not changing my belief on dreams...I'm never getting into an argument because there's no winner.

You never did say your oppinion on the matter, my friend. I can't help but notice you've not even told us your best dream dispite having so much knowledge in the matter. Curiousity killed the cat, and it could be personnel...but you haven't even said what you think dreams are, even though you've said all the possibilities.

I feel smart with all my big words by the way :D

haha, Diss'on, if only I didn't take my time due to my unfortuneatly high curiousity...-sigh-
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

44R0NM10 wrote:they are...all really good explanations to dreams each with there own unique evidence to back themselves up. While I'm not changing my belief on dreams...I'm never getting into an argument because there's no winner.

You never did say your oppinion on the matter, my friend. I can't help but notice you've not even told us your best dream dispite having so much knowledge in the matter. Curiousity killed the cat, and it could be personnel...but you haven't even said what you think dreams are, even though you've said all the possibilities.

I feel smart with all my big words by the way :D

haha, Diss'on, if only I didn't take my time due to my unfortuneatly high curiousity...-sigh-
My opinion is that I don't have a degree in Psychology. :lol:
I can only really tell you the facts, I'm not sure which one is right, myself.

As for my best dream, I really don't have a best one, which is why I haven't posted it yet. I remember plenty, but they're all very random and irrelevant to my life, or would be traumatizing should they happen in real life. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Hmm... Well, not to throw a monkey wrench into those theories, but how does that explain dream-related phenomena? For example, I once had a psychic dream. ... Not 'psychic dream' in the sense that I was levitating things with my mind while asleep(Though that would be an admittedly cool dream), but that I had a dream about something, and the exact same thing occurred a few months later. Not just something similar, but the exact same thing I had dreamt about, in the same location, with the same person... That I didn't even recognize until then, because I'd only just met him a week before. It was to the point that I actually stopped in my tracks in the middle of talking when I realized it.

On a side note, someone should mop up Dissension's head-goo. It's a rather nasty mess.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Vadiant wrote:Hmm... Well, not to throw a monkey wrench into those theories, but how does that explain dream-related phenomena? For example, I once had a psychic dream. ... Not 'psychic dream' in the sense that I was levitating things with my mind while asleep(Though that would be an admittedly cool dream), but that I had a dream about something, and the exact same thing occurred a few months later. Not just something similar, but the exact same thing I had dreamt about, in the same location, with the same person... That I didn't even recognize until then, because I'd only just met him a week before. It was to the point that I actually stopped in my tracks in the middle of talking when I realized it.

On a side note, someone should mop up Dissension's head-goo. It's a rather nasty mess.
Yet another theory that I didn't remember before now is that dreams are actually periods where the brain's power increases because of the lack of need for bodily motion, which, while usually nothing, can lead to metaphysical occurrences. :P

You could have just had a wicked case of Deja Vu, though. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Wow...that's one tough way of describing a dream...I can't even understand that...

Dreams. Can't live with them. Can't live without 'em.

All I know for now is that I've thought too hard about them before bed. Are you describing 'Déjà vu' Seb? I mean, a large dose of course? It feel really weird...except I've never gone through anything for more then 5 seconds of that...let alone stopped mid sentance and had a dream beforehand about the events!

'Jamais vu' is a cool opposite of Déjà Vu. In Déjà Vu, you are doing something you've never done and it feels like you've done it before. in jamais vu, you're doing something you've done loads but forgot. Not like amneasia but there is a really cool way of experiancing it that I've tried and it works. I wrote 'door' laods on a sheet of paper until I started doubting my way of spelling it. It looked wrong if that makes sense. like espically instead of especially. You just feel it's wrong.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Teh Brawler wrote: Yet another theory that I didn't remember before now is that dreams are actually periods where the brain's power increases because of the lack of need for bodily motion, which, while usually nothing, can lead to metaphysical occurrences. :P

Deja Vu three months before the event actually happened? ... And Deja vu while I was asleep? xD I guess it's possible, but... Somehow, it seems almost less probable than the metaphysical brain thingies. ... Yes, I could use a more articulate word than 'thingies', but undermining science is one of my many purposes in life. I dunno if I believe that lack of bodily movement increases brain power though, because no offense, I'd be expecting a lot more psychic paraplegics otherwise. :shock:
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Vadiant wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote: Yet another theory that I didn't remember before now is that dreams are actually periods where the brain's power increases because of the lack of need for bodily motion, which, while usually nothing, can lead to metaphysical occurrences. :P

Deja Vu three months before the event actually happened? ... And Deja vu while I was asleep? xD I guess it's possible, but... Somehow, it seems almost less probable than the metaphysical brain thingies. ... Yes, I could use a more articulate word than 'thingies', but undermining science is one of my many purposes in life. I dunno if I believe that lack of bodily movement increases brain power though, because no offense, I'd be expecting a lot more psychic paraplegics otherwise. :shock:
It's not the lack of movement that's the key, it's the lack of having to focus on moving that's the difference. I don't really put a lot of stock in it, but it's a theory. :P

Also, I meant you had Deja Vu at the point when you were with the person.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Teh Brawler wrote: It's not the lack of movement that's the key, it's the lack of having to focus on moving that's the difference. I don't really put a lot of stock in it, but it's a theory. :P

Also, I meant you had Deja Vu at the point when you were with the person.
Hm... I suppose. Theories are very... Theoretical, by nature. xD

As for Deja Vu at the time, well, I vividly remember the dream having taken place in the first place. Waking up sweating and out of breath really early in the morning, with no idea why-- because the dream wasn't bad, just really weird. I forgot about it pretty soon after, like I do with most dreams. Which is why I stopped when it actually happened! I didn't have a recurrence of it happening then, so I doubt it was technically Deja Vu. I just realized it was the exact same thing, and was awe-struck, because I hadn't remembered the dream or even intended for it to play out that way, until after it did. I've had Deja Vu before, but I didn't feel like I'd done this before anywhere but in my dream.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Chron

Post by Chron »

I think it's more than coincidence that I found this topic right after I had a weird nightmare. Since I don't really remember any of my good dreams, I guess I could share this kinda bad one...

So apparently, I'm at my house but it isn't my house at the moment, but I know that it is my house in some other way, but I don't realize I'm dreaming. The living room light is busted, and I can't remember how, but I'm sitting on the couch talking with a man who's walking around the room. By pure dream logic, since the guy isn't bothered by the light being busted, I know he isn't the nicest of guys. Our exact conversation escapes me at the moment, but eventually I get to the subject of me getting back to where I came from, and the man just chuckles evily. He goes into the adjacent hallway, and I can hear him saying, "He wants to leave, be sure to tell him why he can't."
So I'm starting to panic, and I try the lights again, although I knew they were busted. Then, because I know this is my home in some other dimension or other, I know I left a wooden practice sword right next to the couch. I arm myself, and prepare to charge whoever's in the hallway waiting. I run into it, and see that it's Batman. Then I wake up, paranoid as ever. The dream kinda continued, but it wasn't really a dream so much as it was my imagination working overtime. That happens a lot when I first wake up from a dream.
*WARNING* This product contains A.D.H.D. and is therefore liable to suddenly lose interest in what he's saying, stare into space for unknown amounts of time, and point at random objects shouting, "Look, a chicken!" when there is no chicken.
Anthroguy101

I organized a concert called "Rainbow Rally"

Post by Anthroguy101 »

It took place in teh fyoocha! It was sort of like the new Woodstock. It was lots of fun. There were people far and wide while I was raising awareness. And it was in TEXAS of all places!
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

What are my best dreams?
Well the ones I don't remember of course!
That's how I know they were good... I think.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Neko

Post by Neko »

Esquire Fox wrote:What are my best dreams?
Well the ones I don't remember of course!
That's how I know they were good... I think.
*doesn't understand your logic*
But I laughed at this anyways Cause I found it funny :P
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I had a dream that i was an X man
an X MAN
AND I MET WOLVERINE
yes. AWESOME!!!! :lol:
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

The Game wrote:I had a dream that i was an X man
an X MAN
AND I MET WOLVERINE
yes. AWESOME!!!! :lol:
I wish I could have dreams like that. :|
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
FlintTheSquirrel

I had a dream that I was hang gliding off of a cliff and over a meadow with the Top Cat crew. It was random but was a very beautiful dream that I actually remember. I even felt the breeze of the wind, it was so refreshing. It was sad when I woke up, I badly wanted to go back asleep and go from where I left off.
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I wish I could remember my dreams, I haven't had a dream in almost a year.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Dubiousity wrote:I wish I could remember my dreams, I haven't had a dream in almost a year.
Well, at least you got a year of nice rest, right? Sometimes dreams interfere with my rest.

While I am here, I might as well as post a recent dream of mine. Not the "best", but still pretty fun.

It is kind of weird, but in the dream I had a cat and dog. They were like Housepets pets, capable of speech, can walk, have hands and such. I asked them to play with me, but apparently they were also robots and used household electricity to function. So basically they were only active when the humans were out and nobody was using the electricity. When I am back and start using the electricity, they are forced to sleep, in order not to interfere with my electricity usage.

That's when I asked myself: "Why would I own 2 robot pets that couldn't play with me, but eat electricity like peanuts, and increase my electricity bill by 100%?"

Then I waked up.

...... Would anyone want to own a pet like that!?
FlintTheSquirrel

Aquablast wrote:Would anyone want to own a pet like that!?
That would go beyond the purpose of having one, so no.
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

I had a dream that I was walking through town in the middle of the day, nobody else was around. Then, I heard this weird kind of chirping sound. I looked around, and it was a Natu. I suddenly had a Pokéball... so I threw it at it and caught it. And then I tried to get it out and it wouldn't. Aaaaand then the Pokéball cracked and I woke up.

That was only about a week ago actually, and it was weird...

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I tried to Lucid dream using that technique that was posted, after laying there for like 20 minutes my arms felt really stiff and weird and I moved so that kinda ruined it.

Also, that may have been a bit of an exaggeration, I dream, I probably just don't remember any.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Dubiousity wrote:I wish I could remember my dreams, I haven't had a dream in almost a year.
You sure? That's an awfully long time to go without a dream.
Agent Sandwich

Post by Agent Sandwich »

My best dream was not a lucid dream. I dreamt that I was a Cathay Pacific Airbus A340-600 captain and I flew all around the world! What's the kicker? The plane had the same system as the real thing! Alas they no longer operate this model.
Yes, I support catlovers! You got a problem mate?

Thank you Housepets! Forum. I've accepted myself.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Typhon wrote:
You'd be surprised. I'm a person who doesn't have dreams very often either; I'm lucky to have a dream every couple of months or so.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Buckdida wrote:
Typhon wrote:
You'd be surprised. I'm a person who doesn't have dreams very often either; I'm lucky to have a dream every couple of months or so.
You mean dreams that you remember everyone dreams every night if you didn't you wouldn't get a full nights sleep because you wouldn't go into REM sleep which is when dreams happen.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

IceKitsue: That's basically implied. :roll:

If I MUST be specific: I only have a dream that I can remember every couple of months or so. Happy?
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

IceKitsune wrote:You mean dreams that you remember everyone dreams every night if you didn't you wouldn't get a full nights sleep because you wouldn't go into REM sleep which is when dreams happen.
Ah, technicalities. Don't you just love em?
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

ok so ai laike luv lucid dreams and have them a lot of twokind, $ housepetscomic.com mainly but yah ai just dream of hanging out w/ natani grape peanut kieth and flora is wuz sick 8-)
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

I had really bad dreams last night. T___T
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5