Other Webcomics You Read

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

LunarFox

Other Webcomics You Read

Post by LunarFox »

Does anyone else read any other webcomics besides HP? I'm always looking for more to read.

I already read TwoKinds, Savestate, Kevin and Kell, Furthia High, Wilde Life, Twin Dragons, Slightly Damned, Tamberlane, Oren's Forge, Freefall, and Sandra and Woo, plus DMFA, the Cyantian Chronicles, and Furry Experience. Got any others that I should get into? I'm sorry if this is a thread that exists already, I didn't see it.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Buster
Game Master

Re: Other Webcomics You Read

Post by Buster »

isn't there already a thread for this in a different section?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure it exists somewhere else but since its just been created, I guess I can answer in here also.

I only read "Slightly Damned" and "HousePets!". That is it.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Oh deer...
I have read quite a few, but I usually seem to lose interest after the archive crawl. XKCD and now Housepets are the only ones that I've ever really kept up with.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To be honest, sometimes I don't even keep up with "Slightly Damned" because I think it is going too slow sometimes (but that isn't the creator's fault).
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Buster wrote:isn't there already a thread for this in a different section?
There is the “Favorite Webcomic....” thread that people started adding onto and it turned into a “other” webcomics thread.

I’ll add my list here as well.

Beyond the Western Deep (sort of)
Gamercat (hiatus)
Latchkey Kingdom (highly recommend)
Lil Char and the Gang (Facebook)
Maiz (hiatus)
Never Satisfied (the only non-furry comic I read)
Nine to Nine
Oren’s Forge
Sandra and Woo
Savestate
Slackwyrm
Slightly Damned
Swords and Sausages
The Junk Hyena Diner (Chu who does SD makes this one but updates very rarely still worth reading) (just finished the most recent chapter) (hiatus)
The Realm of Kaerwyn (ehh) & Black Tapestries (prequel comic)
Twin Dragons
TwoKinds
Wilde Life
Furthia High
CharCole
Souls Journey

Honorable Mentions:
How to Be A werewolf
Tales of Elysium (PMD comic)
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Dumbing of Age.
Legostar Galactica.
Xkcd.
Darths & Droids.
Aurora.
Charcole.
Freefall.
And I’m almost caught up on Savestate.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Savestate
Nine to Nine
Slightly Damned
Twin Dragons
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

A few I forgot to mention last time.
Awkward Zombie
A&H Club
Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
Gamer cat
VGCats
A Dreamer Reborn.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Ok, what I'm reading apart from HP! :

Faux Pas, cute, super family friendly and fun
Savestate, no description needed
Beyond the Western Deep, epic, great action
Oren's Forge, good. Like, really good. Also like Pg-15
Weirdogs, amazing art, fun story.
Bridge, it's starting, looks promising.

Also honorable mention to my webcomic, Friends You Are Stuck With, young adults trying to figure out life. I think it's like great and super good and it's my favorite but I'm a little biased, and I am reading it heheh
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Raku

Post by Raku »

I like to read comics dealing with transformation (human to animal/another creature) so other than HousePets...

Out Of Placers - A webcomic that deals with the MC being not only turned into a Yinglet (from human) they also turn into a female.
UTC: Urgent Transformation Crisis - A webcomic that I already referenced in another thread, but this one is set in a school with high school aged young students. Main focus is of a sister (who gets turned into a goat hybrid), and her younger brother (who gets turned into a flying squirrel hybrid), and other fun personalities. Just a heads up, the person behind this webcomic has slow updates so there will be long periods of inactivity (currently in one).
Soul's Journey - A webcomic where a guy of high stature get's turned into a wolf (this is not an anthro comic), and there is a mystical force at work.
Foxy Flavored Cookies - A guy gets bit by a lycan creature, and becomes a lycan fox... Sound great, right? Only problem is that by transforming, he loses all memories... Basically think of the MC as Peanut, but a dark (forgotten past), and an unknown power inside of him.

Then there's some of the the Pokemon fan comics based off of the Mystery Dungeon video games. I'm not gonna go as detailed explaining these comics like I did with the ones up above.

Hope In Friends - A guy wakes up as a Pikachu in a Pokemon world. Also, the creator is redoing their original first pages of the webcomic.
PMD Evolution - A guy wakes up a Riolu.
Aezaes Tales - A guy wakes up as a Pikachu.
Gleaming Hearts - A guy wakes up as a Riolu.

I really enjoy these 'Fish out of water' types of stories.
sandman

Post by sandman »

the furries sure have a onetrack mind, don't they.... so little variety on some of those lists..... the webcomics I keep tabs on are dragonball multiverse, the onepunch man comic (if the muffins and cookies thing would update), and I guess occasionally I get up to date on jeaniebottle.com if I'm feeling like torturing myself and I've exhausted the other options. It's funny that almost every franchise/fetish theme has a crazy niche fanbase that are just obsessed over one thing. Housepets is of course most popular among crazy hardcore furries, along with things like twokinds (does that still exist? Man I haven't looked back at that since like 2014, fun fact it was made by markiplier's brother) and all the others that link to each other, while the transgenders have their own series of comics like jeaniebottle, sgvy or misfile and a million others that all link to each other just like the furry comics, then there's some overlap in the likes of el goonish shive and the wotch and new world if any of those still exist, and then of course the dragonball fanbase that leave comments on dbz multiverse are just absolutely nuts too, they take it so seriously and dedicate so much thought to it, obsessing over power levels and other totally fictional nonsense crap, they're all nutters, it's crazy, like their lives are just consumed with their particular niches they've defined their identities over. How anyone can be so obsessed over dragonball, or men turning into women, or anthropomorphic animals, is beyond me.

Anyway, actually the best things are a few mangas, not webcomics, IMHO. Like Seichou cheat de nandemo dekiru you ni natta ga mushoku dake wa yamerarenai you desu and isekai maou shoukan shoujo dorei majutsu. Which are unfortunately both isekais, but unlike most isekais, they actually don't suck. Oh, and Murenase shiiton gakuen. All 3 of these have cat/wolf-girl main characters in them so this may be of interest to you bunch. My most favorite manga ever though, is mahou no iroha. Now that is just special, with the best ending ever.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Meh, I usually like a comic with at least one regular "creature" character 'cause I find art depicting just humans to be kinda boring. When I am in the mood to look at pieces like that I prefer to go to an art gallery. Not at all meaning to knock on webcomic creators but the stuff you find in art galleries is usually more impressive, and the admission isn't that expensive.
And if I want a story about just people I prefer watching TV or even reading something in plain text, I find having the image of the character just in my head makes them easier to relate to. I really prefer other forms of media for entertainment over webcomics (nothing beats a good book!), so I only really like webcomics that do things those other mediums can't do very well, and creature characters is one of those areas where they really shine.

That being said... I really enjoyed both 8-Bit Theater and Order of the Stick (though I haven't kept up on the latter) and the only comic apart from this one which I actually follow is XKCD. So it may be fairer to say I just like weird styles.

But the point is, if you were to actually ask some of these "furries" why they prefer their comics the way they do you might be surprised by the rationality of some explanations. It's also very likely that people aren't listing everything they've ever read or followed, only the stuff that's easiest to remember in the place where they're writing about it which is, as I'm sure we're all aware, a discussion forum for a furry comic.
You're among friends here so there's no call for insults.
Last edited by Vertigo Fox on Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Common interests are funny like that, I guess :P
Otookee

Post by Otookee »

Well, let's see ...

Freefall
Girl Genius
Skin Deep
Carry On
Unsounded
Bird Boy
Dresden Codak
Druids
Faux Pas
Gunnerkrigg Court
Rusty and Co.
My Life with Fel
Poppy O'Possum
O Human Star
Doc Rat
Kill Six Billion Demons
Decrypting Rita
Magellan
Drive
Endtown
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
xkcd
Nodwick
Order of the Stick
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow that is a heck of a lot of webcomics.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

I feel like I should make a list because other people are doing it.
  • Waffles & Pancakes
    Gourmet Hound
    Savestate
    Gamercat
    The Gamer
    General Protection Fault
    The Four of Them
    Kirby's Dream Adventure (and the author's other webcomic)
    Random Chat
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

fenrirblack wrote: I’ll add my list here as well.

Beyond the Western Deep (sort of)
Gamercat (hiatus)
Latchkey Kingdom (highly recommend)
Lil Char and the Gang (Facebook)
Maiz (hiatus)
Never Satisfied (the only non-furry comic I read)
Nine to Nine
Oren’s Forge
Sandra and Woo
Savestate
Slackwyrm
Slightly Damned
Swords and Sausages
The Junk Hyena Diner (Chu who does SD makes this one but updates very rarely still worth reading) (just finished the most recent chapter) (hiatus)
The Realm of Kaerwyn (ehh) & Black Tapestries (prequel comic)
Twin Dragons
TwoKinds
Wilde Life
Furthia High
CharCole
Souls Journey

Honorable Mentions:
How to Be A werewolf
Tales of Elysium (PMD comic)
New webcomics:
Saffron and Sage
The Whiteboard
Lackadaisy (Haven't read it yet but it was recommend to me)
Litterbox Comics
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Curtailed
Furry Experience
Litterbox Comics
Stutterhug
Erma
Sabrina Online
Swords & Sausages
Nine To Nine
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I might take you up on that at some point if only because I need a server that has both Slightly Damned and Housepets! both as they are my two well-liked webcomics and I might be able to discover more. :mrgreen:
TonyBurgos

Post by TonyBurgos »

For me. Tower of God. It's one big story but I love the twists in it, with some unique characters and a pretty interesting world as well as exciting fights. Almost always kept me excited once I got far enough. Although this one is pretty well known. Been a while since I read it though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it has been a while, then there is no harm in going back and reading it again. That way you can relive all of the best moments and enjoy the comic all over again.