we bare bears

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

RokukeShiba

we bare bears

Post by RokukeShiba »

Now that the bear bomb is over..

What do you guys think?

For me its a pretty funny cartoon that is based off a webcomic the three bare bears.

I love Ice bear (Who talks in third person) and Panda. ^^

here is some shorts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKi8iwQ8ZP8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gz-Hjmfl0
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: we bare bears

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I haven't watched it yet. but I'll probably like Ice Bear since he's voiced by Demetri Martin
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I haven't watched it yet. but I'll probably like Ice Bear since he's voiced by Demetri Martin
I hope this gets secessful :) Maybe cartoon network might pick up housepets ? :)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

RokukeShiba wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I haven't watched it yet. but I'll probably like Ice Bear since he's voiced by Demetri Martin
I hope this gets secessful :) Maybe cartoon network might pick up housepets ? :)
NO!!! NOOOOOOO!!! Not CN, they aren't worth it anymore. Maybe another channel. I would say Hub, if it were still around.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

If by that you mean giving the fanproject webseries an actual budget and more animators, while still remaining under the complete control of the formers who started it, sure.

if you mean a licensed adaptation by people who have nothing to do with the original... uh, noooo. i can see that ending badly.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

SuperStar wrote:
RokukeShiba wrote:
NO!!! NOOOOOOO!!! Not CN, they aren't worth it anymore. Maybe another channel. I would say Hub, if it were still around.
why not? we bare bears is pretty good :3
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well Rick would still be an executive producer, just like Daniel Chong is executive producer of We Bare Bears and Rebecca Sugar is executive producer (and a writer) for Steven Universe. It would be true to the spirit of the comic. and the fan adaptation is just that, a fan work. a full show with budget would be better as long as there are good writers.

however let's get back on the topic of We Bare Bears, please.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

Buster wrote:If by that you mean giving the fanproject webseries an actual budget and more animators, while still remaining under the complete control of the formers who started it, sure.

if you mean a licensed adaptation by people who have nothing to do with the original... uh, noooo. i can see that ending badly.
Why not both work together? :P be much better then one or the other
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

Just watched Burrito and man the ending gave me feels ><

The Episode is pretty funny but the ending made it the best
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RokukeShiba wrote:
Buster wrote:If by that you mean giving the fanproject webseries an actual budget and more animators, while still remaining under the complete control of the formers who started it, sure.

Not really better, no. More like the opposite of better. you're kinda missing the point.

My entire statement was about the fact that I'd only see it as acceptable if the production team were entirely people familiar with the original Comic, and it's existing animated webseries project. Bringing in outsiders to be anything other than low level, just here to work, no-say-in-anything, animators would be a step in the wrong direction. And any scenario I can see where CN have any part in the process above supplying bottom tier animators, opens the door to executive meddling, network-mandated rewrites, and audience pandering.

and yes, audience pandering is a bad thing, because it's almost always misinformed changes made by someone who mistakes the loudest part of the fan base for the majority of the fan base, or by someone who thinks cameos, fandom nods, and references to things will broaden the series audience. The former risks creating a broken base, or spawning self entitled fans, and I've watched too many series I liked destroyed by the latter.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

Buster wrote:
RokukeShiba wrote:

Not really better, no. More like the opposite of better. you're kinda missing the point.

My entire statement was about the fact that I'd only see it as acceptable if the production team were entirely people familiar with the original Comic, and it's existing animated webseries project. Bringing in outsiders to be anything other than low level, just here to work, no-say-in-anything, animators would be a step in the wrong direction. And any scenario I can see where CN have any part in the process above supplying bottom tier animators, opens the door to executive meddling, network-mandated rewrites, and audience pandering.

and yes, audience pandering is a bad thing, because it's almost always misinformed changes made by someone who mistakes the loudest part of the fan base for the majority of the fan base, or by someone who thinks cameos, fandom nods, and references to things will broaden the series audience. The former risks creating a broken base, or spawning self entitled fans, and I've watched too many series I liked destroyed by the latter.
Ok, lets get back to the Original topic ok? :)
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I watched several episodes in a row on demand.

It's charmingly funny.
Poor bears just want friends :(
Just an Arc
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

It was lukewarm toward it at first but I am beginning to see its charm.

Ice Bear seems to be really fond of that ax.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

RokukeShiba wrote:
That would be cool but all of those little kids may not appreciate them as much as all of us do. Like then it won't be something that we can share that we actually appreciate. It's not my decision though so... :?
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.