Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

all you need to know is that you need to play it. I made it past the point I'd watched, so now I'm in unfamiliar territory.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

This game is one game you definitely don't want anyone spoiling. Not for any amount of years. the faster you play it, the better.

Sooooo... how many people anticipate people dressing up as the Undertale cast for Halloween? :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Depends on the nerd density of where you are. People like me? Yeah, wouldn't be all that surprised. But in general? Not really expecting many.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GameCobra wrote:Sooooo... how many people anticipate people dressing up as the Undertale cast for Halloween? :3
personally I wanna go out and get a skull mask and blue jacket to go as Sans. too bad I'm already spending all my money on another costume.
I'll probably see a bunch at the convention I go to in November. The game's developer is involved in Homestuck and the Homestuck fandom cosplays fast :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I beat Lego Batman 2 yesterday and after I finished the story I had 19.9% done. After the story. What even...
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

Dang. I knew those games had a lot of collectables and bonus content, but that's crazy!

Anyway, has anyone else been playing the Star Wars Battlefront beta? I tried it out yesterday and it seems like a solid FPS, but it really doesn't live up to the original Battlefront games. It's missing the interesting maps, the unique modes, the single player campaign, the space battles, and the overall creativity that made the first games (Battlefront 2 especially) so great. It just feels like Battlefield with a Star Wars skin.

So...yeah. The final game might be better, but based on the beta, it's not worth $80 at launch imo.
*purrs loudly*

TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

If it doesn't end up with a single player campaign, then it better be a cheap game, or nobody will buy it. I know I won't...
I'll just stick with destiny for the time being
My DA can be found Here!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

JonnyNova wrote:Dang. I knew those games had a lot of collectables and bonus content, but that's crazy!

Anyway, has anyone else been playing the Star Wars Battlefront beta? I tried it out yesterday and it seems like a solid FPS, but it really doesn't live up to the original Battlefront games. It's missing the interesting maps, the unique modes, the single player campaign, the space battles, and the overall creativity that made the first games (Battlefront 2 especially) so great. It just feels like Battlefield with a Star Wars skin.

So...yeah. The final game might be better, but based on the beta, it's not worth $80 at launch imo.
I played the Beta and I loved it so much....for the first half an hour. The multiplayer was really fun in the pod recovery mode, the impulsion grenades look and sound AMAZING!
Was I the only one to think that Walker Assault is really unbalanced. Every time I play it the Empire wins. Until you get a vehicle you are absolutely useless as a rebel or storm trooper. The AT-AT's are fun though limited.
The firefight mode was enjoyable but I saw half of the games enemies and I was disappointed. I stood directly in front of a storm trooper and it took him 2 and a half minutes for him to actually hit me, it was like the films.

On a completely different note has any one tried Lego Jurassic World? I tried the demo (the first level) and I was very pleased, I loved playing as Blue the raptor.

For my fellow fans of Halo we have a new epic trailer: http://www.nowgamer.com/the-halo-5-laun ... o-maximum/ it's beautiful!
Hi Hi Pie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Meh. I'm more interested to see what roosterteeth does with the new assets.

Console game, remember?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Does anybody like cute? Then they need to play Yoshi's Woolly World. That game is freaking adorable. It's pretty much the same thing as Kirby's Epic Yarn (same people, too), except with a different moveset (since you're Yoshi and not a Kirby variant). But it's so adorable.

I got the version with the huggable Amiibo. :3 IT'S CUDDLY!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

I'm still not sure whether I'll get Battlefront, but I gotta say - this ad is pretty solid.
RP chars:
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

CosmicCoyote wrote:I'm still not sure whether I'll get Battlefront, but I gotta say - this ad is pretty solid.
What you saw in the ad was the walker assualt game mode, it was alright but extremely one sided.
I wouldn't get Battlefront for full price it plays well and looks beautiful but that is about it from what I saw. I'll just wait until it is inevitably free on Games with Gold.
Last edited by IdleCurator on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi Hi Pie
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

Just look at this (LANGUAGE WARNING) and tell me that Battlefront is a good game...

Mod Edit: Link Removed. Just a little too much for the forums.
My DA can be found Here!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

IdleCurator wrote:
CosmicCoyote wrote:I'm still not sure whether I'll get Battlefront, but I gotta say - this ad is pretty solid.
What you saw in the ad was the walker assualt game mode, it was alright but extremely one sided.
I wouldn't get Battlefront for full price it plays well and looks beautiful but that is about it from what I saw. I'll just wait until it is inevitably free on Games with Gold.
I know what it is, I've watched plenty of beta footage.
TheBlasterizer wrote:Just look at this (LANGUAGE WARNING) and tell me that Battlefront is a good game...
Most of his bellyaching is in regards to EA's penny-pinching.

Which, if you've ever dealt with EA before, shouldn't be that much of a surprise.
RP chars:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hey, guys. me and my family have been playing alot of Armello lately.

Sadly, this game isn't 8 players, but we gotten into playing this game regularly and looking for some people that like to casually play Armello at night when noone's on. We love board games. =3

If you are interested, add me to your steam.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Hm. I heard about Armello from Penny Arcade a few months back, but only just recently got a better look at it with the recent update. Definitely looks interesting, and I am a huge fan of strategy... what are your thoughts about it?
RP chars:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

IT's a great game to play with Friends. lots of fun to have friends play with. they will both love and hate you in the game just like Monopoly :3

I only wish the game wasn't timed sometimes, but i think the game would be much better if killing the King wasn't the only goal.

Prestiege victories and killing the king just seem a bit limited for the game, but if killing the King is the major drawing point, then we might as well make it much more flashy. The game's in-battle animaltions are amazing as well, and i love rolling dices in this game.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

So it's mostly a multiplayer experience, then? I ask because I don't have a particularly large amount of friends who also have the game.
RP chars:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It's good solo as well, but it's a better experience with friends i find. :3
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

New character in Smash Bros. as well as a special message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHJSERl760g

Your thoughts?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Shell-shocked to know that character of all things got added into Smash. 'Sakurai magic' indeed xD

I'm more pumped for Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow to be in 3DS eshop and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon coming next week. Though in my case, I'd probably only be able to get it early next year by the earliest. Sad otter is sad

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not sure I'm supportive of Cloud in SSB, but eh. It's all okay! It still should be pretty cool.

Maybe this means a FFVII port is coming to a Nintendo platform!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In addition to Cloud, not Bayonetta is in Smash.

I love Cloud and Bayonetta, but i can't wrap my head around Bayonetta's inclusion sometimes. Nintendo says she's the most popular choice... but don't Nintendo realize she's from a game that's rated M for Mature? I'm guessing DLC is not restricted by the ESRB rating since online content is considered open source, however, so that's a possibility.

Makes me wonder in that case why Krystal is not DLC, then. :3
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

GameCobra wrote:In addition to Cloud, not Bayonetta is in Smash.

I love Cloud and Bayonetta, but i can't wrap my head around Bayonetta's inclusion sometimes. Nintendo says she's the most popular choice... but don't Nintendo realize she's from a game that's rated M for Mature? I'm guessing DLC is not restricted by the ESRB rating since online content is considered open source, however, so that's a possibility.

Makes me wonder in that case why Krystal is not DLC, then. :3
Sakurai has said that DlC characters are mostly fan service. So it doesn't matter if her game is M rated. Fans wanted her, so she's in.

Also, I'm surprised they're having Corrin playable. You think they would wait for the next Smash game for him/her to be playable. Not that I'm complaining though.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Even so ~ what he said, though, Bayonetta was clearly a big stretch. This is an example of how far they can push it. It wouldnt' surprise me at this point if Lara Croft for all we know got into this game. I'm excited to know they can push that limit :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Bayonetta isn't a big stretch at all! She's a popular, interesting character from a game that was Nintendo exclusive (granted, just the sequel). Who cares if it's M? Just because SSB is E10+ doesn't mean all the games have to be. MGS was M too.

I don't agree with Cloud though. He hasn't been on a Nintendo console before!

I don't even know who Corrin is so I have no opinion of him. Maybe once I play FE:Fates!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, she's definitely popular. :3

But with that aside, next smash brothers better have Leon S. Kennedy. Mwahaha.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sooo... anyone else excited for the FF VII remake? I watched the trailer just now.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

THE HYPE IS REAAAAALLL!!!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Has anybody been playing Halo 5?
The cartographers gift update has brought along forge and lots of new maps.
The campaign was very fun in my opinion although I thought the Warden became a little stale the eighth time I versed him.
Hi Hi Pie
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Sleet wrote:Bayonetta isn't a big stretch at all! She's a popular, interesting character from a game that was Nintendo exclusive (granted, just the sequel). Who cares if it's M? Just because SSB is E10+ doesn't mean all the games have to be. MGS was M too.

I don't agree with Cloud though. He hasn't been on a Nintendo console before!

I don't even know who Corrin is so I have no opinion of him. Maybe once I play FE:Fates!
hasn't there at least been one FF game on a Nintendo console before? I thought my friend was paying a FF game on the game boy years ago.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

if you count theatrhythm then Cloud has been on a Nintendo console.
otherwise no. he wasn't in any other hand held game as far as I know.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

well I meant the franchise as a whole. if a final fantasy game was on a Nintendo console then I guess cloud being from the same franchise would make sense.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Iron Panda wrote:hasn't there at least been one FF game on a Nintendo console before? I thought my friend was paying a FF game on the game boy years ago.
The first six FF games from the main line (NES/SNES), and two of the three FF Tactics games (GBA) were originally nintendo exclusive. The FF Crystal Chronicles games, and the remakes/rereleases of FF I to FF VI have all had nintendo versions, and then there's the SaGa & Mana spin off series, which started out as FF Adventure and FF Legends. I'd say that's enough of a presence to allow characters from that series.

Nintendo might not have the origional FF Tactics, FF VII through XV from the main line, Disidia, or the spinoffs of VII, X & XIII, but they have the rest of the series.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Quirkily, the mainline non-MMO Final Fantasy titles came out in trios as far as consoles go:

Final Fantasy I, II and III came out on the NES
Final Fantasy IV, V and VI came out on the SNES
Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX came out on the PS1
Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII came out on the PS2
Final Fantasy XIII's trilogy came out on the PS3 (and Xbox 360)

And Final Fantasy XV is set to continue the cycle all over again by coming out on the PS4 and the Xbox One.
RP chars:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah Final Fantasy very much has a presence on Nintendo consoles. Just not games with Cloud. Well, that's about to change at least. :P
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

And not only that, Final Fantasy 7 was going to be released for the Nintendo 64, but I think hardware limitations of the N64 cartridges caused the game and future Final Fantasy games to be released as Playstation exclusives until Crystal Chronicles.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

There was a rumor of a SS version of VII as well.

I never played any of the FF games apart from parts of US SNES FFII and parts of FFXII.

Edit: Cosmic, there's an error there: VIII and IX came out on PC also. I have an really old mag, which reviewed FFVIII for PC, year 1999.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've played I, X and XII, and have beaten III, VI, VII, and 100%'d XIII. I plan to play XV when it comes out on Steam! I'm excited. :3
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cousin got final fantasy 6 for the PC and reports it being quite good, along with the fourth. they are remakes, but 4th is a DS remake while 6 is like a SNES remake. wonder what else it has?

Got my Wii U. And Smash. And Mario Kart 8. Having a blast with them. :D