Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Buster
Game Master

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Buster »

the game is prety clearly in the child timeline (Majoras mask & Twilight Princess). several of the direct child timeline refrences are base game, (zelda mentions the twilight realm in one of the flashbacks) but the direct refrences to the other two timleines are all either amiibo bonuses or DLC bonuses, which could be considered noncanon easter eggs. and no i don't count the Rito as a refrence for two reasons. And there is NO WAY i'm putting this in the CD-i/Cartoon timeline. that one is just a mess.

1) they look NOTHING like the windwaker rito. the windwaker verson looked like gerudo (minus the all female thing) with beaks who could magically turn their arms into wings. these ones look like someone turned loftwings into bipeds.

2) Rito being an evolutionary offshot of the zora, are more likely an indicator of time period, than time line. IE: the thousands of years between the calamity's creation and first defeat, and it's return coinciding with the thousands of years WW's seal held, or the thusands of years crossed using the harp of ages. they're parallel but in different time lines.

Besides, the hylians of the adult and fallen hero timelines have both lost large parts of their history due to things going bad after OOT. how can those hylians even know what the by then extinct dodongo and loftwing species' look like let alone build giant mechanical versions of them? (i'm convinced Meadow and Rudania's conspicuous designs were on purpose. you can't un-see that.)
Last edited by Buster on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dusk

Post by dusk »

I have played a good bit of it, even if I don't own it. If you need ideas, just let me know and I'll assist you.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

Looks like fox people might be a thing in next world of warcraft expansion.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=281155/vulp ... del-viewer

I wonder if they will be playable or npcs
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yesssssss. They look kinda weird I'll admit.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I think it's partly the non existent tail, partly the dwarf proportions, and partly the fennic ears on something that lacks the rest of that species of fox's characteristics.

But yeah, weird.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I find it weird that the only tailed races we usually get to play as are the Tauren and Draenei. Oh, and demons. can't forget the buttload of demons with tails.

Also, yellow skinned dudes are totally Ratchet. No pun intended of course since there is a town literally called Ratchet in the game.

If you are wondering why these guys look odd, they currently have a similar body-shape to the goblins, but with different heads and skins. I hope these guys are not just goblins with fox heads. their skin patterns and faces are good-looking.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

no, even a Lombax would have more of a tail than that.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Buster wrote:no, even a Lombax would have more of a tail than that.
Not %100 Ratchet, but the skin is pretty good in similarity. Yes, The main body ears are pointy and face is also rougher, but the skin has some good similarities i find. Just less stripes and more realistic tones for his chest and back. Can't say anything about the leg, though - never seen rathchet without pants =P
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the lack of a normal sized tail is still silly
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

Sleet wrote:Yesssssss. They look kinda weird I'll admit.
Yeah. Seems they forgot the tails on the fox people.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Alright, Blizzard ~ that's much better =3

https://twitter.com/Aniroel/status/970555062391947264
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Super Smash Bros. 5 for Switch confirmed for this year! And it will have Inklings!

I'm so excited.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I can't wait! :D
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

There’s also Undertale, Crash Bandicoot, South Park, and Okami! There’s lots of stuff I’m excited for.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:Super Smash Bros. 5 for Switch confirmed for this year! And it will have Inklings!

I'm so excited.
Legotron123 wrote:There’s also Undertale, Crash Bandicoot, South Park, and Okami! There’s lots of stuff I’m excited for.
can't wait for Sans, Crash, Cartman, and/or Amaterasu to be announced for smash
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

In terms of newcomers for the next Smash, the ones I can definitely see coming in are a Yo-kai from Yo-kai Watch (most likely Jibanyan), Spring Man from Arms, Dixie Kong, and a gen seven Pokemon (most likely Incineroar).
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

While Amaterasu is a must for Smash (especially after MVCI snubbed her), but when it comes to what Undertale character I want to show up, I think that either Mettaton or Undyne would make a better fit than Sans.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Saturn381 wrote:and a gen seven Pokemon (most likely Incineroar).
I think Decidueye might be a better option, fit in with all the other archer type characters.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Sleet wrote:Super Smash Bros. 5 for Switch confirmed for this year! And it will have Inklings!

I'm so excited.
Legotron123 wrote:There’s also Undertale, Crash Bandicoot, South Park, and Okami! There’s lots of stuff I’m excited for.
Cartman is unlikely, that series sense of humor leaves very little that can be ported over, and sans would be controversial; if he's NOT a ridiculously OP glass canon undertale fans will be disappointed, if he IS everyone else will be angry. Undyne would be a better choice, even if she does have the most grating personality of that lot...

Amaterasu and crash though can work.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Definitely Sans, but Papyrus fits as well. maybe a duo? I would certainly hope they come in 8-bit forum.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:

I'm so excited.
Cartman is unlikely, that series sense of humor leaves very little that can be ported over, and sans would be controversial; if he's NOT a ridiculously OP glass canon undertale fans will be disappointed, if he IS everyone else will be angry. Undyne would be a better choice, even if she does have the most grating personality of that lot...

Cartman is unlikely because he’s not a video game character, he’s a cartoon character. If he got in, people would be crawling out of the wood work to demand that Shrek and Goku get in. Sans is a completely different set of problems. While there are plenty of Undertale characters I could see getting and accepting the invitation to join Smash (Undyne, Papyrus, Mettaton), Sans is both too lazy to accept an invitation, and not a good enough fighter to get one. I know some of you are going to point to his Genocide fight as a rebuttal to those points, but hear me out. A, that was his last chance to stop a genocidal maniac, so of course he’d get off his butt to fight, and B, the only reason that fight was as tough as it was is because he broke literally almost every rule of the games combat, stopping just short of using your healing items. There is no way he’d be able to do that in Smash.
On an unrelated note, I will riot if either Amaterasu or Shovel Knight don’t make it into this one. They’re such good fits!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote:
Buster wrote:Cartman is unlikely, that series sense of humor leaves very little that can be ported over, and sans would be controversial; if he's NOT a ridiculously OP glass canon undertale fans will be disappointed, if he IS everyone else will be angry. Undyne would be a better choice, even if she does have the most grating personality of that lot...

Cartman is unlikely because he’s not a video game character, he’s a cartoon character. If he got in, people would be crawling out of the wood work to demand that Shrek and Goku get in.
That depends on if tie-in games count, which is what brought cartman up in the first place; the southpark game. operating under the assumption they do count, cartman would be disqualified because there would be no way of including him without sending the game's age rating through the roof.

as to he other two you mentioned, thankfully, movie tie-in games almost never garner a fanbase these days unless you're spiderman, and non-game appearances have never been considered relevant before, so Shrek wouldn't happen.

Dragonball Xenoverse II on the other hand is actually quite popular and has a Switch version...

personally though, I want to see a Corrupted Rabbid. They could do a Pokemon trainer type thing and have him turn into a different class at the start of each battle; Ziggy, Hopper, Buckler, Smasher, Peek-a-Boo, or Valkyrie. you'll never know what you'll get till the match starts.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well, when they had that fan vote thing, one of the rules was that any character that didn’t premier in a video game was ineligible, so that’s why I didn’t count him.
Also, I think the corrupted Rabbids would make great enemies in a Subspace Emissary-like mode. I think that mode would’ve been a lot more popular if they included more enemies from the various series the roster comes from, as opposed to being 70% original enemies, 25% enemies from Mario and Kirby, and 5% everything else.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yeah, but the rule went from 'properties nintendo published' to 'properties on a nintendo console' previously, so it getting amended again isn't outside the realm of possibility.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

I haven't been playing video games as much as I used to, mostly because of art-y things, but I'm stuck on an Xbox one playing modded Fallout 4. My internet is broken so it's only offline things, and I'm too poor to be able to afford a PC. It's weird to think that becoming a gamer/youtuber was my main goal a year ago, now it is to become an artist... Lot's of lost time.
Allons-y
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Apparently Phil Specter said he'd allow Banjo and Kazooie in Super Smash Bros. That would be awesome DLC! Like 20 years in the making.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just picked up a Switch earlier today with Breath of the Wild. Pretty cool to use, haven't gotten too far in, yet.

Really should plug it into one of our TVs, the motion-tracking for the bow doesn't seem to like me. Even when I take photos with my phone, I can never get a still shot.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Been playing Fallout 4 (modded) and Skyrim for the past few months, my brother got a switch, so I've been playing Breath of the Wild a lot, it's amazing. Been trying to play Undertale a little, but I'm not a fan, which is sad because when I bought it a few months ago I was super stoked, didn't live up to its hype, in my opinion.
D-Rock wrote:Just picked up a Switch earlier today with Breath of the Wild. Pretty cool to use, haven't gotten too far in, yet.

Really should plug it into one of our TVs, the motion-tracking for the bow doesn't seem to like me. Even when I take photos with my phone, I can never get a still shot.
BotW is my new favorite game, just wait until you get more into the story and world exploration. Tip: turn off the motion-tracking for the bow, using it makes your shots super inaccurate.
Allons-y
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Some more BOTW tips? Try to get stasis upgrade ASAP, as it is AMAZINGLY helpful in fights. Also, before you tackle the Yiga Clan hideout, go to the observatory in the Northeast part of the map and get about half a dozen Ancient Arrows. It is much easier than trying the impossible task of sneaking your way through the second part of the hideout.

TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Legotron123 wrote:Some more BOTW tips? Try to get stasis upgrade ASAP, as it is AMAZINGLY helpful in fights. Also, before you tackle the Yiga Clan hideout, go to the observatory in the Northeast part of the map and get about half a dozen Ancient Arrows. It is much easier than trying the impossible task of sneaking your way through the second part of the hideout.
Forced stealth missions are the worst!
Allons-y
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I just stocked up on ice and bomb arrows, and snagged a 5-shot Lynel bow.

Freeze, Detonate then freeze again before the 'wistle for help' animation can trigger, rinse and repeat.

by the end it was less of a 'base' and more of a 'mass grave'.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Buster wrote:I just stocked up on ice and bomb arrows, and snagged a 5-shot Lynel bow.

Freeze, Detonate then freeze again before the 'wistle for help' animation can trigger, rinse and repeat.

by the end it was less of a 'base' and more of a 'mass grave'.
Just got past that mission, I just got frustrated and had my brother do it. I had one room to go and then they somehow spotted me across the room, so I raged quit. Fighting them off was impossible.
Allons-y
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Alright, thanks for the tips. Haven't played in a few days, as work was rather demanding. Two days off after tomorrow.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:Fighting them off was impossible.
that's what repeatedly stun locking them with ice arrows is for. they won't engage until AFTER the 'wistle for help' animation plays, nomatter how many of them see you. if you keep interrupting it everyone except the one you're pummeling with arrows will ignore you until you're done. it's an AI glitch that's easily exploited. the arrow just needs to be in flight before the game takes control away to start the mini-cutscene.
dusk

Post by dusk »

2 games I really would love to play are Elite Dangerous and Sea of Thieves.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Doesn't Sea of Thieves have a bit of a lack of content at the moment? Like PvE stuff?
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Sleet wrote:Doesn't Sea of Thieves have a bit of a lack of content at the moment? Like PvE stuff?
Has some of the same issues No Man's Sky had, "A world as large as pacific ocean, but not deep enough to drown in" -Random YouTube video, also there is a lot of griefing issues apparently.
Allons-y
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Has anyone else here played Mother 3? I played through it about a year ago and I absolutely fell in love with it, even if I was severely under leveled most of the time.

Liam

Post by Liam »

You should check out Ghost of a Tale if you haven't already, it's the best Redwall game that was never made!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Did my first successful twitch stream today on my PS4 playing Digimon World - Next World. Might continue doing this until i beat the game <3

If anyone's interested, i'm planning on doing it from 6 PM - 10 PM Atlantic time during the week.

https://www.twitch.tv/gamecobra