Bettering Oneself

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Dubiousity

Bettering Oneself

Post by Dubiousity »

I must admit, I'm extremely lazy. I'm lazy when it comes to finding a job, art, tidyness, cleanliness, etc. I'm not proud of it, I'm very disappointed in myself. I mostly ignore these things because my main distraction is electronics and I must admit I've become somewhat addicted. I'm not in shape, I feel like a slob, and if I keep doing this I will become extremely unhealthy.

So here's how I'm gonna better myself:
-Spend less time on Video Games
-More actively search for a job
-Pay more attention to my hygiene
-Practice drawing again
-Wake up earlier and spend more time with my dog
-Get more exercise

Hopefully I can do these things without procrastination, and work towards bettering myself as a person and improve my life. Video games can still be a hobby, and maybe if I play them less, I'll become less jaded and find more enjoyment in them.

So here is my question, how do you wish to better yourself? (Mods feel free to tell me whether or not this topic is appropriate)
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Senator_Sunburst

Re: Bettering Oneself

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Mostly the same as you. A while back I got tired of being so fat, so I started dieting and exercising. A while later I find no improvements, and a later routine checkup at the doctor's office reveals I have hypothyroidism, explaining my lack of improvement in my health. I started taking medicine for it, but the dosage isn't correct and I lost my health insurance so I haven't been able to go back and change my dosage, so I've been really down and unmotivated to try improving my weight.

I need to practice drawing again too. In fact, I think I'm going to practice soon after this post.

And I have like a dozen projects I've been putting off. I need to stop procrastinating on these things.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I wish you alot of luck.
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

I remember started this mission last year and you know what? It works! I feel tons better about myself than I did at the start of the mission. Here are a few of the goals I set myself...

- Start a daily exercise routine to strengthen your core and mind (have a task to remember each and every day)
- Have a confident outlook on life (a cross between optismism and spiritualism)
- Aim high - don't settle for second place if you could win the race
- Resist the temptation to do a job half-capacity - use all of your capability all of the time
- Don't forget any of these steps

Seriously worth the time and effort. It can be a struggle for the first few weeks to remember all of these things, but I hardly dwell upon it anymore. It's like an unwritten command in my conscience now.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Bettering oneself? I set myself small aims all the time...ener had a massive objective before though. After all, I'm only going to aim for things I know I'll do. In other words, no more saying I'm gonna practice my guitar or practice more drawing (many times for doodles at school anyway) when I know I won't.

- Become more consistent. I need to finish my fanfic before a slightly creepy dude coems to me.
- Jog or bikeride, once a week. My endurance isn't quite as high as it was 5 years ago...
- Increase my memory lifespan. It doesn't go, it dies once a week.
- Improve my imaginination. Not sure how to do this, but I'd prefer it to be slightly less hyperactive...

And finally

- practice my magic. I can't even do the simplest card tricks anymore.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

- I'm going to try and be more friendly
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

-I'mma try and stop being such a lazy bum

Oh and also less silly, maybe. O.o :p
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Harby

Post by Harby »

-Im gonna try and be less lazy aswell.

Tobee you cant be more silly its who you are.
Memory is the key.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Hm... To better myself, I mainly need to think more before I speak. Sometimes spur-of-the-moment thoughts are brilliant. Other times... Open mouth, insert foot. :roll:
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

I don't want to put "spend less time playing vidya gaems" on my list, cos my future career will hopefully be in the gaming industry. I do want to, however:

Spend more time with friends, both online and offline
Get better grades in school this year than I did last year
Read more
Draw more so I can actually improve
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Divinaparadiso4

Post by Divinaparadiso4 »

Tobee wrote:
Oh and also less silly, maybe. O.o :p
The world would be worse off if you weren't silly.
Hey look a distraction!!!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Dubiousity wrote:I must admit, I'm extremely lazy. I'm lazy when it comes to finding a job, art, tidyness, cleanliness, etc. I'm not proud of it, I'm very disappointed in myself. I mostly ignore these things because my main distraction is electronics and I must admit I've become somewhat addicted. I'm not in shape, I feel like a slob, and if I keep doing this I will become extremely unhealthy.

-Practice drawing again
-Get more exercise

Hopefully I can do these things without procrastination, and work towards bettering myself as a person and improve my life. Video games can still be a hobby, and maybe if I play them less, I'll become less jaded and find more enjoyment in them.

So here is my question, how do you wish to better yourself? (Mods feel free to tell me whether or not this topic is appropriate)
Hey Dub, are you me? Because that describes me perfectly, except replace dog with cat.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

ctcmjh wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:I must admit, I'm extremely lazy. I'm lazy when it comes to finding a job, art, tidyness, cleanliness, etc. I'm not proud of it, I'm very disappointed in myself. I mostly ignore these things because my main distraction is electronics and I must admit I've become somewhat addicted. I'm not in shape, I feel like a slob, and if I keep doing this I will become extremely unhealthy.

-Practice drawing again
-Get more exercise

Hey Dub, are you me? Because that describes me perfectly, except replace dog with cat.
I don't know, maybe?