School Stupidities

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

zeekgenateer

School Stupidities

Post by zeekgenateer »

A teacher, administrator or student ever do anything unthinkably dumb? Want to share it? Post your crazy stories here. (keep it anonymous please, no names)

Here's my whopper of a tale.
It was before school in my MCSA (Microsoft Certification class). Like every morning I had gotten to school extremely early. I was bored so I logged onto the computers to check my web haunts. As I logged in a prompt in the browser came up asking me to vote for the King of a school dance. I'd seen the voting system before for student council and other dances over the years. I voted and went to check my sites. A few minutes later though I thought it'd be cool to see how they made the voting page. I went through history on IE and went to the voting page. I used "View Page Source" and landed a positive goldmine. The voting system used student ID numbers in the HTML form itself to post them to the database. To me this was hilarious. The tech people at my school were seen as vengeful gods blocking access to many sites that weren't bad or disruptive (such as Hack a Day, which is about custom electronics and prototyping more than anything else). I showed some friends in class the stupidity of the schools Tech people and made a copy of the name and ID list.

After that weekend I was called to the office. I was told that I was being investigated for a level IV tech violation, "Modifying user or system files". The shock of the accusations against me prevented me from realizing that I hadn't modified any files at all, that the information given to me had been made public to students through the voting system. I had to give the school my computer to show that I had deleted my copy and even after I cooperated like they asked they still gave me the maximum punishment of two weeks. Well we contested the decision of the dean (who had been my old counselor) and it ended up going off my record. Though the tech people did try to remove the view page source function from the browser after this whole debacle which was hilarious considering we have a web design class at the school and students need that function.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Ebly

Re: School Stupidities

Post by Ebly »

"Now if the acceleration of my arm when I punch is . . ."
"Now if I kick X and he goes flying at a trajectory of . . ."
"Now if I were to shoot Y and . . ."

pattern? yes. a very pervasive one.
best physics teacher ever. a shame i don't do physics.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dubiousity

Re: School Stupidities

Post by Dubiousity »

For the past two years I've been in a science class taught by two teachers, Mr. Kozak and Mr. Black. Now these guys were awesome, they would joke around with the class, poke fun at people who were acting up and late, stuff like that. I can't remember any specific moments, but those were my favorite classes. It's a shame I can't remember anything.

Oh, but during my Freshman year in high school some guy said I made an "aggressive movement" towards him while I was holding a pair of scissors. Mind you, this guy was at least 2 feet taller than me, and him and his friend had been torturing me all year, pushing me around, throwing food at me in lunch, etc. So, no matter how many times they got in trouble for doing such things, they were never punished, but as soon as this guy starts spouting nonsense like "He's gonna stab me", I get suspended for two weeks, during said suspension I promptly switched schools, and have never been happier.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012