THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Shadowstar23

Re: THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Ok. This might sound weird, but last night I dreamt that I somehow warped into Tarot's and Sabrina's living room and Kitsune was there, but instead of saying hi or anything he said "You'll get your chance soon. A lot sooner than you may think. But for now you must wake up." .................. What does it mean?
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Deske

Post by Deske »

You'll probably be visited by one of those 3, most likely Kitsune. See you in the other universes.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Deske wrote:You'll probably be visited by one of those 3, most likely Kitsune. See you in the other universes.
Here's what makes it weird; I never have dream of that clarity.Ever.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Like I said. See you in the other universes. I know how you feel though. I don't dream much and usually they get hazy really fast. But I get one or two everyone once in a while that seem incredibly real.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Deske wrote:Like I said. See you in the other universes. I know how you feel though. I don't dream much and usually they get hazy really fast. But I get one or two everyone once in a while that seem incredibly real.
Oh, I know. :P Just driving the point of how little I dream.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I dreamed a dream in times gone by", well, last night actually, that I was playing Jean Valjean in a Broadway production of Les Miserables. I also got cast as a speaking voice for Aladdin in a movie.

Yeah, fat chance of that dream coming true. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I dreamed a dream in times gone by", well, last night actually, that I was playing Jean Valjean in a Broadway production of Les Miserables.
I just can't quite place you as a hardened man of the law who hunts down escaped convicts in the early 1800's in France. Then again, what do I know? :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Er... Valjean was the escaped prisoner. Javert was the man of the law who was hunting him down. :P Does that help you some?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

I had a dream in which I tripped and fell up, grasping at anything that was in my reach to avoid floating off of the face of the Earth.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hlaoroo wrote:Er... Valjean was the escaped prisoner. Javert was the man of the law who was hunting him down. :P Does that help you some?
You'd think I would remember that having basically seen the musical 12 or 13 times because I was doing sound for it.

... Still doesn't change the fact I can't imagine you as a hardened man of the law who hunts down escaped convicts in the early 1800's in France. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Hlaoroo wrote:Er... Valjean was the escaped prisoner.
24601!!! I can totally see you as an escaped prisoner, that's for sure!

Slightly unrelated, but I'll tell you guys anyway.
So I took a quick nap this afternoon and quickly fell into a dream-state. However, I wasn't fully asleep and somehow became lucid. Once I realised that I was dreaming, everything suddenly faded to black and I started seeing flashing colours and dark shapes. I felt myself slip out of the dream and I regained all physical feeling. I'm not quite sure, but I think this was a case of sleep paralysis, as I was not able to move for some time.

I've heard reports on sleep paralysis and how people see ghostly figures weave around their bed. That sounds horrifying, and I guess I'm quite fortunate, for I sleep with my face facing the pillow.
All in all, a terrifying experience, I've never felt something quite like this before.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

deepskycyan wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Er... Valjean was the escaped prisoner.
24601!!! I can totally see you as an escaped prisoner, that's for sure!

Slightly unrelated, but I'll tell you guys anyway.
So I took a quick nap this afternoon and quickly fell into a dream-state. However, I wasn't fully asleep and somehow became lucid. Once I realised that I was dreaming, everything suddenly faded to black and I started seeing flashing colours and dark shapes. I felt myself slip out of the dream and I regained all physical feeling. I'm not quite sure, but I think this was a case of sleep paralysis, as I was not able to move for some time.

I've heard reports on sleep paralysis and how people see ghostly figures weave around their bed. That sounds horrifying, and I guess I'm quite fortunate, for I sleep with my face facing the pillow.
All in all, a terrifying experience, I've never felt something quite like this before.
It happens to me all the time. Just usually in the middle of the night. Can't move anything except my eyes. Usually break the spell in about 7 to 10 minutes by jump starting my nervous system.
I do not face the pillow(my respitory system bad enough as is) and I did not see any ghosts or unusual things floating around.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I've woken up kicking something in a dream.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Recently, I can only remember bits and pieces of a dream and nothing else.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I dreamed last night that Diss made me an admin here.
Be nice if it was a premonition. :P

In reality it probably means I need to spend less time here. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't leave us my little Australian, we need you here. All of us. Who else is gonna be an RP mod?
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Don't leave us my little Australian, we need you here. All of us. Who else is gonna be an RP mod?
Brent, Esper
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Don't worry, Amazee. I'm not going anywhere. It was just a dream. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Hlaoroo wrote:Don't worry, Amazee. I'm not going anywhere. It was just a dream. :P
Oh, so I guess you'll be wanting your desk back then? :? *puts down Hlaoroo's desk and chair*
I had a dream where I actually cooked something, I think it was a three bird Christmas dinner but I'm not sure now. I have no idea WHY though... :?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I had three dreams in the past 2 months or so.

The first one was of Minecraft. The characters were having some sort of taboggan race or sled race over snow, which isn’t actually possible in Minecraft unless there's some sort of mod that lets you do that.
And the race was very odd. The characters started at one end of the course, sled to the other end, and they were supposed to collect peices of coloured wool and take them back to their start point, only they’re allowed only one block of wool at a time, and each player had 3 to carry over, and the course was very short…like, the start and the finish were practically next to each other and there was one corner, a 90 degree left turn which exited straight into the “grab yer wool” area.
And the start area and the “grab yer wool” area were raised up from the actual course and you had to go up some snowy half-pipes to get to them. The rest of the course was very flat.

Second dream I had, I dreamt I had actually bought my new computer! Only, in the dream, for some reason I bought a new laptop and not the tower computer I want to buy. I was putting this new laptop on my bed, ready to preverbially break it in. That’s all I remember.

Now the thing about my third dream, I had it the night after the second dream. Normally I have dreams once every blue moon. I have never had two dreams in two consecutive nights.
In this third dream, I dreamt I was playing some kinda first person fantasy MMORPG. I was in the hall of some grand castle or mansion or something with a whole buncha other players and some NPCs, and one of the characters there seemed to be the grand poo-bah of the place. He was dressed in some grand, ornate blue armour. We seemed to all be standing around talking about and then doing…something that involved some random wooden crates. That’s all I remember.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I had an odd dream last night where I was just this big ol' wolf. Like, bigger than a person, and all I did was act as a ride for my friends from school and work and stuff and act as the intimidating force when my friends would talk to someone who wasn't necessarily the best of person. I went through what felt like 3 days and it was kind of funny, because I'd use the streets and everyone in there car would do a double take at the people riding a massive wolf next to them.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Wow, that sounds like an awesome dream, Deske! :D I wish I had more dreams like that.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Can I have a ride on you sometime also? xD
Deske

Post by Deske »

I suppose if that dream ever became reality through some marvel of science or magic, then I'd have to find you. Could be fun.
Douglas Collier

Find me too! (What could be cuter than a corgi riding on a wolf? ^^ )
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Message me when you become a wolf. I'll tell you my address. :lol:
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

A dream thread eh? Well lets see.

I fought a dragon, or rather fought and was losing, fleeing with giant kilometer leaps down a deserted city street, turned right into the back of a garage and was continuing to flee as the dragon ripped apart the garage behind me. For some reason I was in a red hoodie with the hood up.

I was late to the ferry docks with me mum, thing is the docking gates looked like green, black, and white, resiny, organic and looked a bit like an orca's head with its mouth open minus inside pointy pink fleshy bits on the inside of the orcas mouth.

I was floating in a absolutely giant rectangular room, there was a giant chinese building in the middle with everything detailed as intricately as possible in traditional chinese motifs with only one hall way to the back of wall where facing towards the back of the main room was a statue of a sitting buddha lit by florescence light bulb tubes making it seem a lot more dull somehow. Along with the imagery was a foreboding feeling that a corrupt monk was going to sell off the beautiful place to an evil corporation.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I'm a bit disturbed. I had a dream I was in a plane crash. How am I gonna get back to sleep now?
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I have had many dreams, but I will share some of the ones that I remember and won't make me seem more weird than I am.

First one was around 2012, I am on a date with a person from my class. One of the other people from my class takes a picture and threatens to post it online, so I start to chase him. When I start to chase him, he quickly mops the floor so it is wet, and I slip everywhere. Then he records that and posts it online.

Second one is from 2010, back in 5th grade. It is actually 2. I was in the world of Sonic Underground, and talking to Knuckles. I don't remember the details, but after that, I wake up and am thirsty. I get up out of bed, go to the bathroom, drink some water, and go back to bed. I have another dream, and I am in school for this one. I am sitting in class, and Knuckles is there. I then continue to tell him how I had a dream about him last night, talking about the dream I had before I woke up to drink water.

That was one of 2 times I have said the word dream in a dream.

Another dream I had was back in late 2013. There was a war re-enactment or something, and people were shooting the school buses going past that we were in. I went past the people shooting, then went back to the line to get back into another bus. I got out by jumping out the window. I did this multiple times. One of the times, I went too far to get out in time, and I went all the way down the road. I then jumped out. I walked around the road, and met some people in a line, and they were from my class. I continue to another place next to a large lake (where in the real life version of this place is a creek). I sit down next to a bush and the shore, then a scorpion is thrown on me. I start to yell. Then this one guy comes out and says it is his. We talk a little, and he asked if I remembered this one camping trip where a scorpion was found in a sleeping bag, and I do remember it. He says he did it. I then say goodbye to him and his friend, and walk away. Now I am going through the town, and it seems to be deserted. I am sneaking around, then I come to an alley. There is a big spider here, and I have a fight with it (I think, this is one part I don't remember well). After that, I sneak around some more. Then in the middle of sneaking around, my mom wakes me up, and the dream ends.

Those are my dreams, and I hope to have many more great dreams. I also want to have a lucid dream. :D
Deske

Post by Deske »

I've never lucid dreamt, but I really want to.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Trust me, it's not as awesome as you might think. Now I'm not an expert on the topic, but I can tell you that many people who lucid dream wish they'd simply lost the ability to. After you try all that crazy stuff, its just gets old. Regular dreaming feels like an adventure, following some epic storyline. Lucid dreaming just feels like real life.
Also, (can't speak for others, but) I tend to wake up from a lucid dream feeling as if I haven't slept. Might be a determining factor for you if you like sleeping.
You can train yourself to lucid dream through various techniques, but I've heard that it could takes years of practice.
Juust my 2 cents :D
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

deepskycyan wrote:Trust me, it's not as awesome as you might think. Now I'm not an expert on the topic, but I can tell you that many people who lucid dream wish they'd simply lost the ability to. After you try all that crazy stuff, its just gets old. Regular dreaming feels like an adventure, following some epic storyline. Lucid dreaming just feels like real life.
Also, (can't speak for others, but) I tend to wake up from a lucid dream feeling as if I haven't slept. Might be a determining factor for you if you like sleeping.
You can train yourself to lucid dream through various techniques, but I've heard that it could takes years of practice.
Juust my 2 cents :D
I wouldn't want to lucid dream all the time, just once or twice to see what it is like. But I do see your point. :D
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I sort of have the ability to lucid dream. It's pretty fun but it would be pretty hard to do it all the time. You usually forget most of the dream anyway.
My friend on the other hand can lucid dream whenever she wants. She has also been in multiple mutual dreams (group dreams). It's pretty weird but cool at the same time :P
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually sounds really spooky.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I've always been skeptical on the mutual dream thing. I just don't think the human brain has the power to extend conciousness to others like that. But every so often I get swayed towards believing more in magic.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

dtlux1 wrote:I wouldn't want to lucid dream all the time, just once or twice to see what it is like. But I do see your point. :D
Once you learn it or it comes naturally to you, you can't really avoid them. Once you achieve lucidity in a dream, its not easy to return to normal dream-state, for your brain instantly becomes aware and focused.
Bucky-Roo wrote:I sort of have the ability to lucid dream. It's pretty fun but it would be pretty hard to do it all the time. You usually forget most of the dream anyway.
My friend on the other hand can lucid dream whenever she wants. She has also been in multiple mutual dreams (group dreams). It's pretty weird but cool at the same time :P
I believe there are techniques which can train your dream recall. Strong dream recall is largely important, if not essential if you were to learn lucid dreaming.
Also, mutual dreams? That sounds very interesting, never heard of it before. I'm not sure that's possible, so care to elaborate? Or ask your friend to elaborate (experiences, feelings, validity)?
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Mutual dreaming is basically the same thing as dreaming but you share it with another person. You usually share it with someone you are really close with. It is also happens during random times. My friend told me that she has intruded some dreams that she kinda regrets seeing. I have also talked to my other friends and they said that they didn't really favor sharing dreams since it's sort of an invasion of privacy. I'm pretty sure it is possible since it has happened to many other people as well.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

Ever have dreams where you're explaining the previous dream to someone in your current dream?
Deske

Post by Deske »

I know what mutual dreaming is, it's just the fact that it seems not real. I'm an open person, mostly, but it just doesn't seem all too possible to do. I don't think consciousness extends that far from the mind. If someone could prove otherwise, I'd believe it.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I experienced inception last night. Bear with me and see if you can figure this one out. :P

So last night, shortly before I went to bed, I reported what I felt to be an inappropriate post on [forum that is not Housepets!]. Then, after going to bed, I dreamed that I got an official warning for reporting said post, which obviously I wasn't happy about. But then, I realised in the dream that I was dreaming, so in the dream I woke up (although in real life I was still asleep) and I checked that forum again only to find that I did have an official warning. Then I knew I was still asleep so I woke up again (still sleeping in real life) and checked the forum again. This time I still had the warning but I could also see delete buttons on everyone's posts. (There was also a random post from Serence Ice Fox, except I knew it couldn't be Serence since she's not on that forum.) So, to check if I was a mod, I pressed one of them. Suddenly I got a 24 hour ban from that forum and my computer made these weird beeping sounds. Then I realised that it was still a dream since I hadn't done anything ban-worthy so I woke up yet again (although I was still asleep in real life). Then I put on my dressing gown, got out of bed, and made birthday buns which were bread rolls with icing and decorations on them. Then I woke up for real.

It was rather confusing. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters