THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Douglas Collier wrote:Yes, the thread was turning into a nightmare. :P
It was more that levity at the expense of Jesus is offensive to those of us who worship Him as the Son of God. Shadow mentioning his strange dream was fine but turning this thread into something out of Monty Python is not forum appropriate. We'll never enforce any religious beliefs here but we will enforce respect for all religious beliefs.
Douglas Collier wrote:The Lost Valley is a very mysterious place in the Badlands area of the USA. The Native Americans of the surrounding area believed that the land is cursed; when people entered this valley, they seldom came out. The mysterious disappearance of bandits and many an exploration team, and the subsequent search parties, during the Westward expansion seemed to confirm this myth. For years, this valley remained haunted and off limits.
But things have changed since then. Nobody believes in curses anymore. And, at least for a few decades now, most people who have gone into the valley have come back; those very few that didn't are said to have gotten lost and perished. It is strange that their bodies were never found, but authorities believe that they wandered into any of the numerous deep, unstable caves in the area and never found their way out.
In an effort to capitalize on the rich mythology surrounding this valley, an entrepreneur named John Sorta bought the valley and built a state-of-the-art hotel and ski resort: The Sorta Found Hotel.
This attraction proves to be very popular. A few years passes with very few problems - a handful of people never return to the hotel; apparently not heeding the warning outside of the caves. Since then, the resort boarded up the caves, and it appears to work, as the last time that anyone disappeared was two years ago. Everything is going well - or so it would seem.
A promotional event has everyone coming to the resort, and it is packed. Everyone is excited and enjoying themselves. But then, something changes. People suddenly start disappearing at an alarming rate. Skiers on the slopes are seen vanishing into thin air. People walking in the lobby suddenly aren't there anymore. It would appear that the legend is true after all.

Those who disappear find themselves looking at a disturbing sight. The slopes appear the same, except that they are spattered with grave markers. The hotel is gone, replaced by sparse native fauna. The sun is dimmer here, as if only a shadow of the real thing. Everything has the appearance of death - except for the hundreds of people now stranded in this strange and perilous existence, known as the Lost Valley.
That sounds like an awesome creepypasta or detective story. Now I want to know how it ends! Does anyone find a way to break the curse and save the Lost? Where did the curse come from in the first place? You know, I kinda want to write this. If you're interested, send me a PM and we can discuss co-authoring a story. :)
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I had a dream that I was surround by cute, starving, homeless dogs. I don't know why, but I had a bunch of food with me in my dream as well. Right before I could feed them, I WAKE UP. *sigh* It was a sad morning.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

*Agrees with Hlaoroo*
And yeah, I'll send you a PM. :)
Bucky-Roo wrote:I had a dream that I was surround by cute, starving, homeless dogs. I don't know why, but I had a bunch of food with me in my dream as well. Right before I could feed them, I WAKE UP. *sigh* It was a sad morning.
Those poor dogs - I'm sure your subconscious fed them, though. ;)

EDIT: Last night I dreamt I met Diss - he was a bouncer/secretary for Rick and lived in Rick's basement. His job was to inspect all the mail and submissions for guest comics before Rick saw them. He was a bit inaccessible (it was a bit difficult to talk to him without putting him out or being ignored), but I was starting to get him to open up near the end of the dream. (He never would answer why he hasn't responded to my email with his colored sketch or the PM I sent him about it, though.)

I wonder how accurate my subconscious's portrayal of Diss was...
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is he a smelly squirrel that likes to eat acorns and call people nerds? If so then that is pretty accurate. xD
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Today I woke up to go to school, but was sick, so I went back to bed. I then had a dream where I was in school. It was somewhat normal, other than my school being a different layout. Then I sat down at a desk, and started to question why I had come to school late if I was sick. Then I noticed that I didn't remember how I got to school. At this point the dream started to fall apart, and then I woke up. When I woke up, I was really glad it was just a dream, as it felt like it was real. I was happy that I wasn't actually in school.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Strange that when I have my dream catcher over my head, I can't remember my dreams but when I don't, I have so many vivid dreams. Does that mean it works?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

dreams catchers are meant to be like a dream filter , catching the nightmares and only give you the good ones , so it depends on how you look at it I guess
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Strange that when I have my dream catcher over my head, I can't remember my dreams but when I don't, I have so many vivid dreams. Does that mean it works?
It seems to work on a psychological basis...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I believe that it worked. I don't like having dreams that are too vivid.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Okay so I think I mentioned before about having a dream journal or something. Well, earlier today I found it in my room, apparently hidden under my own bed. I was going through it but unfortunately the pages are all kinda messed up and difficult to read. It's a shame since I seem to have written a lot of entries.
There is this one that I found that's kinda still readable. Basically, the dream was Sonic the Hedgehog Walking Dead crossover. Sonic and Co. were out on a supply run when they get into this convenience store and gets ambushed by The Governor. They get taken prisoner but Omochao somehow escapes and warns Cream and me about what happened. So, we sneak in to Woodbury and get to where Sonic and the others were taken. But then a guard finds us and was about to call The Governor. Cream starts crying and begging that he let us go, so he does cause he feels sorry for Cream, and also cause she was cute. So, he leads us to where Sonic is and we all escape. Oddly enough, I didn't see a single walker throughout the dream.
There was a little more than that but I couldn't make out what it was.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ShadowLightning wrote:Okay so I think I mentioned before about having a dream journal or something. Well, earlier today I found it in my room, apparently hidden under my own bed. I was going through it but unfortunately the pages are all kinda messed up and difficult to read. It's a shame since I seem to have written a lot of entries.
There is this one that I found that's kinda still readable. Basically, the dream was Sonic the Hedgehog Walking Dead crossover. Sonic and Co. were out on a supply run when they get into this convenience store and gets ambushed by The Governor. They get taken prisoner but Omochao somehow escapes and warns Cream and me about what happened. So, we sneak in to Woodbury and get to where Sonic and the others were taken. But then a guard finds us and was about to call The Governor. Cream starts crying and begging that he let us go, so he does cause he feels sorry for Cream, and also cause she was cute. So, he leads us to where Sonic is and we all escape. Oddly enough, I didn't see a single walker throughout the dream.
There was a little more than that but I couldn't make out what it was.
that's quite an interesting dream at least ^^
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

That dream is good. I wish I knew anything about the Walking Dead. :P

As for the dream catcher, I do believe it works if you want it to work. I remember getting one as a small child, and I have never had another bad dream (that I can remember) in my life. I think it is still hanging on my window. :D
Deske

Post by Deske »

I defeated my nightmares with sheer willpower. I went to bed after reading a scary story and I didn't have any scary dreams because I probably didn't remember I had dreams. But I'm going to say it's because dream Me was big and ripped like young Arnold Schwarzenegger and I kicked the crap out of everything in that dream and it was great.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

dtlux1 wrote:That dream is good. I wish I knew anything about the Walking Dead. :P

As for the dream catcher, I do believe it works if you want it to work. I remember getting one as a small child, and I have never had another bad dream (that I can remember) in my life. I think it is still hanging on my window. :D
I actually have a dream catcher necklace made out of metal. Although, most of the time, my dreams are lucid.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have a dream Rick drew my character Elena with Keene on a boat going to drag Zach and Jessica on another boat back to shore after they took it to have a few moments alone with each other.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay, I officially had the weirdest dream ever last night.

I was dreaming I was in the middle of some ridiculous court battle between Hannah Montana and Hillary Duff. Then Matthias the Warrior from Redwall started stubbing his cigarette in the bowl of marhsmallows on the table and that made me angry because it ruined the marshmallows. Then Matthias started telling a story about how hard life was for the people that used to have to go and farm the marshmallows and then some good looking guy started playing music for both sides of the court battle, but he betrayed Hillary's side (which was also my side) by playing the wrong song. Then, because of that guy, mine and Hillary's side lost the case. Then I woke up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that is the......weirdest dream ever :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Can you tell me what goes on in your mind because I want some of that.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I have no idea what goes on in my mind half the time. :lol: Probably has something to do with listening to my iPod on shuffle and reading at the same time right before bed. :P

If you're wondering, the guy was supposed to play "Someone's Watching Over Me" for "my side" of the battle but instead he played "Morning Town Ride" and that confused Hillary who was going to sing. He was playing guitar too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

ShadowLightning

Wow, and I thought I had weird dreams. :lol: It would have been even better if the court battle was done like Ace Attorney.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I thought I had weird dreams. I want dreams like that.

And yes, Ace Attorney would have been better. :lol:
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Last night/this afternoon (I didn't wake up until 2pm), I had an awful dream.

I dreamt that I was back at a concert that I went to that was headlined by Kreator and Arch Enemy and I was having a lot of fun with my friends, who were there with me. Kreator had just finished their set and the crowd was waiting for the traditional "Khaos Legions" openings that was set by Angela Gossow (former vocalist of Arch Enemy) a couple years ago. The lights began the fade and the band members started to come onto the stage. The music began (this was an instrumental part; the singer wasn't on stage yet) and it was leading the introduction of who I expected to be on stage, Alissa Whit-Gluz (the current vocalist of Arch Enemy). Instead, when the vocalist came onto the stage, I was met with Taylor Swift, who had re-written the entire music set to be a combination of rap and pop.

If you don't understand how terrifying this was for me, I came to the concert expecting this, but then Taylor Swift happened...
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
ShadowLightning

That actually sounds kinda hilarious. :lol: But I can understand why you'd be terrified.

So I just had another dream last night. Apparently, humanity was getting evacuated somewhere. Not sure where, but we were all getting lined up in the docks to board the ships. Then suddenly, there was a really loud banging coming from the gates, and then it broke open and zombies started coming for everyone. The zombies were like really big and ran really fast, like the ones in "I am Legend". Everyone starts panicking and running. It was really scary, especially with how... brutal the zombies were. I started running and tried to hide. Then I felt an earthquake happen and a giant demon breaks through the ground, like the one that shows up in "This is the End", and starts throwing fire everywhere. Then, a zombie sees me and tears me apart. Strangely, I felt no pain, but it was still horrifying. Then, like a really sick joke, my body parts formed the words "You are Dead" on the ground.
Later, I wake up in an open field and somehow survived all that. Then, Rocket Raccoon comes up behind me and points a giant gun yelling, "Friend or Foe?!" And I panicked and said, "Friend!" Then he takes me to a house in the middle of an empty field. Inside were Locke and Celes from Final Fantasy VI. It turns out the demon got bored after killing everyone and left with all the other zombies, and that we were one of the last few remaining people on Earth. So then they let me join their group.

Aaaand that's pretty much it. It kinda ended abruptly, which sucks since I was looking forward to what was gonna happen next.
Douglas Collier

Last night I had a dream to top all dreams. I dreamed I had a supersmart mansion that could do literally anything I asked it to. It knew all my likes and dislikes, my personal preferences, and could do everything that you could ever ask, including bake a pizza just the way I like it or ask it to (to the point of it cooking a dressed bear carcass covered in cheese), show us events in past history, Holodeck style (such as an underwater view of the nuclear test at Bikini Atoll), or make duplicates of people (well, more like biological robots than people, if they were dead). Think about the computer, replicator, and Holodeck on Star Trek - those were like a 1980s IBM computer compared to what this house could do.

Here are the details of the dream:

In the dream it was my birthday, and a few of my close friends and a few of my Internet friends were invited - I know that Render was there. It started out with a party at my parents' brand new home in the woods, which had three bathrooms with jacuzzis and a huge living room/kitchen. Eventually we ventured to the supersmart mansion. Because it was my birthday, I had admin access, so I had full control of the house. Anyway, things started off in a game world programmed for my birthday - it was a bit of a maze with tasks you could complete and different levels, with a variety show at the end. After we finished with that, we all returned to the mansion to do whatever we wanted. Render was attempting to cook a pizza in the kitchen, but was having some trouble, so I asked the computer to recycle the old one and give him a fresh pizza template to work on. I told the computer to remove the ingredients I didn't like (the pizza was for me). I then decided to get creative with my own pizza to demonstrate what the computer could do. Instead of a crust, I had the computer bring a bear carcass; I told the computer to skin the bear, remove all the organs and bones, and cover it with cheese. As that was cooking, I asked the computer if I would like the taste of it, and it responded indirectly that I probably would not. While I was in the kitchen I started asking the computer to search Google for images that would be suitable as wallpaper for the walls. After that I went into the gym to get my health status. It told me I was a bit overweight, so I asked for a bike that would help me to lose weight, set on a track system that went through the entire mansion (just because I didn't want to be bothered with steering it). Everyone else was taking a yoga course, so I decided to go watch some simulations. The one I watched was of the nuclear test at Bikini Atoll - as viewed from underwater. I even got to experience what it would have felt like - a rather quick but intense burning feeling, I think - it was a rather macabre experience. I then asked the computer to display the details of an incident that had apparently occurred in my childhood, involving the death of a Chinese wash woman. The computer was about to block my request because it was top secret, but I overrode it with my admin privileges. Apparently she had taken her own life. The computer tried to predict my intentions and made a duplicate of her with computer AI using the original body; I told the computer to get rid of the duplicate body and rebury the original body. That's about when the dream ended.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Douglas Collier wrote:Render was attempting to cook a pizza in the kitchen, but was having some trouble
The trouble must have been because of your strange kitchen. :P I think you would like my pizza. Well I never thought of making a bear pizza, but it's a funny idea.

All together a strange but great dream.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

The other night I had a rather nice dream. It started out with me and my mum visiting a friend of my mum's or something...and that person gives us a lift in their car...we drive round the neighbourhood a bit during the evening and eventually we come to a sort of small, tiangular-ish feild by the side of the road backed by fences which I'm pretty sure had people's back gardens behind them.

Anyway, in this feild...two adult foxes just lazing around, and two cubs running round and playing.
AND I had my digital camcorder and was soom filming away.

And eventually the fox family decide to leave and hop over one of the fences.

I wake up from this dream then and there.

=^w^=
Douglas Collier

Aww, nice dream. I love dreams where everything goes how you want them to.
Deske

Post by Deske »

So I was in some sort of modernized England but it was still medieval But it was clean. Anyway so me and my friend were walking about and we came upon this Indian family from India. They spoke terrific English and the dad took me barefoot water skiing. We raced around and he started singing something, then we went over a waterfall. We landed in the bottom of it and he climbed out quickly while I struggled to get out. He continued to sing while rushing through this hanging village thing but it wasnt a village because it was too small. He eventually got out of our line of sight. So we looked around and ended stumbling back onto a beach with lots of currency bills sticking out of the ground in pairs of two. Me and my friend started collecting them in soda bottles until this old hag came over and told us those were hers and showed us her pile of money filled bottles. Me and my friend nodded and said we were just helping her collect. She smiled and thanked us. When her back was turned I mouthed to my friend No and we ran away. We turned up on this street and I distinctly remember saying, "This is where King Arthur joins!" I also remember dream me remembering him riding across in front of us, but that didn't happen. So we took a right into this gate sort of building, and the hag was inside telling us we shouldn't have run. There was a magic barrier in front of the door but I pushed my way through to her much to her suprise. I then began to explain that since there were two of us we were the real owners of the bottles we stole and I remember referencing pizza in my speech. She sighed and said okay and let us be. I turned around and walked out of the door to find myself in a bar with my friend. Then I woke up.

The most odd part is that while I was asleep I specifically remember remembering something in the dream, like this dream has happened before. Also I remember that the magic barrier tingled like when a limb falls asleep.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Earlier this week I had a dream where I had a long lost brother and got in touch with him. We talked online or over the phone. We were planning on doing things together. I would have liked to see what we did together, but I woke up before I could meet him.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I had an interesting dream a couple nights ago.

I was walking home from somewhere, no clue where. I passed my high school, then somehow I passed the mall that is on the complete opposite side of town from the school (my house is in between so somehow I got really lost) then I was somewhere where there were houses that had back decks right over some body of water (like a neighborhood of lake houses) and for some reason Rhett and Link were there. and I think they were super heroes. then I think eventually I ended up talking to King Candy from Wreck-It Ralph. At this point I realized it was a dream (I tested by making King Candy say some generic NPC dialogue from a video game, as if King Candy being there wasn't proof enough) and started flying. then I immediately woke up.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know dtlux, if life were like a soap opera, then you would probably have a long-lost brother out there somewhere.

And there would be lying, secrets, affairs, betrayals and people coming back from the dead. :D
ShadowLightning

So I had this dream where Jude and I were combatants in a Mortal Kombat tournament. I remember there were also other people from there from the forums, like I think Hlaoroo was there, fighting an opponent that was clearly bigger than him. And then I think Diss was there, just chilling on a throne and watching everyone fight with an unamused look on his face. So then Jude and I start fighting, and we were going all out at it and stuff. At some point I got really wounded and he used his special move where he throws a straight jacket and immobilizes me, then I fall to the ground. He starts laughing evilly and I started reasoning with him saying stuff like "It doesn't have to be like this!", "We don't have to fight!", and other stuff. But he just tells me to shut up and smacks me in the face. Then I hear the announcer said "Fatality" and he wins the fight. And then I woke up.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

What, I wasn't in that dream? I want to kick some butt!

Eh, I'm a lover, not a fighter anyway. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

Last night I dreamed that I was back in high school and they were doing some sort of really intense blackout protocols. I later learned why: aliens had come with the intention of taking over the planet; but before the main invasion was to begin, they needed to get rid of the humans. Instead of having the humans exterminated, though, someone convinced them to turn us into "pets" by mixing our DNA with that of the cuter animals of this planet - in effect, turning us into miniature anthropomorphic animals. That would have been cool if it weren't for two facts: 1) before completely morphing into a cute creature, you became a hideous mutant monster with a zombie-like instinct to infect all humans with the mutation virus, and 2), we would have lost our human reasoning (to make us more suitable as pets and fauna).

So that begs the question: Would you try to resist being found and transformed and try to fight the alien invasion, or allow yourself to become a scatterbrained but cute animal and just not worry about it?
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Over the weekend, I had a dream where my mom found some images I saved from the forums, then she tried to block them. She Googled something like, "How to block Housepets," but I don't remember what exactly. All that came up in the search results was things about blocking stuff in Microsoft applications like Powerpoint and Word. That was a weird dream. :lol:

I also had a few more that I remember being good and ending before I could finish them, but I forgot them all. I forgot about that dream for about 10 minutes after I woke up, then I remembered it randomly.
Douglas Collier wrote:So that begs the question: Would you try to resist being found and transformed and try to fight the alien invasion, or allow yourself to become a scatterbrained but cute animal and just not worry about it?
Hard choice, if I were to choose the animal, that would be fun and I'd have a higher chance of surviving, but if I chose the fighting option I would keep my humanity but could die. I think I'd have to chose the human option though, as I wouldn't want to just not worry about it and lose my humanity. I probably wouldn't even remember choosing that, and I wouldn't want to be experimented on or changed.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

here's a dream I had last night. For some reason we had to put my dog down (so glad this was just a dream) and also for some reason me and my girlfriend (who was actually my ex, I don't really have a girlfriend) had to drive him somewhere afterwards. and then the car broke down, we were in a strange place but somehow we made our way to a nearby metro station. then a tornado hit while we were in an above ground structure mostly made of glass. I woke up right after that.

In a dream after going back to sleep, my mom, brother and I were in the woods at night, then a guy with a chainsaw showed up. we ran away super fast like a cartoon, and up a cliff. meanwhile the chainsaw guy tripped and was like "little help here? I can't get up" or something like that. we didn't help, then I woke up.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Last night I dreamt I was a showgirl among many entertaining some business men in some Las Vagas club. I ended up giving one of the guys a lapdance and everything.

It might have something to do with the fact that I watched CinemaSins' "Everything Wrong With: Showgirls" video at one point during the day.

I don't normally dream about stuff to do with what I did in real life. Very strange.
Douglas Collier

Umm... :?
Wait, you're a girl?
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Oh heck no. I just dreamt I was one. I'm a dude, dude.
ShadowLightning

Douglas Collier wrote:Umm... :?
Wait, you're a girl?
The Blue Fox wrote:Oh heck no. I just dreamt I was one. I'm a dude, dude.
I don't know why but this kinda reminded me of the first HP! comics when Peanut found out Grape was a girl. :lol: