THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sansash

Re: THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Post by Sansash »

supersonicfan169 wrote:Don't try to overthink the dream-inside-a-dream thing; it'll make your head hurt :?
Ow!

I don't recall ever having a dream within a dream until after I saw the movie Inception, funnily enough. That's a funny concept, waking up from a D-W-A-D and realizing that you just woke up from a dream, but not realizing that you're still asleep and dreaming! Ow again!

I had a lucid dream last night- I suddenly realized that I was in a dream. It happened when I was trying really hard, in the dream, to recall an image from earlier in the dream that I had liked. At the time I was unaware that it was a dream or maybe I was half-awake, but anyway when I focused hard on the image (a Sandshrew, by the way) it was like I entered or created a new dream that I had helped to create and realize, again a la Inception, and it was pretty cool.

So, what did I do after 'waking up' self-aware in a dream?

I took off all my clothes, of course. It's a dream, why not get naked? ;)

EDIT:
Oh lovely, top of the new page. :oops: Feel so embarrassed. Almost like I'm... naked... another one of those dreams where I'm naked in public... but those don't bother me anymore. I'm sure you're not surprised :P
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I just woke up, and the dream I had was very surreal. I dreamed of witnessing a small plane crashing about 30 feet from my own house, yet only that one house it hit was destroyed. Nosedived, rudder missing, tried to soften the landing and managed to do a loop, but it was too late. Many dead people, paramedics everywhere, some of the neighbours aren't even aware. It happened at 7.12pm, I was looking at the clock momenta before the crash. I ran to help, but I seem to get stuck in an endless.corridor suddenly. Before I could reach the end, I woke up

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

kurowolfe wrote:I just woke up, and the dream I had was very surreal. I dreamed of witnessing a small plane crashing about 30 feet from my own house, yet only that one house it hit was destroyed. Nosedived, rudder missing, tried to soften the landing and managed to do a loop, but it was too late. Many dead people, paramedics everywhere, some of the neighbours aren't even aware. It happened at 7.12pm, I was looking at the clock momenta before the crash. I ran to help, but I seem to get stuck in an endless.corridor suddenly. Before I could reach the end, I woke up
that is scary, I dreamed about a plane crash very close to where I was standing last night as well. I was walking out of a hospital, I guess I was visiting someone. I suddenly heard people screaming . When I turned around I saw a plane moments away from crashing down , perhaps a few blocks away. I hid behind some walls/metal plates or something I can't remember, and then I just started getting confused between running toward the crash sight because I don't know why, and running away because everyone was screaming and I was scared. But then II just woke up.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Coincidentally, I was watching plane crash videos yesterday. Weird, huh? No dreams about it though.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
supersonicfan169

Post by supersonicfan169 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Coincidentally, I was watching plane crash videos yesterday. Weird, huh? No dreams about it though.
I started reading your comment, and while reading it I heard a plane flying over my house. How strange.

Last night I had a dream where I was at a strange summer camp. My "group" was staying at a dormitory in a library, and even though the rest of the library was bright inside from the sun, the dormitory was dark like it was nighttime. It gets weirder from there. The dream cut to Lightning McQueen driving around a racetrack, and then the sky turned black. He was abruptly turned into Judy Hopps. After that, she got into a miniature formula one car and started driving, but then suddenly coasted to a stop. The dream started fading to black from there, and after it went black I woke up. I remember desperately wanting to continue my dream in a half-asleep mindset before finally dragging myself out of bed and into the shower.

Don't worry, this dream (thankfully) didn't have any of that dream-inside-of-a-dream nonsense. :lol:
Last edited by supersonicfan169 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who say "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"...
have never played Kerbal Space Program.
Douglas Collier

A dormitory in a library would be cool.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Douglas Collier

I dreamed about furries last night. :D I dreamed that my grandparents' neighborhood was the model for one of the settings in Zootopia, and their house was used in one of the scenes. Everyone in town was dressing up as Zootopians and the streets were renamed in honor of the movie. It was pretty awesome.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I had two dreams last night.

In the first one, I'm walking along this, like, narrow country road, going over a stone bridge, and I see a single-decker bus coming the other way with the number of a bus route kind of local to me, but the destination displayed didn't match up to the route number I recognised.
Then I head downhill and into a pub, which is packed full of people...I traverse through this crowd and then out the other side onto some kind of pedestrian square, and then ont he other side of the square is a main road which, to my right, does a sharp curve left, and round that corner is a double-decker bus with a route number that pretty much goes right by my house.
I don't remember what happened in that dream after that.

In the next dream, one of my teeth was falling out...it was like split in half lengthways and I could move each half individually...and there was blood and everytrhing. Urgh. I could see it happening in a mirror.
Then the tooth finally came out and as I continued to look at myself in the mirror I saw myself as Aladdin from Disney's Aladdin, and then genie shows up and does something, I'm not sure what, coz the dream ends there.
supersonicfan169

Last night, I had a pretty strange dream where I was playing Kerbal Space Program, but the space center was inside of a giant dome. After that, the dream cuts to me and my mom driving around an industrial-looking part of a city from a previous dream that I had. Then the dream changed to the inside of King's bedroom, where King, Fox, and Bailey were asleep in bed together. The strange part is that the room was entirely black (kind of like when Bailey sacrificed herself as Pete's avatar), except for the bed, the door, and a small pathway from the bed to the door.
Those who say "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"...
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I had another one last night...In this dream, I was walking through the local neighbourhood at night, and up in the sky I saw the underside of a large ufo that was flying around in the night sky.

This ufo wasn't just a simple solid disc shape, though. It was more like a snowflake with 5 points, only instead of points, each arm of the ufo was thin near the center and then widened out to what resembled 1/5th of a circle at the edge.

It had what seemed like hundreds of lights on the underside, and as it was hovering overhead, i was trying to duck low and even crawl to try and hide amongst the houses so the aliens didn't see me.

I rememeber, at one point, seeing some other spaceship fly past at top speed, though all I can really tell you about it is that it had 4 jet-like engines on the back.
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

*I'm not sure if this belongs here, but it's the one thread that seems most relevant seeing that I was on the verge of going to sleep, I'll repost with a new thread if necessary.*

I was lying in bed last night, or the night before when I heard what sounded like a female voice whisper, "I love you." Keep in mind that my parents were downstairs in their bedroom, I'm an only child, and I'm currently single and no one else was in the house. I have no idea if I simply thought it up, or if it really happened (I'm leaning towards that it happened). Been a while since something like this has happened to me.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I remember having a dream last night but now I don't remember what it was about...I think it was something about a video game, but I'm not sure...anyone else have times where they remember dreaming something but they don't know what it was?
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I have been having a lot of really bad nightmares lately.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
supersonicfan169

Has anyone heard of the comic Twokinds? That was what my dream last night was about. (I admit, I don't really remember much about it :P)
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Yeah, I've been reading twokinds for quite a while. It's a pretty awesome comic. :mrgreen:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

So I've had a string of random dreams lately that have referenced previous other dreams I've had, and in the dreams that were doing the referencing I've been aware that it was a dream and of how I could fix the ending. Rather odd.
Has anyone else had this "Inception"?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Douglas Collier

Hlaoroo wrote:So I've had a string of random dreams lately that have referenced previous other dreams I've had, and in the dreams that were doing the referencing I've been aware that it was a dream and of how I could fix the ending. Rather odd.
Has anyone else had this "Inception"?
Happens to me a lot. Usually I'm telling someone about what happened in my previous dream.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Just woke up, and I had a rather morbid dream again. My hometown was somehow attacked by a zombie apocalypse and supernatural disasters at the same time. Sucking whirlpools and disintegration of the human body via contact with an infected person were two that really stood out to me. Me and a few of my squad members (apparently I was in survival class/school cadet for some reason) did all that we could to survive, while seeing so many people die/evaporate/converted in front of us. After a few weeks, the worst of it was over, but only 10% of the population still remained. Dead rotting bodies were floating in the water and on the streets. Our squad somehow became the crew of a harbour while trying to rebuild life from the ground up, working with the few adults who joined in.

Then I woke up. Man, it's been a while since I've had a dream this crazy. And the craziest part is that I was not that fearful in it. Trepiditious, wary and always managing his resources, yes, but not really that fearful at any time. Always a solution at hand. *shrug* Dream me is braver than the real me xD

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
KingFan13

Post by KingFan13 »

I was woken up by a huge storm last week. I had a hard time getting back to sleep. When I finally did get back to sleep, I had a dream where I couldn't get back to sleep. Yeah, just my luck.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

I had a dream about the forums last night where everyone here thought I went insane... :?
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Douglas Collier

You might be a little quirky, but I wouldn't go so far as insane. :)

Last night I dreamed I was with Team Cap in the upcoming movie. It was pretty awesome.
Unusuallynamedperson

Which movie?
Douglas Collier

Civil War
Unusuallynamedperson

:lol: I call being Baron Zemo
Douglas Collier

Oh, also had the first flying dream I can remember! I was flying an ultralight; I ended up crashing it when I tried landing, though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I had an awesome dream last night! It featured a fox that had markings kinda like a corgi but in fox colours. He was asked to tell us (although I have no idea who "us" was) a story so he sang "Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf and it was awesome! In the dream he was a CGI version of a cartoon that I'd seen earlier in the dream but somehow he was real and with me and not in the show.

I've had the song in my head all day since. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Douglas Collier

Hlaoroo wrote:It featured a fox that had markings kinda like a corgi but in fox colours.
That's not too big of a stretch. :P
----------
Had a dream about running from a friend who had been turned into a lion. I thought it was savage and trying to eat me, as it was chasing me down and trying to get into the room I had sealed myself in, but it just turned out my friend thought we were playing a game and really just wanted to talk - the blood I thought I had seen on the shirt it was wearing was actually just a design.
Unusuallynamedperson

I dreamt about furry populations last night. In the end I concluded that there were 500billion furrys and like 1billion people on the planet....
Yeah, so that was weird...
supersonicfan169

Ok, my dream last was kinda strange. It starts with me walking out of my bathroom, where I come face-to-face with a guy I can't stand because of his jerkiness IRL. However, in the dream, he is actually really nice, and we go to my bedroom with a girl I know. Then, we all sit down on my bed, and I pull out a balloon and start blowing it up. I got it to about this big before one of the teachers at school asks me if he can show us something with the balloon. He inflates it (and pops it) in about two breaths. Then I woke up in the middle of the night because of my stomach.

After about 45 minutes of trying to go back to sleep, I finally fell asleep. This time, I had a new dream, and in it, my mom, my sisters, and I were in Chicago. My sisters were causing trouble in a McDonalds, and then an airplane (a Boeing 737-400 to be specific) flew low overhead. The second dream was pretty short, so not much happened before I woke up.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Mon May 09, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remember the family-friendly rating of these forums.
Douglas Collier

Just dreamed about being an investigator on a case where someone was accused of killing a baby. The media was all fired up and getting the mother on TV, trying to get the guy convicted. The thing is, the crime was very similar to another crime where the media had done the exact same thing, but then undisputable evidence had been found and proven the suspect innocent, and the real killer was never caught - the guy's reputation never recovered, however.

What made it even more interesting was that the suspect of the current case was the best friend of the acquitted person in the previous case, and the media was speculating that he was guilty of both crimes. I, on the other hand, believed he was innocent; also, one of the news anchors who had slandered the suspect in the previous case the worst was hesitant to accuse the new suspect, so we were fighting everyone trying to prove the guy's innocence.

If the dream hadn't ended, my bet is on the mother of the first baby being the killer in both cases; the first being an accident that she covered up and the second being for more attention from the media in the second case.
Unusuallynamedperson

I dreampt that I fell asleep in class and that my dream while being there was falling asleep at home in my bed. :lol:
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

I had a dream a long, long time ago where I was being hunted by what I guess was some pteranodon/bat-like thing, 'eck if I know but I still remember it looked somethin' like a bat, some furry thing, and a pteranodon had loved each other very much and gave way to that thing..Well needless to say it was horrifying until the very end where basically Deus Ex Machina in the form of one of my family members somehow getting a bloody shotgun somehow and blasted the twit to kingdom come... I had a lot of strange dreams when I was younger but now I have NO dreams whatsoever.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Unusuallynamedperson

yes you do, you just can't remember them once you get up
Douglas Collier

Last night I dreamed about going back in time to try to start a business. After many failed attempts, I finally settled on a fertilizer company. Things were going well until an anarchist tried to stir up trouble for me by trying to start a union based on made up health concerns and somehow us supporting violence, which we weren't. We ended up calling a meeting, and found several bombs in her satchel, before she set off a poisonous smoke bomb. With my knowledge of chemistry I neutralized the poison, and managed to get my workers out and discredit her before she could pin it all on me. With so many witnesses against her, things turned out fine and my workers were happy again.
Unusuallynamedperson

I pressed L twice while getting out of bed yesterday...after that I forgot what I had dreampt about.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Douglas Collier wrote:Last night I dreamed about going back in time to try to start a business. After many failed attempts, I finally settled on a fertilizer company. Things were going well until an anarchist tried to stir up trouble for me by trying to start a union based on made up health concerns and somehow us supporting violence, which we weren't. We ended up calling a meeting, and found several bombs in her satchel, before she set off a poisonous smoke bomb. With my knowledge of chemistry I neutralized the poison, and managed to get my workers out and discredit her before she could pin it all on me. With so many witnesses against her, things turned out fine and my workers were happy again.
Oh no! The PeTV! D:
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

my dream while taking a nap: I was at my grandma's house. there was a giant pothole in front of their driveway and it rained really hard, pretty much making like a small lake right next to the river that was once their street.

then somehow Cat Noir from Miraculous Ladybug was fighting someone in their basement who could copy powers/abilities of other people, of which there were a few in the house who did nothing. then suddenly I was Ladybug, but still me, not Marinette. and I was a white ladybug instead of a red one (Which I just realized is cause we had seen a white ladybug on the car when we left my grandma's house today)
then I just sort of watched Cat fight the enemy cause my powers weren't working. maybe I was recharging.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Douglas Collier

I had a dream where I moved to a nice house, went to a small school, met a nice girl, and got to love on a cute little dog that found its way into school. I really needed that after yesterday. ^u^
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

and another dream with a cartoon in it, but this time it was the new Netflix Voltron series. I'll put what I remember in spoilers cause it may spoil a plot point.

I was the pilot of the blue lion of Voltron, taking the place of Lance. Pidge was betraying the team and I had to chase her down. cue chase scene through cities and across cliffs between the blue and green lions. after catching up to her, it turns out the twist in my dream voltron isn't that pidge is a girl, but that she's half alien and her alien parent is pressuring or otherwise controlling her to betray the team. then I woke up or just stopped remembering.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I had a couple of random ones last night.

In the first dream, my dad was driving his car with my mom, myself and my girlfreind as passengers.
We were entering the center of the nearest major town to where I live from the west for some reason, and I remember my mom wanted to get something from the town market.
So my dad parked up on the corner of the town's newest traffic light junction, blocking one of the roadways into the side street, and he was figuring out how to drive up tot he market and drop my mom off there.
And I remember saying "I can just get off here and catch a bus home because I got a dayrider" and I remember clutching the dayrider in my fingers.
I have no idea why I had a dayrider on me.
That's about all I remember.

In the second dream, I'm riding on my bike from my house to the same town center.
I arrived in a sort of pedestrian square I frequently walk through whenever I'm in town, and I remember someone calling out to me, wanting my attention, so I'm trying to stop my bike..but for some reason by bike wouldn't stop...in my attempts, I first ran it into a metal pole, but that didn't work...then I ran it into the wall of a building, and thayt did the trick.
I then got to saw who was calling out to me...my mind registered it as someone I knew from secondary school but hadn't seen since I left, but her facial features were that of some country gal with white freckles for some reason.
That's about all I remember of that dream.