Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

InDaZone1219

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by InDaZone1219 »

The last time I was in an uncomfortable office chair watching anime, it was Attack on Titan.
Joy: I got some art done and I started the next page here. :mrgreen:
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
valerio

Post by valerio »

Joy: at the theater with friends for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.
YAAAYYY!
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Sorrow: Well, things aren't going well between me and my father. Just small, petty arguments, really. His birthday is also coming up on the 31st and I don't know how to approach this. Due to the tension between us, I don't think he'll appreciate us celebrating, but ignoring his birthday just seems really callous.
I'm just hoping we can resolve things before then.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Work Sorrow: Mad. Missed out on an opportunity for a really well paying job that I also would have enjoyed. I still have chances later down the road but not following the steps to get it may have hurt my chances for consideration the next time around.
Work Joy: If I got back to my old job soon, I'll get to keep my raises plus get another raise on top of that.
Joy: My sister is doing well in what seems to be the first time in forever.
Sorrow: Just like the past 3 years, most likely wont see anyone for the holidays.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know how bad that can suck. We're not celebrating Christmas this year due to it being the first one without my grandfather.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ale Kit wrote:Sorrow: Just like the past 3 years, most likely wont see anyone for the holidays.
I know it's not the same, but at least you'll (probably) be home for Thanksgiving!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

There is only a small chance i'll be awarded the time for that. Even if I did, it's questionable that anyone in my family's going to do anything for thanksgiving.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I know how bad that can suck. We're not celebrating Christmas this year due to it being the first one without my grandfather.
Really sorry to hear that.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sorrow: "You have everything you could want- a roof that doesn't leak, a computer to burn time, consistent food, a good school, and parents who don't beat you. Why should you ever complain that something is lacking in your life? You aren't starving to death. You aren't being beaten by your loved ones. YOU aren't facing evil when you look at anyone around you. So shape up and shut up."

Joy: In a few days we'll experience the first day in a long time that has my mom's abusive, cheating, unreasonable boyfriend not bogging us down with legal fees after a one-year custody case that could have taken a couple months if he wasn't such AN IDIOT-

Sorrow: Still facing a long-standing issue with my friend group that only inflames if I attempt to fight it. Accusations. What's worse, the accusations are not only false, but would get me arrested and put on trial for a felony charge (read: ruin my life) if they were to leak out. I've been playing along with it as a joke to fool them into complacency, but it's not funny to me.

Sorrow: If I leave them, there's nothing to stop them from spreading the accusation. They already showed the will to and have tried to spread it before, back when I thought I could fight it. I don't even know what to do anymore.

Sorrow: Among this, a friend of mine has recently been involved in questionable activities. The pressure to join him has been rising, slowly but surely. I can remain vigilant, but for how long I do not know.

Sorrow: A windstorm brewed up, and there were over 700 power outages across my area since Saturday night. Absolutely unprecedented.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow : An app on my phone stopped working so I had to reinstall it. I ha e forgotten so many of my webcomics that I read.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Joy: Got a 100 on my paper, despite it's imperfections.
Sorrow: Deciding what to do about transferring is frustrating. Messing up the first time I tried college makes it questionable as to what out-of-state colleges I can transfer to.
I've been debating between a college in Oklahoma, or going to the one (public) college in my home state that offers my program. My friend dying has brought me and a few other friends somewhat closer, so at least being in the same time zone would be good.
Joy:Though, I think I'm stuck here, it might benefit later as I wont have to retake tons of classes.
Joy: Realized that my circumstances and decision are changing too much and I need to forget about it until next summer when I apply.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Pain: My nose really hurts from my mom punching it last night... Well, at least it's not bleeding anymore...
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

hypernovatic wrote:Pain: My nose really hurts from my mom punching it last night... Well, at least it's not bleeding anymore...
WHAT ?! :x
well , at least , like you said , it's not bleeding anymore , sorry to hear that hyper , and hope you get well soon
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If your mom hits you, you probably should contact the authorities...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Sorrow: I think I'm getting sick... whether it's just a sore throat or strep throat I don't know. Hopefully seeing a doctor Saturday. :)

Joy: Starting to fix the hole that I dug myself in for the for first few weeks of college. *Phew* Can't Stop now.

Sorrow: Slowly losing time to work on the fan fic I'm writing, but...

Joy: Finished at least half of the chapter I'm working on! Only another half and an Epilogue to go!

Joy: Probably going to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Worry/Frustration: The house my parents are building isn't quite finished and we're supposed to be closing on it and moving in tomorrow. The inspector wasn't happy to see workers doing work on the house. We might have to stay in a hotel if the inspector's report isn't favorable.

Hopefully things will work out.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Joy: In 18 hours, I'm departing on a Disney cruise.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: Going to UNCG (University of North Carolina Greensboro) this Saturday for an Undergraduate Math Conference and I'm super excited about it. It's gonna be a bunch of people presenting their research on various topics. Like, this one guy will be talking about how he uses differential equations to map cancer cells. Also, there might be a guy who's gonna talk about the math in video games. Plus, they'll be free food.

Sorrow: UNCG is like 2ish hours away from where I am, so I'll be getting up at 5:30am Saturday morning.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Joy: I always like the feeling of a roadtrip starting at the crack of dawn.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: The loan inspector wouldn't guarantee our loan because one lousy storm door hadn't been installed for the master closet/storm shelter (we ordered it weeks ago, but the company wasn't competent; we ended up ordering the steel door from someone else), so we weren't able to close with the bank on the house (meaning we don't own it). :x

Joy: We were given the clear to move in anyway - we'll be moving in tomorrow.

Sorrow: Not looking forward to helping with the move (gonna do it anyway, though).

Sorrow: It was very blustery with sprinkles of rain here and there... It was a dark and stormy night.

Joy: We were able to have our annual bonfire anyway, and we gave tours of the house to our friends.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I walked with my mother, aunt and cousins to go trick-or-treating

Sorrow: They went out for hot chocolate afterwards and me and my mother couldn't go because we couldn't fit in the car.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Are you and your mother extraordinarily tall and/or giant balloons masquerading as human?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Sorrow: So finding a job is difficult. Everyone knows that. Places are all happy to get you to volunteer with them but when it comes to paid work, even when they always compliment the stuff you do, suddenly they go all quiet. And to make it worse I am now so poor it is...well it is borderline hysterical. I'm trying to find info on a place but the only person who knows stuff about it has always had issues when it comes to checking his stupid phone for messages.
So that job is a dead end until the fool remembers how to use his phone.

I even thought about selling some of my stuff. I mean a lot of it I hate, or would never use, or can't use. I've got a load of games and stuff that are really old and now potentially very rare. Problem is cex has either never heard of them or will buy them for 10p because that store is cheap. Bum heads. Ebay is all well and good BUT not only do I have no idea how much some of this stuff is really worth (I don't want to sell something cheap if I can get loads more from it. I'm too poor for that) but some of it is the sort of stuff that the right collector would willingly pay loads for. But I can't offer prices if I have no idea on their worth! I physically can't sell them for anything less than what they potentially could be because I am desperate for the money. and value searching on the internet is...result-less. So I have no idea what to do.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It was my aunt and 4 cousins. The car was a five passenger car. Me and my mother were passenger six and seven.

Actually, I should have just let people believe that we're big giants.
Douglas Collier

Joy: We're moved in to our new house! :mrgreen:
Joy: We already have Internet set up. :mrgreen:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Joy: Just watched some youtube videos about funny autocorrect mistakes , haven't laughed that much in months :lol:
sorrow : that was the only time I laughed in months , I know I've had some bad time and therefore a little depressed lately but wow , my goodness , that was just sad....oizzzz
sorrow : and apparently , many people out there , some of whom I know , is having it even worse than I am , much worse , like everything just decided to go skydiving all together or something , what is this....
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: have tommorow off! :D
Slight sorrow: working on Saturday so it kind of works against me too.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: Getting today off and I'm all done registering for classes. 12 solid hours of math. Can't wait!
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I had to take 12 solid hours of math, I would throw myself off the campus building.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Joy: I voted and therefore can complain about the politician-I-didn't-vote-for's policies.
Just an Arc
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I voted for Princess Celestia yet again.

Sorrow: I only did that because there was an election where I didn't want to vote for any of the actual candidates.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I also voted but the only question that I remember clearly the answer I voted for was "Question 3" which was to open up the Rhode Island constitution.

Sorrow: I now have a stuffy nose and I think its from a cold.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Sleet wrote:Joy: I voted for Princess Celestia yet again.

Sorrow: I only did that because there was an election where I didn't want to vote for any of the actual candidates.
Hasn't there been an election somewhere where a ficus won because nobody wanted the candidates?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I just learned that one of my online friends tried to commit suicide. Thank GOD he didn't succeed.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: I just learned that one of my online friends tried to commit suicide. Thank GOD he didn't succeed.
:shock: That's heavy. Hopefully your friend can get the help they need.

Joy: My movie night idea has taken hold at work and will now be a regular event. Every Thursday night. In order to get more students to come to the cafeteria I suggested that we show old public domain movies and cartoons (that way we don't have to worry about copyright issues) in order to attract more students. They can come for the movies and stay for our crappy food.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thank you for your well-wishes.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: 3 more hours and I will have a day off! :D
Sorrow: it's a very busy Saturday here. :|
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Sorrow: got a bad stiff neck which is still hurting hard... :x
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Joy: The Sonic Boom cartoon is pretty fantastic.
*cough*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Great now you're getting me to try it. XP
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I might try it later on also.