Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

GameCobra

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by GameCobra »

Alot of Joy lately =3

#1: My sister got a job working at our popular ice cream store around here. Yeah, it's not much, but she's at least got some work to keep up the pay at home with us.
#2: I found a permament drive to work!
#3: Technical support is the love of my life.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

lasthunter wrote:
Sleet wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:What is with you and Glee recently Diss? :P
It's adorable, isn't it?
it certainly is intriguing.
Why's that?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Shock: There was a car on its side in the ditch on the way home. :? :shock: Hope no one was hurt...

Joy: DUCKLINGS!!! :D
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Joy: the song "Pennsylvania 6-5000", especially played by Bobby Benson's Baby Band on "The Muppet Show".
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Joy: I beat the Grand Prix with RT Solvalou in RRT4.

Sorrow: I got exactly zero perfect wins in the Final GP. I blame the Infinito for that.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Joy: GREAT Liturgy today! :D

Sorrow: Sometimes I feel like everyone but me speaks in a code that sounds like English but that no one taught me and so I'm the only one who doesn't understand it. :( Also, schedule mismatches FTL! :(
PF chars

--Phoenix

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Anxious: A new strain of bird flu has been confirmed in China recently, the H7N9. So far, no human-to-human transmission has been recorded, but this is quite nerve-wrecking, especially since only the H1N1 strain vaccine is available (which I have already been injected with)

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ChewyChewy wrote:Sorrow: Sometimes I feel like everyone but me speaks in a code that sounds like English but that no one taught me and so I'm the only one who doesn't understand it. :( Also, schedule mismatches FTL! :(
That's part of your condition. It helps to find people who are good at "translating." That, or ask what people mean when they say things and then believe them rather than criticize their use of the English language.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Joy: Spring finally arrived :)
Super Joy: Motorbike season 2013 started :D
Ultra Joy: One week of vacation :mrgreen:
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

neutrality....... it seems that my family (my sister, my mom, and myself.) are going to move out of this cruddy house by the end of the school year......."sighs" so much for friends its only been one year after my last move after this school year i would have been in four different schools for four different grades....oh well, beggars cant be choosers.
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sleet wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Sorrow: Sometimes I feel like everyone but me speaks in a code that sounds like English but that no one taught me and so I'm the only one who doesn't understand it. :( Also, schedule mismatches FTL! :(
That's part of your condition. It helps to find people who are good at "translating." That, or ask what people mean when they say things and then believe them rather than criticize their use of the English language.
Hard to do when I assume they mean a particular thing because it's what I would mean if I said that, and I can't conceive of meaning something else.

I'm not looking for excuses, I'm just saying that's why I have a problem. People who speak English shouldn't need subtitles.

And I'm guilty of it myself--I don't always say what I mean, I've learned to "play games" with language out of cowardice.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

As bad as it sounds, you should always remind yourself that the problem lies more with you than with others. So rather than focusing on "How can they be more clear?", focus on "How can I learn to understand them?"
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: the semester is almost done. Which is good because I'm burnt out,
Joy: signed my lease for next year. no more dorms!!!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Pondering: Sometimes I wonder, I don't like what I'm doing and where I am in life right now. Should I continue the way I am, or start over. Starting over will no doubt be much, much more challenging, but what if things go better a second time? I mean, I look at where I am, and even though I know I've gotten nowhere...it's still my nowhere, which means something to me. Quite honestly, I look about a year or so in the past and everything seemed pretty good. If I go 2 years in the past, everything was going perfect. Right now, everything is only barely still going in my life. There's no point looking back and wishing for the past, but making a massive change in my life right now might allow me to re-experience those fun, rewarding times I used to have. I know that choice will be a risk, and I could end up with less...but I will without a doubt have to try really, really hard.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There really isn't a better time to rethink one's career goals than where you are right now. Look at the future with an open mind and work toward what you really want to do with your life.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

If you really don't like where/how your life is going make a change. Life's too short to settle for a situation you don't like. If you think you have a way to find some sort of fullfillment or happiness or whatever go for it while you still can.
Sorrow: One of my friends isn't in a good place a the moment and his uncle just died. I'm worried about him.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

44R0NM10 wrote:Pondering: Sometimes I wonder, I don't like what I'm doing and where I am in life right now. Should I continue the way I am, or start over. Starting over will no doubt be much, much more challenging, but what if things go better a second time? I mean, I look at where I am, and even though I know I've gotten nowhere...it's still my nowhere, which means something to me. Quite honestly, I look about a year or so in the past and everything seemed pretty good. If I go 2 years in the past, everything was going perfect. Right now, everything is only barely still going in my life. There's no point looking back and wishing for the past, but making a massive change in my life right now might allow me to re-experience those fun, rewarding times I used to have. I know that choice will be a risk, and I could end up with less...but I will without a doubt have to try really, really hard.
I'm in the same situation. I always believed though that at a certain age you should always make plans for what you wanna do in life.

For me? I think I've had enough fun up until now and plan on taking a career course next year and focusing on what I think I should've been doing since high school. But the thing is, you always learn things as life goes on. I wished I learned sooner, but not everyone learns at the same pace and I always think that's a part of life people come to understand as life goes on.

My advice,44R0NM10, is if you do plan on making a major change in life, let people know what you are planning in your life. I'm trying to tell my buddies that i'm not going to be that hardcore gamer i always wanted to be and it's been very hard trying to tell them, but that's because I made so many expectations in life to get where i was and it ended up asking for more effort these days.

Sorrow: We found mice in the house again. Eek! D: Thought we got rid of them.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Incredulous Sorrow: RAGH!! :( Why, without meaning any disrespect to these things, do the silly things (in the long run) mean so MUCH to me?!? Why does it have to be like this?! There's no rhyme or reason to this anymore!! At the same time, I want to change, but I DON'T want to! I'm terrified of it, I NEED order and stability! URGH!

Sorrow: Why do I not REMEMBER what people have told me?

I practically cried myself to sleep out of frustration. :cry:
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

44R0NM10 wrote:Pondering: Sometimes I wonder, I don't like what I'm doing and where I am in life right now. Should I continue the way I am, or start over. Starting over will no doubt be much, much more challenging, but what if things go better a second time? I mean, I look at where I am, and even though I know I've gotten nowhere...it's still my nowhere, which means something to me. Quite honestly, I look about a year or so in the past and everything seemed pretty good. If I go 2 years in the past, everything was going perfect. Right now, everything is only barely still going in my life. There's no point looking back and wishing for the past, but making a massive change in my life right now might allow me to re-experience those fun, rewarding times I used to have. I know that choice will be a risk, and I could end up with less...but I will without a doubt have to try really, really hard.
I agree with what Sleet, Seth and GameCobra had opined in this matter. If you feel that you need that change of pace or change of direction, first really ask yourself whether this is really what you want. Talk this out with your loved ones and see what they have to offer for advice. I think it's important to get a neutral opinion as well, like from a counselor or career advisor.

Then, when you finally made your decision, act on it fast, and put all your effort in making your choice work. Don't delay too much, because there is a time when you cannot turn back even if you want to. Even researches dictate that it's better to have made a wrong decision, than not making a choice at all and stay pondering about the possibilities. I'm speaking as someone who had experienced this dilemma and chose not to act on it. I regret it till this day.

Sorrow: Just watched the news just now, about the Boston Marathon bombing.... I feel sickened to think that anyone would do this... why? And now, I feel like throwing up...
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Incredulous Sorrow: RAGH!! :( Why, without meaning any disrespect to these things, do the silly things (in the long run) mean so MUCH to me?!? Why does it have to be like this?! There's no rhyme or reason to this anymore!! At the same time, I want to change, but I DON'T want to! I'm terrified of it, I NEED order and stability! URGH!

Sorrow: Why do I not REMEMBER what people have told me?

I practically cried myself to sleep out of frustration. :cry:
So sorry to hear that! :( *hugs*

I'm here for you, whenever you need it.
PF chars

--Phoenix

lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

........aw man...... my body is really messed up. I thought that i was better but im wrong. oh my poor stomach i feel like some sick twisted man is shoving a sharp stick into my organs.....blech.
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

GameCobra wrote: I'm in the same situation. I always believed though that at a certain age you should always make plans for what you wanna do in life.

For me? I think I've had enough fun up until now and plan on taking a career course next year and focusing on what I think I should've been doing since high school. But the thing is, you always learn things as life goes on. I wished I learned sooner, but not everyone learns at the same pace and I always think that's a part of life people come to understand as life goes on.

My advice,44R0NM10, is if you do plan on making a major change in life, let people know what you are planning in your life. I'm trying to tell my buddies that i'm not going to be that hardcore gamer i always wanted to be and it's been very hard trying to tell them, but that's because I made so many expectations in life to get where i was and it ended up asking for more effort these days.
Thanks for the advice here, more so for telling me your own story. You as well there Kuro. I appreciate it. (Thank you too, Sleet and Seth, of course)
Last edited by 44R0NM10 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: the place where I get food switched their brand of apple juice again, and this brand's better than the horrible stuff they had before.

Sorrow: It was still better when they had Tropicana :/
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

It is never too late to start over if you want. I finished school last year, and now, next year I plan to go back to get a nursing degree. You can always take a different path. Think of it as a having a blank slate. You can do anything.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Sorrow: I think I really MIGHT be afraid to be happy, out of fear someone or something will take it away...

Sorrow: Guilt.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

epic happiness: shiny mew now in my battle team! 8-)
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Sorrow: I think I really MIGHT be afraid to be happy, out of fear someone or something will take it away...

Sorrow: Guilt.
Please try to remember that there's a reason happiness is desirable over unhappiness. Unhappiness is inevitable in this life but that doesn't mean you can't have happiness to offset it.

And please don't beat yourself up. *hugs*
PF chars

--Phoenix

yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: Discovered the pleasing sounds of Ludovico Einaudo. I could listen to that piano all day.
Sent from my conifer.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: A supervisor that used to give me a hard time was threatened with firing, so she quit. And GOOD!

If you think I am laughing at another's misfortune, this is a woman who would call my attention by using homophobic words, and when I ignored her because those hateful words were not my name, she would get me in trouble with the manager for not following orders and ignoring her.

Couldn't happen to a nicer scumbag! :twisted:
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: I'm good at dodging balls
Sorrow: I suck at throwing balls
Sent from my conifer.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

joy: i got a new game!
joy: i liked the game!
sorrow.....i think i lost the game somewhere....
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

yehoshua wrote:Joy: I'm good at dodging balls
Sorrow: I suck at throwing balls
Story of my middle school physical education class.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Great Joy: Makes me happy to hear they captured one of the guys suspected responsible for the bombings of Boston. God bless Boston tonight and I wish for them to enjoy the celebration they are doing tonight. I hope for the best for the families tonight that lost their loved ones as well.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: I found a random furry manga on the internet and started reading it for references purposes. Then... it had a yandere (mentally deranged lovestruck character) ending, with the protagonist being killed in the end. Really makes me dizzy and my heart racing, since I avoid these kinds of stories, and have stopped watching movies with unexpected twists.

Joy:... In the end, it was only a pseudo-ending, and the real ending is cuter and light-hearted. You can't believe how relieved I felt. And I found some more expressions and faces to try on, especially the yandere one, so it's all good! ^w^)b

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

joy. at the end of the year im moving!!!!!!
Duster

Post by Duster »

Optimistic joy: Today I'm taking the necessary steps to insure that I can Finish my associates degree by the end of next year. From there I hope to "possibly" pursue a bachelors degree at a neighboring college.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

GOOD LUCK DUSTER!!!! :D

Post by 0404 »

Duster wrote:Optimistic joy: Today I'm taking the necessary steps to insure that I can Finish my associates degree by the end of next year. From there I hope to "possibly" pursue a bachelors degree at a neighboring college.
My best regard Duster!

So here are some of my joys and sorrows over past two months.

Joy/sorrow: I got my reportcard, ermergerd, 97 for American history, 95 on art, 92 for Geo but 87 for math...
Joy: going to get a gun license soon, this saturday.
Joy: I met a furry in real life and had a good time with him.
I dunno: A girl in Cadet (JROTC) likes me.................. I'm in panic mode.
Sorrow: still snowy around here.
Sorrow: I'm running low on my budget
Joy:got a Canadian dogtag from my friend and got a camo uniform
Joy:musical production went really well, some songs from it are still ringing in my head. I'm getting a volunteer credit.
Joy:went to a local gun show.
Joy:went to two of my friends' birthday parties, it was fun.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

texascat018 wrote:
So here are some of my joys and sorrows over past two months.

Joy/sorrow: I got my reportcard, ermergerd, 97 for American history, 95 on art, 92 for Geo but 87 for math...
Joy: going to get a gun license soon, this saturday.
Joy: I met a furry in real life and had a good time with him.
I dunno: A girl in Cadet (JROTC) likes me.................. I'm in panic mode.
Sorrow: still snowy around here.
Sorrow: I'm running low on my budget
Joy:got a Canadian dogtag from my friend and got a camo uniform
Joy:musical production went really well, some songs from it are still ringing in my head. I'm getting a volunteer credit.
Joy:went to a local gun show.
Joy:went to two of my friends' birthday parties, it was fun.
dang sounds like that was a fun two months :lol: its nice to know that things are going well for everyone.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My concert went really well and it was a lot of fun!

Sorrow: I still haven't heard back about that research job. :(