Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ChewyChewy

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by ChewyChewy »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Sorrow and RAGE: As of yesterday afternoon, I am officially laid off from work until the 10th of June. I hate being a temporary employee of the state of North Carolina sometimes.

I will be out of work for a full month while permanent employees will only gone for 2 weeks. I am eligible for unemployment insurance and have applied for it. After a week to process me, I will be on the dole.

To make matters worse, my chances of being made permanent this summer may be in peril. A 450 pound land whale named Ronald is supposed to retire this summer and then I am to be made permanent. He has now expressed his desire to stay on for another year, dashing my hopes. It is understandable. He has me and another guy to do his work for him, so it just gets cushier for him. He might as well be on the dole, not me! He already just sits around and collects checks without working! But, my supervisor reassured me that when the option to retire is finally presented to him that he will go for it. He is eligible for his retirement and social security, hopefully between that and not having to drive to Boone from Mountain City Tennessee to "work" will be enough of an enticement to never come back.

God, I hate my life...
So sorry to hear that! :( *hugs* Try to find the good in this--it's always there, just sometimes hard to find.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: It seems our computer has been infected by a virus. A really bad one from what I can see. It doesn't open properly, it slows down from time to time, and the free memory space slowly gets lower and lower. I'm gonna have to ask my dad about this.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: It seems our computer has been infected by a virus. A really bad one from what I can see. It doesn't open properly, it slows down from time to time, and the free memory space slowly gets lower and lower. I'm gonna have to ask my dad about this.
Try these out:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/wind ... s-download

Hopefully it helps!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

Windows really needs to get reinstalled from time to time.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sorrow: I woke up today feeling unbelievably hungry. We were going for lunch and I ate so fast that I felt sick until we got home.
Sorrow: I puked up most of what I ate... I chalked it up to overeating, but then I remembered that one of my friends was forced to come to school when he had the flu. So I must have caught it from him. I'm going to relax and drink some water and then I'm gonna take a rest.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Seethe: Some kid with a death wish stole my sister's Ipod while she was in PE. She has an inkling on who it was based on the girls who were hanging around the changing rooms at the time though. So hopefully she will be able to give a list of the people to the head of year. Now this will have no effect as the teachers of that school couldn't care less if a violent fight broke out much less a case of theft occurring. So when they do just ignore it all her friends are going to find out who it was and stalk her home. Upon which they will (hopefully inviting me) confront them and if necessary involve the police. Which will spread further as many cases of theft have occurred at that school and not once have the teachers even bothered to lift a finger.

And just in case the police don't bother or if they see her with it they will jump the little ***** when she is walking alone and if needed beat the living snot out of her. It is everyone does in my school so it will work for her. I can't stand it when people steal other peoples possessions.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sorrow: The next couple weeks will be extraordinarily busy for me. Everything will soon converge to flood my life at once and I will not even have time to sleep.... this is horrid, really.

Sorrow: Little to no chance of hanging out with my boyfriend or friends.

Joy: I found out there is an online friend in my town and now we are buds! :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: I don't have the flu!
Sorrow: I'm bored :l
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Joy: 2 more weeks and I'll finally be able to NOT see and hear most of the people from our class constantly.

Sorrow (kinda): Summer's here, as well as the rising temperature. I am constantly thirsty, wasting way more money on various drinks that I can possibly think of.
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorrow: I feel incredibly lonely.
Sent from my conifer.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I'm feeling a little depressed. Although it's kind of more like laziness than depression. I'm having a hard time getting myself to do stuff this week. I guess I lack in motivation...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Mickey the Luxray

Sorrow: Music... of all the things that I could've gotten bored of... it had to be music. DAGNABBITDAGIT******AGH
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

JOY.....IM BACK EVERYONE!!!!!!!
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy?: Really thankful that I don't have much of a 'sixth sense' like the rest of my family. Just learned the reason why my mum never sleeps with the lights out: my house is constantly being haunted by vengeful Slenderman-like creatures, sent by a next-door neighbour who wanted us out to expand his property.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

kurowolfe wrote:Joy?: Really thankful that I don't have much of a 'sixth sense' like the rest of my family. Just learned the reason why my mum never sleeps with the lights out: my house is constantly being haunted by vengeful Slenderman-like creatures, sent by a next-door neighbour who wanted us out to expand his property.

... wat
Sent from my conifer.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

...In all fairness, I've heard weirder things and still believe them.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

:shock: slendermen....in your house......I WANA GO!!!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've always kinda wanted a paper-mâché Slender Man dummy to prop up in unexpected places.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

kurowolfe wrote:Joy?: Really thankful that I don't have much of a 'sixth sense' like the rest of my family. Just learned the reason why my mum never sleeps with the lights out: my house is constantly being haunted by vengeful Slenderman-like creatures, sent by a next-door neighbour who wanted us out to expand his property.
To follow up...

Erm: Apparently, I've been told that I might be the next carrier/owner a 'saka' (neutral spirit creature) from my grandpa (or being possessed by it). Someone with a more refined 'sixth sense' had declared that she can see 'it' around me.

.... I really don't know how to take this news. I'm not much of a fan of the supernatural, but I do accept that there's another world parallel to this one with these creatures, and after listening to all the accounts from my family members, I can't simply dismiss them. Ah well, hope nothing much changes

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

meh...so let it... just don't give up full control keep your head and defenses up and stay sharp :P

cant be much that different than multipersonality disorder...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just keep it out of your mind. I don't think you have much to worry about. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

.....school is taking up my computer on Monday.....that means that im going to be stuck with dino computer......dear lord help me through the lags!!!!
Mickey the Luxray

Hey, now, old computers can run even better than new ones! I have a Compaq Contura that runs Windows 3.1! It runs better than most of my modern laptops |c
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sorrow: I had to give all my really old computers away a few years back. I had an original Macintosh. And a PDP-11 minicomputer that could still play ADVENT.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Joy :
*thanks to Kuro here I now know I'm not the only one have to listen to all of these insane thing older people talk about (there's this stupid rumor since my 2nd birthday that my soul is a demonic canine of some sort that will protect me by bringing misfortune and misery to everyone else , livings and spirits alike , and everyone believes it even now ! *facepaw*) , don't think about it mate , if you're meant to carry something like that around then there's nothing to even think about , especially if it's "neutral" , cause most of us are anyway ^^
*only 3 more weeks and i can finally rest , more time to be lurking around in here , yay <3
*just watched "best moments of Jack sparrow" , that was hilarious
*one of my 2 RP characters seems to be going well , hey , that's a joy for me :mrgreen:

Sorrow :
*3 more days before finals begin for 2 weeks , and I can't concentrate enough to study , curse you lazy-me !!!
*the other of my character , along with that RP , is kinda in a stand still , hopefully it will start moving again soon though , Oi!
*wanted to join the crew of the Impudence , but totally clueless about anything ship and/or sea related , which is ironic since I'm pretty interested in pirates , so I can't even imagine how my character even gonna be playing out, even wanted to make a mouse , but the scale differences make someone unimaginative like me blind XD .The pain ! the pain I tell you !!
*My internet connection....it's trolling me.....hard......
ShadowLightning

Sorrow (and a little fear): Two big cockroaches thought it was funny to fly out of the freaking nowhere and freak the heck out of me and my sister. Not only that, the said cockroaches just went inside the house like they owned the place and decided to play hide and seek with us. My night is ruined thanks to those little devil incarnates. I swear, if I see one of those things just fly out of nowhere, I am going to FREAK. OUT. SO. MUCH.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorrow: I feel kind of guilty about something that happened today. It was the third time my dog attacked me and this time I didn't hold back to well, keep him back. I ended up having to kick him after he bit my foot (luckily he slipped with my sock and bit the nail, it hurts but I'm not bleeding at all). This was the third time he attacked me and the fifth time he attacked anyone at all. Second time he attacks unprovoked (the biggest provocation was my dad picking up his food when Fofo attacked him).

We ended up finally taking Fofo to the vet, we didn't have him put to sleep but we'll put him on adoption, we just can't have him here anymore... My mom and sister are crying their hearts out.

Joy: I have an ethernet connection to my desktop now, no more lag when playing stuff.
Sent from my conifer.
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: I got a dedicated Minecraft server set up.
Sorrow: I lied. I can't connect to it. I get the "connection refused: connect" error whenever I try connecting to it.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Sorrow: Switzerland lost the Ice Hockey World Championship-final to Sweden :cry:
Joy: At least, Switzerland is vice world champion :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Hukley wrote:Sorrow: Switzerland lost the Ice Hockey World Championship-final to Sweden :cry:
Joy: At least, Switzerland is vice world champion :D
Which is PRETTY good considering they beat out the likes of Russia and Canada!
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow (and a little fear): Two big cockroaches thought it was funny to fly out of the freaking nowhere and freak the heck out of me and my sister. Not only that, the said cockroaches just went inside the house like they owned the place and decided to play hide and seek with us. My night is ruined thanks to those little devil incarnates. I swear, if I see one of those things just fly out of nowhere, I am going to FREAK. OUT. SO. MUCH.
try living in a house infested with German cockroaches.....they gave cockroaches the impossible to kill status....
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: we're doing better at home now, the cat's taken advantage and is laying down everywhere and I don't have to be so careful when walking in the morning to avoid waking the dog up. I didn't get much time to test my new ethernet connection which is a pity but I think sometimes this week I'll try streaming a nice movie that I haven't watched yet like Rise of the Guardians.
Sent from my conifer.
ShadowLightning

lasthunter wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow (and a little fear): Two big cockroaches thought it was funny to fly out of the freaking nowhere and freak the heck out of me and my sister. Not only that, the said cockroaches just went inside the house like they owned the place and decided to play hide and seek with us. My night is ruined thanks to those little devil incarnates. I swear, if I see one of those things just fly out of nowhere, I am going to FREAK. OUT. SO. MUCH.
try living in a house infested with German cockroaches.....they gave cockroaches the impossible to kill status....
I am so sorry for you... :cry:
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

its been a constant war after two years we killed off most of the within the automobile but god it was bad....
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sorrow: I've been unsure what I want in life for...I think 8 months now. I know this has been affecting ny studies at college, but I think it's beginning to affect me mentally as well now...if that makes sense.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

yah I know how you feel my friend , hope you'll figure it out soon ^^
sorrow : power out ! in the middle ! of ! A BOSS HUNT (online game) ! And I'm the only healer in the entire team , so the rest pretty much dead >_<''
joy : never noticed how pretty the moon is until now when all the streetlight is shut of though , kinda like it
Mickey the Luxray

Annoyed: For some reason, every time I go onto Youtube and open a new page, it downloads this thing called "frame." I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the new additions to YouTube, since I've never gotten that before now. |C Google, I love you for letting us change names without deleting our accounts, but COME ON.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sorrow: one of my dogs passed away yesterday. :cry:
...and I have exams.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Awwww :( I'm sure he lived a happy life though.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Sorrow: one of my dogs passed away yesterday. :cry:
...and I have exams.
Sorry to hear that. :( *hugs*

It's hard to lose a pet--but hang in there, because the pain doesn't last forever.

Sorrow: Having Asperger's Syndrome, I am really not good at empathizing with people, or of knowing the right thing to say or the wrong thing to say until it's too late. :(
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com